PDA

View Full Version : Rapidash, Ninetales, or Arcanine? You pick!

Rainflower
October 16th, 2009, 04:12 AM
I personally prefer Ninetales. Second is Rapidash, the last one is Arcanine.
Vulpix is awesome, appearance-wise and technique-wise.

I use Rapidash in most of my DPPt games, and it proved to be quite good. Nice speed, attack and special attack, though its defense is fragile.
And Arcanine..? Meh, I don't understand why people likes it. Growlithe is harder to raise than Vulpix. D:

False Flag
October 16th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Ninetails, because it is the Kyuubi!!!!!!

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs13/300W/f/2007/112/1/5/Naruto_Pokemon__18_Tails_by_EiffelArt.jpg

derozio
October 16th, 2009, 08:42 AM
I vote for Arcanine. Its much better than the others. :P ( I can't ignore the fact that both ninetales and rapidash are good too. But statwise, Arcanine PWNS them! XD)

And Arcanine..? Meh, I don't understand why people likes it. Growlithe is harder to raise than Vulpix. D:

That's because the hard work pays off in the end. Arcanine is REALLY a good pokemon.

Ninetails, because it is the Kyuubi!!!!!!

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs13/300W/f/2007/112/1/5/Naruto_Pokemon__18_Tails_by_EiffelArt.jpg
No it isn't. This pic is probably made by a fan. (I know coz I too watch naruto! XD)
They are made on the same base(fox) but they are totally different beings. -_-

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
October 16th, 2009, 09:33 AM
I like rapidash :D *is totally masculine*

Seriously, I just tried putting a ponyta on my Platinum team, and I was pleasantly surprised when it beat Roark's Cranidos XD

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty
October 16th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Rapidash. Ponyta was my homeboy when I first played Pokémon Blue. XD

DonRoyale
October 16th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Well, let's see.

Arcanine is fanboy bait and is strong, but its movepool is absolute donkey poop.

Rapidash is fast and can be useful sometimes, but is for the most part rather subpar.

Ninetales has Nasty Plot and a decent movepool to work with.

So Ninetales wins.

Didn't we have a running poll on Ninetales vs. Arcanine? :V

killer95
October 16th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Arcanine just owns everyone on my platinum and i think is even better than my magmortar who i just love

Demigod
October 16th, 2009, 01:21 PM
The only bad point about aracanine is that it cannot learn earthquake. Other then that he's beast.

Azonic
October 16th, 2009, 02:49 PM
I love Rapidash's design. It's not extraordinary and totally out of the box or anything, but unicorns with fiery manes are just so ... <3333 awesome.

Scarlet the plusle
October 16th, 2009, 03:20 PM
ninetails caus foxes pwn plus it's beutiful, majestic, and strong. And i think arcanine is overated i mean it's like a tiger dog thing idk wats up with it. And don't get me started with rapidash, i mean horses r ok, but this isn't the sattle club!

Ayselipera
October 16th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Ninetales for sure. I loved it from the moment I saw it!
Then Rapidash. Its a unicorn. It still amazes me.
Last would be Arcanine. I just never had a thing for it.

Rainflower
October 16th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Well, let's see.

Arcanine is fanboy bait and is strong, but its movepool is absolute donkey poop.

Rapidash is fast and can be useful sometimes, but is for the most part rather subpar.

Ninetales has Nasty Plot and a decent movepool to work with.

So Ninetales wins.

Didn't we have a running poll on Ninetales vs. Arcanine? :V

^ agreed. XD

this time with extra Rapidash, three Kanto Fire-type other than Charmander, minus Magmar. ;O

TheNameLess
October 17th, 2009, 01:43 AM
Playing with arcanine goes smooth and he looks great and intimidating, so that one comes on the first place.

Nintales on second, doesn't look intimidating to me, but just look for example at this picture:

http://silencedbydreams.deviantart.com/art/Fire-pokemon-Ninetales-23606442

very beautiful.

Rapidash comes in last, I just hate that pokemon for no reason;).

Hana~
October 17th, 2009, 02:23 AM
I vastly prefer Ninetales, though I like all of the three.

Appearance-wise, it's amazingly beautiful and sleek in all aspects.

Moveset-wise, decent movepool with Nasty Plot, Will-o-Wisp and Energy Ball coupled with a decent Sp. Atk stat.

Hana, signing out~

Dark Shade
October 17th, 2009, 03:13 AM
I love Rapidash, it was the pokemon that saved my during cynthias reign of terror (eat flamethrowers Roserade).

I like ninetales second best, cos it looks really cool.

I like arcanine, but I hate the sprite for it's back.

Lady Gaga
October 17th, 2009, 03:22 AM
Look at my signature...

ya, I love Arcanine :3

Cheesymitten
October 17th, 2009, 03:29 AM
I prefer Rapidash a lot more now,
I just thought it was so damn hard to level it up.
But it's a cute horsey =/ XD

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
October 17th, 2009, 04:27 AM
Ninetales is my fave, and Rapidash comes in second.

Toshiro.
October 17th, 2009, 10:02 AM
In order;
Arcanine
Ninetales
Rapidash

Arcanine is awesome.

Nikorasu
October 17th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Ninetales.

Arcanine may be strong but if it has nine tales whipping it. it looses and fails..

And rapidash just purely sucks.

gigapoodle
October 17th, 2009, 10:42 AM
I used to use Rapidash all teh time, but then I realized it sucked.

So Ninetales.

Alexithymia~
October 17th, 2009, 10:58 AM
If we're talking about looks, then I'd choose Ninetails. It's sooooo pretty!
But, to battle with I prefer Arcanine. Very strong.

Curt_09
October 17th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Ninetails all the way!
My favorite fire Pokemon, its natural beauty alone is a win. Of course the Speed and Special Attack are hard to ignore as well.

Fenrir Reki
October 17th, 2009, 11:27 AM
I prefer ninetails because its epic when its shiny. The other pokemon look weird as a shiny.

GlitchCity
October 17th, 2009, 06:55 PM
a fox, a puppy, and a unicorn all 3 of them on fire

i vote for the puppy

Fate Falls
October 17th, 2009, 08:17 PM
I guess I'm odd, since I'm a Rapidash person. :)

I've never really had an affinity for either Ninetails or Arcanine, though don't get me wrong -- I like both. I just love Rapidash. It might be that I've always loved horses/unicorns/pegasus and that's just a girly side to me. XD I think if I had a choice to have one of the three, I could make the most out of Rapidash. I'd be riding it all day, everyday! :D

In Pokemon Platinum, I ended up catching a Ponyta, which later evolved into Rapidash, and used it throughout the game. It was a male though, and I named him Dash. I always pictured Ponyta and Rapidash as females though, so I made up this story in my head (because, heaven knows, I'm not dorky enough already lol) where my Ponyta was the dominant male of a herd, and my character was lucky enough to befriend him, so he passed on the leadership to a younger generation.

Koppee
October 17th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Ninetales of course!

Tis my favorite pokemon since the first games :3 They really need to make that pokemon part ghost since it has so many moves, and its lore kinda makes alot of references to it being spiritual and all.

Season
October 17th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Arcanine is pretty cool but never really stood out to me. I never really liked Rapidash either, there wasn't anything in particular I didn't like, I was just never drawn to it.
Ninetails is elegant and powerful, so it wins in my book.

Superjub
October 18th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Hardest decision of my life! xD

Hmmm... I love Arcanine, and I have used it several times, so that's first. :D Personally, I prefer the appearance of Ninetales compared to Rapidash, so Ninetales is second. :D then, it's Rapidash. I actually like all three of them, and although i used a Rapidash in Diamond, it's still at the bottom of my list. xD

So...
1st- Arcanine
2nd- Ninetales
3rd- Rapidash

Masterge77
October 18th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Ninetales is such a (literal) fox....

$
October 19th, 2009, 02:51 PM
1.Arcanine.
2.Rapidash
3.Ninetales

:]

Bao
October 19th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Arcanine beats all =]

Rapidash is too eh, while Ninetails gives me a feminine feeling/aura

Umbrachu
October 20th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Arcanine, then Ninetales, then Rapidash.

BHwolfgang
October 21st, 2009, 03:08 PM
It has to be Arcanine. I don't know. I just prefer it more than Ninetails and Rapidash.

There's this connection I have with it. Besides, I don't see Rapidash and Ninetails doing a Flame Wheel any time soon. 8D

DSrocks
November 14th, 2009, 03:50 PM
I vote for ninetales because its really cool when its shiny.

Venusaur♣
November 14th, 2009, 04:20 PM
I like Arcanine because it is so much STRONGER and looks better.

SonicThrust
November 14th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Ninetales for me. I just like it's design the best, I don't really use any of them in the games.

The Girl Once named Tracie
November 14th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Rapidas! I used to wonder how people sat on the back of one without getting burned (;

.ιиsσмиιαc.
November 14th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Arcanine>Nintetails>Rapidash

Kirbychu
November 14th, 2009, 10:18 PM
I'm more of a Houndoom and Typhlosion type of guy, but I'll go with Arcanine for this one.

Ayesha
November 14th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Ninetales
I love the whole story, especially the curse part. :3

Iluminknight
November 14th, 2009, 11:25 PM
I'd definitley have to go with Arcanine. It just looks really cool haha.

Silhouette
November 15th, 2009, 08:26 AM
I really can't decide between Ninetales and Rapidash. I've used both before, and both are pretty cool. I guess I'll have to go with Ninetales, though. Energy Ball FTW!

Elysium-a
November 15th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Ninetails. :)

I don't have much to back that up with, as I actually have never raised a Ninetails. Or an Arcanine. The only one I have raised is a Rapidash in Diamond and I didn't find it to be very powerful. :/

But Ninetails is just cool looking. I mean, so is Arcanine, but I agree with everyone who said that Ninetails has a nice movepool. :P