PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: DSi-Friendly Pokécommunity website

Team Fail
October 4th, 2009, 04:02 PM
I often visit the Pokécommunity on my Nintendo DSi, and sometimes, pages can take anywhere from 2 minutes to load to not loading at all (Such examples are the FAQ section). If there was a DSi friendly version, with simple ads to reduce memory use, and smaller images to further reduce memory use, as well as a different skin that is simple, yet aesthecally pleasing, that also reduces memory use, that would be great. Do you think it would be possible, especially concerning that DSi's are becoming more and more popular, and that they only have like 250 Megabytes of memory (not 100% sure the exact amount)?

.Seth
October 4th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Try the iPhone skin. It's pretty low-fi.
Also try http://www.pokecommunity.mobi .

No, you fail
October 4th, 2009, 04:09 PM
basically you are talking about a PC mobile? that may be possible but especially that most people come on PC on phones, dsi's, etc. but highly unlikely although i will agree a PC mobile would be nice as i access PC through my Itouch half the time.

Team Fail
October 4th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Try the iPhone skin. It's pretty low-fi.
Also try http://www.pokecommunity.mobi .

I tried www.pokecommunity.mobi and I couldn't access the forums. Oh well. But, I did try the iPhone skin, and it works suprisingly well. In fact, it worked too well, as I always thought the vBulletin default was the best to use, so, I think I'll stick with the iPhone skin. Thanks.

FlameShocker
October 4th, 2009, 04:29 PM
How do you use the iphone skin?

Team Fail
October 4th, 2009, 04:33 PM
How do you use the iphone skin?

At the bottom of the page, there is a style chooser. Click on the arrow and a list will appear. At the very bottom, it will say iPhone. Click it. There! The skin has been set to iPhone!

Hint: The style chooser can be accessed from almost any page, I think.

FlameShocker
October 4th, 2009, 04:34 PM
At the bottom of the page, there is a style chooser. Click on the arrow and a list will appear. At the very bottom, it will say iPhone. Click it. There! The skin has been set to iPhone!

Hint: The style chooser can be accessed from almost any page, I think.
Thanks. I thought that might be how to do it, but I was too lazy to try it out.

General Bravo
October 5th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Wouldn't be a bad idea. Course, I'm usin a Wii now. But still.

Sajuuk
October 5th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Computer mostly, but sometimes from my iPod Touch.

This topic really belongs in OVP IMO. :\

.Seth
October 5th, 2009, 01:16 PM
I'd like to know how a suggestion for the community (which, really has already been answered) belongs in OVP.
"Oh, but he added a poll about what you use!" It belongs in a different thread, if anything.

Morkula
October 5th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Computer mostly, but sometimes from my iPod Touch.

And this is why you're not a mod, Spey. Leave well enough alone and stop pretending to be one.
Besides, the poll is secondary. The thread is a discussion about mobile browser accessibility for PC, which is perfectly fine in Q&F. Your post, actually, contributes nothing to the thread.

Archer
October 5th, 2009, 02:14 PM
If it's of any relevance to the OP, I believe the staff were working on a mobile theme for PC. When that comes around, it should be appropriate.

cyrus31
October 5th, 2009, 03:47 PM
a version for the dsi is a good idea :-0

Team Fail
October 12th, 2009, 04:26 PM
a version for the dsi is a good idea :-0

Thanks, cyrus31! The DSi doesn't work on all mobile sites, and the PC mocile website doesn't seem to have a link to the threads, unfortunately. I like the honest responses from everyone, so thanks to you all! And, just from looking at the poll and some of your responses, even though most of us use a computer to access PC, some of us use iPods and iPhones, as well as a Wii.