PDA

View Full Version : Most Underrated Film?

abnegation
September 18th, 2009, 10:47 AM
I've watched so many films, that were non-Hollywood become so underappreciated due to them not being Blockbuster. So what I'm asking is, "What movies do you feel, are underrated?"

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
September 18th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Isn't it obvious? It's Twilight :D

...what?

Jolene
September 18th, 2009, 11:35 AM
I'm not a fan of the term "underrated", but there's a film called "The Secret Lives of Bees" which I think is really good even though it's not very well-known, and there's another film called "Ed Wood" which I also think is really good.

Gold warehouse
September 18th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Legends of the Fall. It did win an award when it was released. (Even though I think it deserved more or better awards.) But I think it deserves a lot more recognition than what it received.
I think the storyline is great and all the roles are played out very well. It just seems to have been forgotten about though.

Fox♠
September 18th, 2009, 12:20 PM
The Red Baron (2008)

Really good German war film, seen from the German side. It never got released here, but there is an English version.

Haza
September 18th, 2009, 12:28 PM
I'm not a fan of the term "underrated", but there's a film called "The Secret Lives of Bees" which I think is really good even though it's not very well-known, and there's another film called "Ed Wood" which I also think is really good.

That movie is very famous and based off of a novel :/ So not underrated

Superstar is a movie that I feel is underrated. Its super halarious and the first movie like Napoleon Dynamite.

Azonic
September 18th, 2009, 03:24 PM
I saw a movie called Phone Booth. It was pretty amazing. It kept you on the very edge of your seat. No one ever talks about it though. XD It's great. The only problem is that it all really takes in one place.

Jordan
September 18th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Journey from the Fall is a brilliant harbinger of emotions for me, and tells a tragic story that many Vietnamese had a similar experience to that anti-Vietnam supporters would likely ignore. It's fairly well received, but not a household name, so I'm not sure if it's qualified in this thread. However, it's certainly no Schindler's List in terms of popularity.

Barney.
September 19th, 2009, 11:25 AM
I saw a movie called Phone Booth. It was pretty amazing. It kept you on the very edge of your seat. No one ever talks about it though. XD It's great. The only problem is that it all really takes in one place.

Phone Booth is up there with my favourite films ever...but I'm not too sure if it's underrated as such.

There's Only One Jimmy Grimble is one of my favourite films..That never got the attention it deserved.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
September 29th, 2009, 02:53 PM

Phone Booth was an amazing movie,

I've never hear about the unborn anymore, it was rather okay

:t354:TG

poopnoodle
September 29th, 2009, 03:06 PM
There are far too many of those to name just one.

Esper
September 29th, 2009, 08:08 PM
It's hard to say what is underrated because for every movie there is someone, somewhere who thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread and someone else who hates it.

For me, The Name of the Rose (1986) and Wings of Desire [Der Himmel über Berlin] (1987) were great movies, but I haven't personally met anyone who agrees so I consider them underrated even though I've read positive reviews and know plenty of people like them.

michele
September 29th, 2009, 08:14 PM
repo! the genetic opera.
i guess it's not too underrated, but in a small town like mine i wish it didn't seem like i'm the only person who's seen it.
i mean for crying out loud, paris hilton is actually good in it. o_o;;
and the songs are incredibly catchy!

"zydrate comes in a little glass vile."
"a little glass vile?"
"a little glass vile!"

Houndour2004
September 30th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Atanarjuat - The Fast Funner (2001)