PDA

View Full Version : Question: 4 months before you can change your username

Kishijoten
September 26th, 2009, 11:01 PM
I have one minor question to ask. Why do we have to wait a total of four months before we can change our username?.

God
September 26th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Because you have to live with your username, you made the choice to have it, you're going to stay with it until the time is up. It's also because if name changes were lowered for everyone, then the admins would be swamped with name change requests every day and eventually get piled. It's a considerate thing, really.

Swift!
September 26th, 2009, 11:04 PM
To stop people from constantly changing their usernames over and over again just because they get bored of them too quickly.

Beaten.

Master Terrador
September 26th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Being able to change your username anytime would make staff tear their hair out.
Plus some people don't stay active and a username change would be a waste of time.
Basically, If you can survive four months, your being active enough for a name change.

Beaten to the punch.

Vigilante
September 26th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Think of us as lucky. Some forums you can't change them, some you have to wait a whole year, and others you have to pay. Doesn't four months sound good now?

DestinyBender
September 27th, 2009, 01:52 AM
Think of us as lucky. Some forums you can't change them, some you have to wait a whole year, and others you have to pay. Doesn't four months sound good now?

Yes. Yes it does. I'm quite happy with my username.. maybe next year I'll change it.
Lol, I don't care that we have to wait 4 months. It's not that long.

Code
September 27th, 2009, 01:58 AM
No, it's not that long. I'm happy with my username. I fing it somewhat unique. I like unique. XD
It doesn't bother me we have to wait that long. XD

Superjub
September 27th, 2009, 02:24 AM
Althouh everyones posted their answers already, higher staff already have many duties already, including changing everyones name. :\ Look at the name change thread, and see how many names they have to change daily.:\ And as I said, they have many other things to do as well, which is why you have to endure (I say this because quite often members change their username, and after 1 day/week/month/whenever members get bored and want a new one) your new username, as they cant always be ready and waiting at the Name change requesting thread. :(

And if 4 months is such an issue, why not become a tier 4 supporter or above? :\ Then you only have to wait 3 months instead of 4. Hope I helped. :D (Yes, I know, my post is a tl;dr post xD)

Zet
September 27th, 2009, 02:50 AM
I wish you bloody wankers would delete your post if you're beaten to the post.

Also isn't it tier 3 for the 3months change?

The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
September 27th, 2009, 03:37 AM

I think tier 4 is for the 3 months change.

Graceful
September 27th, 2009, 03:42 AM

There was no need for that.

Anyway, After 4 Months Think about a Username your happy with. If not, It's just a waste of time.

Zet
September 27th, 2009, 04:16 AM
There was no need for that.

Anyway, After 4 Months Think about a Username your happy with. If not, It's just a waste of time.
If you read my post, why did you post the exact same thing as everyone else?

Destinyfate
September 27th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Well i think you cant change your username at all

Captain Hobo.
September 27th, 2009, 09:57 AM
So people don't change there username all the time.

.Seth
September 27th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Well i think you cant change your username at all
Might want to look at the stickies of this forum, kay? Kay.

Cherrim
September 27th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Because admins don't want to change names all day every day is the short and sweet answer to OP.

Now, to almost everyone in this thread, if you have nothing productive to add (ie, you're repeating everyone else), DON'T POST BECAUSE YOU ARE SPAMMING.