PDA

View Full Version : Which one of the legendary birds was the hardest to catch?

Moltres111
September 6th, 2009, 03:10 AM
As the title says, which one of the legendary birds was in your opinion the hardest to catch? In my opinion:

Articuno is a jerk. I've always had the most trouble with Articuno.

Zapdos is easy. I always catch him in less than 20 Ultra Balls.

Moltres is ok. I use like 30-50 Ultra Balls to catch it.

BJ088
September 6th, 2009, 03:12 AM
Articuno is a jerk. I've always had the most trouble with Articuno.

Definately agree with you there. I remember when I use to play the game with a passion and regularly, it always annoyed me at how difficult it was to catch Articuno.

Soul Silver
September 6th, 2009, 07:18 AM
I hate to follow the crowd but I agree Articuno was the hardest to catch. Then Zapdos which wasnt too hard and I have always found Moltres fairly easy dunno why I just have...

Currently trying to catch Raikou in FR and its a ***** lol

Nuke
September 6th, 2009, 07:20 AM
Ho-oh

Their catch rates are the same so technically none but I always found Articuno hardest.

Zapdos could always be caught in about 10 Great Balls.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
September 6th, 2009, 09:46 AM
It took me 6 Ultra Balls to capture Moltres while the others I caught Zapdos with a Pokeball and Articuno with 2 great balls

:t354:TG

Valen
September 6th, 2009, 10:39 AM
zapdos was the easiest for me then it goes articuno then moltres

Amore
September 6th, 2009, 01:14 PM
zapdos woz tough coz my only poke good against the birds were charizard nd pikachu
-charizard weak to leccy
-zapdos strong to pikachu

Timbjerr
September 6th, 2009, 02:17 PM
never attempted the birds in FRLG, but in the old RB games, I actually found Zapdos to be harder than the other two. XD

Air Pichu
September 6th, 2009, 02:58 PM
I found capturing both Zapdos and Articuno pretty hard....... Moltres was really easy to catch.

xxxLatiasxxx
September 7th, 2009, 11:15 AM
I think Zapdos was the hardest legendary bird to catch for me.

DrFuji
September 7th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Articuno for me.

It seems to be much more fragile than the other birds and Ice is generally a pretty good attacking type, which generally lessens the turn window that I have to capture it. In addition, the trial which you have to go through to reach Articuno is much longer and complex than simply climbing a mountain or walking through a Pokemon infested Lab.

JPW0nder
September 7th, 2009, 10:57 PM
i usually catch articuno in less than 10 and then zapdos plus moltres take like 30 each.

s0nido
September 8th, 2009, 01:00 AM
Wait, nooo...I was supposed to pick Zapdos for the hardest Legendary bird, since Articuno is actually pretty easy. Zapdos always forces me to use a Master Ball, since I always attempt to capture him earlier on in the game.

Pikachukid
September 8th, 2009, 07:48 AM
It took me forever to reach him and catch him. Then Moltres was the next hardest to catch. Zapdos is always so easy to catch. I just paralyzed him and got his hp down real low and threw like ten ultraballs and five great balls before I finally caught him with a pokeball (I forgot to go to the Pokemart and I used most of my Ultraballs going in an electabuzz and pikachu catching frenzy, and then when I saw Zapdos I was like "Aw crap!" I thought I would have to restart a lot of times but I managed to catch him :D)

Tudj
September 8th, 2009, 12:40 PM
I found Zapdos was, he always had a type advantage on most of my pokemon, and it naturally took my longer.

19ob
September 8th, 2009, 02:59 PM
umm I think Articuno was the most difficult or the 3 birds to get, and even worse in FR/LG but the puzzle was easier

ShivaDF
September 8th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Hmm. First runthrough of the game? Moltres. I had to catch it with a Masterball like an idiot.
Second run... Arcticuno was HELL for me. Probably because I was frustrated from trying to reach it.

Demigod
September 11th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Probably Articuno, i caught Zapdos with a pokeball back in the days

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty
September 11th, 2009, 10:57 AM
I always caught all of them quite easily. It was MewTwo I had the trouble with, as I used the Master Ball to catch...it was a mediocre Pokémon I really wanted in the Safari Zone, but I can't remember who it was now. A Pokémon I really wanted :] It was Zapdos I was most anxious about, though - I love Zapdos the best out of all of the legendaries. ♥

Nyjil da Kid
September 11th, 2009, 11:31 AM
AAAAARRRGGGHHHHH! This brings back some terrible memories...On LG, I spent hours trying to catch Moltres...it just kept popping out! I hated it! One fateful day, I was borrowing my friends SP, and I couldn't take it anymore. I bashed the screen and went "OH ****!!!" I hated Moltres ever since then...

Hassamu
September 11th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Articuno definately.
I remember on my first play-through of Pokemon Blue I couldn't catch it and ended up fainting it without saving before the battle.. =[

bit.trip void
September 11th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Ugh, Arcticuno took me ages, I eventually just killed it. D;

.Busou Kihaku.
September 11th, 2009, 01:33 PM
I'm a nub, the only i managed to catch was Zapdos.

Somehow Articuno manages to pwn me all day, resulting in lack of monney to buy Ultra Balls.

c3rad
September 12th, 2009, 06:54 PM
I've always had trouble with good ol' Articuno.

It always takes me a few tries to capture him.

And I notice this reoccurring trend that whenever I try to capture him it I do it late at night when I'm more likely to get frustrated and just quit so I can go to sleep.

DestinyBender
September 13th, 2009, 03:20 AM
Possibly.... Articuno? I know y'all think that was the easiest :D

Heh... It cost me 10 000 buckaroons to catch this fothermucker.

Moltres was child's play.

Zapdos, was like picking up a fallen hair. Tricky, but not hard.

~DB

Kazukii
September 13th, 2009, 03:30 AM
Definitely Articuno. A very stubborn Pokemon.

Obedience
September 13th, 2009, 05:03 AM
Articuno, like a million billion pokeballs XD

Sydian
September 13th, 2009, 05:13 AM
Articuno was hard to catch, especially after wandering around in a cave.

Caelus
September 13th, 2009, 06:50 AM
Like some of you I found Articuno to be the hardest. D:
It takes about 50-70 Pokeballs and by then I have to get more for Moltres (Whom I usually get next).

IcyArceusRider
September 13th, 2009, 10:29 AM
I've actually played through LeafGreen version recently. The hardest for me was Moltres, it gave me soooo much trouble! I almost never caught it--I know it took at least 40 Ultra Balls...and I kept knocking it out or it would knock itself out (because of confusion) and I'd have to start over. I had to start over about three times with that one.

DeeJayFusion
September 15th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Moltres took me four restarts, while I had 58 Ultra Balls

WolfWrath
September 15th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Zapdos is the hardest legendary bird for me. Articuno is easy for me and Moltres, I just bring a Ninetales. But Zappy...it usually takes me 70 ultra balls >_> I once caught all three of them in pokeballs once, my friend dared me to...... the torture ._.

Droidz
September 16th, 2009, 01:41 AM
I thought Articuno was the easiest haha, I guess because i was lucky. But zapdos was just a pain in the ass.

Owz
September 20th, 2009, 05:31 AM
well i just finished the game and i had a hard time with Moltres. like every one else Zapdos was very easy and Articuno was about a 15 Ultraball catch but i had to reload my save 3 times to get Moltres i KOed it the first time then it KOed it self by running out of PP ( i used over 80 Ultraballs) then on the last try i got it with in 30 Ultras

KingdomBlade
September 20th, 2009, 05:45 AM
All were pretty easy, Moltres took long though. Since I had a Pokemon that had Hypnosis then. (I think it was Hypno?)

Then, attack, spam Ultra Balls. It wasn't hard, just took a while.

Moltres111
September 22nd, 2009, 07:00 AM
Yeah, I see most people chose Articuno. I always hate trying to catch it too - It just keeps getting out lol

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
September 23rd, 2009, 01:28 PM
Articuno was a bit tougher, though nothing major. For Zapdos, since all it has is Drill Peck, you really don't have to worry about taking too much damage while you try to catch it. It also caught after fewer Pokeballs.

As for Moltres, if you can nail it hard when it uses Endure, just inflict a stat condition and it's cake.

UltimaWeapon
September 23rd, 2009, 02:30 PM
They were all pretty hard to catch.

But I'd say Articuno was harder than the others.

Pokeyomom
September 23rd, 2009, 02:33 PM
Articuno. It was a cold fellow fer shur. Lol.

Hamako-chan
September 23rd, 2009, 11:27 PM
Personally I think they're all easy to catch, I caught them all within 10 ultra balls.
Overall, I had to use more balls on Moltres.

Jubilation
September 24th, 2009, 01:02 AM
Articuno, I had difficulty with all the different tide patterns.

560cool.
September 24th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Articuno...
tooke me one month to find it , then 2 days to get it !
All others , just 5 mins of play !!

Sgt Shock
September 24th, 2009, 08:06 AM
For some reason, Zapdos did not want to come with me no matter what. I think I ran through about half of my ultra balls at the time and when I gave up with my last one I caught him. >_> Its because I wanted it the most.

Crazystars
September 24th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Seeing as the legendary dogs and probably birds are a given, lets place them aside.Sneasal and Larvitar were a royal pain in the backside to catch. Larvitar was worth it though. And the hours of training.

FaWa
September 24th, 2009, 01:05 PM
1. Zapdos: I dunno, it just took 60+ pokeballs
2. Moltres: Hard, but not that hard.
3. Articuno: I had a pretty easy time with it.

Ruphire
September 24th, 2009, 01:18 PM
The hardest one to catch for me was Zapdos.

It was a PAIN!

Pikachu2007
September 24th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Articuno was the toughest for me. Once, it took over 70 Ultra Balls to catch the jerk of a bird Pokemon. I even had to restart once because I ran out of Ultra Balls! X(

Sasuke.
September 24th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Articuno. Like always. -___-; Stupid Ice bird.

Gleam Noiyam
September 24th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Articuno, was the hardest. It took me at least 20 soft resets to catch it, which means over 100 great balls!
Moltres was easy, that is who I used a Master ball on..
Zapdos comes in second because, it took me 30 great balls to catch it.

20 soft resets + 20 balls each time = 100 or more balls used on Articuno.

Destiny Bond
September 26th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Definately agree with you there. I remember when I use to play the game with a passion and regularly, it always annoyed me at how difficult it was to catch Articuno.
What? You serious? I caught Articuno so quickly! For Zapdos it went like this: Crobat used mean look. I throw and ultra ball, no shake at all, I throw another ultra ball, no shake at all, I throw and ultra ball, no shake at all,I throw and ultra ball, one shake at all.

Aeroblast.
September 26th, 2009, 11:25 PM
No.. i think Zaptos was Hard

Fire Wolf
September 30th, 2009, 03:07 AM
Articuno - 4 Ultra Balls.. The easiest.
Zapdos - 9 Ultra Balls.. Just fine
Moltres - 24 Great Balls and 48 Ultra Balls... Doesn't the ball-catch-rate go up like a rocket? Eventually caught with Ultra Ball.

Orlando
September 30th, 2009, 03:32 PM
ZAPDOS [PERIOD] I saved before battling it and it took me 3 restarts to catch the dang thing! Either my pokemon got owned or most of the time, I ran out of great and ultra balls!

Tyranitar.
October 1st, 2009, 05:48 PM
The hardest for me is Zapdos. e.e; Not that my team was weak. But it was because I was trying to catch every legendary with pokemon. Only Suicuine and Zapdos I didn't catch with Pokeballs. Moltres was the easiest. Articuno the hardest to keep alive >_O. Mewtwo way too easy. =d

gogoejoe
October 5th, 2009, 03:31 AM
WEAK POKEMON + ENDEAVOR is the best way to catch one!! trust me ^___^ ... Catching the legendary birds are easy. You can catch them with a regular pokeball.Once you have beaten the pokemon league,and have receive the national dex

Ryu-kun
October 5th, 2009, 03:54 AM
That darn Zapdos took me forever to catch! It didn't had that good attacks, but it was generally just a pain in the butt, as it took like 200 ultra balls to catch (If my all tries were to count together). Then was Moltres, had to try a couple of times. Articuno was caught with the second Ultra ball i threw at it.

Panfisha
October 5th, 2009, 11:54 AM
In leaf green, Articuno was the hardest for me, as I encountered him first when my pokemon were of a lower level. But eventually he used up all his ice beams. It took me about 12 balls when I finally did, after about 20 restarts.
But Moltres is the easiest, as it knows endure. So that and hypnosis and 10 ultra balls.

Shiny Shaymin
October 5th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Hmm...
Articuno. It took me a while to catch him.

Moltres was cake. Zapdos... well was sorta hard, but not really.

Velvex the Øverlørd
October 5th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Zapdos is always easy, and I kind of remember Articuno being hard, but on my latest play-through of Pokemon Blue, I caught an Articuno in uno ultraball, no joke. So I put Moltres as the hardest.

Pikachu™
October 6th, 2009, 11:52 AM
It took about 20 Ultra Balls before I caught Articuno.

Armor Jellybean
October 6th, 2009, 12:04 PM
YUP ARTICUNO. THE REST WAS EASY FOR ME.. :)

Doppelgänger
October 6th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Probably Zapdos or Articuno.
Moltres was easy for me lol.

Shaymin&TorchicKeeper
October 8th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Zapdos took me 2 hours to catch. XD

Polizard
October 9th, 2009, 04:20 AM
Zapdos is killing my life OMG i have caught the others so easily i have Zapdos running around with one hp and asleep and i keep throwing ultra balls dusk Balls at night and quick balls and it never gets caught

Citrinin
October 10th, 2009, 06:07 PM
I found them to be of roughly equal difficulty, but if I had to choose, I'd probably say Zapdos was the hardest. :s

Joey_951
October 11th, 2009, 03:31 PM
zapdos its supposed to be the easyest but for me its harder

c3rad
October 11th, 2009, 06:03 PM
For me it's probably Moltres.

I tried and tried on my last play through to catch it, and it took me 6 or 7 times.

Zapdos took 2 or 3 I don't remember, I just killed it on accident once.

Articuno is the easiest for me. I caught with my second ultra ball today.

I literally used rock slide with Machamp and then used venusaur to put it to sleep. Two turns later it was mine.

Lockerz
October 12th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Well for me Zapdos is very easy to catch. However, I think Articuno is the most challenging one. Moltres is okay not to hard or to easy. Just in between.

Pyrax
October 16th, 2009, 09:53 AM
For me, Moltres was the hardest to catch.
It took me almost all of my ultra balls to catch it.

Greeeny
October 16th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Zapdos for me, just used up 55 ultra balls on him, Articuno / Moltres only took like 10-20.

Oka
October 16th, 2009, 01:27 PM
I'd say moltres was the hardest to catch...

Awesome.
October 16th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Moltres was the hardest to catch

Klofkac
October 23rd, 2009, 09:43 PM
I'd say moltres was the hardest to catch...
Huh?
Moltres: I had only 4 Poké Balls. * (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5251831&postcount=605)
Articuno: 7 Ultra balls
Zapdos: 13 Ultra balls

ScytherX
October 26th, 2009, 08:21 AM
same articuno i got so annoyed with him after 50 ultra balls i threw my master balls
Ranking of easiest----
Moltres- easiest
Zapdos- not hard but not easy
Articuno- Dont go there...

Nikorasu
October 29th, 2009, 11:29 PM
articuno was alot harder for some reason D:

siavenkat
October 30th, 2009, 08:17 AM
I remember when I use to play the game with a passion and regularly, it always annoyed me at how difficult it was to catch Articuno.

Prince_of_Light
October 30th, 2009, 08:50 AM
I always had massive difficulty with Moltres for some reason, lol. I never had to catch Articuno or Zapdos because I bought a second (used) Fire Red that had them both on it. XD

Q-Bone
October 30th, 2009, 09:11 AM
I just caught Zapdos again yesterday with two Ultra Balls.
I always find Moltres to be the hardest for some reason.

Feminine Cuttlefish
October 30th, 2009, 10:12 AM
For some reason I only remember attempting to catch Moltres, but I caught the others, but I just remember Moltres really well.

Me and my Blastoise, Pidgeot, and others climbing that trainer-filled mountain and spamming timer balls on the stunned avian fire creature.

leilukin
October 30th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Zapdos for me, because it will use Thunder Wave, and keep spamming Drill Peck on my Pokemon.

Protege
November 7th, 2009, 08:00 AM
I think I used a lot of Ultra Balls on Articuno (FR/LG). In Generation I, Zapdos gave me the most trouble. I ended up using the Master Ball to catch it, as I lost my patience. Mewtwo was quite easily caught with 2 or 3 Ultra Balls, though, as Mewtwo was frozen by Articuno's Ice Beam at the first shot.

XScizzorMaster
November 8th, 2009, 03:51 AM
Articuno. I caught Zapdos in a pokeball, and Moltres in a ultra ball and both I did on my first attempt. But Articuno it took me 20 attempts to catch it. 19 fails, 1 win. Some I just critical hit it, and some I ran out of balls. SO yeah.

AliceBlaze
November 8th, 2009, 06:29 AM
The one I found hardest was Articuno. Not only did it keep freezing my pokemon but it's also the hardest to get to because of pushing boulders into the water which I found very annoying.

theflucu
November 13th, 2009, 02:55 AM
I found capturing both Zapdos and Articuno pretty hard.

The Girl Once named Tracie
November 14th, 2009, 03:06 PM
I'd have to say Zapdos, actually! Maybe mine just hates me ):

Great tip for always catching legendaries! Get right up in front of them, and before you click A to start the battle, save the game. If you KO them, run out of balls, run out of pokemon, or one of them other 1,000,000,000+ reasons to not catch them, just turn off the power and start again (:

Also, hitting A+B at just the right second before a PLAIN pokeball (None of the nice expensive ones) will make it a masterball. It won't take on the pretty shape of it, but it will always catch any pokemon. Did this for Mewtoo, and it only took one ball when he was on full power (:

Naruto Uzumaki
November 15th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Articuno for me to. It wouldn't stay in the ball D:<

Arcta
November 17th, 2009, 11:51 AM
b.u.m.p just here to help people bump :)

Nintendork15
November 22nd, 2009, 04:54 AM
MOLTRES was the hardest the zapdos but articuno was a breeze (get it ice, breeze) drum roll

Vyro
November 22nd, 2009, 06:39 AM
MOLTRES was the hardest the zapdos but articuno was a breeze (get it ice, breeze) drum roll

wat

Zapdos was the hardest, moltres was the easiest.

Klofkac
November 22nd, 2009, 07:33 AM
Zapdos was the hardest, moltres was the easiest.
I agree 100 percent. Moltres likes me ^_^

Black_Lightning
November 26th, 2009, 05:43 AM
Articuno if you don't have extra Masterballs.

LMPVIII
November 26th, 2009, 06:38 AM
articuno is the hardest for me to catch. i also hate getting to it...

Swift!
November 26th, 2009, 07:54 AM
For me, the three of them weren't really that hard to catch. Granted it took me a few times each to finally get them, their wasn't one that stood out as being more difficult to catch than the others.

TrinityLimit
February 6th, 2010, 11:09 AM
acticuno was a pain in the butt....

The Doctor
February 6th, 2010, 11:21 AM
articuno is too annoying, zapdos and moltres was easy after i got their hp down

iLaxbe!
February 6th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Articuno and Zapdos were harder than Moltres.

Muffin™
February 6th, 2010, 09:16 PM
It took me over 4 hour to catch that damn Articuno...

J a s m i n e ©
February 6th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Zapdos pissed me off! It was the hardest to catch for me. I almost ran out of Ultra balls like 3 times. Good thing I saved the game before I battled it because I had to cut the game off and try and catch Zapdos over like 3 times. Articuno was second hardest and Moltres was the easy.

ViniMC
February 7th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Articuno. It's always the first one I go for (except when I soft reseted for Zapdos, and later for Moltres), when my Pokemon are generally on a medium level, and Ice is a strong offensive type. All that combined make it Cuno the hardest to catch for me.

Zapdos is simply awesome :D

Moltres is much easier than the former two, since it appears after the 7th gym (by when your Pokemon are much stronger), and you can grab a lucky Endure, leaving it at 1 HP for your catching pleasure.

BHwolfgang
February 11th, 2010, 10:39 PM
I actually find Moltres to be the harder one of the three. It took me a while to capture it with an Ultra Ball while the other two was fairly was fairly quick and easy.

I don't know about D/P/Pt, though. :-|

DGexe
February 11th, 2010, 10:55 PM
All of them. No, really, in my last playthrough of LG, Moltres was the toughie... but now it's like this time... all of them are really hard to catch. >:C *displeased* C'mon, get caught! I have a champion title to gain Pokédex to fill!

~Gary~
February 11th, 2010, 11:23 PM
all of em were easy. just a piece of cake

Machop
February 11th, 2010, 11:26 PM
I caught Moltres with my first ultra ball :D. But Articuno was hard - all my Pokemon were weak to ice.

Sydian
February 12th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Don't bump threads over a month old. kthxbai

Locked.