PDA

View Full Version : Kanye Gone to far?

Vital
September 15th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Well, I didn't see anything on this, so I'll make a thread on it.

At the Video Music Awards, Taylor Swift won the Best Female Video Award. A lot of cheers. But out of nowhere, Kanye West, famed rapper, intruded on the celebration proclaiming that his friend, the famed Beyonce should have won.

Later, Kanye apologized, but not a lot of people excepted it. Obama even called West a "jackass" (or so i heard)

Reactions, comments?

I feel sorry for Taylor Swift. No one likes there moment of glory challenged.

poopnoodle
September 15th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Since when does he not go too far with his narcissism? And why was this event such a shock? He's been pulling stunts like this for yrrrz.

Sokai
September 15th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Admitted, I'm not a major fan of either one though I do love some of Taylor Swift's music.
However, I thought that was a really rude thing for Kanye to do. :/
Taylor looked so embarrassed and I felt really sorry for her.
I'm so glad Beyonce called her back on stage.

Mr. Downstairs
September 15th, 2009, 05:13 PM
I'm confused why he has his head so far up in the clouds. He has no talent himself to begin with, so what credit should he have to judge others who actually do have talent? That's like a four year old calling you mean or something to that respect. His statement should just as easily fall off your shoulder. How he managed to become somewhat successful during his time as a musician is beyond me. Though that's probably my opinion speaking considering that I find rap itself to be the least impressive/expressive/creative/etc. genre in music.

Star★Seeker
September 15th, 2009, 05:30 PM
I felt really bad for Taylor. It was her first VMA and Kanye ruined it for her. What Knaye said was totally uncalled for, and he should have minded his own business, Beyonce was the one who was nominated, not him. I'm so glad Beyonce called Taylor onstage to have her moment, it really shows that she is a lady and a wonderful person.

EDIT: 1,500th post! YAY~!

abnegation
September 15th, 2009, 05:39 PM
It's not that he has his head too far up in the clouds it's more like he has his head too far up his rear end. It's hard for me to bare listening to his music because he is the most self absorbed rapper/hip hop artist out there. I wouldn't like his music even if he was modest but still, I find myself changing the radio station if he comes on. It is beyond me how he has managed to have as many hits as he has had. In a way it upsets me how someone could be so arrogant that they should do this during someones acceptance speech. Kanye West has made a fool of himself by doing this and he knows it. I garentee that he'l be on some chat shows on TV explaining how he was out of line and then make some stupid excuse for it. It's not that I'm overly annoyed by this but the man in general, lacks talent and is overflowing with arrogance.

Cello
September 15th, 2009, 06:19 PM
To be honest I'm not much for the overrated MTV teeny bopper crap anymore, but i've been hearing about this all day.

This guy's way too full of himself thinking he can break midway into an acceptance speech and start moaning because that one chick won.
Did he honestly think that would go over well?

revelp8
September 15th, 2009, 06:26 PM
reportedly, during the aftershow, sway commented on this saying that kanye had too much to drink that night, he had downed a half a bottle of liquor by himself, which may mean he was drunk and well, ruined it for taylor.

Ever since his claim to fame, its hard to not become arrogant. 50 Cent, more or less, has acted the same way when he came out and really, its all the hype that comes with becoming a multi-platinum rap artist. undoubtedly, what he did was extremely rude and disrespectful towards Taylor. yes, kanye went too far this time.

Marxus.
September 15th, 2009, 07:18 PM
I think Kanye was awesome for sticking up for what he thought, I just think he did it in the wrong way.
Beyonce did have a better video and Taylor Swift sucks, IMHO

Akio123
September 15th, 2009, 07:43 PM
I'll say it again here:
Kanye West has ALWAYS been like this. Why do you all think South park decided to do the Fish Sticks episode four times tonight? XD I mean think about it, he said he should be in the bible, he decided he is allowed to make his own Louis Vuiton stuff and use the brand name breaking copy right laws, the thing about George W Bush hating black people. Again, Beyonce lil mama Knowles showed she had class and let Taylor Swift finish her speech. I mean honestly, this makes me hate the guy more. Beyonce, the person he endorsed won best video of the year, meaning he made himself look like a fool for no reason at all.

When the president even has something to say ti gets worse. Remember, President Obama called the man a jackass. This term is not even used for pirates, terrorists, bankers who are aiding to the destruction of the American economy. This is the first time that Obama has used language like that to describe something. Heck he even started to cry on the Jay Leno show because it is just setting in what he did was wrong.

Alex_
September 15th, 2009, 08:01 PM
While I hate to see it happen, I am in love with all of the meme's being put up now about it. I lol so hard at some of them. The most recent: http://imgur.com/h9Guq.png

BJ088
September 15th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Oh god, so now there's going to be 50 thousand of these photos ^^ travelling around and 3/4 of them won't even be funny.

Alex_
September 15th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Haha, some of them will be fail, but of the ones I've seen, they're really funny.

Haza
September 15th, 2009, 11:07 PM
First there was a pic on FaceBook of Pokemon doing a parody of this situation.
Kanye ' "Yo Rayquayza, Imma let u finish but Mewtwo was one of the best Legendaries of all time!" lol

Anyway, anyone whi agrees that Taylor Swift should have won that award is crazy. Beyonce SHOULD have won the award and if she was to lose it to either P!nk or Lady Gaga, Gaga should have taken. kanye felt as if he was voicing it for those who didnt have the guts to, even if it did turn out to be a terrible idea.

SBaby
September 16th, 2009, 12:12 AM
kanye felt as if he was voicing it for those who didnt have the guts to, even if it did turn out to be a terrible idea.

You are missing the point yet again. It doesn't matter if Kanye is the second coming of Jeebus. And whether you feel Taylor should've won the award or not is a moot point. That is something you never do, regardless of the circumstances. Yet again he proved that is that he is an unprofessional, cowardly, arrogant punk. That's what makes him a weak little person, and that's why he doesn't deserve any respect from anyone. Based on his track record, I think Obama hit the nail on the head with what he said about him (I may not have voted for the guy and it may not have been intended for public ears, but I've gotta give him props for that).

Haza
September 16th, 2009, 12:18 AM
all Im saying is that he said what so many of us were thinking, whether he should have or not Im glad he did. It put it in peoples faces just like he meant for it to.

SBaby
September 16th, 2009, 12:21 AM
all Im saying is that he said what so many of us were thinking, whether he should have or not Im glad he did. It put it in peoples faces just like he meant for it to.

Oh, it put it in our faces all right. But not the way you think it did. It made us realize that he's a childish bully who's never going to grow up.

I'm tired of arguing about something that's plain as day...

Haza
September 16th, 2009, 12:36 AM
Whatever! Lol, u were arguing with yourself honey. I was just giving you feed from a different point of view. U have to consider why someonne does something before you become a critic.

Mukkamoto
September 16th, 2009, 12:52 AM
Well Kanye did go too far. The point he made was true though. I would had Gaga or Beyonce win that award. To me that award look rigged. Taylor Swift didn't deserve the awards. I believe Kanye didnt say anything bad to her, it's just the timing and where he did it was wrong.

However this doesn't stop me from listening to his music.

Anyway i guess i'll post this which i found on facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=148963247248&h=dvz2n&u=3FEkG&ref=mf

Haza
September 16th, 2009, 12:57 AM
To Mukkamoto! Thankyou! U sais what I said but worded it so much better. He didnt lie but it as just obnoxious the way he did it.

Mukkamoto
September 16th, 2009, 01:10 AM
To Mukkamoto! Thankyou! U sais what I said but worded it so much better. He didnt lie but it as just obnoxious the way he did it.

Exactly, he was drunk. He was out of place. We all know it. No need to react like this was the first time :D I like his Music, it's different from what he did today. All i've been seeing in this thread are ' I HATE KANYE'

I wonder how many people here actually like Rap, and listen to Kanye's Music are saying this?

Guillermo
September 16th, 2009, 01:21 AM
This isn't the first time he's pulled a stunt like this, but to someone as young as new to the music scene as Taylor, well, that's pretty darn horrible. :[ I felt so bad for Taylor when I read about it but then I was glad that Beyonce could find it in herself to call Taylor back on stage.

Haza
September 16th, 2009, 01:24 AM
I dont think a persons actions shoukd ever effect peoples love for their music unless their a racist or something! Perfect exampl, Amy Whinehouse. She is a very talented woman and her music shows it.

Honarable Mentions

Michael Jackson
Britney Spears
Madonna

Mitchman
September 16th, 2009, 01:33 AM
Wow what a jerk. I mean if he wants to stay popular or have a reputation then this shouldn't be the way. Also a related pic:
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2009/09/kanye.jpg

Haza
September 16th, 2009, 02:39 AM
^
the above is so funny. As much as everyone hates him now, it will make everyone even more interested in his next musical releases.

Azonic
September 16th, 2009, 03:29 AM
Anyway, anyone whi agrees that Taylor Swift should have won that award is crazy. Beyonce SHOULD have won the award and if she was to lose it to either P!nk or Lady Gaga, Gaga should have taken. kanye felt as if he was voicing it for those who didnt have the guts to, even if it did turn out to be a terrible idea.
No, they're not crazy. They just have a different taste in music. Why do you even think Taylor Swift won? Because more people voted for her. They don't decide randomly you know. :/ You Belong With Me has been the most popular song for a while now.

all Im saying is that he said what so many of us were thinking, whether he should have or not Im glad he did. It put it in peoples faces just like he meant for it to."So many of us" is not an equivalent to "The most people". The most people voted for Taylor Swift, that is why she won. Geez, I can't believe how shallow you're being. How can you POSSIBLY be glad that this happened? Taylor's one moment got ruined, and Kanye's rep got destroyed. :/ I think it's pretty obvious that it's not a good thing.

Haza
September 16th, 2009, 03:34 AM
Sorry but I really didnt want to go here but its time for me to say it. Taylor Swift only won that award because the majority of people who even take the time to vote on MTV.com are mostly white teen girls. Point made. Had it been the grammys, Taylor Swift would not have been nominated. I know its MTV and all but even different tastes in music considered, Taylor Swift should not have won that award over the other 4 or 5 amazing women in that category.

Call me the Kanye of PC but Im just being real.

Azonic
September 16th, 2009, 03:47 AM
Sorry but I really didnt want to go here but its time for me to say it. Taylor Swift only won that award because the majority of people who even take the time to vote on MTV.com are mostly white teen girls. Point made. Had it been the grammys, Taylor Swift would not have been nominated. I know its MTV and all but even different tastes in music considered, Taylor Swift should not have won that award over the other 4 or 5 amazing women in that category.Prove it.

You're being extremely biased against Taylor Swift. I'm sure you can't back any of your reasons up. Stop assuming things. :/

And lol, you didn't consider different tastes in music because the only one you're judging from is your own.

Oh, and last time I checked, white teen girls had the right to vote for their favorite music online.

Haza
September 16th, 2009, 03:52 AM
Honeym let me spell it out for u

Beyonce
Lady Gaga
Katy Perry
Pink
Kelly Clarkson
TaySwift? Howd she get nominated? Because she had a song with good lyrics and decided to remix it with a pop beat and then and only then was it played on MTV?

Hpw many hit records has Taylor Swift had? Especially compared to the rest of these ladies. I like Taylor Swift, I really do. I hate Katy Perry, I really do, but I could see her winning it over her(but not the resr XD)

And I didnt say it was wrong for white girls to vote, I was just giving u the reason for why she feaking won. U obviously dont have to be the most talented to win such an award and thats why Kanye spoke up.

Akio123
September 16th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Okay H*za let me explain something:
It's not the fact that people think Taylor Swift should have won, it's the fact that Kanye West got on stage randomly and humiliated her. I don't care if he was drunk, he shouldn't have been drinking before an award show.

Kazukii
September 16th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Rofl.. I found it hilarious when I saw it XD; Taylor Swift shouldn't have won.. Beyoncé would have been a better winner. Fact.

poopnoodle
September 16th, 2009, 08:21 AM
H☆ZA http://www.pokecommunity.com/images/templates/pichusquared/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=5122538#post5122538)
Sorry but I really didnt want to go here but its time for me to say it. Taylor Swift only won that award because the majority of people who even take the time to vote on MTV.com are mostly white teen girls. Point made. Had it been the grammys, Taylor Swift would not have been nominated. I know its MTV and all but even different tastes in music considered, Taylor Swift should not have won that award over the other 4 or 5 amazing women in that category.
A) Who cares (who even watches MTV)
B) didn't Beyonce win a different award anyways
C) This thread is regarding Kanye West's many methods of douchebaggery, by saying this are you defending him? This might make you a lesser douchebag (because it is impossible for anyone to be the equivalent), but a douchebag nonetheless.

Gold warehouse
September 16th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Whether Taylor Swift deserved the award or not is irrelevant, it doesn't mean anybody has the right to do what Kanye did.
But he got what he wanted, publicity.
I am in love with all of the meme's being put up now about it. I lol so hard at some of them.
Seconded.
Pic related:

Edit: Wow Alex, cheap pic swindle was cheap. :[
http://zip.4chan.org/mu/src/1253106445896.png

Alex_
September 16th, 2009, 01:25 PM
To keep with the Pokemon forum thing and the topic at hand: http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/9/2009/09/500x_kanye.jpg

poopnoodle
September 16th, 2009, 01:28 PM
To keep with the Pokemon forum thing and the topic at hand: http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/9/2009/09/500x_kanye.jpg

I lol'd. This meme hasn't become unfunny yet.

Haza
September 16th, 2009, 02:03 PM
A) Who cares (who even watches MTV)
B) didn't Beyonce win a different award anyways
C) This thread is regarding Kanye West's many methods of douchebaggery, by saying this are you defending him? This might make you a lesser douchebag (because it is impossible for anyone to be the equivalent), but a douchebag nonetheless.

Lol, Im not defending him, I just think its appropriate to say why someone does something before bashing them you know? It was wrong completely but what he said was true.

giradialkia
September 16th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Lol, this is hilarious. I mean, i really don't like Taylor Swift's music- but if she won, then fair enough, obviously enough people do like her. What Kanye did was... Retarded, is all that comes to mind. I mean, I get it, he's famous, and i actually like his music, but he's an arrogant prat. Jesus...:D still think it's hilarious though...

Haza
September 16th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Okay H*za let me explain something:
It's not the fact that people think Taylor Swift should have won, it's the fact that Kanye West got on stage randomly and humiliated her. I don't care if he was drunk, he shouldn't have been drinking before an award show.

Lol, was it proven that he was drunk! XD I kinda thought so but was unsure. Did anyone else scope ut his reaction whaen he bluted it out? I guess the audience didnt react the way he thought they would so it made it absolutely awkward.

poopnoodle
September 16th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Lol, was it proven that he was drunk! XD I kinda thought so but was unsure. Did anyone else scope ut his reaction whaen he bluted it out? I guess the audience didnt react the way he thought they would so it made it absolutely awkward.

I was staring at Taylor Swift's face, omfg lulz. Like someone stole her lollipop.

Haza
September 16th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Okay, that was the part that made me feel really bad. Her face showed that she wanted to cry. At first, she thought him taking the mic was going to go somewhere else but once she realized what he was saying, he smile faded. I wanted to give her a hug at that point. I felt sorry for Beyonce too. Her face was like "Homagawd!"

And this is for those who have not heard the President expressing himself on the subject.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76p9x0-2rJY&feature=popular

giradialkia
September 16th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Okay, that was the part that made me feel really bad. Her face showed that she wanted to cry. At first, she thought him taking the mic was going to go somewhere else but once she realized what he was saying, he smile faded. I wanted to give her a hug at that point. I felt sorry for Beyonce too. Her face was like "Homagawd!"
oh god, tell me about it. I...
Well, it's been said, lol.

Azonic
September 16th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Honeym let me spell it out for u

Beyonce
Lady Gaga
Katy Perry
Pink
Kelly Clarkson
TaySwift? Howd she get nominated? Because she had a song with good lyrics and decided to remix it with a pop beat and then and only then was it played on MTV?

Hpw many hit records has Taylor Swift had? Especially compared to the rest of these ladies. I like Taylor Swift, I really do. I hate Katy Perry, I really do, but I could see her winning it over her(but not the resr XD)

And I didnt say it was wrong for white girls to vote, I was just giving u the reason for why she feaking won. U obviously dont have to be the most talented to win such an award and thats why Kanye spoke up.K, let's go back to the facts. The award was not "most hit records" it was an award for best pop song. How did she get nominated? People voted for her. You Belong With me is more popular than any of those singers' songs right now. Apparently, people like it a lot. :/

You can't prove your reasons. If it reached number 1 for a long while and is STILL up there, I'm pretty sure it's not just the white teen girls that voted. Show me some statistics showing "the amount of white teen girls vs. everyone else and what they voted for". Only then will your reason be valid.

You don't even know Kanye. For all we know, he could be secretly a big Beyonce fan and just spoke up for that. Assumptions...

"White teen girls" must HATE Beyonce... isn't that why she won best overall? ^_^Lol, Im not defending him, I just think its appropriate to say why someone does something before bashing them you know? It was wrong completely but what he said was true.
Yeah you kind of ar defending him. And no, what he said was not true. Opinions are never true because they aren't facts. Just because you think Beyonce's got talent and should have won doesn't mean everyone else has to.

Lol at the Obama thing though. It's kind of a bad thing coming from someone so high up, but all he's getting is praise haha.

Haza
September 16th, 2009, 05:10 PM
First of all the Award was not for Best Pop Song, it was for Best Female Artist. This is why it was such a big deal for me listing the other nominees. And Kanye is good friends with Jay Z, hence why he defended Beyonce.

Azonic
September 16th, 2009, 05:23 PM
U obviously dont have to be the most talented to win such an award and thats why Kanye spoke up.Kanye is good friends with Jay Z, hence why he defended Beyonce. I like how you contradict yourself. ^^

White Glint
September 16th, 2009, 05:27 PM
So wait, when Kanye was CONSTANTLY talking about how he should be in the Bible, that wasn't considered going too far? WTFBBQ for sure.

Kanye might have talent as a rapper, but his narcissism isn't much to praise.(What? Wrong topic? Oh, ok.)
I wonder.....I can't be more obvious, but don't you think he was ONLY doing that because he has a personal friendship with Beyonce?(Or Jay-Z, just throwing out both if Jigga and KW are friends like stated.)
Y'know, you have to wonder if he shoulda took the advice that his song said, and stayed in the basement doing 5 beats a day for 3 summers.

Haza
September 16th, 2009, 05:31 PM
I like how you contradict yourself. ^^

Ur a dope. I mentiond him being friends with them because you apparently didnt know, and if u were friends with the best, U would speak up too. It wasnt much of a contradiction either. whatever. This debate isnt going anywhere anytime soon.

White Glint
September 16th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Ur a dope. I mentiond him being friends with them because you apparently didnt know, and if u were friends with the best, U would speak up too. It wasnt much of a contradiction either. whatever. This debate isnt going anywhere anytime soon.

Don't you think you're taking this Kanye a little too personal?

Regardless of his status, you can't just try to give him a good word for doing stupid **** like that.

Great rapper, sure. I can agree with that. But on the smart head of the coin? Not when you pull stunts like that.

Haza
September 16th, 2009, 05:36 PM
It doesnt really matter. Taylor Swift got her moment regardless and extra publicity.

White Glint
September 16th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Yeah, I suppose. But what does Kanye get? Not a damn thing.

The dude did something like that on TV. That's like me youtubing my self going skateboarding naked.

Might not seem comparable, but when you look at celebrity status like that, just wow.

Still though, give the dude credit for stating his opinion like that on National Tv....even if it was stupid. (Not as stupid as what Diddy did, but that's off topic)

poopnoodle
September 16th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Lulz. Debates over things no one cares about.

Probs a publicity stunt, anyway. He does that crap all the time, all resulting in the same response. He is the ultimate IRL troll.

That's like me youtubing my self going skateboarding naked.Totally different, I'd pick free skateboard pr0n over VMA drama lulz any day.

SBaby
September 16th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Whatever! Lol, u were arguing with yourself honey. I was just giving you feed from a different point of view. U have to consider why someonne does something before you become a critic.

Ok. Fine, then. You claim to know all these reasons, but I have yet to hear any from you. What were his reasons? If he had a reason to do that, then why didn't he do it to someone who had more experience? Someone who's been there longer than Taylor? Why Taylor? Why would he pick 19-year-old Taylor if he so clearly was in the right to make a point? Wouldn't it have given him more publicity to pick someone a little more high profile? It's simple logic, so why didn't he?

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=Black]Lulz. Debates over things no one cares about.

If you don't care about it, then you've really got no business posting in this thread.

White Glint
September 16th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Ok. Fine, then. You keep spouting all this nonsense about his reasons, but I have yet to hear any from you. What were his reasons?

His rep has gotten to his head, maybe. Not cool, Kanye.

poopnoodle
September 16th, 2009, 07:00 PM
If you don't care about it, then you've really got no business posting in this thread.

Cry?

Nope, don't care about who should have won / the ethics of Kanye. I find lulz in reading butthurt/defensive reactions to everything, so I guess I really do care about all this ;(

White Glint
September 16th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Cry?

Nope, don't care about who should have won / the ethics of Kanye. I find lulz in reading butthurt/defensive reactions to everything, so I guess I really do care about all this ;(

You love roasting H*ZA/Others like that, huh?(LOL, I'm such an ass.)

The real problem is, they try to defend him by saying he was drunk. WTF?

Haza
September 16th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Thanks SBaby for saying TaySwift is not High Prifile! ^,*

And Haza is not roastable.

Yoshimi
September 16th, 2009, 07:48 PM
I wouldn't put it past him to be a total douche-bag. He basically thinks of himself as the second coming of Christ, and he has the gall to say that stuff live. I don't care much about this since he is only stating his opinion, but when it's in those circumstances, he should just keep quiet until after everyone is done focusing on Taylor. Beyonce was still better though D8

And who cares if he was drunk? That doesn't give him an "insult free" pass.
He would probably say that while completely sober, knowing his personality.

SBaby
September 16th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Thanks SBaby for saying TaySwift is not High Prifile! ^,*

And Haza is not roastable.

It was you who said that. I was just asking why he would pick her over someone he thought would be more high profile if he had such a grand cause. Obviously, you can't answer the questions. You don't really know why he did it, do you? That's why you made the above post, in a vain attempt to change the subject and evade the issue. I see this all the time.

Ageless Irony
September 16th, 2009, 08:38 PM
http://kanyelicio.us/http://www.pokecommunity.com

This right here, this right here.

poopnoodle
September 16th, 2009, 08:39 PM
http://kanyelicio.us/http://www.pokecommunity.com

This right here, this right here.

Keeping this on my browser kthx

Haza
September 16th, 2009, 10:12 PM
I have already told you why he did it. If ur trying to pin me in a corner or something, its not going to work. He was voicing what we were all thinking. Had it been any of the other ladies Im sure he would have done the same thing.

poopnoodle
September 16th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Obama even called West a "jackass" (or so i heard)

True story, bro. Le evidence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4Oh8uqMyWo

Haza
September 16th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Whoever leaked that audio is not right! XD he clearly didnt want it to be heard. Well, now Knaye has that under his belt too.

SBaby
September 17th, 2009, 01:07 PM
I have already told you why he did it. If ur trying to pin me in a corner or something, its not going to work. He was voicing what we were all thinking. Had it been any of the other ladies Im sure he would have done the same thing.

You keep dancing in circles without actually stating an actual reason why he did it. Because there is none. I've told you why I don't like Kanye. But you can't seem to find a legitimate way to justify his actions. What does that tell us?

Whoever leaked that audio is not right! XD he clearly didnt want it to be heard. Well, now Knaye has that under his belt too.

H*za, you so silly.

He didn't want it heard because he knows that some people have trouble handling the truth. So they delude themselves in the hope that it'll magically go away. Obviously, this doesn't happen. Welcome to reality.

My theory: I think he secretly wanted it leaked. Why not? It could only improve his standing with alot of his critics. If Obama didn't want it leaked, then he shouldn't have said it in front of so many people. That's like asking for trouble. Reference Christian Bale. Not to mention, he has Secret Service and CIA agents everywhere looking out for those things. Do you have any clue how efficient those people are? They would've caught the guy before it even got recorded. I'm sorry, but he wanted that to be released. He's just pretending that he didn't.

Azonic
September 17th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Ur a dope. I mentiond him being friends with them because you apparently didnt know, and if u were friends with the best, U would speak up too. It wasnt much of a contradiction either. whatever. This debate isnt going anywhere anytime soon.no ur a dope

No, if I was friends with the best, I wouldn't ruin another singer's first special moment LIVE just for some pointless and questionable opinion.

Facts please. You don't even know why Kanye specifically took those actions. He could have been drunk for all we know. Please stop acting like you know exactly why Kanye spoke out, because you don't. No one does except for him.

And it kind of was a contradiction. Open your eyes plzkthx.

You love roasting H*ZA/Others like that, huh?(LOL, I'm such an ass.)

The real problem is, they try to defend him by saying he was drunk. WTF?
That wouldn't be a good reason anyhow. xD What matters is that he interrupted a live famous broadcast and ruined a singer's first special VMA award. IMO who cares if he was drunk or not.

Haza
September 18th, 2009, 02:03 AM
Well, whether I contradicted myself or not, if he was drunk or anything else he had a purpose for saying it. The VMAs is one of the most biased award shows next to the Kids Choice Awards. And by the way, the peoples vote isnt the only influence on the vote. Kanye felt like it was bull that she won over all of the other superior entertainers in that specific category. Had it been another category, Im sure he would have kept quiet. Im not saying what he did was right but when the winner was announced I said the same damn thing.

Sweet Jasmine
September 18th, 2009, 03:14 AM
I really feel sorry for her. :((. Because it's her first award from MTV. And that moment was ruined by Kanye West. >.< . But thanks to Beyonce her speech and thanks giving was finished. ^.^
Kanye West should be thankful to Taylor Swift because Taylor accepted his apology. I mean it's so embarrassing that someone would ruined your thanksgiving speech but still Taylor accepts it with all her heart. <3

Avey
September 19th, 2009, 06:19 AM
First thing I thought of when I heard about it was, 'jeez, Kanye, how can you be so heartless?'

What he did wasn't cool. Hopefully he'll learn a lesson from this but... I doubt it.

Chelc
September 19th, 2009, 10:20 AM
It was rude and uncalled for, definitely. My respect for him as really went down after this. I wasn't totally for Taylor winning the award, I was almost in agreement with him, but she worked hard and overall, deserved it. I'm glad that Beyonce let her have her own moment. It's a shame she had to clean up his mess, though. Either way, he apologized, so I'm not as angry about it anymore.

SBaby
September 19th, 2009, 08:25 PM
It was rude and uncalled for, definitely. My respect for him as really went down after this. I wasn't totally for Taylor winning the award, I was almost in agreement with him, but she worked hard and overall, deserved it. I'm glad that Beyonce let her have her own moment. It's a shame she had to clean up his mess, though. Either way, he apologized, so I'm not as angry about it anymore.

I wouldn't hold this much of a grudge, but this is not the first time Kanye's acted like a punk. And each time, he apologizes. And he does it again. And apologizes again. Kanye, stop apologizing and just don't do it anymore!

Game Over1375
September 19th, 2009, 08:32 PM
I'll give Kanye this, he voices his opinions when he shouldn't. That was disrespectful to Taylor Swift, and he got all that he deserved.

Just to add, I am not a fan of either Taylor or Kanye. In fact, I hate their music, but I respect Taylor and Kanye for doing what they do.

True Reign
September 20th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Yo Mudkipz, Imma let you finish 'n all, but I just gotta say I'm one of the best internet meme's of all time! OF ALL TIME!!!

Azonic
September 20th, 2009, 05:54 PM
It was rude and uncalled for, definitely. My respect for him as really went down after this. I wasn't totally for Taylor winning the award, I was almost in agreement with him, but she worked hard and overall, deserved it. I'm glad that Beyonce let her have her own moment. It's a shame she had to clean up his mess, though. Either way, he apologized, so I'm not as angry about it anymore.Meh, you never know what to believe from a celebrity at his level. He could have done it to save his image, actually meant it, save him from being sued, etc. I'm not believing his apology but that's just me. :x

Yo Mudkipz, Imma let you finish 'n all, but I just gotta say I'm one of the best internet meme's of all time! OF ALL TIME!!!omg... i like you.

B-Baller
September 20th, 2009, 10:56 PM
I think this image sums the whole situation up quite nicely.

http://is.pinkbike.com/photo/4015/pbpic4015810.jpg

Tudj
September 23rd, 2009, 01:51 AM
As Stated, He let his fame and alcohol get to his head. I can't remember where I read it, but he thinks he is the singer of the Generation. Someone talks high of themselves.....

Route 18
September 23rd, 2009, 03:00 AM
It's quite simple, really. What he did was typical attention-seeking behaviour. He just couldn't get enough attention already, so he had to steal it from someone else. Seriously, that was pretty mean, since Taylor Swift just started her career, and this is just blowing it for her, having a big star saying she doesn't deserve the award she received. It may boost her fame even more, but it'll still have an impact on her self esteem.