PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Something like hack of the month but for games??

~Kian~
October 4th, 2009, 09:39 AM
hi i like the idea of hack of the month/week/year :)

and i know lots of good games that could be rewarded with someting like Game of the Week/Month/Year???

thanks

(sorry if this has already been suggested)

~kian

Mitchman
October 4th, 2009, 09:56 AM
He meant for the game development forums where they have games. I dunno but seeing how PC has many finished hacks and only 1 finished game(I'm serious PC only has 1 fan game that is actually in completion just final staging of testing)it doesn't seem worth it to have such yet. Though Klippy a user based game of week poll is a mighty fine idea...

Yoshimi
October 4th, 2009, 09:57 AM
I don't know if you mean video games like Halo, GTA, etc., but the Hack of the Month/Year stuff is for user-created material.

Giving Halo 3 a "Game of the Week" award serves no real purpose as there's nothing of value in it for the members. Most of the "____ of the Week" things are to benefit the hard work of the members, not video game companies.

That is, of course, that you're referring to video games. :B

I think he means the Game Development section, which I agree for the most part if enough people are going to participate in it.
It can inspire some people to work harder on their games, so I don't see anything wrong with it.
However, I don't have anything to do with the game development, so maybe Avatar could give his two cents on the subject.

EDIT:Ninja'd >:(

MechaTrickster
October 4th, 2009, 10:01 AM
What kind of games? Board games? Kindagarten games? Duck duck goose? But seriously that sounds like a good idea. Im guessing pc members would have a vote on the newest video games.

~Kian~
October 4th, 2009, 12:24 PM
yeh i think it would push people a little bit more and give them a little bit more determinataion to maybe even finish it :)

so please consider it :?