PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Loki
September 10th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Discuss anything related to the Signature of the Week competition here!

Remember to read the rules, and post only entries in the entry thread! All other discussion goes in here!
(Unless you happen to be in the voting thread, in which you can discuss your reasoning for voting for whoever you did there.)

Because the person who runs this competition changes so damn much, I am creating this new discussion thread so that it doesn't look weird.

Notable Past Hosts:

Punk Rocker
Color Me Evil
Counterfeit

Current Host(ess): Angela

THIRTY-SIX
September 10th, 2009, 09:57 PM
I think I did the best hosting, but I stopped because I got bored of it. Yea notable i know :p

Cherry.
September 11th, 2009, 12:20 AM
Can i ask? When will the entries of SOTW # 65 end? 1 Week? or 4 days? ^.^

Angela
September 11th, 2009, 12:47 AM
Can i ask? When will the entries of SOTW # 65 end? 1 Week? or 4 days? ^.^
It ends on Monday.. ^^

So I guess in 3-4 days.. :D

Comic Tragedy
September 11th, 2009, 02:45 AM
I'm gunna make an entry for #65, you know jump on the bandwagon. xD
But, I'm so cramped on school work I'm gunna wait till the weekend.

Counterfeit
September 11th, 2009, 03:04 AM
[css-div="text-decoration: line-through;"]I'm notable. 83[/css-div]
Monday is it? I'll see if I can whip out a last-minute entry. xD;

Angela
September 14th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Ok... :D

Now to put up the poll and PM Cherri I think it was... :D

Counterfeit
September 14th, 2009, 12:53 PM
[css-div="padding-top:2ch;padding-right:1ch;float:right;"]http://www.jetrix.co.uk/screens/slowbro.png[/css-div]Wtf, stop dressing up SoTW like a drag queen.

Also, cold?

wut.

Barney.
September 14th, 2009, 12:56 PM
You really should've sent the PM before.

Angela
September 14th, 2009, 01:00 PM
You really should've sent the PM before.

Yeah really should.. That's why I made the poll open for 4 days.. So that I could contact next weeks winners in time.. ^^

Anyway.... I'm thinking off an SOTW banner.. You know a header.... We could even make it the theme of one week and the winner of that week would get the prize of their banner being used each week.. :D

THIRTY-SIX
September 14th, 2009, 01:04 PM
nooooo..... 7 days, the reason week is in the title. Dx
It roughly gives you 24 hours to get response usually. Dx

use default ish text for the information, type like that never looks attractive.

The prize is already a icon thing.

Angela
September 14th, 2009, 01:07 PM
nooooo..... 7 days, the reason week is in the title. Dx
It roughly gives you 24 hours to get response usually. Dx

use default ish text for the information, type like that never looks attractive.

The prize is already a icon thing.

A icon thing.. Do I have to PM someone or is there already someone that pm's someone to give this.. :D

Ok I'll changes the font and edit the text a bit.. :)

Counterfeit
September 14th, 2009, 01:08 PM
[css-div="padding-top:2ch;padding-right:1ch;float:right;"]http://www.jetrix.co.uk/screens/slowbro.png[/css-div]omgwtfangelafail ;;

Week = 7 days

Prize = We already get an emblem, why don't you know this?

Also, for he third week in a row public poll option wasn't enabled.....

abnegation
September 14th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Eww at the thread. Pleaser revert to the old layout!
It also should be a public poll as one of the rules can be evaded =/

THIRTY-SIX
September 14th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Erm, the staff give the emblem out...

Also jo you sound like a dick complaining too much, I know ironic.

Comic Tragedy
September 14th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Agreed.

Munna, Abnegation, and Joe pretty much say it all. So, yea.

Angela
September 14th, 2009, 01:21 PM
[css-div="padding-top:2ch;padding-right:1ch;float:right;"]http://www.jetrix.co.uk/screens/slowbro.png[/css-div]omgwtfangelafail ;;

Week = 7 days

Prize = We already get an emblem, why don't you know this?

Also, for he third week in a row public poll option wasn't enabled.....

I don't really know.. I remember Gummy having a emblem like that...

Wait.. I'm not used to adding poll's to posts... What did I do wrong is there some box I left out?

Public poll option?

Erm, the staff give the emblem out...

Also jo you sound like a dick complaining too much, I know ironic.

I see...

Anyway I edited the first post.. You can all breath easier now... Excuse me for trying to brighten it up a bit... But I see now that going out of a curtain box makes some of you... Feel bad....

Anyway.. What I believe in is free expression not formal expression.. You guys should already know that.. I'm not a very formal person.. I much more a noob... :Þ

EDIT... 7 days to vote is that the standard...?

If so then Loki can edit in 3 more days... :)

THIRTY-SIX
September 14th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Best to leave this weeks the way it is. And improve next week...

Also yea there is a tick box option.

abnegation
September 15th, 2009, 03:47 AM
I'm sorry but where did Cherry. spring 20 votes from?
Some how I think there's been a little cheating. It might be bold to say but only a few people have commented on SOTW and next thing a member has 20 votes over night? Also it seems a little odd to me that she also have 15 or 16 accounts. I'm sorry but it's a little unfair to see that. This is why we should have an open poll.
It's things like this that make me refrain from entering.

Cherry.
September 15th, 2009, 03:49 AM
Well let an Admin check it out if you want too. =), Because i know I'm not cheating. ^__^

And it's only 19. Not 20. I accidentally voted for myself. >.<. Sorry about that. XD;;.

abnegation
September 15th, 2009, 03:55 AM
Well still, you can't ask people to vote for you either.
I'm saying this on the basis that no one has ever gotten that many votes so fast as well as the fact that your signature isn't the best. Not to mention the fact that there is only a few comments on the thread. Now, if everyone commented I wouln't be so annoyed. At least then we'd know the member behind the mask.

Cherry.
September 15th, 2009, 03:56 AM
I asked Went to check it. So let's wait for his reply. =)

Mukkamoto
September 15th, 2009, 03:56 AM
Well let an Admin check it out if you want too. =), Because i know I'm not cheating. ^__^

And it's only 19. Not 20. I accidentally voted for myself. >.<. Sorry about that. XD;;.

It's best that you get that clarified before you get disqualified.

abnegation
September 15th, 2009, 03:58 AM
Also you voted for yourself?
I mean there are very few rules in SOTW and you managed to bypass it? I think maybe you wanted to see how many votes you had.

Mukkamoto
September 15th, 2009, 04:01 AM
I'm sorry but where did Cherry. spring 20 votes from?
Some how I think there's been a little cheating. It might be bold to say but only a few people have commented on SOTW and next thing a member has 20 votes over night? Also it seems a little odd to me that she also have 15 or 16 accounts. I'm sorry but it's a little unfair to see that. This is why we should have an open poll.
It's things like this that make me refrain from entering.

You shouldn't jump to conclusions this quickly.
I used to come visit G&P and go to the SotW voting, vote on the poll and leave without a comment.

It would have been best ask before accusing someone of thing they have done, or not done.

Cherry.
September 15th, 2009, 04:02 AM
When i first clicked the thread. I voted for myself. Now when i scrolled it down. I saw the second rule " Do not Vote For Yourself "
That's all what i did. End! :X

abnegation
September 15th, 2009, 04:03 AM
Well anyway I would also like to point out that Cherry.'s entry breaks sig limits.
I jumped to conclusions because this isn't the first time she's done something like this.
Here is the sig: 526x310
http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab284/Candace-Chan/lp2-1.png

Mukkamoto
September 15th, 2009, 04:07 AM
Well anyway I would also like to point out that Cherry.'s entry breaks sig limits.
I jumped to conclusions because this isn't the first time she's done something like this.
Here is the sig: 526x310
http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab284/Candace-Chan/lp2-1.png

Was there a limit from the beginning? I suppose Angela should make it clear in the submission thread then i suppose. Or when posting the Poll should have taken it out as it didn't meet the requirements.

Cherry.
September 15th, 2009, 04:07 AM
500x300 Rule is not stated: ( And it's my first time to join in this contest so I'm not familiar with it )

Limit: one entry per person.
Your entry must be relevant to the current theme. Myself, and other members of the graphics community will be the judge of how well your entry relates, if ever it's relevancy should come into question.
You may edit your banners once you submit them.
You may not enter if you chose the theme.
All entries must be made during the SoTW time period. Previously made banners will be disqualified.

abnegation
September 15th, 2009, 04:08 AM
Well I'm just assuming there should be as this is Signature of the week after all and if it can't be used as a signature what's the point?
You might as well enter a wallpaper.

Mukkamoto
September 15th, 2009, 04:10 AM
Well I'm just assuming there should be as this is Signature of the week after all and if it can't be used as a signature what's the point?
You might as well enter a wallpaper.

You do have a point there.
As i said maybe this should be stated in the rules to make it easier for those who enter it the first time see it.

Cherry.
September 15th, 2009, 04:10 AM
As for me it's pretty obvious. " Signature is different from Wallpaper "

abnegation
September 15th, 2009, 04:14 AM
Yeah it is but you've just ignored my point.
Your sig might as well be a wallpaper.
Anyway, I have proof that you've asked people.

Cherry.
September 15th, 2009, 04:16 AM
My sig is not a wallpaper. >.< . And go on.

abnegation
September 15th, 2009, 04:17 AM
I know it is not but you might as well try putting a wallpaper in your sig as it is still breaking sig limits!
Well someone told me you asked them to vote for you.
You also voted for yourself.
Your signature breaks sig limits.
And it's not even that good compared to some of the others.

Cherry.
September 15th, 2009, 04:21 AM
Okay. If you want me to be disqualified in this contest. Then fine. I'm disqualified.

But remember, The decision still depends on the staff members and the hostess.

abnegation
September 15th, 2009, 04:26 AM
No. I dislike cheating & dishonesty when it comes to others puttingin a lot more effort than you have.

Anyway, well done trying to cheat your way into SOTW, I hope you're proud.

Zet
September 15th, 2009, 04:28 AM
Sorry to say people, but it looks like Cherry. never made her entry, she really just removed most of the original image
http://tineye.com/search/a64e503ebc57a5b82242f74f2d042be0e91b78ab

Cherry.
September 15th, 2009, 04:30 AM
Sorry but it's not stated on the rules.

Limit: one entry per person.
Your entry must be relevant to the current theme. Myself, and other members of the graphics community will be the judge of how well your entry relates, if ever it's relevancy should come into question.
You may edit your banners once you submit them.
All entries must be made during the SoTW time period. Previously made banners will be disqualified

abnegation
September 15th, 2009, 04:34 AM
Also what is this implying? This is the PM that was sent to alol of Fairytales' Cherr.'s voters

Vote here. It needs more voters! =))
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=5119006#post5119006

I'm one of them. Choose the best one 'kay? ^__^,

Make your own minds up. I'm done.

Zet
September 15th, 2009, 04:34 AM
I didn't know entering someone's work and claiming it as yours was allowed

Cherry.
September 15th, 2009, 04:37 AM
You two are using both threads. All of your post was just the same. ( My reply to both of them is in the other thread )

abnegation
September 15th, 2009, 04:38 AM
And also, I said implying Cherry. Try to read my post and don't go off on a tangent about me saying that you directly asked. That PM is as bad as asking.

Edit*

Did you not see that we moved them? Or are you ignoring that also?

Cherry.
September 15th, 2009, 04:40 AM
Here's it my reply on the other thread also gonna post it here:

Can't you see it Abnegation? " I'm one of them, Choose the best one 'kay?
Take a look at the sentence. " CHOOSE THE BEST ONE " - Means choose the one that deserves to win.
And as for the image. I edited some of it. All of the banners entered here are edited.
It's just the same. And it's never stated in the rules.

EDIT: And for your information. You deleted your post there when i posted it here. Okay? :)

Zet
September 15th, 2009, 04:42 AM
Everyone else added their own thing to their image they used, all you did was remove most of the image

abnegation
September 15th, 2009, 04:43 AM
Yeah I seen that, and my reply is above you.
I like the way you ignore & bypass every point made.
Anyway, I've made my points time and time again.
I don't mean to be rude but seriously, have respect for other people's talent.
Take some tutorials and enter honestly and hope that you might win.
Next week, public poll, please Angela. Thank you.

Cherry.
September 15th, 2009, 04:43 AM
I'm so surprised that you didn't even see what i edited. Oh well. It's your problem not mine.

Angela
September 15th, 2009, 04:45 AM

Oh sweety.. You voted for yourself.. So not cool...

Anyway if you already haven't then I'll get someone to edit your vote...

So have you gotten someone to take back your vote?

Chill Abnegation.. I mean it's just SOTW and out of all the banners I think Cherry's sticks out.. So when members with no graphic experience see the banner they thinks it's the best... Seeing they are not looking for a focal or cool pen tooling or a rip your brains out flow.... :D

So it's completely understandable her getting all those votes.. :D

It's a simple uber cool render with some lovely effects...

Also if Cherry is cheating then a S-Mod (Loki) or a admin will check into it, no need to make a fuz in here only to point fingers without a prove....

FYI I'll remember to check the public box next time.. ;D

Tho I'm pretty sure that someone can do it for me.. I mean polls can be edited...

I'll get on getting someone to make the poll public after school.. :D

abnegation
September 15th, 2009, 04:47 AM
I'm so suprised that you STILL didn't see the fact that I had posted.
The fact that you edited makes no difference. You edited while I posted post #46.
Anyway, I'd rather not keep doing this. You've cheated, and you hold no respect fo the other BETTER entries. You plagiarised someone's work to and extent and broke sig limits.
If you haven't broke the rules, you certainly at least should be ashamed.

Edit:
Also Angela "SOTW and out of all the banners I think Cherry's sticks out"
Did you even see this (http://tineye.com/search/a64e503ebc57a5b82242f74f2d042be0e91b78ab)?

Cherry.
September 15th, 2009, 04:47 AM
By the way. Please clarify the rules. Thank you. ^__^

Edit: I shouldn't be ashamed. It's because i answered all of your questions properly with full of respect and manner. I'm not angry at all. =)

Angela
September 15th, 2009, 04:53 AM
I'm so suprised that you STILL didn't see the fact that I had posted.
The fact that you edited makes no difference. You edited while I posted post #46.
Anyway, I'd rather not keep doing this. You've cheated, and you hold no respect fo the other BETTER entries. You plagiarised someone's work to and extent and broke sig limits.
If you haven't broke the rules, you certainly at least should be ashamed.

Edit:
Also Angela "SOTW and out of all the banners I think Cherry's sticks out"
Did you even see this (http://tineye.com/search/a64e503ebc57a5b82242f74f2d042be0e91b78ab)?

No actually I did not.. Cherry sweetie that's art theft.. ;; You only took out the text...

Wow now that I read the 2nd pages.. I only saw the 1st one.... Guess.. Let's just stop posting seeing as we don't wanna flame.. And let's get Loki on this...

Anyway.. The sig limits... I'm gonna have to think about that one.. I like the one that says we should follow the PC limit...

Cherry.
September 15th, 2009, 04:55 AM
Angela. Can't you see that i edited the color? the original was lighter mine was darker.

EDIT: Abnegation. I can't believe you got the Critic's Eye Emblem without noticing the colors. =/

Zet
September 15th, 2009, 04:56 AM
actually the one I found is darker, yours is the one that is lighter

Cherry.
September 15th, 2009, 04:57 AM
Oh well whatever color is it. Because i know that i edited it as what as i have said at the 2nd thread.

Went
September 15th, 2009, 06:41 AM
By the way: there is no option to make polls public, only the thread creator can do that.

Unless that's an admin-only option, something I think is really unlikely.

hashtag
September 15th, 2009, 07:15 AM
Can I say something to Fairytales? Even though it doesn't say you can't steal in the sotw thread. It says it in the global forum rules, you cannot steal artwork. If you do its a permanent infraction, and I think those points will ban you again, so you should probably withdraw :D

Cherry.
September 15th, 2009, 07:32 AM
I didn't steal it. I edited the some of it. =). But still maybe some of you may think that i stole it. But meh.

I don't want any arguments and problems here so i'll withdraw. ^__^. Angela no need to worries. Continue the SOTW. :D

And for Alice. Thanks for replying, remiding and explaining it politely. XD;;. ( Just a little reminder for Abnegation. I'm not afraid to be banned remember that Abnegation!, I'm not angry with you but I know you'll think that I'm afraid to be banned. I just know how to respect someone )

abnegation
September 15th, 2009, 07:41 AM
"( Just a little reminder for Abnegation. I'm not afraid to be banned remember that Abnegation!, I'm not angry with you but I know you'll think that I'm afraid to be banned. I just know how to respect someone )"

What?
This is signature of the week honey, I couldn't care less about banning. Please stop raising points in which I have not touched on as well as points which have little or no relelvance to SOTW. I posted and complained because I knew that you had broken rules. Simple as. Live with it and stop being such a child about everything. Frankly you are being immature by carrying it on. Suck up your pride for once. As for respect, I don't think you can ever talk about who has and who hasn't got yours after this little stunt. You need to gain respect to give it my friend, and no one on PC respects cheating.

Cherry.
September 15th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Complaining or being Angry?. =)

And for your information. I didn't cheat. Take a look at the differences between the two image Mr. Criticism. :P

abnegation
September 15th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Complaining or being Angry?. =)

And for your information. I didn't cheat. Take a look at the differences between the two image Mr. Criticism. :P

Complaining. To be frank I couldn't get angry over something so pointless. The only reason you think I am angry is because I've been blunt and to the point. You act like I'm th only one who gave out about you breaking the rules, when in fact I most certainly am not.
And Also I can't believe that you've had the nerve to judge me based on an emblem that I have recieved. I seen the differences. I wasn't impressed. They were a lot worse than all the other entries. Even Ezzo's most likely took more time than yours & all he did was bucket fill. Now I'd rather I didn't have to keep on this discussion as it isn't fair to other member. I've tried to end it several times but you keepm bringing me back up. If you really want to continue it then Pm me or something.
All you're trying to do is look like the good guy by saying "oh I'm not mad, you're the one getting angry", but in fact, I haven't insulted you like you have me. I have stayed on the topic of SOTW yet you go off on some sort of tangent about how I want you banned? Which I have never mentioned in my life. And again I apologize to everyone else who has had to listen to this little arguement, so fairytales, you can discuss with me by other means. I dislike my post count to go up whilst conversing with you.

Cherry.
September 15th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Sorry but you insulted me a lot. Take a look at your previous posts! =)

abnegation
September 15th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Fine, ignore everything I say.
I'm done.
Good luck, I hope Joey wins.

Signomi
September 15th, 2009, 08:10 AM
...alright guys, this is getting a wee bit angry and a tad bit more personal now, I'd advise you both to drop it, this is really getting you no where. >_>

Angela
September 15th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Ok... Now that that's all over with.. This whole thing got me thinking...

As for this weeks competition thread... We were about to add the rule of Always linking to your stock.. I'm also thinking about adding the PC sig limit as the limit for the banners.. They can't go over that size.... Also I'm thinking about adding the no theft rule.. Even tho it's a forum rule... It's obvious that it needs to be underlined...

Ok then.. I'll go putting up the thread....

parallelzero
September 15th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Hey guys I added a photo filter to the Mona Lisa so now it's mine. <3

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/Daiaki711/Untitled-1-5.jpg

Counterfeit
September 15th, 2009, 11:58 AM
We've had a discussion about whether it's limited to 500x300px before, in the end we didn't bother with it and just said not to make the too huge. xD

Imo I don't think it should change, 500x300px can be a little restrictive sometimes.

THIRTY-SIX
September 15th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Seems I missed a fun day.

Mukkamoto
September 15th, 2009, 01:02 PM
We've had a discussion about whether it's limited to 500x300px before, in the end we didn't bother with it and just said not to make the too huge. xD

Imo I don't think it should change, 500x300px can be a little restrictive sometimes.

Thats what i thought, especially when it comes to making vertical ones.

Seems I missed a fun day.

You wouldn't want to be there. It wasn't fun at all.

Comic Tragedy
September 15th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Wow. Glad I missed that. And I agree with Joey and Mukkamoto. As long as the canvas isn't obviously out of the definition of a signature it should be okay. Right?

I lol'd

THIRTY-SIX
September 15th, 2009, 01:18 PM
I was merely suggesting this thread wouldn't have tripled in size, if I were on.

[/mebighead]

Angela
September 15th, 2009, 02:57 PM

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/Daiaki711/Untitled-1-5.jpg

Somehow I find it hard to laugh....

So I put the limit 500x300 for this week...

Wanna changes that for next week or is it ok if it stays like that?

Azonic
September 15th, 2009, 04:42 PM
I'm expecting a lot of Gaga entries. lol

THIRTY-SIX
September 15th, 2009, 10:28 PM
I'm not, The more of the same person gets used the less likely it'll get good votes.

Fanboy votes are lame.

Angela
September 16th, 2009, 02:05 AM
I'm thinking Fergie or something like that.. xD

Or a lot of bags.. :D

abnegation
September 16th, 2009, 02:08 AM
I'm expecting Marilyn Manson, he's got great fashion sense right?

THIRTY-SIX
September 16th, 2009, 02:13 AM
Actually yea he does. Fashion is in the eye of the beholder after all.

Love his work and style.

abnegation
September 16th, 2009, 02:15 AM
I think I'll enter with a Marilyn Manson tag then.
Provided we don't hve drama this week =/

THIRTY-SIX
September 16th, 2009, 10:51 AM
I gots my concept, blame mukkamoto, ct and abnegation for the inspiration. Just hope I have time to bother with creating it.

Comic Tragedy
September 16th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Yes, I co-inspired someone, highlight if my day for sure. xP
I've got no concept for this week.
Yarg. xD

abnegation
September 16th, 2009, 12:41 PM
I have a concept, If I can get ,my Photoshop to work I will enter.

Ezzo!
September 16th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Guys, don't forget to post your stocks.

I got an idea for this week. :D

Dukey
September 16th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Way too many rules for SOTW, Angela, seriously, please just go back to the old format, because some people don't like posting their stocks as some are 'rare' and pretty hard to find, or they might have 'bought' them in a way.

The reason I have that rule for Icontest, is so we can tell how much was actually done to the stock.

Comic Tragedy
September 16th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Well last sotw the whole problem was there was an entry that was simply recolored. I mean the stock was amazing, but because the majority of the people didn't recognize it I assume they beleived he drew it or made the effects in the stock himself or something.

I dunno, I don't like the rule to be honest either mostly because of my laziness. Despite this though it might prove to be a revealing rule. [/shiftyeyes]

Gummy
September 16th, 2009, 04:55 PM
In my opinion, the rule should have been added a long time ago. I'd be more inclined to vote for someone who made a bad stock look nice rather than someone who just made an already amazing stock look better. Also, there are those *coughmunnacough* who are more skilled in manipulations, and by posting the stock the voters are able to see just how much manipulation was done to the original stock.

Comic Tragedy
September 16th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Agreed. There might even be people who make that stock look worse! >.<

Dukey
September 16th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Regardless of that rule though, munna has posted his stocks for a while now anyway.
It should be optional, or just advised to post stocks?

Gummy
September 16th, 2009, 05:26 PM
I know, but munna was the first person that came to mind >.<;

It's really up to the host(ess) if the rule becomes optional/advised/required, but my loyalties lie to the third option. Of course for the first couple of weeks we'd let people who forget slide by, but if the rule passes you have to enforce it eventually.

THIRTY-SIX
September 16th, 2009, 10:25 PM
You guy need to read back a tad... it's become necessary..

Also:

Rules:

All entries must be made during the SoTW time period. Previously made banners will be disqualified.
Do not steal other peoples work and claim as your own.
Always leave a link to the stock or render you use.
There is no curtain size on the banners.. But it must not go over 500x300px.

Is that satisfactory?

Limit: one entry per person. -- Nobody enters two sigs anyway.
You may edit your banners once you submit them. -- Yea.

Angela
September 17th, 2009, 03:51 AM
I know, but munna was the first person that came to mind >.<;

It's really up to the host(ess) if the rule becomes optional/advised/required, but my loyalties lie to the third option. Of course for the first couple of weeks we'd let people who forget slide by, but if the rule passes you have to enforce it eventually.

The posting of the stock is required.. :)

You guy need to read back a tad... it's become necessary..

Also:

Rules:

Do not steal other peoples work and claim as your own.
Always leave a link to the stock or render you use.
There is no curtain size on the banners.. But it must not go over 500x300px.

Is that satisfactory?

Limit: one entry per person. -- Nobody enters two sigs anyway.
You may edit your banners once you submit them. -- Yea.

Yeah.. It's more then that... Thank you... *huggle*

Those are the rules that will be used for next week...

@Dukey... The rule for the stocks is staying.. As we don't want another last weeks fiasco... + I hope your happy now.. There will be fever rules next week....

Counterfeit
September 17th, 2009, 05:48 AM
The reason I have that rule for Icontest, is so we can tell how much was actually done to the stock.Why can't that apply here?

There shouldn't be any reason for not posting the stock, if like someone suggested earlier that you might have payed for the stock then just link to the websites sample of it.

Is the 500x300px limit really gonna be set for this week? I was hoping to do a vertical one. :<

abnegation
September 17th, 2009, 08:36 AM
To avoid plagiarism, I would most certainly support the rule of needing a stock
As for the 500x300 rule, I feel it makes sense however, I think it shouldn't matter too much. So perhaps we could be lienient with it.
(Spelling fail I know)

Also Angela?
"Duckey"? Lmao, I don't think Siggy would be too happy, or Dukey for that matter & *huggle*? Wow Munna I think she likes you.
That's my off topic edit for the day xD

Angela
September 17th, 2009, 08:56 AM
To avoid plagiarism, I would most certainly support the rule of needing a stock
As for the 500x300 rule, I feel it makes sense however, I think it shouldn't matter too much. So perhaps we could be lienient with it.
(Spelling fail I know)

Also Angela?
"Duckey"? Lmao, I don't think Siggy would be too happy, or Dukey for that matter & *huggle*? Wow Munna I think she likes you.
That's my off topic edit for the day xD

Oh lol.. I just saw what I did wrong... *fixed*

Sure... We can be lenient with the 500x300.. I mean if it goes slightly over it doesn't make the banner less a banner.... I huggle everyone I like.. :D *huggle*

THIRTY-SIX
September 17th, 2009, 09:52 AM
I think for verts a 300x450 is good?

Also changed my mind about the concept since too many stocks and effort also needs more joker. :p

Dukey
September 17th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Enter that sudowoodo thing.

Loki
September 17th, 2009, 03:07 PM
I agree with Dukey in terms of rarer stocks, which is why I never chose to propose this rule.
However, in this case, I recommend people doing what I do: Just cut out the part of the stock that was actually used in the tag.
It's harder for people to rip your rare stocks if you only give them 430 x 100 px of it.
And it still shows what you did to the stock, so if it matters that much to you, (like it does to me) then yeah.
There's your solution.

Angela
September 17th, 2009, 03:47 PM
I agree with Dukey in terms of rarer stocks, which is why I never chose to propose this rule.
However, in this case, I recommend people doing what I do: Just cut out the part of the stock that was actually used in the tag.
It's harder for people to rip your rare stocks if you only give them 430 x 100 px of it.
And it still shows what you did to the stock, so if it matters that much to you, (like it does to me) then yeah.
There's your solution.
That's a fabulous solution... Tho.. How would I put it in words for the first post? I mean how would I say it...

Azonic
September 17th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Cool, SOTW is actually getting entries. 8D;

THIRTY-SIX
September 17th, 2009, 10:27 PM
I'd still say leave it as post stock / render used.

Also my stocks are rarer than anyone elses. ;;

Those not posting stocks should be disqualified straight away, without warning.

Also rosa's is a bit big even for a vert. Looks like a small lp. ;;

Gummy
September 18th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Seems like we'll need to make a separate set of rules for vertical banners.

Also, vV, you forgot your stock.

Angela
September 18th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Ermm.. Cant we give people a chance.. I mean someone could PM them to post their stock.. I mean I'd be happy to do it.. It just seams so extreme to throw them out if they don't post the stock...

But if they refuse then maybe...

As for the ones that haven't posted stock this week.. I mean the rules are new maybe they didn't read the first post.. Maybe for next week we should add "Updated rules" into the title

What suggestion do you have for vertical banners Gummy...?

Counterfeit
September 18th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Ermm.. Cant we give people a chance.. I mean someone could PM them to post their stock.. I mean I'd be happy to do it.. It just seams so extreme to throw them out if they don't post the stock...

But if they refuse then maybe...

As for the ones that haven't posted stock this week.. I mean the rules are new maybe they didn't read the first post.. Maybe for next week we should add "Updated rules" into the title

What suggestion do you have for vertical banners Gummy...?PM them asking for the stock, if they don't reply in time then disqualify them.

Also, munna already suggested a size for verts: I think for verts a 300x450 is good?

THIRTY-SIX
September 18th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Not really extreme to be honest, they should know what to do before even considering entering.

Although I am cheesed off at the moment. Also I was ignored? Awesome.

Gummy
September 18th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Sorry that I missed that, munna. I have no problems with that size.

Angela
September 18th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Yeah it sounds good to me as well.. Fabulous job Munna... Sorry for not seeing it... ^^; *Huggle*

So I should send the PM's now... Or should Gummy do as he is the art mod?

Loki
September 18th, 2009, 06:02 PM
You send it.
You run this competition, not Gummy. xD

Not to mention this is Competitions, not G&P, so he's not a mod here to begin with.

Gummy
September 18th, 2009, 10:30 PM
You send it.

Not to mention this is Competitions, not G&P, so he's not a mod here to begin with.

Why you gotta be pointin' out my flaws? ;A;

Loki
September 18th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Why you gotta be pointin' out my flaws? ;A;

Because you're spamming the SotW discussion thread fool. D:<
Look professional! Do your job! Make me a sandwich!

Gummy
September 18th, 2009, 10:47 PM

Us art mods will overthrow your tranny. One day...
Anyways, to keep this on topic:

There is no curtain size on the banners.. But it must not go over 500x300.

Something tells me you meant "certain," and even then I feel like it could be worded better, especially now that we've defined the size for vertical banners.

The maximum size for horizontal banners is 500x300

Short, sweet and to the point. :)

abnegation
September 20th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Everyone bar myself, Munna, Dukey & .Raiden needs to post thier stock.
Ezzo, your link is broken.

Taziko
September 20th, 2009, 08:31 AM
SOTW looks like a really fun competiton to join. I'll start up my CS3 and get to banner makin'. I'm a bit rusty though so it might be bad.

Good luck you all the participants, make sure you all try your best.

Loki
September 20th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Lol I just read the first few pages of this discussion thread.

Is it sad that all this epic failure is actually causing the SotW to have more activity?
I think it's an overall lose on our part rofls.

Angela
September 20th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Lol I just read the first few pages of this discussion thread.

Is it sad that all this epic failure is actually causing the SotW to have more activity?
I think it's an overall lose on our part rofls.

Your point being?

Cant you just like delete those posts? But one at a time...

SOTW looks like a really fun competiton to join. I'll start up my CS3 and get to banner makin'. I'm a bit rusty though so it might be bad.

Good luck you all the participants, make sure you all try your best.
It sure is sweety... It doesn't matter if your a bit rusty.. What matters is that you tried.. :3

Us art mods will overthrow your tranny. One day...
Anyways, to keep this on topic:

Something tells me you meant "certain," and even then I feel like it could be worded better, especially now that we've defined the size for vertical banners.

Short, sweet and to the point. :)

Hey.. Loki isn't a tranny... ;;

Yes I like the way that looks.. :D

The maximum size for horizontal banners is 500x300 and the maximum size for Vertical banners is 300x450

But I made you a sandwich ;; *Has a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on a plate* It's made with luv (love)... <3

You send it.

Ok.. I'll send them now...

Loki
September 21st, 2009, 04:12 PM
Your point being?

Cant you just like delete those posts? But one at a time...

No I can't delete those posts. It's not like I go around deleting posts every which way without reason. :/
(Besides, they're amusing, and don't really break any rules per say. T'was my point.)
And I could delete them all at once if I wanted, but again, I don't go around whipping my delete powers like a lasso.

Gummy, I love how you mispelled tyranny and yet it came out so awesome. I'm a tranny to half this community anyway. In a weird, reverse-tranny sort of way.

Anyway, back on topic, you guys.
Seriously.

I love simplistic banners as much as the next person, but can we not just slap on gradient maps and change the layer effects and call it a day?
Can we not just eff with the hues and call it yours?
Can we actually put a little effort into these entries?

Jeebus. <_______<

Angela
September 21st, 2009, 04:39 PM
Here is darkest gales entry and stock....

http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2942&pictureid=33245http://www.iaza.com/work/090917C/...2973074968-iaza.png

I'm thinking no.. But what do you guys say...

I'll post the poll tomorrow ones I have this settled...

Azonic
September 22nd, 2009, 12:49 PM
Perversion wtf. o________o;; Is this appropriate lol?

abnegation
September 22nd, 2009, 12:51 PM
Depends on how you depict perversion, "perverted", would be a whole different thing however.

Gummy
September 22nd, 2009, 12:54 PM
It should be allowed as long as nothing too explicit is entered. Just use common sense, people.

Gummy, I love how you mispelled tyranny and yet it came out so awesome

brb hiding in shame

abnegation
September 22nd, 2009, 12:59 PM
The way in which I see it, perversion is a concept describing those types of human behavior that are perceived to be a serious deviation from what is considered to be orthodox or normal.

Azonic
September 22nd, 2009, 01:05 PM
Omg, I should do the perverted robot in Transformers 2. xD

Gummy
September 22nd, 2009, 01:07 PM
I've already got my concept down. Now will I actually finish it is a different story entirely. xD

Angela
September 22nd, 2009, 01:12 PM
I'm gonna make a Jiraiya banner.. xD

Comic Tragedy
September 24th, 2009, 02:34 PM
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn184/McDukey/pedobearsotw.png

I swear to god if anyone realizes i stole Tiny's style >: (http://www.ngv.vic.gov.au/toparts/vce2008/images/full/EXHI008952.jpg)
fixt.

Haha, Jiraiya banner is a good idea. I've got to think of something to make.

abnegation
September 24th, 2009, 02:46 PM
I'm rather stuck this week, I can't think of much to do, So I might do a little photography thing. I have a picture in mind. However I'm extremely busy this week, so I'll try get something in!
also I have photoshop back so I wont have a fail entry

Also, epic idea by Dukey xD

Dukey
September 25th, 2009, 07:53 PM
fixt.

Haha, Jiraiya banner is a good idea. I've got to think of something to make.

Hey, stfu, I just started using light soruces way too much XD
Even if I tried Tiny's style there's no wai.

Gummy
September 26th, 2009, 07:16 AM
Thanks a lot, guys. Now I actually have to make my entry look good. :<

abnegation
September 26th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Yeah I'm not going to enter this week.
You see, This is what I was gonna use but nooow... I can't do much to it but colour enhancements and some text smudging etc.
But here is my scrapped idea (mock up).

http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu99/IGavZI/Untitled-5-1.png

beauty. proletariat
September 28th, 2009, 06:03 AM
I'm going to suggest something for SOTW. That CSS be allowed in entries.

Either as a CSS-only signature, or one where it is used with a banner/s. Why? because PC signatures allow CSS in signatures and posts.

Gummy
September 28th, 2009, 07:10 AM
But CSS requires a knowledge that doesn't pertain to graphical art in any way. It's not even made in an art-based program. We ought to start calling this contest Tag of the Week, because that's all it really is.

Counterfeit
September 28th, 2009, 09:36 AM
But CSS requires a knowledge that doesn't pertain to graphical art in any way. It's not even made in an art-based program. We ought to start calling this contest Tag of the Week, because that's all it really is.All for this although I'd suggest Graphic of The Week, pertaining to the section more and a more general definition of the entries;

Very few of my entries have been 'tags'. xD

Loki
September 28th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Nay to the CSS, sorry. D:
You can imitate CSS in your tag, but CSS has nothing to do with image editing programs, and it'd be nice if we put our boundary there.

beauty. proletariat
September 28th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Its signature of the week. Not banner of the week D:

Even making a banner requires knowledge of how to use an image editing program.

CSS allows for aesthetically appealing-ness. That is basically all a signature is, appeal.

and see, the thing with copying CSS and actually using CSS is that using CSS gives different results and also allows for different end results. It allows for a quick change, for example, making an image lighter by decreasing opacity and placing a white color background.

Its easy to adapt to :/ New artists only have to look at what gives what result; css is easy to learn.

ddduuuukkeeeyyyy :O SEXY SEXY SEXY ORANGE DOTS :)

Angela
September 30th, 2009, 02:55 AM
Why don't we just call it banner of the week...

Anyway guys I'm gonna be posting the poll and PM'ing for the new theme after school today.. I've been rather busy and feeling crappy the past 2 days I didn't really feel like doing the BOTW... We can say it's personal but in case anyone is curious my uncle that wasn't even 40 was found dead in his home on Monday... They haven't found out how he died...

beauty. proletariat
September 30th, 2009, 03:08 AM
yes yes post it up now :D

edit: sorry. that was insensitive but my mum was staring at my bloody screen.
I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your uncle, and I'll happily take over the job for you temporarily if you want. If you'd like, I can send the PMs and make the voting thread now.

Angela
September 30th, 2009, 03:12 AM
No that's fine.. I'm thinking about skipping school... So I should be able to do it now...

beauty. proletariat
September 30th, 2009, 03:24 AM
okay. shame though :( I wanted to see that jiraya banner D:

Angela
September 30th, 2009, 03:30 AM
Yeah I was gonna make it.. Even had the stock ready... I'll just use it on another banner...

Dukey
September 30th, 2009, 01:23 PM
You can't just change the name of something that is used all over the internet.
Just leave it as SotW.

Gummy
September 30th, 2009, 01:35 PM
I agree with Dukey's point, plus it would just cause confusion to change the name now (heck, the emblem says SOTW). Also, Angela, if you ever wanna give up the hosting for SoTW I think it's best if I just give it to me. We've been switching hosts way to much and I think it's safe to say I'm not going anywhere soon.

Dukey
September 30th, 2009, 01:40 PM
I agree with Dukey's point, plus it would just cause confusion to change the name now (heck, the emblem says SOTW). Also, Angela, if you ever wanna give up the hosting for SoTW I think it's best if I just give it to me. We've been switching hosts way to much and I think it's safe to say I'm not going anywhere soon.

And funnily enough I'm going to have to agree with Gummy, I've got nothing against you or anything, but your formats etc are a bit of a mess.

Angela
September 30th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Seriously guys.. It's gonna take more then one death to make me give up that spot.. I've been hosting the BOTW for 36 weeks... I'm pretty much going for 100...

Anyway what makes this even more sad is the fact that I just found out he OD'ed... My mom doesn't think it was suicide.. She told me he would have left a note or something.. He was just to kind to leave his children like that... Tho he has been in and out of jail... Am I a monster for not having cried, just felt down..?

I mean that man was very kind to me and my siblings after my dad died..

Anyway I'm still waiting for the next theme...

Azonic
September 30th, 2009, 06:16 PM
It

is not

BOTW

it is
sotw

DDDD:<

If we're ever changing it, it will be cherii of the week, which I don't think will be happening for some unknown reason but anyways...

Sotw is just such a commonly used term, and we've been using it for the past 66. Don't ruin it. ;_; and Botw sounds just soooo weird.

Loki
September 30th, 2009, 06:38 PM
No Cherii, I think Angela was referring to some competition at.... that one forum.
I can't remember what it's called, but what they do doesn't concern me at all, so no it's not BotW and it won't be as long as I have a say in it.
And if someday I happen to leave, I promise I'll change it to Cherii of the Week last minute just for you. xD!

I understand your arguments about CSS beauty - they're very true. So I guess my answer is...

Still no.

I really don't see why we need to get our panties into a twist over the name of the competition just over something like whether we can add CSS or not.
Especially since I've already made my stance on it clear. <____<
It was a valiant effort however.

Dukey
September 30th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Don't go taking the term signature out of context alright?
There are many names for what some of you call banners for example tags, signatures etc. Different people have different names and opinions, and SotW is what it has been and will always be called alright? So deal with it.

Prof.Oak
October 1st, 2009, 04:32 AM
But first of all what we are doing arent Banners, so it cant be called BOTW. Banners are the graphics we used to put on the top of forums and websites, blogs , ect..

beauty. proletariat
October 1st, 2009, 05:59 AM
:/ Well as a signature of the week, I think we should not restrict the signatures at all!

we are not another forum; other forums dont allow CSS in their signatures. wasnt that the biggest arguement against spey; and now we're doing the exact opposite

Dukey
October 1st, 2009, 01:23 PM
No CSS, it'll ruin the whole foundation of this competition.

Gummy
October 1st, 2009, 01:45 PM
Just stop pushing these ideas. SoTW will never include CSS. SoTW will always be named SoTW. Consider these two statements as part of your GFX Constitution.

Angela
October 1st, 2009, 01:54 PM
Anyway wow.. I sent the PM when I added the poll.... If he doesn't reply by Saturday can I pick the theme?

Dukey
October 1st, 2009, 01:56 PM
Just make it Freestyle, because it seems to me everybody wants to just make something, then come back here and talk about how we can screw up PC's Graphics Section.

beauty. proletariat
October 1st, 2009, 02:00 PM
hey hey! thats not fair XD I remember when I didnt get to pick my theme cus i was a few days late ;_;

Angela
October 1st, 2009, 02:11 PM
hey hey! thats not fair XD I remember when I didnt get to pick my theme cus i was a few days late ;_;

Ok I'll give him a couple of more days.. But on Sunday then I either go with Dukey's idea or make a theme of my own...

Just make it Freestyle, because it seems to me everybody wants to just make something, then come back here and talk about how we can screw up PC's Graphics Section.

Free style... There is an idea..

But we're not in the graphic section... O.o

Gummy
October 1st, 2009, 02:13 PM
I believe it's time for a set limit on how long one can hold up SoTW. I think the default SoTW category should always be freestyle.

Loki
October 1st, 2009, 02:22 PM
Yeah, but it is fair, since that's a policy that applies to everyone who is late.

Dukey, as right as you are about our policies, you shouldn't go around telling people to 'deal'. Next time you won't get off with a slap on the wrist. :(
Especially since this isn't your first time.

And beauty. proletariat, let me define "no" for you:

No is an English/Old English word indicating rejection, disagreement, refusal or making a negative response or exclamation.

Spey is completely unrelated, and had absolutely nothing to do with me other than the fact that he was a very funny source of entertainment.
We are not another forum- but that doesn't mean we're here to strive to be as different as we can possibly be from all other forums.

Honestly, I hate wasting my time on this, but if you want to continue this fruitless discussion, then by all means, do.
I'm going to just tell you now though: You can run your argument all you want, but don't expect my decision to change at all, and don't expect me to waste time responding after this.

I personally am used to a one day cut-off. If you're not there to pick the theme, then boohoo, your loss. (Not that picking a theme is a huge honor or anything, which is why I miss my deadline all the time.)
But if you guys want to set a one or two day grace, that's fine with me.

By the way Angela, you know you have to PM me who wins each SotW, right?
I need to give them their emblems. <_____<

abnegation
October 1st, 2009, 02:25 PM
But we're not in the graphic section... O.o

Wait... I thought SOTW was a Graphics & Photography competition xD;

Angela
October 1st, 2009, 02:49 PM
By the way Angela, you know you have to PM me who wins each SotW, right?
I need to give them their emblems. <_____<

Omg I did no know that.. I'll get on it tomorrow.. :3 Good night everybody.. :3

Anyway guys talk about the limit while I go to sleep so we can have it sorted out.. I say 3 days at most...
Wtf why is my Loki <3's U emblem uploaded, but not the IotW emblem?
*goes to investigate*
I want one of those.. ;;

Loki
October 1st, 2009, 06:25 PM
Wait... I thought SOTW was a Graphics & Photography competition xD;

It is. oAo;

Competitions is just another forum to contain competitions for the entire Art Gallery.
Though on this note, it is still another forum that has it's own rules, so the only person who has any say as a staffer in this forum is me.
*shunts Gummy into the corner*

Gummy
October 1st, 2009, 06:32 PM
Think of Competitions as Loki's leash on me. Although muzzle is a more fitting term. ;o;

And to keep this on topic, I think three days is a nice round number before declaring theme as freestyle. My defense for making freestyle the default theme is that you can never really go wrong with it. It's better than risking the current host choosing something he/she likes, which might not appeal to the rest of the community.

moments.
October 1st, 2009, 06:49 PM
This conversation has sparked a question of mine.
Can the winner of SoTW choose for the theme to be Freestyle?

Gummy
October 1st, 2009, 07:08 PM
I'm pretty sure freestyle has been chosen more than once.

Dukey
October 1st, 2009, 09:58 PM
That unwritten rule shouldn't count for Freestyle since it's just a lazy persons way of deciding the theme XD

moments.
October 1st, 2009, 10:13 PM
Very true, I was just curious.

Angela
October 3rd, 2009, 11:38 AM
Think of Competitions as Loki's leash on me. Although muzzle is a more fitting term. ;o;

And to keep this on topic, I think three days is a nice round number before declaring theme as freestyle. My defense for making freestyle the default theme is that you can never really go wrong with it. It's better than risking the current host choosing something he/she likes, which might not appeal to the rest of the community.

I like this idea.. I'm gonna go with this idea tomorrow.. Or if anyone wants my input... I would use Death as a theme...

So Death or Freestyle for tomorrow?

Gummy
October 3rd, 2009, 11:52 AM
Like I said before, having the host choose themes runs the risk of people not being interested in the current theme. Freestyle is just the safest bet.

moments.
October 3rd, 2009, 05:18 PM
Agreed with Gummy, if the theme next week was Death, I doubt I'd enter, or I might reluctantly, but freestyle is the way to go.

Loki
October 4th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Loki's vote goes to Freestyle.

Dukey
October 4th, 2009, 12:11 PM
I think it's pretty much agreed that Freestyle is the default theme by now.

Aurafire
October 4th, 2009, 02:33 PM
I think I'm finally gonna do a SOTW since I have no requests and I'm itching to do something :<

So just to be clear, freestyle means anything goes, right? :O

Dukey
October 4th, 2009, 04:48 PM
I think I'm finally gonna do a SOTW since I have no requests and I'm itching to do something :<

So just to be clear, freestyle means anything goes, right? :O

Exactly, well as long as it's within the rules I guess XD

THIRTY-SIX
October 5th, 2009, 12:21 AM
I say let the winner decide.

Dukey
October 5th, 2009, 12:23 AM
The winner hasn't replied and we want to get on with the competition ;D

THIRTY-SIX
October 5th, 2009, 12:28 AM
Wouldn't the hoster decide then?

It would make things faster. Ehh either way death is what I'l be doing .

Dukey
October 5th, 2009, 12:29 AM
Peer pressure is obviously more fun.

THIRTY-SIX
October 5th, 2009, 12:30 AM
It's entertaining on the net.

Dukey
October 5th, 2009, 12:33 AM
Exactly, and even so Angela agreed to Freestyle anyway.

Aurafire
October 5th, 2009, 06:20 AM
I'm confused, I thought the theme was going to be freestyle, and now it's Macabre? >.<

Mika
October 5th, 2009, 07:27 AM
U-um this is my first time doing a SOTW thing, did i do something wrong? I didn't realize there was a discussion. XD;;

Gummy
October 5th, 2009, 11:29 AM
I'm confused, I thought the theme was going to be freestyle, and now it's Macabre? >.<

As Angela said in the thread, vV eventually replied to her yesterday. I imagine the theme would have been freestyle if a reply wasn't given by today.

U-um this is my first time doing a SOTW thing, did i do something wrong? I didn't realize there was a discussion. XD;;

No Mikachu, there's nothing wrong with your post. :3

And LEXAcide, your entry does not comply with the SOTW rules.

Dukey
October 5th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Lmao, turned out to be death anyway XD

I assume that Freestyle has become the default theme though?

THIRTY-SIX
October 15th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Entry thread is where now?

Counterfeit
October 15th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Angela decided it's not Signature The Week any more; Now it's Signature until Thursday instead.

Not quite as catchy imo.

THIRTY-SIX
October 15th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Still 67's winner should've gotten a pm/vm. Voting is a week long too, I don't quite understand Thursday.

Angela
October 15th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Entry thread is where now?

Not yet up... I'm still waiting on a explanation from Dukey.. :D
Still 67's winner should've gotten a pm/vm. Voting is a week long too, I don't quite understand Thursday.

Yeah.. Dukey got a VM.. He replied.. I just don't understand the theme.. In order for me to be able to explain I need to understand it first.. So yeah once Dukey replies to me I'll have the thread up.... :D

5 Days is 1 work week.. :þ

Azonic
October 17th, 2009, 05:22 PM
The maximum size for horizontal banners is 500x300 and the maximum size for Vertical banners is 300x450

What are the limits for the square theme? o3o

Gummy
October 17th, 2009, 05:33 PM
That's a good question. I think a good go-between would be 400x400.

Misheard Whisper
October 17th, 2009, 06:13 PM
I'm personally going for 300x300, to keep within PC limits.

And although you're just taking 100 pixels off one dimension and adding them to the other for 400x400, it actually makes it bigger. 300x500=150,000, but 400x400=160,000.

Dukey
October 17th, 2009, 06:50 PM
I was hoping that those limits would be removed for a theme like this, like when I temporarily changed the icontest limits to 80x80 for the emblem theme.

Angela
October 17th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Yes they are... I was just to lazy to edit... Will do it now...:3

Misheard Whisper
October 17th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Ooh, 600x600 . . . OK. That'll be fun. :3

Gazza
October 18th, 2009, 05:12 AM
First time back at PC in a while now and first time entering SOTW
i made a 300 x 300 that sucked so i hope 600 x 600 makes a difference.

not likely lol

THIRTY-SIX
October 18th, 2009, 08:45 AM
[css-div=width:1028px;height:1028px;background-color:e8efe9;]

[/css-div]

1028x1028.

Come on, I know you just wanted to enter with icon sized images. Why not lp sized instead? :/

Dukey
October 18th, 2009, 12:51 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of no restrictions, so then people could do LP's.

Ezzo!
October 18th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Then it wouldn't be SotW, it would be LAotW.

Zebra Thunderhead
October 18th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Poor Gazza, used the wrong form of "your" D:

Azonic
October 18th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Then it wouldn't be SotW, it would be LAotW.
:( Where is your imagination?

LPs would be a good alternate SOTW theme, maybe next week.

Gummy
October 18th, 2009, 04:44 PM
I'd like for LA or Wallpaper to be a theme in the future, but we're going to have to be a little flexible with the rules if we want that to happen.

Gazza
October 18th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Poor Gazza, used the wrong form of "your" D:

LQTM

ooops thanks for mentioning it
due to a lack of concentration i suppose

LEXAcide
October 18th, 2009, 08:47 PM
And LEXAcide, your entry does not comply with the SOTW rules.

There is no Stock or Render because I kind of made it up... just some glossy blood splatter and a font. just a little bit of editing and done. It's fine though.

Gummy
October 18th, 2009, 08:49 PM
I posted that when the size was still too large. :x

LEXAcide
October 18th, 2009, 08:51 PM
oh lol... I haven't been really active in the art department lately. Sorry I misunderstood lol.

Dukey
October 18th, 2009, 08:56 PM
I'd like for LA or Wallpaper to be a theme in the future, but we're going to have to be a little flexible with the rules if we want that to happen.

I was considering starting up a large art of the fornight [laotf] competition, with permission of course.

THIRTY-SIX
October 18th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Wow, you understood what I was trying to say, well done.

Also, Chérii rectangles are quadrilaterals too.

Misheard Whisper
October 28th, 2009, 09:08 AM
OMG OMG OMG YAAAAY!

I've been wanting to do an abstract sig for ages! :3

*is clearly looking forward to this week*

abnegation
October 29th, 2009, 08:19 PM
I'm not feeling my entry this week. Took me a good 2 hours but I've seen the other entries and they're great! It was good to get a nice theme this week though. Cant wait to see some of the other entries.

Counterfeit
October 30th, 2009, 02:52 AM
Why are people only including one of their stocks each time when they've blatantly used more? 0.o

the bitter end.
October 30th, 2009, 04:48 AM
Because that's how the world works.

Misheard Whisper
October 30th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Wait, when you say stocks, do you mean including C4Ds and so on? Or just, stock stocks?

Loki
October 30th, 2009, 01:47 PM
This gets into the technicalities of the fact that the images created in c4d are actually renders, and c4d is just the name of the program.

And also the fact that cuts/pngs are actually just as much of a stock as something that isn't transparent.

Seeing as PC kind of fails in that aspect though, I'm pretty sure you just need the stocks and not the c4d-generated renders.

[/is about 65% sure that's what you were asking about...?]

Misheard Whisper
October 30th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Yeah, well in my latest SOTW, I just used the tools that came with GIMP, plus a brushset I downloaded off dA (decided not to use a C4D render). I wouldn't need to link to the brushes, would I? I normally wouldn't ask, but they're kind of what the banner is built on.

Taziko
October 30th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Whoop, my first entry. Good luck to everyone. There sure are some sweet entries ths week!

Lady Gaga
October 30th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Is anybody up for a new contest?

Theme of the Week!

Misheard Whisper
October 30th, 2009, 04:57 PM
idk, we've already got IOTW and SOTW; do we really need one that's just putting them together?

Gummy
October 30th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Theme of the Week is a big no no. The fact is, most themes on PC are not made by the people using it, so you're basically being rewarded for someone else's work.

TLOSC8
October 30th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Stock or render? Probably a stupid question, but its important.

Misheard Whisper
October 30th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Stock or render? Probably a stupid question, but its important.
What do you mean? If you're referring to the rule that says you have to post your stock, then yes, I'm pretty sure renders count as stocks. Otherwise, idk what you're on about. XD

the bitter end.
October 31st, 2009, 07:27 AM
And my dreams are crushed by the Munna. TT.TT

THIRTY-SIX
October 31st, 2009, 07:45 AM
If we are going on about posting more than the focal, should I post the font used as well?

Also tbe. that's never going to happen. Not by munna anyway.

Loki
October 31st, 2009, 08:14 AM
Is anybody up for a new contest?

Theme of the Week!

Sorry, I didn't mean the SotW discussion thread, I meant the actual competition's Q&A/Discussion thread. :/
It's stickied.
I wasn't clear about that though, so we'll let this one go, since it was my fault. xD;

Angela
October 31st, 2009, 10:00 AM
Yeah, well in my latest SOTW, I just used the tools that came with GIMP, plus a brushset I downloaded off dA (decided not to use a C4D render). I wouldn't need to link to the brushes, would I? I normally wouldn't ask, but they're kind of what the banner is built on.

No sweety, you don't have to link to the brushes you use.. :3

Misheard Whisper
October 31st, 2009, 10:34 AM
Well, that's good then because I can't really remember where I got them from XD

TLOSC8
October 31st, 2009, 10:44 AM
What do you mean? If you're referring to the rule that says you have to post your stock, then yes, I'm pretty sure renders count as stocks. Otherwise, idk what you're on about. XD

What are stock and render?

Angela
October 31st, 2009, 10:46 AM
What are stock and render?

Those are the images used in the banner...

Like for my banner, Pink is a stock.. But the C4D's I used are also stocks...

Zebra Thunderhead
October 31st, 2009, 02:47 PM
A stock is an image you start with, like this one.

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/3494/cgyb5.jpg Also a generic name for any image you use in the making of a banner.

A render is what you get when you cut the focal out of something like the above image. In this case, you get this picture.

http://planetrenders.net/renders/albums/userpics/91647/lulouch2.png (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:%20window.close%28%29)Loads of good renders can be found here (http://planetrenders.net/renders/) to help you with making graphics.

Nope. no no nonononononononoonnoonononono.
A STOCK WILL NEVER BE A RENDER. GET THAT THROUGH YOUR SKULLS.

A RENDER is something that you RENDERize in a program such as C4D, Bryce. You probably also confuse renders with C4Ds. C4D IS A PROGRAM, NOT AN OBJECT YOU CREATE.

render:

http://xGh0s7x.deviantart.com/art/C4D-render-3-20066096

stock:

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/9329/ninaob2.png

get it? got it? good.

Misheard Whisper
October 31st, 2009, 02:51 PM
Now I'm even more confuzzled. 'cos when it says 'post your stock' in the SOTW rules, it seems to mean 'post your render'. So maybe renders are stocks, but not all stocks are renders?

Angela
October 31st, 2009, 02:53 PM
Now I'm even more confuzzled. 'cos when it says 'post your stock' in the SOTW rules, it seems to mean 'post your render'. So maybe renders are stocks, but not all stocks are renders?

I think colour me evil just explained it pretty well.. :3

She even gave examples.. :3

Zebra Thunderhead
October 31st, 2009, 02:54 PM
No, that's just people not using the right terminology.

Misheard Whisper
October 31st, 2009, 02:55 PM
OIC. That actually clears up a lot of confusion I had as to what I had to link to et al. Thank you.

Angela
October 31st, 2009, 02:58 PM
No, that's just people not using the right terminology.

I R be Icelandic I R cant use right terminology... *Cries* ;;

Mr. Epic
October 31st, 2009, 03:00 PM
I can't believe most members here are that confined to making tags with characters that when the theme abstract comes up, even for just one week, they can't refrain from using a stock of one.
It won't be hard for me to vote, if I do.

Angela
October 31st, 2009, 03:02 PM
We are using the WHOLE sens of Abstract. Usualy people who makes abstract is use of Smudging, C4d, texts or Brushes. But we allow renders... :þ

Zebra Thunderhead
October 31st, 2009, 03:05 PM
But we allow renders... :þ

oh ho ho, so funny.

when does this theme even end?

Angela
October 31st, 2009, 03:07 PM
oh ho ho, so funny.

when does this theme even end?

It will end 4th of November...

Misheard Whisper
October 31st, 2009, 03:13 PM
Yeah, using renders and so on in abstract banners seemed a bit funny to me as well . . . but I guess I'm not the one making the rules.
We are using the WHOLE sens of Abstract. Usualy people who makes abstract is use of Smudging, C4d, texts or Brushes. But we allow renders... :þ
don't you get that sort of thing in most banners, though?

Angela
October 31st, 2009, 03:18 PM
Yeah, using renders and so on in abstract banners seemed a bit funny to me as well . . . but I guess I'm not the one making the rules.

don't you get that sort of thing in most banners, though?

Yeah I guess you do.... Post number 2000

Misheard Whisper
October 31st, 2009, 03:23 PM
Hmm. I just decided to play it safe with my incredibly complex, fascinatingly abstract banner. *nod nod* XD

Almost 2000th post XDE

O+<

Mr. Epic
October 31st, 2009, 03:41 PM
The what sense? When you linked to this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abstract_art) definition of abstract you then decided to twist its meaning.

Angela
October 31st, 2009, 03:45 PM
No i just took what the person in my profile said was the short version of the definition.. :3

Misheard Whisper
October 31st, 2009, 03:50 PM
Maybe instead of linking to a widely interpretable source for the definition, you could state your understanding of that definition and set that as the parameters. Because we all obviously have different ideas of what the concept of 'abstract' means.

Angela
October 31st, 2009, 03:53 PM
But, I would rather listen to the person who picked the theme.. Why don't we all just get Let's Get Lost together to comment on this?

Misheard Whisper
October 31st, 2009, 03:54 PM
Oh yeah, sorry, that's what I meant. I forgot that you didn't pick the theme.

Mr. Epic
October 31st, 2009, 04:09 PM
I see where your coming from Angela, his name is Hiiro now btw.
And err... Misheard Whisper, could you stop with the large purple text please, its far from good looking and its really annoying? Thanks.

Misheard Whisper
October 31st, 2009, 04:12 PM
It's all a matter of which skin you use. Did you know there's an option in your User CP to turn off other peoples' annoying formatting?

And yah, ask Hiiro, then.

Loki
November 8th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Linking to a tutorial on a competition kind of unsettles me. :I
If it weren't a competition, I probably wouldn't mind, but lets not encourage people to just follow the same tutorial over and over again.

Angela, why don't you just take that entire link out and just let people ask here if they have any questions about the theme?

That's another point of having this thread anyway, and 90% of the people who visit this thread can explain it just as well, so...

Gummy
November 8th, 2009, 06:50 PM
I agree with Loki's double post. Firstly, the tutorial hardly explains what a vector is, and secondly those who have no idea what a vector is will just use that tutorial and we'll end up with a lot of similar entries.

Angela
November 9th, 2009, 05:11 AM
I agree with Loki's double post. Firstly, the tutorial hardly explains what a vector is, and secondly those who have no idea what a vector is will just use that tutorial and we'll end up with a lot of similar entries.

Yeah I noticed that as well.... Gasp.... *Cries* Loki double posted... *Cries loudly*

Ok... I mean the tutorial helped me a lot when it came to understanding what vector is (Not the first time I hostess vector in a contest)... So I'll just go ahead and remove the tutorial.. :3

THIRTY-SIX
November 12th, 2009, 11:54 PM
Does... this mean I'll pick the theme for two weeks in a row?

Gummy
November 13th, 2009, 01:05 PM
I guess, but that also means you can't enter for two weeks in a row.

Azonic
November 13th, 2009, 04:06 PM
1 entry in 1 week? Boo.

Dayum I suck at picking themes.

THIRTY-SIX
November 14th, 2009, 01:03 AM
I was trying to make people not let me win, either way I have two themes anywoo. xD

Also vectors are hard for some people, I uses illustrator.

Jesus oƒ Suburbia
November 14th, 2009, 04:49 AM
I was trying to make people not let me win, either way I have two themes anywoo. xD

Also vectors are hard for some people, I uses illustrator.

You never know who might pop up with an entry on the last day. :x

THIRTY-SIX
November 14th, 2009, 05:40 AM
Can't wait to see yours then.