PDA

View Full Version : First Movie Manga?

Altered Bonk
October 10th, 2004, 10:53 AM
I read that Toshihiro Ono did a manga version of the first movie. Does anybody have information about it?

Imakuni?
October 10th, 2004, 11:37 AM
hmm... i havent heard about this. but this may be worth researching.

Altered Bonk
October 10th, 2004, 11:56 AM
I heard it from an interview he did for Animerica.

http://www.geocities.com/english_japanese/manga/manga-ToshihiroOno-interview.htm

That website has the whole interview, but here's part about the manga.

ANIMERICA: You did a manga adaptation of Pokmon: The First Movie. Were you working on this before the movie came out?

ONO: That movie came out in July of '98, and I received the scripts and continuity in April. I wrote the manga at the end of May.

ANIMERICA: You said you did a manga adaptation of the Pokmon movie. Were you working on this before the movie came out? How does your manga version compare to the finished film?

ONO: At first I was told to draw Mewtwos birth, which wasnt included in the movie, so I made a manga out of the first half of the movie, centering on the meeting of Mewtwo and the professor (until the part where Ash heads to Mewtwos island). But after that the anime staff wrote an original Birth of Mewtwo episode that was produced, so theres not much connection between the manga and the movie.