PDA

View Full Version : Umineko No Naku Koro Ni [Discussion Thread]

Cherry.
September 14th, 2009, 03:43 AM
Do you like Umineko No Naku Koro Ni? ^__^.If you like it. Feel free to discuss anything about it. =))

Okay let me start this off:
Do you think that the anime series of Umineko No Naku Koro Ni was great? =)

Finnel
September 14th, 2009, 06:38 AM
The anime is terrible so far. Battler looks retarded, Maria is ten times more annoying than she already is, the animation is bad and they're cutting a shitload of stuff.

As an anime, it's decent. As an adaption, it's a disaster.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BsieIXp18AE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BsieIXp18AE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Youtube related.

Cherry.
September 14th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Well it's your opinion and i shall respect it! =))

It looks fine with me especially with the animation. =D, And Maria is awesome. XD;;. <33

twocows
September 14th, 2009, 03:15 PM
The anime is terrible so far. Battler looks retarded, Maria is ten times more annoying than she already is, the animation is bad and they're cutting a shitload of stuff.

As an anime, it's decent. As an adaption, it's a disaster.
Battler looked retarded originally. I think he actually looks better in the anime, though I'm still not going to watch it (the visual novel was more than good enough for me). As for the cuts, they're probably due to time constraints.

Well it's your opinion and i shall respect it! =))This is a bit off-topic, but it warrants saying. You don't need to respect everyone's opinion. I don't respect the opinions of hate groups; and why should I? Sure, they have the right to talk, but I certainly don't have to have a shred of respect for what they say. While that's a bit of an extreme example, it applies to less extreme situations. I only respect informed opposition; if people are just whining about stuff or calling it bad and offering no further explanation, I'll call them out, and you should as well; though in this case, Makku explained himself just fine, and I had no problems with what he said.

Finnel
September 14th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Battler looked retarded originally. I think he actually looks better in the anime...
I just dislike how they gave him huge anime eyes and made him really thin. In the game they state several times how big and muscular he's gotten in the years he's been gone from the family. Yeah, he looked bad in the original VN (what are you saying!? Ryukishi07 is a great artist!) but he at least didn't look like every other skinny anime protagonist ever.

Yeah, cuts are unavoidable, but I really don't like what they did, including some of their little changes as well. In the last episode of the first arc, Battler shoots at a butterfly. He's not supposed to see the butterflies.
And in the last episode of the second arc, they did not show that Battler was drunk in any way. Battler being drunk was really important since he saw such ridiculous things later on.

Things like those that will make it harder for anime-only watchers to theorize.

twocows
September 14th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Yeah, cuts are unavoidable, but I really don't like what they did, including some of their little changes as well. In the last episode of the first arc, Battler shoots at a butterfly. He's not supposed to see the butterflies.Oh, come on! The butterflies symbolize Beatrice and any power she has. Battler more or less doesn't believe in that power, and thus should NOT see the butterflies. Why would they change that?

digi-kun
September 14th, 2009, 10:54 PM
mmm, as an anime adaptation, i wouldn't say it's horrible, but they cut out a decent chunk of it, so it's a bit disappointing in some areas, especially where they don't actually state the entirety of the epitaph, though I assume they're going to do it next Episode for sure. I do wish they would spend a little more time on the Witches' Tea Party sections though >> lack of Super Paper, Nipah, and mentality explanations disturbs me (sorta XD)

As far as execution of the mechanics go, they've done a nice job. For example, the time freeze when off-board conversations start, and the red text.

I'm definitely looking forward to the next Episode though. We have mini Beato, Virgilia, Ronove, Mr. Awesome, Mrs. Awesome, a certain unnamed member of the Ushiromiya family. Plus we get to see Beato in her playful mode. I'm definitely looking forward to Episode 3 in anime form. Plus most likely a new OP

Yingxue
September 15th, 2009, 04:06 AM
Haven't played the game, haven't watched the animu. Maybe if it comes out here I'll check it out, but until then...