PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon PSP

Alont
October 14th, 2009, 02:56 PM
We all know that the PSP can emulate the gameboy (and the DS soon) and play those pokemon games, but i had the idea: Why not make a pokemon game specifically for PSP?
I mean, the graphics would be great, its an opportunity for skilled scripters to challenge themselves.
If I get enough people who are skilled at tile creating ( high graphic tiles ) mapping, scripting, music and anything else needed i would like to assemble a team and try to create a game.

Thoughts, comments?

xXI JOE IXx
October 14th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Impossible, because its still a hack of a gba/ds game. Meaning you can't raise up the graphics

Alont
October 14th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Who said this will be a hack?
I had the intention of making an actual game.

pokejungle
October 14th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Who said this will be a hack?
I had the intention of making an actual game.
Still nearly impossible, and really, to outshine DPPt you'd need to enter the realm of 3D, since already Pt runs on a 3D engine (albeit, an underused / dowright cruddy one). Coding that from scratch would at least require an insider's knowledge of PSP game development.

But if you want to make a hack that is playable through an emulator on the PSP, w00t?

Alont
October 14th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Can a hack be played through an emulator on the PSP?

pokejungle
October 14th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Well I don't do hack dev, but I know that there are types that are 'patches' for files, but there are also stand alone files (.gba or something) that can be distributed. So I don't see why you couldn't use a hack that was a normal file that the emulator can handle.

Jak
October 14th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Ugh. PSP. Gross. Sorry, Vrai/Cirno/Manipulation if this is in the wrong section, but it ain't welcome in my section.

Moved;

NarutoActor
October 14th, 2009, 05:03 PM
wroung section this is not a rom hack
what you can do is A make a homebrew or B) hack a psp iso if you are good at ether one and get some good progessine PM me and I will sprite and make tiles for you animated or not.

aquadan
October 14th, 2009, 08:13 PM
cos the PSP is made by SONY!
damn ignorance

Sarcastic Prince
October 15th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Ugh. PSP. Gross.

Gross?! No way! It's awesome!

Anyways, no, it'll be impossible to have a Pokemon Game for the
PSP, reasons are:
1. Pokemon is a Ninendo Game
and Nintendo Games will only be in
Nintendo Consoles, meaning that
Golden Sun, Mario, etc. Will only
be in Nintendo Consoles.

2. Why would you want to PUT a Pokemon
Game in a PSP Emulator?
It just doesn't sound right at all.

That's it. All of my opinions and stuff.
Good bye.

trademan5656
October 15th, 2009, 12:11 AM
Using a psp to emulate a GBA is just like a PC right? Emulators on PC use a .gba file extension, so why wouldnt a pokemon hack work? Pokemon already works good on a PSP, so just clean a Fire red or Ruby hack, and start from scratch. Wouldn't be too hard.

Ninja Caterpie
October 15th, 2009, 01:00 AM
Using a psp to emulate a GBA is just like a PC right? Emulators on PC use a .gba file extension, so why wouldnt a pokemon hack work? Pokemon already works good on a PSP, so just clean a Fire red or Ruby hack, and start from scratch. Wouldn't be too hard.

Because the thread starter wants a PSP Pokemon game, not a Pokemon hack run on a PSP.

Pikablu Lv.X
October 15th, 2009, 01:22 AM
Cool story bro.

Due to a lawsuit, emulation capabilities are going to be removed off later models of the PSP.

So there.

Hashtag
October 15th, 2009, 02:56 AM
@SSS: I think I hate you o:< lol jk

Either way, I don't think we'll get a decent discussion out of this.