PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite Music Genre?

Sweet Jasmine
September 23rd, 2009, 02:42 PM
What's your Favorite Music Genre? :P
Mine would be Pop and Rock. <3. It's awesome! ;)

Eпvy
September 23rd, 2009, 03:15 PM
Hard to say.

I like to listen to a combination of classical, jazz, classic and alternative rock.

Captain Hobo.
September 23rd, 2009, 03:45 PM
I like rap, pop, and rock and roll.

Haza
September 23rd, 2009, 07:00 PM
Umm, Pop, Rap, Electric, R&B, and Rock. Love them all.

Aphrodite
September 23rd, 2009, 08:41 PM
What's your Favorite Music Genre? :P
Mine would be Pop and Rock. <3. It's awesome! ;)
Summed up my thoughts, my mp3 is pretty much 90% pop and rock.

Napalm
September 23rd, 2009, 09:16 PM
I have a mixture. Mainly old school metal. I also like old school rock and punk.

Timbjerr
September 23rd, 2009, 09:51 PM
...mostly classic rock and modern alternative rock, but I really can listen to anything. I judge music song-by-song because alienating an entire genre is just kinda...closed-minded.

Rainflower
September 23rd, 2009, 09:57 PM
pop, r&b, rock.. sometimes classical and jazz <3

poopnoodle
September 23rd, 2009, 09:59 PM
Blues, avant-garde (which is more of a basis for many eclectic musical genres that a lot of my favorite artists apply to), and free jazz are my top three.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty
September 24th, 2009, 12:09 AM
Classical. ^.^ Classic FM ftw! (Even if the presenters do tend to act like posh morons. .__.)

Tudj
September 24th, 2009, 12:58 AM
I don;t have a favourite genre, because I have a variety, but I cant stand heavy metal. Other than that I am fairly open-minded on all types of music.

Sonikku
September 24th, 2009, 03:07 AM
I wanna rock and roll all night baby

Houndour2004
September 24th, 2009, 07:42 AM
Schlager, pop, electronic, folk metal, folk, trance, ambient and techno.

Graceful
September 24th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Pop,Electropop,J-pop & Rock-Punk Alternative.

Jolene
September 24th, 2009, 10:12 AM
It depends on my mood. The only genre I don't particularly care for is metal...

Devil's Guitarist
September 24th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Rock and Alternative baby! oh yeah!! The Whites, Kings, The Racs and Bon Jovi Rocks!!!

Mr. Avocado
September 24th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Pop, Rock and Jazz.

They are very inspiring and catchy. Rock songs make you crazy, Pop songs make you happy and classical songs just give you an awesome feeling!

Hagumi
September 24th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Uh, let's see… /checks iPod Well, I like Alternative & Punk, Electronica/Dance, Hip Hop/Rap, Pop (the majority of the music on my iPod is Pop), R&B and Rock. I also like J-Pop and K-Pop. :3 I can't really decide which one I like best over Pop and J-Pop. D: I guess it would ultimately be J-Pop in the end.

Yuoaman
September 24th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Alternative, Rock, Grunge, Metal, and Punk.

Jordan
September 24th, 2009, 03:53 PM
A nice variety, but usually orchestrated music gets my attention. Others include folk (especially Vietnamese), country, and a good amount of pop, too. I generally like background music with a wide variety of pitches within it, so classic rock songs might not appeal to me too much.

DonRoyale
September 24th, 2009, 04:07 PM
the good one
I mean-
anything that's "real" music
dammit I mean-

Anything you can dance to, really. Pop, techno, R&B and rap. I love rock as well. :>

-Mannequin-
September 24th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Pop, Electro-pop, Pop/Rock... basically anything pop xD

Gunn
September 24th, 2009, 10:54 PM
Some metal genres like melodic death metal, death metal, thrash metal, progressive metal, and industrial metal,... well, some industrial. Other than metal, I like rock (classic, hard, some alternative), and a little bit of punk. It's really hard to get into today's stuff without my ears bleeding.

Verkaufer
September 25th, 2009, 12:09 PM
I don't have s favorite genre per-say... I can list the qualities of the music I like though (courtesy of Pandora):
-minor keys
-subtle vocal harmony
-complex instrumental writing
-female vocals (from time to time)
-extensive vamping
-hard rock roots

Lucy Lu
September 25th, 2009, 03:54 PM
I truly love to listen to R&B, Pop, Hip-Hop, Rap, Soul, Gospel, Dance, New Wave, New Jack Swing, Pop Rock, J-Pop, J-Rock, J-Hip-Hop, Adult Contemporary, Techno, Oldies, etc...

Yeah I love a lot of genres, lol. As of late I been listen to the old stuff. I haven't really listen to the new stuff. So I been listening to a lot of Classic R&B and Classic Rap/Hip-Hop. Great music back in the day. <3

B-Baller
September 26th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Progressive metal. Well technically that's a sub genre but whatever.
I also like progressive rock, technical death metal, good old heavy metal, classic rock, hard rock, jazz fusion and normal jazz.

yvette
September 26th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Pop. I love it. Mainstream pop. I'm much more tolerant of it these days, and I really enjoy it (like Shakira, Lady Gaga <3<3, Beyonce <3, Nelly Furtado, Britney Spears, new artists like Addictiv and Elise Estrada). Next would be techno/dance/Electronic (stuff like MGMT, I guess? And I always listen to the live broadcasts of radio stations, when they have DJs mixing songs together) and then old/classic rock, stuff like Nirvana (is it old yet? xD), Van Halen and, of course, the Beatles. (Eee! The Beatles! lol)

I also like hip-hop, new and old (ex: Beastie Boys, Run-D.M.C., Ludacris... yeah, anything catchy).

Some of my current favourite artists atm are 3oh!3, The New Cities, Stereos, Boys Like Girls (okay, only about one song...), etc.

Man, I hate how Paparazzi is abused on the radios these days. I remember how I'd listen to it so much last year on imeem. I really want the old version of Beautiful Dirty Rich; I love that song.

colcolstyles
September 26th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Mainly Classic Rock and Blues. I can stand Jazz and even Reggae but those first two all but dominate my iTunes library.

Jazmine Marie
September 26th, 2009, 08:36 PM
I'm pretty rounded when it comes to music genres. I listen to everything from Disturbed to Keith Urban to Flo Rida and even to Mozart. What I listen to at any given point in time depends on my mood. If I'm pissed I'll throw on some Metallica or Slayer, if I'm sad I'll listen to classical music, and if I'm happy I'll listen to some Korean hip-hop or something. I'd say that since I'm mostly happy, I generally listen to hip-hop, rap, or electronic music though.

кιd
September 26th, 2009, 09:17 PM
I do enjoy listening to R&B, Hip-hop, some Rock and some Jazz.
That's about it!

Zech
September 26th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Power/Trash/Speed metal are the ones.. And only some finnish pop from a band you definately dont know :p

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
September 27th, 2009, 04:45 PM
hmmm very difficult, but I'm going to have to go with Metalcore since my favorite Band Bullet for my Valentine is Metalcore

:t354:TG