PDA

View Full Version : Question: Is there any way to search for a specific VM?

Feign
October 13th, 2009, 04:47 PM
I can't seem to find a way but I'm looking for a specific VM (probably embedded in the middle somewhere of my own pages).

Zet
October 13th, 2009, 06:12 PM
CTRL+F

Then type some words in the search box to help locate the VM.

Yuri Lowell
October 13th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Wait, is it one of those issues were the notification won't go away?

Cello
October 13th, 2009, 06:24 PM
CTRL+F

Then type some words in the search box to help locate the VM.

Well, that's a way to do it, but it only searches as far as the displayed VMs on that one page. I think Feign means searching for a specific VM through pages of them, which can't be done from the looks of it. D:

Feign
October 13th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Well, that's a way to do it, but it only searches as far as the displayed VMs on that one page. I think Feign means searching for a specific VM through pages of them, which can't be done from the looks of it. D:

t'is what I thought. I'm looking for a specific link, so at least that will be eye catching.

Dr Gregory House
October 14th, 2009, 08:58 PM
that'd be a nice feature.
sort of like searching the posts/threads of a user... but having a custom search for vm's.
that's what you mean, yeah?

Feign
October 14th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Yeah, very much so. Especially for those who have now hundreds of pages.

Caliban
October 14th, 2009, 10:13 PM
That would be SOOO handy. I've had that problem before and (as you know) it's unbelievably annoying.

If there's not one, is it possible to install/add one?

Cello
October 15th, 2009, 04:15 AM
I'm all for the idea too. You can even search through the blogs and your PMs, but not VMs. D:

.Seth
October 15th, 2009, 04:20 AM
I think this would be a very useful idea. I usually don't search my VM's for something, but there is this one thing I need to look up in there. And it's probably a couple hundred pages back. D:

The only problem I see with this is if VM's aren't stored in a database (care to clarify, somebody?), then it might not be able to search through them.