PDA

View Full Version : Ruby/Sapphire contests.

Amore
October 24th, 2009, 12:14 PM
I have a question. I looked on pokeearth, and everywhere that in Emerald there's a battle tent, in R/S there's a contest hall!! Does that mean there were contests in all of those towns??

If so, do you prefer it like that or like it is in Emerald???

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
October 24th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Personally, I'd rather have it in one centralized location, like in Emerald. My reasoning: Contests require preparation (i.e., giving Pokemon the right moves, the proper Pokeblocks, etc.) They're not something you just cruise into town and compete in with your in-game team. And in R/S, I had one heck of a time remembering where all the Contest Halls were, and having to fly back and forth between them was a royal pain.

Multiple contest locations might work for the anime, but in the games it's much more convenient to have them in one location.

Alli
October 24th, 2009, 12:52 PM
I liked that you had to travel to different locations (as if it were going on in the ranks), but the fact that they were out of order was a pain. But I don't mind them all being in the same place.

Amore
October 24th, 2009, 01:00 PM
I personally would've loved it to be like that in Emerald. Battle Tents were kinda rubbish, although Battle Frontier did give them an eventual purpose

Owl
November 16th, 2009, 03:30 PM
I liked that you had to travel to different locations (as if it were going on in the ranks), but the fact that they were out of order was a pain. But I don't mind them all being in the same place.
Same here, it saves me the time of going to place to place xD

Destinyfate
November 16th, 2009, 05:01 PM
If It Were Me Id Like Battle Tenet Better Because I Like Battling better I Just Have 4 ribbions in emerald

The Girl Once named Tracie
November 16th, 2009, 09:29 PM
I'm not really one for the contests, but a battle-tower type thing would have been nice

Arcta
November 17th, 2009, 11:30 AM
b.u.m.p just here to help people bump :)