PDA

View Full Version : "Sliding Into Seventh!" Episode Discussion

Charaxes
October 9th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Here is where you can discuss the battle for the Icicle Badge in "Sliding Into Seventh!"

My review to come forthwith.

(May or may not be my last one. If not this week's, then next week's.)

Samme!
October 10th, 2009, 08:38 AM
I think Ash needs to stop winning by sheer luck D:

Spinor
October 10th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Good Episode. Still wondering when Dawn will freeze her legs off.

I tried to record the episode but my CPU wasn't good enough for Haupaugge :( I'll try next week's through A/V instead of Cable

Jorah
October 11th, 2009, 05:16 AM
Not much to say since it's a gym battle episode

- Wow, Gliscor hit into the wall o.O
- Obama wins against Grotle
- Haha, I like the shot of Candice when she sort of looms over Ash
- Paul ~

Music kept: (9)

Satoshi's Battle Decision
Team Rocket's Sneaking theme
Ash and Candice on the battle field
Grotle uses Energy Ball
GSC Rival Encounter theme remix
Sinnoh Team Rocket Motto theme
Team Aqua/Magma Battle theme
Advance Adventure Instrumental
Prof Rowan's theme

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
October 11th, 2009, 11:30 AM
It's always better when me and my brother watch it together.
Funny, funny.

Abomasnow looked pretty intense in this episode, pretty epic,
and I liked how it sounded like he was saying "Obama" XD

Candace needs a hint of maturity in her voice.
She sounds like a screaming fangirl type. Seriously. T_T
And be more modest, like in the games.

Satoshi Ookami
October 11th, 2009, 11:40 AM
The sliding Chimchar was the best part of episode xD
But what I don't get is Candace... as poster above me said USA dub made her like 10 years old...

And the end with Paul? Pure awesomeness :D He just pops up and "I wanna challenge ya to a battle" :D

False Flag
October 11th, 2009, 11:55 AM
I think Ash needs to stop winning by sheer luck D:

Ash used Action Replay because Obamasnow's ability is Snow Warning, which makes it hail. Blizzard should not have missed Chimchar in hail since it's never miss accuray in hail. Candice should have made Obamasnow hold Occa Berry, since that berry weakens fire moves.

Good Episode. Still wondering when Dawn will freeze her legs off.

I tried to record the episode but my CPU wasn't good enough for Haupaugge :( I'll try next week's through A/V instead of Cable

Forgot Dawn, Candice's skirt is even shorter than her's. It's a surpise that neither got hyperthermia, lol.

The sliding Chimchar was the best part of episode xD

Very true. :)

But what I don't get is Candace... as poster above me said USA dub made her like 10 years old...

She wears a skirt shorter than Dawn's in the winter. Nuff said.

And the end with Paul? Pure awesomeness :D He just pops up and "I wanna challenge ya to a battle" :D

I agree, epic.

Wings Don't Cry
October 11th, 2009, 07:49 PM
I was a bit disappointed, I wanted to see Frosslass in Candice's team instead I got Medicham. Now I'm just gonna expect an Octillery in Volkner's team.

carmelhadinosaur
October 12th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Nice episode, quite a cool battle. But even Chimchar was like "wtf?" when Abomasnow lost.
Also Staraptor, or was it Chimchar, won too easily..

Amore
October 12th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Yeah, my only dissapointment was the ominous music when Paul appeared. I mean, wtf??? It's not like he's evil or something, and they aren't gonna stick around to watch his battle, are they??(it's obvious he'll win, he's better than Ash)

Charaxes
October 12th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Ash used Action Replay because Obamasnow's ability is Snow Warning, which makes it hail. Blizzard should not have missed Chimchar in hail since it's never miss accuray in hail. Candice should have made Obamasnow hold Occa Berry, since that berry weakens fire moves.

Forgot Dawn, Candice's skirt is even shorter than her's. It's a surpise that neither got hyperthermia, lol.

Which begs a good question, has the anime ever used the Attack dampening Berries? I don't think they have, have they?

And I think you mean hypothermia, but you were close.

Jorah
October 12th, 2009, 11:26 PM
I think the only type of berries they've used that had purpose other than to make PokeBlocks/Poffins was the Oran Berry which restored health

Polizard
October 13th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Candices voice is so annoying its so high pitch she dose sound like a screaming fan girl (like stated above)

False Flag
October 15th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Which begs a good question, has the anime ever used the Attack dampening Berries? I don't think they have, have they?

Probably not. They've only used the Oran/Sitrus berries. An Occa Berry would have turned the match towards Candice's favor.

And I think you mean hypothermia, but you were close.

Yeah, sorry about that. Maybe they are wearing several layers of skin colored stockings.

Charaxes
October 15th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Probably not. They've only used the Oran/Sitrus berries. An Occa Berry would have turned the match towards Candice's favor.

Yeah, sorry about that. Maybe they are wearing several layers of skin colored stockings.

I haven't seen the match, so I can't comment. In my gaming experiences, those type of Berries have been a pain, but it isn't impossible to prevail, either.

No worries. Just wanted to point that out.

(Yeah! Flesh colored leggings, which would make sense. Heh.)

Trap-Eds
October 15th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Now that was a fun 25 minutes. :D What with Obamasnow's "tough guy" act and Paul randomly appearing at the end, 10/10!!

Masquerainisthajam
October 16th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Isn't it just me, or is Candice's last Pokemon named ABOMASNOW and not OBAMASNOW? That Pokemon's does not in any way act like or resemble our current President (just to throw that out there) :)

It was amazing how Abomasnow knocked out Staraptor and Grotle with just one hit though.

Candices voice is so annoying its so high pitch she dose sound like a screaming fan girl (like stated above)

I agree. It was a pain to hear her talk. I actually enjoyed trying to understand what Fantina from Hearthome was saying than listening to Candice.

False Flag
October 16th, 2009, 08:22 AM
I haven't seen the match, so I can't comment. In my gaming experiences, those type of Berries have been a pain, but it isn't impossible to prevail, either.

Those types of berries are very good in the Battle Frontier though. I use Shuca berry (weakens ground moves) and Chople berry (weakens fighting moves) on my Magnezone and Aggron and Passho Berry (weakens water moves) on my Armaldo.

No worries. Just wanted to point that out.

Yep.

(Yeah! Flesh colored leggings, which would make sense. Heh.)

Yeah, but I still kinda like Candice's outfit. School girl. ^_^

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
October 16th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Was I the only one shouting "WAT WAT WAT" at Abomasnow's Ice Punch? Snorlax's ice punch was only ever a normal punch with a bit of a blue glow - why does Abomasnow have the ability to fire a whole blizzard from its hand? Surely that attack is, um, blizzard?

Charaxes
October 16th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Was I the only one shouting "WAT WAT WAT" at Abomasnow's Ice Punch? Snorlax's ice punch was only ever a normal punch with a bit of a blue glow - why does Abomasnow have the ability to fire a whole blizzard from its hand? Surely that attack is, um, blizzard?

I think that would fit the "New Powers as the Plot Demands" TV trope.

False Flag
October 18th, 2009, 11:35 AM

Obamasnow gets STAB on Ice Punch, unlike Snorlax. Really, Obamasnow's never miss Blizzard due to auto hail is the much better attack though.

Blue_Drifblim
October 18th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Fun battle. I thought it was pretty interesting for them to have a 4 on 4 battle. Chimchar sliding on ice was neat. Also, Meowth's huge laugh when they went to the storage room was wierd, but funny.

On to the final gym!

False Flag
October 20th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Fun battle. I thought it was pretty interesting for them to have a 4 on 4 battle. Chimchar sliding on ice was neat. Also, Meowth's huge laugh when they went to the storage room was wierd, but funny.

On to the final gym!

Strategy is the key to victory.