PDA

View Full Version : Series that SHOULD be movies.

Z34guy
October 10th, 2009, 03:01 AM
This is a thread to suggest book/anime/cartoon/book/manga series that SHOULD be movies instead of the crap they feed us at the movie theatres.

Here are my thoughts

First off. there is no need for a Dragon Ball Z live action movie. ever. I think they should have done a live action movie of D.N.Angel in it's place

Also, I believe Phineas and Ferb would make a good family live-action movie as "Cloudy with a chance of meatballs" looks really stupid.

And Twilight needs to be shot and left to die. They ruined it. I think a live-action 3D movie version of the "Danny Phantom" series should've been done in it's place. Vampires shouldn't sparkle.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Mitchman
October 10th, 2009, 03:52 AM
Where the hell is my Friends Reunion movie? Sex and the City had one so yeah.

Azonic
October 10th, 2009, 06:58 AM
FlashForward has always looked extremely movie-like to me. XD But eh, I enjoy the new things that add to the storyline.

Graceful
October 10th, 2009, 07:00 AM
The Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Series. Even though it's just acts and the special act goes up to a hour. They could however make up a newer storyline for a movie.

Rai-chan
October 10th, 2009, 07:05 AM
The Legend of Zelda!! WOO! (if that counts, its a videogame) If not, then I think they should remake Eragon.. that movie.. was... bad.

Klippy
October 10th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Uh, I'd love to see one of my favorite books, Prayers for the Assassin, turned into a film. It'd definitely be a good drama-thriller.

JP
October 10th, 2009, 07:42 AM
How about video games? I'd love to see an Assassin's Creed movie some day. :P As for an anime, I can see The Girl Who Leapt Through Time turned into a live-action film. I honestly can't think of anything else. :(

Zodiac Realm
October 10th, 2009, 08:04 AM
The Legend of Zelda!! WOO! (if that counts, its a videogame) If not, then I think they should remake Eragon.. that movie.. was... bad.
its not just a video game there was also a very bad cartoon of it.

Houndour2004
October 10th, 2009, 11:56 AM
I hope for Krypto the Super Dog!

Z34guy
October 10th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Wow. everyone cares about movies... O.o I agree. the legend of Zelda should have a movie. There was a trailor for one a while back, but it turned out to be fake. And of course video games count. I was just tired when I made this thread and couldn't think.

Dukey
October 10th, 2009, 02:53 PM
The Day After Tomorrow series would be a pretty awesome movie series imo.

Persian Princess
October 10th, 2009, 03:24 PM
The Abarat and Sabriel books OwO

Though I think Disney now owns the rights to any possible Abarat movies...*sigh*

Z34guy
October 10th, 2009, 05:10 PM
the Sabriel book series would make an epic movie series!

PKFL_531
October 10th, 2009, 06:30 PM
There are times when I dream of the Mother Trilogy being movies.

I can imagine it now, Itoi's name is fading away, while "Mother Earth" plays its sweet, nostalgic sounds. Then, a pitch-black screen appears, showing the title, MOTHER, with the O replaced by a slowly spinning globe in 8-bit graphics... Then, the 8-bit title will fade away and words come up on screen;
"It was the early 1980's rural U.S.A., and there was a couple, who mysteriously disappeared, Maria and George. Years later, George cam back... Soon, George started a private study all to himself, never speaking of Maria ever again."

Oh! I wish it was a movie... I wish all 3 of them were movies...

Graceful
October 11th, 2009, 01:36 AM
the Sabriel book series would make an epic movie series!
Yeah But With Disney....No Chance.
Hmmm.......Maybe a Kingdom Hearts Movie? That would be awesome! *_*

Wings Don't Cry
October 11th, 2009, 02:44 AM
There should be a movie trilogy for Final Fantasy II. It was the only FF game below 6 to not have a generic FF plot(collect the crystals).

Graceful
October 11th, 2009, 03:12 AM
Or a Final Fantasy 6 Movie. The it could be awesoeme!

yvette
October 11th, 2009, 08:50 AM
I would like to see a Halo movie. T.T

Other than that, I can't think of a movie they should make for a TV series. lol

Spherical Ice
October 11th, 2009, 09:13 AM
The Power of Five Books deserve movies. If there was a movie, it better not give Horowitz a bad name. I love his books. =P

Rai-chan
October 11th, 2009, 09:48 AM
its not just a video game there was also a very bad cartoon of it.
I saw an episode of that once. it made me laugh. "Excuse me, princess!!" goodness that show was disturbing.

Lollypop
October 11th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Cherub series by Robert Muchamore? They are a prettygood series.

Star★Seeker
October 11th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Hmmm.......Maybe a Kingdom Hearts Movie? That would be awesome! *_*

OH MY GOD! YESSSS! <3

I think LoZ and Code Geass might make some good movies.

poopnoodle
October 11th, 2009, 09:33 PM
How about a non-animated TV show? I'm thinking Arrested Development, which I watched religiously until its untimely demise.

MiniEggs
October 12th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Danny Phantom, perhaps a sequal to the Thunderbirds live action film. Dexters lab XD

SPEEDIE
October 12th, 2009, 01:04 PM
I think that Star Wars The Force Unleashed should get a movie
and so should Family Guy

Z34guy
October 12th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Danny Phantom
SOMEONE WHO AGREES! FINALLY! ^.^

AmazingCouchPotato
October 13th, 2009, 01:00 AM
I can agree with Danny Phantom that would a good show, I'd like to to see the fairly odd parents as a movie :D

Masterge77
October 13th, 2009, 03:19 AM
A pokemon live action movie would OWN the box offices, it would make oven more money than Shreck or Harry Potter, cause it's Pokemon for petes sake. I also agree with the Danny Phantom live action movie idea.......

Zodiac Realm
October 13th, 2009, 09:16 AM
pikmin should get a movie!.....yes im serious!!!

Houndour2004
October 13th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Father of the Pride and Star Fox Adventures!

KUROXFAI
October 15th, 2009, 03:12 PM
I think Tim Burton could do a nice job with xxxHolic, or they just need to do a movie of xxxHolic

i think Legal Drug, Angelic Layer, Ouran High School Host club might be an ok movie. OK, all series done by clamp need either a show or a movie.....
they need to remake Eragon they ruined it the first time.
they need to make all Tamora Pierce books into movies
they need to make all Redwall books into movies, i think they should make W Juliet movie(manga is all its got right now), Hana-Kimi needs a movie *gasps* to many brain over loading will post more books needing movies now
Once Were Cops would make a really good movie
Sea Hunter would make a really good movie
The Wave Walkers series would make a really good movie
Vampirates could be a really well done movie series

i can't think of any more right now but i for shure will post many more titles
(p.s. they should not make a movie out of The lightning theif the series sucked and i hated them they are just going to kill people with the horrible movie they are making for it)

dannichols
October 20th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Well, I was thinking that TUGS and Theodore Tugboat could have had a movie. (Thomas The Tank Engine has one already)

I was also thinking that Mermaid Melody, Tokyo Mew Mew, Kirarin Revolution, and Gakuen Alice could have movies as well.

Rainflower
October 20th, 2009, 07:01 PM
I would love to see Ace Attorney games series getting an animated movie. Other than that, a tv series of it would be interesting.