View Full Version : Issue: Before reporting...

September 16th, 2009, 5:24 PM
So bascially what I'm trying to ask is this. Before i even report anyone like for example. If he/she was spamming on a thread would I just report to them right away? Or like if their thread was meaningless like say they wrote the wrong topic on the wrong section would i report that?

so basically all I'm trying to say is how do I report should I report people in the right way?

September 16th, 2009, 5:25 PM
If someone's spamming up a thread, then yeah you report. >_> And yeah, if someone posted a thread in the wrong section then that is against the rules, so naturally it should be reported. o3o

September 16th, 2009, 5:26 PM
You should report as much as you can, as it helps the community by letting the staff know of problems in a thread, PM, VM, or blog comment, or blog entry. But don't go overboard with it.
And don't report for the slightest mistake, either.

And to answer your questions, yes to both.

September 16th, 2009, 5:28 PM
Trust me, it does help. A lot. By the way, if it's the thread that you want to report, just report the first post. It'll be handled then. :3

September 16th, 2009, 5:58 PM
Alright. I understand what you all mean now. Mods if you think this thread is no longer needed you may as well close it.

September 16th, 2009, 6:03 PM
Basically, if your first instinct is "hey, this might need to be reported..." you should report it. Even if you're not 100% sure.

It only takes a minute for a mod to close an incorrect report, so even if it's wrong it doesn't hurt, and in the chance that it's right you've helped the staff with their job.