PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Sawyze has died.

kidpunk
September 14th, 2009, 04:21 PM
I know this usually belongs in Other Entertainment, but this deserves to go here.
I was just watching the O' Reilly Factor when on the commercial break, it was announced that Patrick Swayze has died today at the age of 57. People remember Patrick Swayze for his role in several successful movies, which include Dirty Dancing and Ghost. Swayze had been dealing with health murmors for years until in early 2008 when it was announced that he had Pancreatic Cancer and only 5 months to live. However, during this time Swayze shot one season of his final TV Show, The Beast. He lived longer than most people with Pancreatic Cancer, about 19 months. His publicist announced his death to FOX News today.

poopnoodle
September 14th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Just read about it, such a tragedy. He was very talented, I'll certainly miss him. Time for a "Ghost" and "Dirty Dancing" marathon.

Lana.
September 14th, 2009, 05:01 PM
As soon as I read pancreatic cancer, I knew what was coming. But wow, nineteen months? That's a miracle in itself - pancreatic cancer is just awful in the way you suddenly have, like, no time left.

R.I.P.

Captain Hobo.
September 14th, 2009, 05:05 PM
He was not that old let's take a moment to remember him.......

Ash~The Purifying Prince~
September 14th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Aww....I can't believe he's actually passed on, its sad. He was such a brilliant actor, I really loved his "Ghost" movie, I always thought it was his best. But Dirty Dancing was good too! even for their age, those movies are classics.

May Patrick Swayze R.I.P at least his suffering is now over.

World King
September 14th, 2009, 07:51 PM
"Ghost" was definitely my favorite of all his movies. He's going to be missed, that's for sure.

R.I.P. Patrick. Your suffering is now over...

Drew
September 14th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Oh my.. that's unexpected. D:

Well, not totally considering, but I didn't think it would happen so soon.

R.I.P Patrick Swayze.. ; ;

Gosh his movies were awesome, he was also an awesome actor.

The Scientist
September 14th, 2009, 10:03 PM
The song "Ghost Ride It" is suddenly a lot darker.

See 1:43.

v/hJDLRCXR2ZM

Hamako-chan
September 14th, 2009, 10:06 PM
I think I'm just weird, but I never heard of this person before...
But rest in peace.

Pokeyomom
September 14th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Your not weird... Just young. Patrick Swayze was a badass... And will be remembered as such by me.

Haven't you younglings ever heard of Roadhouse!!!??? Enough of this Ghost and DD nonsense, Roadhouse was like the best movie ever!!! Haha.

R.I.P. Pat.

The Fourteenth Doctor
September 15th, 2009, 01:08 AM
I can't believe he's died, i loved his Ghost movie.
R.I.P. Patrick

DonRoyale
September 15th, 2009, 01:26 AM
The song "Ghost Ride It" is suddenly a lot darker.

See 1:43.

v/hJDLRCXR2ZM

You are made of so much win sometimes it's unfair.

Seriously, can people stop freakin' dying already? I'll be suprised if any celebrity from 10-20 years ago is left by the end of this year.

R.I.P. Patrick.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty
September 15th, 2009, 02:20 AM
RIP, Patrick. I hope you're at peace now, wherever that may be. <3

dc_united
September 15th, 2009, 02:47 AM
Rest in peace Patrick. I intend to watch Keeping Mum and Ghost to remember your awesomeness.

Excuse me, I now need to go outside and scream "WHY???" at the heavens.

.little monster
September 15th, 2009, 02:55 AM
;; Such a great man has died (again)~

RIP Sawyzee~

Guillermo
September 15th, 2009, 03:04 AM
Patrick Sawyze. ;; Oh, my god! I loved this guy. He had the coolest last name ever. XD;

Rest in peace, Pat.

Houndour2004
September 15th, 2009, 10:54 AM
RIP!

I loved him in The Fox and the Hound 2.

Spartacus
September 15th, 2009, 11:43 AM
It was indeed very sad, he was a fantastic actor!

R.I.P

HyPeRsHoCk
September 15th, 2009, 12:02 PM
I think I'm just weird, but I never heard of this person before...
But rest in peace.

Then I guess I'm weird as well lol. Yeah...rest in peace dude.

Kazukii
September 15th, 2009, 12:05 PM
This is sad.. he was quite young too. R.I.P to one dirty dancer.

The Darkest Gale
September 15th, 2009, 12:10 PM
I heard of him but not well yet all the movies sound so good =(

R.I.P to a talented young man
what cancer was it he unfortunetly got

Honest
September 15th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Im so saddened by this. I really loved Ghost. It was an epic movie. Patrick Swayze dies way to young. May he rest in peace. I hope that what happened on the movie Ghost comes to life...you all know what I mean.

.Seth
September 15th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Pancreatic Cancer - 1, Patrick Swayze - 0
I hope you can tell I mean no offense whatsoever to Patrick.
He was awesome.
I really want to watch that Ghost movie suddenly.

I will miss him. If only we all could've obtained some of his superspecialawesomeness. ;;

Alex_
September 15th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Pancreatic Cancer - 1, Patrick Swayze - 0
I hope you can tell I mean no offense whatsoever to Patrick. If you know people might take offense to your tasteless, immature joke, then why bother saying it?

flight
September 15th, 2009, 05:26 PM
I really feel bad...>.< fallen prey to cancer...but I'm glad that he was able to do something in the time he had remaining; something people will hopefully remember him forever by.

Rest in peace, Patrick Sawyze...

Lucy Lu
September 15th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Oh my...dang. This is so sad. I really loved him in "Ghosts". That was one of my favorite movies. And he did great in "Dirty Dancing". Even though I didn't watch all of the movie. He is going to be well missed. Well I knew he was dying, but he really didn't say that he gotten better or worse. It looked like he gotten worse. ;; And he died...I just can't believe it.

Another one we lost!! Who is next?! R.I.P. Patrick Sawyze, you were great. You don't have to suffer anymore.

Tudj
September 17th, 2009, 02:45 AM
I wasn't as badly affected as some people, but it really is a loss. But no-one can say they didn't see it coming, as he lived more than 6 moths more then he was supposed to.

Haza
September 17th, 2009, 02:47 AM
I couldnt put a face to the name when I first heard. I still cant think of any of his work from my time.