PDA

View Full Version : Most underappreciated anime?

Tonitonichopchop
October 12th, 2009, 03:28 AM
I basicly just want to know what everyone thinks is an unapreciated anime. I'll list mine first:

Hoshi No Kirby (Kirby of the stars, or in the US Kirby right back at ya!)
Sonic X
Astro Boy (2003 version)
Detective Conan (I feel epspecially sorry for this one)

Detective Conan has been getting better treatment recently though, so if I needed to choose one it would be Sonic X just because I'm a Sonic fan :classic:

Wings Don't Cry
October 12th, 2009, 03:55 AM
One Piece - I know this is pretty popular but so many people treat it like crap because they've seen up to Skypia on 4kids and think it's not worth it and then watch like four of the beginning episodes in Japanese and don't like the voices. Water 7 is like when the story really starts to pick up and the voices were changed after Season 1. Also people seem to dislike it because Luffy hasn't found One Piece, that's such a hypocritical thing to say when they like Naruto and they think it's fine that he never becomes Hokage.

Dragonball - I'm not talking about Z, I'm talking about the original series where they actually used techniques and strategies in their fights. People don't seem to like because they didn't just power up and use a strong energy blast 50 times for the whole fight and Super Saiyan.

derozio
October 12th, 2009, 03:59 AM
OMG I didn't knew that Detective conan was underrated! I think that it was a really fantastic anime!

Detective conan- It had a really good plot. It was also made using wits. Conan was cute! :P

I think that these two reasons are enough for making it pretty popular coz most of the anime made nowadays don't have these things. o3o

Tonitonichopchop
October 12th, 2009, 05:52 AM
One Piece - I know this is pretty popular but so many people treat it like crap because they've seen up to Skypia on 4kids and think it's not worth it and then watch like four of the beginning episodes in Japanese and don't like the voices. Water 7 is like when the story really starts to pick up and the voices were changed after Season 1. Also people seem to dislike it because Luffy hasn't found One Piece, that's such a hypocritical thing to say when they like Naruto and they think it's fine that he never becomes Hokage.

Dragonball - I'm not talking about Z, I'm talking about the original series where they actually used techniques and strategies in their fights. People don't seem to like because they didn't just power up and use a strong energy blast 50 times for the whole fight and Super Saiyan.

One piece "Was" but with the start of the simulcast on funimation.com and the uncut releases I think the series is starting to take off in America.

Unrelated, but if you want, I think you should join my group. It's a really good One Piece group and I've been trying to get more members (We have eleven as of now). If you really like One Piece I think you would enjoy it.

OMG I didn't knew that Detective conan was underrated! I think that it was a really fantastic anime!

Detective conan- It had a really good plot. It was also made using wits. Conan was cute! :P

I think that these two reasons are enough for making it pretty popular coz most of the anime made nowadays don't have these things. o3o

I agree with you, Conan is great. That's why it's such a shame that the series has a very small fanbase in America. Why must good anime die in America?

solopy567
October 12th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Detective Conan is just too long. I dont think anybody has the time to watch over 550 episodes of one show.

twocows
October 12th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Now I KNOW this one already exists, since I just made it about a week back. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=195027

Having said that, I think Kanon (2006 especially) is underrated. I mean, sure, there are a lot of fans, but there are so many people who seem to needlessly hate the series. For starters, I don't understand how anyone with a soul could not cry during the conclusion of Makoto's arc. Plus, there's Ayu. What's not to love?

Also, Yuuichi = successful troll.

Graceful
October 12th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Sailor Moon~ It's been extinct since PGSM(2005). The Anime is NOT showing anymore apart from next Year in Japan & Italy. :( It died in America/Japan/UK/Canada/Italy/Korea/etc.

Tonitonichopchop
October 12th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Detective Conan is just too long. I dont think anybody has the time to watch over 550 episodes of one show.

One Piece is nearly just as long and it's still great. I took me nearly half a year to catch up to the anime so if I can do it I'm sure someone else would.

Now I KNOW this one already exists, since I just made it about a week back. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=195027

Having said that, I think Kanon (2006 especially) is underrated. I mean, sure, there are a lot of fans, but there are so many people who seem to needlessly hate the series. For starters, I don't understand how anyone with a soul could not cry during the conclusion of Makoto's arc. Plus, there's Ayu. What's not to love?

Also, Yuuichi = successful troll.

I've never seen it before, so I won't judge.

Sailor Moon~ It's been extinct since PGSM(2005). The Anime is NOT showing anymore apart from next Year in Japan & Italy. :( It died in America/Japan/UK/Canada/Italy/Korea/etc.

Yeah, I've heard about that. I heard alot about the dub but I never got into it. I feel your pain (It's sad when any anime dies).

digi-kun
October 12th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Twocows is right btw (please report it when you do though XD)

go here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=195027

/closed