PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Optional message with friend request?

mervyn797
October 28th, 2009, 01:59 AM
Well, the title explains it all. xD
Can we have an option to send a message along with a friend request, i know we can VM/PM too but, it if the message would be with the friend request, it would be easier or more efficient.

Angela
October 28th, 2009, 02:34 AM
Whats wrong with just sending a PM with the request?

Anyway I kinda like this idea... :3

I mean, why don't they just use something similar to the post rating thingy?

Chibi-chan
October 28th, 2009, 06:40 AM
Why not just VM them instead?

Spartacus
October 28th, 2009, 06:47 AM
I do think this idea is pointless...You can just speak to them before sending the request. Because your on their profile when you choose the option 'Befriend ______', when you can send them a VM and then straight away click on the Befriend Button...

Cheesymitten
October 28th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Why not just VM them instead?
What if they have disable VM's? It would be more likely that they would accept a friend request if you told them who you was and why.
And anyway if the person has just sent them a friend request and they're on the block list won't it just be ignored anyway?
But yeah, PM's can also do that -.-

poopnoodle
October 28th, 2009, 07:12 AM
Some people have disabled PMs, too. That's hardly the case, though, and I would assume those people don't want to be talked to at all. :/

.Seth
October 28th, 2009, 04:41 PM
This would just add insult to injury (not literally) in my eyes. Someone sends you a sporadic friend request and then, to top it all off, you get a PM/VM too notifying you of something you already know (considering we have a notification for new friend requests in place).

A nice thought, but I think it'd be more annoying than you think. Sure, having the "You have a new Private Message from ______." box appearing would be nice, but it's rather annoying to me personally.

Kishijoten
October 28th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Well, the title explains it all. xD
Can we have an option to send a message along with a friend request, i know we can VM/PM too but, it if the message would be with the friend request, it would be easier or more efficient.

You do have a good explanation but, PMing and VMing thing would be much easier. I mean having a message box along with the friend request seems like a good idea but, apparently I think if you VM them it would work out just fine. I like the way you think but,
I think we can just subside this idea and just leave the friend request thing the way it is.

Patchisou Yutohru
October 29th, 2009, 07:34 AM
It's a friend request. In my opinion, unless you are on speaking terms with the person and are becoming friends, you shouldn't bother friending the person at all. If you need to send a message to someone when you send them a friend request, chances are you two probably haven't said a word to each other with the exception of being active in the same thread or something.

Maybe its just me, but in my opinion, you shouldn't be needing to send them anything... It is a friend request, after all. For friends... not random stalkers who decide to add you with a (creepy) little message stating why. :(

If you want to friend someone, get to know them, have conversations with them, then add them to your friends. That's basically what its for, after all, a list of your friends... :|

What are you going to put on there anyway? "lol.. hi. im interested in bcoming ur friend b/c u seem kool. i sent u a friend reqest. add me!!!!!!!!!!11111111!!!1"? I know if I got something like that, you'd be going on my ignore list. Not my friend list.

AtomicoExploda
October 29th, 2009, 07:48 AM
I was actually thinking about that before. Good idea in my opinion.

What are you going to put on there anyway? "lol.. hi. im interested in bcoming ur friend b/c u seem kool. i sent u a friend reqest. add me!!!!!!!!!!11111111!!!1"? I know if I got something like that, you'd be going on my ignore list. Not my friend list.

Well, personally I'd put down ":D", nothing better than a confusing happy face. And I also think that example is ridiculously sarcastic, I don't think anyone would put that down, and even if they did, it'd be better to look like an idiot in the request rather than a VM.
I doubt you'd get something like that, and yes, you would most probably add to your ignore list since you'd naturally think it's weird. =/

Cheesymitten
October 29th, 2009, 07:52 AM
How about SPAM though in these requests?
How would they stop that? =O

AtomicoExploda
October 29th, 2009, 07:54 AM
How about SPAM though in these requests?
How would they stop that? =O

Report I guess, with proof of a screenshot or something of that like.