• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Something like hack of the month but for games??

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
Years
hi i like the idea of hack of the month/week/year :)

and i know lots of good games that could be rewarded with someting like Game of the Week/Month/Year???

thanks

(sorry if this has already been suggested)

~kian

Mitchman

Banned
Years
He meant for the game development forums where they have games. I dunno but seeing how PC has many finished hacks and only 1 finished game(I'm serious PC only has 1 fan game that is actually in completion just final staging of testing)it doesn't seem worth it to have such yet. Though Klippy a user based game of week poll is a mighty fine idea...

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
I don't know if you mean video games like Halo, GTA, etc., but the Hack of the Month/Year stuff is for user-created material.

Giving Halo 3 a "Game of the Week" award serves no real purpose as there's nothing of value in it for the members. Most of the "____ of the Week" things are to benefit the hard work of the members, not video game companies.

That is, of course, that you're referring to video games. :B

I think he means the Game Development section, which I agree for the most part if enough people are going to participate in it.
It can inspire some people to work harder on their games, so I don't see anything wrong with it.
However, I don't have anything to do with the game development, so maybe Avatar could give his two cents on the subject.

EDIT:Ninja'd >:(

MechaTrickster

Another person in the world
Years
What kind of games? Board games? Kindagarten games? Duck duck goose? But seriously that sounds like a good idea. Im guessing pc members would have a vote on the newest video games.

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
Years
yeh i think it would push people a little bit more and give them a little bit more determinataion to maybe even finish it :)

so please consider it :?

Back