PDA

View Full Version : Your Ideal Supergroup?

Gold warehouse
September 15th, 2009, 01:54 AM
For anyone who doesn't know what a supergroup is:
In the late 1960s, the term supergroup was coined to describe "a rock music group whose performers are already famous from having performed individually or in other groups."
Please be as creative as you like, your band members can be from mixed eras and it doesn't matter if they are still living or not.
Straightforward?

abnegation
September 15th, 2009, 05:38 AM
Guitar = Stevie Vai
Second guitar = Guitrie Govan
Drums = Joey Jordison
Vocals = James Hetfield
Bass = Les Claypool or FLEA

Big mix but I wanted something melodic, and very technical. I just threw in random good singer though, I rather instrumentals.

poopnoodle
September 15th, 2009, 05:46 AM
Buckethead!, and Sebastien Grainger doing drums and vocals. Two-man bands FTW

Gold warehouse
September 18th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Bumping for great justice (even though nobody cares. I'm bored.)
Reading back on this, it seems I have picked such obvious people, my group is so clichéd. :[

Vocals: Ian Anderson from Jethro Tull.
He can play the flute aswell, 'nuff said.

Guitarist: David Gilmour from Pink Floyd.
I love Pink Floyd, and Gilmour's guitar work on 'The Wall' and 'Animals' is incredible.
All my other favourite guitarists play Blues-rock, it wouldn't work in a band like this.

Bass Guitarist: Geddy Lee from Rush.
I was going to choose Chris Squire from Yes because the bass on 'Roundabout' is just insane, but whilst Squire is very good on a few tracks, Lee is good on most of them.

Keyboardist: Tony Banks from Genesis.
No other contenders here, his use of synthesizers and keyboard solos made Genesis the great band that it was.

Drummer: Keith Moon from The Who.
Only drummer that really stands out, he's simply mad.
Maureen Tucker from The Velvet Underground is my favourite drummer, but TVU was a unique band, their music only works when the entire band play together.