View Full Version : November Pixel Art Conest 2009.

November 9th, 2009, 2:33 PM
Yeah, I know, we're already a week odd into November. Sorry about that. Either way, 22 days is still adequate time for contest, and might even add a bit more of an edge to it. :D

Since we've had such a long hiatus on contests this one won't be too pressing, it should be fun.

Basically it's a "design your own pokemon" contest, here's your restrictions.

Theme: The seasons - be creative though, don't just make a fire pokemon that slightly resembles the sun and say its for summer etc

Size limit: 64x64

Style: Fundamentally FR/LG, but feel free to break the mold a little, just make sure you maintain the upper left light source and the angled stances.

Colour limit: 16 colours (17 inc transparency)

Deadline: December 1st

Oh and one more thing. It must be scratch work by YOU. This means no fusions, edits of others scratch work etc.

You're being judged not just on the quality of the sprite, but also the design, originality and application of the limits.

So without further ado, get to it guys! :)

This thread is for entires. Save discussion for the VMs/PMs/The Pixel art section's Pixel Art showcase & Discussion thread. (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=108209&page=138)

November 16th, 2009, 6:57 PM
Maybe you should make mention of this on the Pixel Art board. I don't know about anyone else, but I rarely come here. Anyway, here's my entry.

In celebration of autumn, a little weasel guy with a small white pumpkin at the end of its tail! The bar's been set low people, come and claim your glory!

November 21st, 2009, 12:55 AM
it's my first time to do fakemon.. but here's my magnum opus!

the Snow Fairy Pokemon

Dex Entry:
Crystices can survive in mostly snowy areas near sub-zero temperature
It is said that it snows when a fleet of Crystice flies up in the sky

used 14 colors, mainly Articuno's and Squirtle's shell
also used those 2 Poke's shiny colors on it's shiny form

November 21st, 2009, 6:14 AM
Aight here's my contest entry

The Cherry Blossom of the Sea
Legendary of Spring

*can only be female* [oh and no breeding groups ;) ]

14 colours including transparency. As the name suggests, those things that are breaking off and flying from her hair are cherry blossoms.

Spherical Ice
November 21st, 2009, 9:35 AM

Season: Winter
Based On: Santa went on a diet that went wrong and his hat took over but he's still there, with a cute little :3 expression.
Comments: I used Parasect for the red, pink and white and Growlithe for the yellowy/skin-tone colour. :P The rest is scratch.

Chibi Robo
November 21st, 2009, 11:40 AM

Name: Snowan
Season: Winter
Type: Ice / Rock
The Snowman Pokemon
Made entirely of rock and snow, It thrives in only cold weather and cant go out in hot area's.

Good luck to the other contestants~

November 25th, 2009, 8:47 PM

Normal Shiny
(It's palette has 12 colours all together,13 if including transparency.)

Menu Sprite:
HG/SS Partner Sprite:

English Name: Torshou
Japanese Name: 雨鳥小 (Small Rain Bird)
Types: http://i31.tinypic.com/m7qd7n.jpg
It's thick,warm fur can make it survive up to -500 degrees. It's snowshoe-like feet make an excellent
durability in a snow terrain and with it's incredible weight,it has very high speed.
Species: Cold Bird Pokemon.
Height: 1'1"
Weight: 3.3 lbs
Color: http://i47.tinypic.com/34e3n0p.png
Gender Ratio: 50% Male. 50% Female.
Egg Groups: Flying
Owner's Comments:
Palettes I used is a Nidoran(And Shiny Nidoran),Seel and Voltorb. Note that all of the Pokemon
I used was from the FR/LG Games.

Good Luck Everyone. :3
(Too bad these contests are monthly)

December 1st, 2009, 9:58 AM
Not a bad turn out at all. The entry stage is now done, I should have the results posted by friday.