PDA

View Full Version : Font Color

Kipkip
October 13th, 2004, 05:09 PM
I've notice some members use differnet font color in their post. Well, for me, it's getting really frustrating. I'm using different layouts and sometimes I can't see the person's message because it's in a different color and isn't readable without highlighting it.
So I think there should be one preset color font on each layout and not have the poster change it. Of course this is just my opinon. Not sure about anyone else.

Timbjerr
October 13th, 2004, 05:35 PM
I'm gonna have to agree with you on this. Reading pink font on "Green's Ivy is no fun at all. >_<

can't you people be considerate enough to think that NOT EVERYONE USES THE FORUM'S DEFAULT SKIN?

aRedMoon
October 13th, 2004, 06:09 PM
I know. Hence why I don't use pink often.

And if you don't like it, too bad. Some people enjoy having a color.

There is such thing as highlighting.

Geometric-sama
October 13th, 2004, 07:49 PM
I have to agree with Kip-kip and Tommy. You know my opinion on this, Greggy. I've commented on YOUR font colour several times, IIRC.

aRedMoon
October 13th, 2004, 07:52 PM
And like I've said, there is such thing as highlighting.

Purin
October 13th, 2004, 08:52 PM
And like I've said, there is such thing as highlighting.
Yes, unless people are not using a mouse, and uses the "Tab" key all the time. (I think I used to do that) But I think those make up a minority of users here.
I don't use fonts of a different colour unless I have a good reason to.

Geometric-sama
October 13th, 2004, 11:14 PM
Highlighting is.... annoying. o_O It's harder to read highlighted anyway XD. *glares @ Greggy and random person somewhere*

Takuyas_Angel
October 14th, 2004, 07:29 AM
i agree with greg using fonts is fun cuz the text normally used is boring and i try to make text easier to see but it probably isnt but greg's right

Dragonfree
October 14th, 2004, 07:39 AM
I just don't get why it's fun to make your text colored differently. What, to get attention? So that everybody knows it's you speaking? So everybody knows that you have no respect for other people? Oh please. The default font colors are there for a reason, which is that they are EASY TO READ. Highlighting text is annoying and eye-hurting. Stop it, please.

Castrainer
October 14th, 2004, 08:06 AM
Oh, yah? I hate highlightning --;;
Maybe we could have an option at the User CP that "enables Altered Fonts" or something like that... o__o;;

Geometric-sama
October 14th, 2004, 02:58 PM
That would be a really good idea, if we could make it happen. An option that lets you strip "color" tags. But would that affect sig colours too?

aRedMoon
October 14th, 2004, 03:05 PM
Most likely yes. -_-

But if you aren't gonna read post colors, why read sig colors?

Takuyas_Angel
October 14th, 2004, 03:11 PM
thats true and besides what do you think the colors are for anyway? if no one can use colors on PC then it wouldnt be right! Thats what the colors are for! XD I have a hard time seeing greg's text but usaully i just highlight it or something or i look at it more closely cuz i use the midnight misty theme 0_o

Geometric-sama
October 14th, 2004, 03:41 PM
We have to be careful we don't go the way of SPPF. :P

Takuyas_Angel
October 14th, 2004, 03:43 PM
We have to be careful we don't go the way of SPPF. :P
SPPF? What does that mean? besides i like the colors cuz theres alot of them that are really pretty XD

Kipkip
October 14th, 2004, 05:02 PM
Maybe we can have only the font colors that work on all layouts. Just a suggestion.

EDIT:
Oh, yah? I hate highlightning --;;
Maybe we could have an option at the User CP that "enables Altered Fonts" or something like that... o__o;;
I like that idea. I just thought about it after I posted.

Geometric-sama
October 14th, 2004, 08:00 PM
But there is no font colour that works on every layout because we have things ranging from white to dark blue...

Takuyas_Angel
October 15th, 2004, 09:05 AM
and theres also no point in taking the colors off cuz then you cant use them in your siggys and i like that!

cranium
October 15th, 2004, 10:38 AM
ok there is only a minoority of people on this forum ho use different colours
so there is 2 options
-dont worry about it because not many people are selfish enough to do it anyway
-stop people using different font colours and seen as there isnt many then its not a big issue

Kairi
October 15th, 2004, 12:11 PM
An option to just ignore font styling would probably be the easier way. No idea how to add that though. =\

aRedMoon
October 15th, 2004, 12:21 PM
It'd have to be a hack.

Something similar to how you can set it to strip out the [img] code.

Kairi
October 15th, 2004, 12:22 PM
I want the code that doesn’t process any other code inside it, if only for explaining to newbies how to use tags. ;_;

aRedMoon
October 15th, 2004, 12:23 PM
Aye. We need a "Please Install This Hack" thread...

Kairi
October 15th, 2004, 12:30 PM
Or better yet more people with FTP access. XP *nod nod*

aRedMoon
October 15th, 2004, 12:32 PM
That'd work too I guess...

Try making a custom BBCode using the <textbox> code. o_o

Geometric-sama
October 17th, 2004, 04:32 AM
But Abby, I'm sure you can't be trusted with FTP access. Imagine. We'd come to PC one day and instead of seeing the forum we'd just see a big Abby x Sawah pic.

Kairi
October 17th, 2004, 01:09 PM
Or we’d see the hacks installed and fixed images and the like~

Geometric-sama
October 17th, 2004, 05:09 PM
I'm more inclined to go with my earlier view. :P

aRedMoon
October 17th, 2004, 05:26 PM
Or we’d see the hacks installed and fixed images and the like~
But you don't have access to the vBulletin forums. :P

Geometric-sama
October 17th, 2004, 05:44 PM
There you go! So the only thing she could do is MY hypothesis. PC ==> Abby x Sawah shrine. XD

aaaaaa
October 20th, 2004, 04:27 AM
The forum COULD use an Abby x Sawah shrine
</pointless revival>

Kairi
October 20th, 2004, 03:27 PM
I could get Casey’s license. >=l

Of course if we just got like the two or three we needed, would be kinda irrelevant since I have little to add to the skins and stuff. <_<

Geometric-sama
October 21st, 2004, 05:24 PM
Aha. XD

If you REALLY want an Abby x Sawah shrine I'll make it for you. What colour do you want it? Hot pink?