PDA

View Full Version : Was your music taste different when you were younger?

Napalm
September 23rd, 2009, 09:20 PM
My taste was very obscure when I was 6, I liked blues-rock. The Blues Brothers were the favorite band at the time, it wasn't until I was 11, I first heard a metal song. It was Sacred Lie by Disturbed, since then, I've been into metal. I still like blues, but I also like old school rock and punk.

What's the difference in your taste?

Mitchman
September 23rd, 2009, 09:44 PM
I actually had a terrible taste and I used to listen to stuff like britney spears and N-Sync. Now I listen to classy tasteful music. Heavy Metal, Rock, Some punk you know the classy stuff!

Haza
September 23rd, 2009, 11:55 PM
I was really only limiting myself to certain R&B, Rap, Pop and little Rock. I now listen to so much more.

Tudj
September 24th, 2009, 12:59 AM
Yes REMEMBERS GOOD TIMES* Yer I used to like S-Club 7 and all that. Now that I look back I wonder what the hell I was thinking XD.

Gold warehouse
September 24th, 2009, 07:02 AM
I have always had awesome taste in music (aka. I have always been a music nerd. xD) The first album I bought was a rock opera. (b ")b

Satoshi Ookami
September 24th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Since I wasn't really listening I gotta say yes xD

Graceful
September 24th, 2009, 07:19 AM
Last Year I was into Take That & ABBA & Crappy Stuffs. Now I'm into J-pop/J-Music, R&B, Electropop and Punk-Rock-Alternative. [The ONLY Thing To Sum Up Green Day XD]

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
September 24th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Back in the day? Teen pop and rap.

Today? 80's love songs and Contemporary Christian. I'll let you judge how drastic a change that is :P

RAWR ^_^
September 24th, 2009, 09:02 AM
I pretty much loved Pop when I was younger, then kinda went through a phase when it was all Paramore, MCR etc. Now I listen to a wide varitey of music as often as I can. Pop (Particularly Electropop), RnB, Rock, Alternative, Electronic, Dance, house and so much more. I'd still have to say Pop music is my favourite genre :3

JP
September 24th, 2009, 12:10 PM
I didn't really get into listening to music until I was about 13 or so. Back then I was limited to whatever I heard on the radio, so pretty much pop music. It's quite different these days though.

michele
September 24th, 2009, 12:14 PM
when i was younger i used to be a little emo kid and listen to all rock music.
now i listen to mostly pop, rap, r&b, techno - all that good stuff.

Captain Hobo.
September 24th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Well when i was about 5 years old i loved country but now i hate it.

Manaphy1128
September 24th, 2009, 06:31 PM
When I was little, most of the stuff I like now would definitely not be played in my house (most parents don't want their kids listening to Korn or Disturbed as five-yeard olds). I was the typical little popstar with Britney Spears and Hilary Duff and Backstreet Boys and Aaron Carter. The first rock I came in contact with was Coldplay, so I started off as a easy listener type of rock. Then Mom introduced me to bands like Seether and Papa Roach and then I discovered 9.71 (the classic rock/metal station where I live). I also learned about techno/electronic pop, so yay for The Prodigy!

Cello
September 24th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Radio Disney.
[/over]

No seriously. It was all about the Backstreet Boys and all that crap back in the day.
Then I moved into rap until I realized that basically anybody can do it if you can rhyme and sound horrible.

Caelus
September 24th, 2009, 07:06 PM
I actually had a terrible taste and I used to listen to stuff like britney spears and N-Sync. Now I listen to classy tasteful music. Heavy Metal, Rock, Some punk you know the classy stuff!

This, and it was mainly because my sister listened to those songs and I didn't bother listening to other music.

Nowadays though I listen to pretty much what he mentioned, but I only started in early summer. :/

I also listen to other genres on occasion, just to see if I can expand my tastes.

Verkaufer
September 25th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Pop, stuff that would eventually appear on Kidz Bop. Then I listened to Linkin Park (oh god) around 4th or 5th grade.

B-Baller
September 26th, 2009, 04:54 PM
When I first got into music I was listening to rap. But then I got into the good stuff: metal. And recently I've gotten into prog, which is quite cool.

michele
September 26th, 2009, 05:18 PM
when i was younger i used to be a little emo kid and listen to all rock music.
now i listen to mostly pop, rap, r&b, techno - all that good stuff.
i'd also like to add that ANY song remade by the cast of "glee" is brilliant, aswell. <3

Azonic
September 26th, 2009, 05:38 PM
When I was younger, I ... almost forced myself to like music that was "cool", aka heavy metal, screamo, rock, rap, metal pots clanging, etc. >_> Ew.

Now, I'm more expressive of my taste and music and what I REALLY like. More of pop, and things that actually have a beat to it. I pretty much only listen to pop, and occasionally rock if it has a nice catchy beat rather than random instruments. <3

yvette
September 26th, 2009, 07:26 PM
I used to listen to soft kid pop like Hilary Duff. I have three CDs by her. D: And then I kind of moved on when my mom caved in and bought me a Lindsay Lohan CD (she isn't that bad a singer, you know... just a little unoriginal and emo). Then I got into stuff like Evanescence and Linkin Park. Worst phase of my life. Finally, I've moved on and I listen to a variety of music now. :'D Guitar Hero and Rockband were awesome investments.

My dad influenced me into liking stuff like ABBA (Dancing Queen, ohyes) and Black Sabbath. xD

colcolstyles
September 26th, 2009, 09:56 PM
I used to think Techno was the shiz, actually :P
But I think that my taste hasn't changed so much as the way that I listen to music. I can't really describe it but in a nutshell, I pick out the finer details of music more now than I did when I was a kid, when the only thing I would hear would be the lead vocals and guitar solos.

Mr. Avocado
September 26th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Well, not really. I used to sorta be into Pop, but im not that much into it anymore, considering that some Pop singers arent top anymore...

Mukkamoto
September 27th, 2009, 01:38 AM
I used to listen to Metal/Heavy Rock and all **** like that. Now i understand that that was all **** and moved onto hiphop/rnb/pop/rap XD

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
September 27th, 2009, 04:44 PM
my music taste hasn't changed at all really other than now I listen to piano music to improve my piano skills. I still listen to rock, punk, hardcore, post-hardcore, metalcore, Metal, Heavy Metal etc.

:t354:TG