PDA

View Full Version : No way, man-bro-dude, no way!

Gymnotide
September 6th, 2009, 02:38 AM
ITT: What's your generic title that you refer to people by?
For example, this sentence uses one of these, dude.

I for one use "you," "person," "silly," "broski," "desu," and some word that the forum censors.
edit And "buddy."

BJ088
September 6th, 2009, 02:39 AM
I use dude and bud a lot. Use to say man a fair wack but eased off it as of late.

Donnie
September 6th, 2009, 02:46 AM
I mainly use "dude" or "<censored>"

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
September 6th, 2009, 03:04 AM
"Y'all" is what I use most often. Sometimes "Homes" or "Dawg".

donavannj
September 6th, 2009, 03:05 AM
Man, dude, buddy, fool, idiot, person, and a word the forum censors for some reason. But mostly dude.

EDIT: And, Y'all is in there, too.

Rokusasu
September 6th, 2009, 03:53 AM
'You', though my PC family are addressed according to their relationship with me. :3

Guillermo
September 6th, 2009, 04:27 AM
Usually I say dude. If im talken lyk dis den ill probz say bro.

Signomi
September 6th, 2009, 04:37 AM
I tend to use dude a lot, with the occasional buddy. But mostly dude, because dude, it fits.

Azonic
September 6th, 2009, 04:46 AM
I mostly use dude. It fits almost anything. xD

Naruto Uzumaki
September 6th, 2009, 04:51 AM
I get called homie or G in school lol

Jordan
September 6th, 2009, 05:13 AM
I use dude and man, the people around me use dude and man. I mostly go by first names, though. I wish I used "y'all" more often, but I keep forgetting D;

Pokepal17
September 6th, 2009, 05:42 AM
I use dude but a lot of times I just speak to them without calling them anything.

No, you fail
September 6th, 2009, 06:25 AM
depend's who im talking to really like one of my friend's i call bro alot, some i call dude, and girlfriend's what i call them is censored:L

michele
September 6th, 2009, 09:29 AM
wh0re. :| not the nicest thing, but it's how we do.

Michii
September 6th, 2009, 09:44 AM
I usually call people by their name or just say "Hey!" to get someone's attention. Other names that I use are not very nice (but I use them in a loving way to my friends :'D). Other names I use are random words like muffin biscuit or something that ends in tard/wurd/face.

The Darkest Gale
September 6th, 2009, 09:47 AM
I tend to use
group:guys,tubes,
single: person,<name>

Timbjerr
September 6th, 2009, 10:20 AM
"Dude" and "Buddy"...people often get thrown off when I refer to them as my buddy when I don't know the. XD

Aurafire
September 6th, 2009, 10:27 AM
"Dude" is my preferred choice. I use it for guys and girls =]

Went
September 6th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Guy XD Around here, we mostly use the Spanish for dude, though.

Metatron
September 6th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Dude, Duuude, Dewd, Bro, Bra', Brah, Bruh, Broseph, mofo, gajo, etc.

Synaesthesia
September 6th, 2009, 11:46 AM
I use man and dude. Yeah that's pretty much it. XD

xxemeneminyxx
September 6th, 2009, 01:13 PM
I use Dude the most and to the real girlies in my group id say hun. But mainly the most Dude.

Jak
September 6th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Y'all. DUH. And I have a friend that wears racoon tails all the time, and I would steal them from her and wear them and we'd call each other racoon without the 'ra', and...well, apparently that's a racial slur. ._.

And I don't call girls anything degrading and rude. Being a gentleman is what it's all about. I got dat southern quatlity~

Camisado
September 6th, 2009, 01:17 PM
^ Oh dear.

Uh, I think "mate", which is kind of English. xD

Lilith
September 6th, 2009, 01:29 PM
SilverSmeargleSplatter: Lol, I've said that racial slur and didn't know the real meaning. Ouchie. :S

I rarely say dude, despite being on the beachy side of life.

Female: Girls, babes, hunnies
Male: Guys, hunnies (until someone got jealous)
Group: Ya'll, peoplez

Jude Mathis
September 6th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Uuum.. I use 'dude' sometimes, or 'man'.

& Mostly use them in the same way, like:

"Duuude, that's pretty awesome."

I don't ever use 'bro' though, unless I'm being humorous, and/or is using it reference to a couple of characters or something. I know I use it when I talk about Persona 4, for Souji and Yosuke.
"Yosuke and Souji are BROS!<3" Thus his nickname.. 'Brosuke'. xD; That's about it, though.

Captain Hobo.
September 6th, 2009, 01:53 PM
I use dude or bro most of the time

Hassamu
September 6th, 2009, 02:52 PM
'Homeslice'..

But seriously, either 'Mate' or 'Man'.

Mr. Downstairs
September 6th, 2009, 03:11 PM
When I'm talking to people I feel closer to than others, I usually call them gurl. That's really the only thing I've called someone... thanks to Jeef, omg. :(

Citrinin
September 6th, 2009, 08:01 PM
I usually just call people "you". XD; Nothing fancy or anything. :P

Idiot!
September 6th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Guys, even if all of them are girls. For individuals, his/her name if I know/remember it, otherwise walk straight up and tell him/her what I want to say. If I need to call a stranger because s/he dropped something without realising it, I will call out what s/he's wearing, like "you there with red and white scarf".

BJ088
September 6th, 2009, 09:46 PM
You'll find the word "mate" is used by a lot of Aussies and English people.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
September 6th, 2009, 11:20 PM
I usually call people dudes or bastards I know it's mean but oh well :P

Route 18
September 6th, 2009, 11:31 PM
I usually refer to someone by their name, or if I don't know their name, I'd call them depending on their age. If they looked younger than me, I'd say "Hey kid!" If it were someone older than me, I'd get their attention by saying "Excuse me?".

Around my friends, though, I use various words, like "Hay gurl!" or "person" or "beachball" (the non-censored equivalent of the word we all should know. :0 )

Aegis
September 7th, 2009, 11:14 AM
I usually use "gurl" when talking to people, if not using their name XD; I don't really know how it started, I just found myself calling people that one day, and after I met up with some friends in May it kind of caught on and spread around. *trend setter obv* 8)

When I'm talking to people I feel closer to than others, I usually call them gurl. That's really the only thing I've called someone... thanks to Jeef, omg. :(

<3

>Feelings<
September 8th, 2009, 04:09 AM
Dude, pal, buddy, and a lot others depending on the situation.

Graceful
September 8th, 2009, 04:19 AM
I use, "Mate", and...er....names....and.....random nicknames......

⋚Raika⋚
September 8th, 2009, 04:31 AM
I normally use "Hey" or I would say the person's name. :P

Kung Fu Quagsire!
September 8th, 2009, 11:53 AM
"Mate," 'cause it's, like, the only thing that I think works with my accent, and "comrade/s." xD;

Serene Grace
September 8th, 2009, 11:57 AM
I use mahnn or dude mostly. It just seems to fit.

Gummy
September 8th, 2009, 12:07 PM
In real life, I'm usually using 'dude' or 'man', and even. However, online it's all about the bros.

http://i27.tinypic.com/dc8zl0.png

Melody
September 8th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Hehehe. Man, Dude, ya'll, are some of the few I use very frequently.

I don't use many others, but on occasions I might use different words if I think they fit the situation.

Chloè
September 8th, 2009, 04:30 PM
XD Well, I call a lot of the boys that follow me around "Professor Dickweed" I heard it in Taladaga Nights, and laughed, and I've used it ever since. XD
I also use the nicknames I gave my friends... and Dude....

World King
September 8th, 2009, 08:29 PM
When I talk to people I don't know, I use "person". When it's someone I know, usually it's "you (something related to them) you! "; when it's a female friend, I call them "dear". =D

Bagel
September 8th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Dude, or Man. Ocassionly i use there real names.

Mariah Carey
September 8th, 2009, 09:18 PM
All my puny mind can comprehend is either idiot or their first names.

♣Gawain♣
September 8th, 2009, 11:58 PM
Yeah, "dude" is a common one. I also use "Yo!".

Sammi
September 10th, 2009, 12:53 PM
For one person... I guess dude, although I don't say it as often as I used to. Unless I'm at work, then it's automatically sir or ma'am. For more than one person, it's always guys. Could be a group of girls. Doesn't matter to me. They're all guys to me.

Tacogeddon
September 10th, 2009, 01:30 PM
I'm probably the only person my age who impulsively uses the word dame to refer to girls, in a goofy old timey slang way.

Skymin
September 10th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Duuuuuude, man and i usually refer to everyone as youngins or children