PDA

View Full Version : Hack of the Month Voting - November 2009

Christos
November 10th, 2009, 08:04 AM
[css-div="background-color: white; color: black; border: 1px solid black; margin-left: 50px; margin-right: 50px;"][css-div="background: black url('http://www.pokecommunity.com/images/templates/hackhalloffame/h2-hotm-bg.png') repeat-x top left; padding: 0; border-bottom: 1px solid black;"]http://www.pokecommunity.com/images/templates/hackhalloffame/h2-hotm.png[/css-div][css-div="padding: 10px 20px;"]Introduction
You have until the first of December to vote for your Hack of the Month. The winner hack's thread will be stickied for a month, until the next month's winner is announced. The winner hack will also be added to PokéCommunity's official ROM Hacking Hall of Fame (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=56279). Only hacks in either the Progressing Hacks forum or the Hacks Showcase forum are eligible for nomination.

Eligible Hacks

Pokémon Azure Horizons (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=151068) - Frostbite
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c292/Polar_Spirit/azhb114.png http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c292/Polar_Spirit/azhb13.png http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c292/Polar_Spirit/snow1.png
Pokémon Azure Horizons (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=151068) - Frostbite
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c292/Polar_Spirit/azhb15.png http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c292/Polar_Spirit/azhb110.png http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c292/Polar_Spirit/azhb115.png
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c292/Polar_Spirit/azhb113.png http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c292/Polar_Spirit/b25s.png http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c292/Polar_Spirit/b24s.png

Rules

You may vote once per month, per hack.
Asking or bribing others to vote for your hack is not allowed.
Creating new accounts to vote multiple times is not allowed and will be dealt with accordingly.
Voting is done via the poll not by posting in this thread, votes in the form of posts will not be counted.
Don't complain that your hack was not chosen this month.

[/css-div][/css-div]

hashtag
November 10th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Wow, such a tough choice. After hard thinking, Azure Horizons it is.

Satoshi Ookami
November 10th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Is this for real? xD
Or again some kind of joke? :D

negative
November 10th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Hmm...I'm not voting for the first one...the second hack looks promising...
I vote for Azure Horizons.

Aljam
November 10th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Oh noes! I can't decide! :O

bbigman76
November 10th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Azure Horizons that was sooooooooooooo tough

Drayano
November 10th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Thank you for doing this~

.Tactic.
November 10th, 2009, 01:34 PM
The Middle one has the best graphics and storyline... I also love the maps.. lolz

NarutoActor
November 10th, 2009, 02:21 PM
are you joking, you cant think of any other hack to put in the hotm so you rig the hack? I ont even want to know what will happend next month.
It will be sad if azure horizon lost again and why dose i get sooo many chances.

Master Terrador
November 10th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Its such a hard choice...I'll flip a coin.
Azure Horizons it is...As usual.

NecromancingSaga
November 10th, 2009, 03:05 PM
i vote for azure horizons because it has a better storyline and better graphics than azure horizons and azure horizons

SonicBlazePlatinum
November 10th, 2009, 03:30 PM
This one is difficult for me. All of the hacks are well made, have a style similar to Emerald/Platinum/FFire Red and possibly Heart Gold which are four of my favorite games. The one I'll pick is one Drayano60 worked with and Frostbite created. Pokemon Azure Horizons is the best ROM Hack I have ever played and it inspires me.

Jake♫
November 10th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Is none of the above a legitimate option? Gogogo Brown

Fine Azure Horizons, you talked me into it...

colcolstyles
November 10th, 2009, 06:35 PM
I think Azure Horizons is a fine hack but this is just ridiculous. I feel sorry for Frostbite because if Azure Horizons wins (and I don't see any possible way that it won't) then he won't really win anything. You can't call this a competition. I'd rather see Azure Horizons lose a hundred more times to hacks that I already know are far worse than it than to see both Azure Horizons and Frostbite ridiculed like this.
Sorry, I just don't think this is very funny.

Fire Blazer
November 10th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Limited choices; why is this? Can past-nominees not be eligible for hack of the month? What about lesser hacks, they aren't even allowed? Or is this a joke or an error? Not going to vote because 1) I don't think I deserve to and 2) there is little point in doing so, but I'm still curious about how this is supposed to work...

PKFL_531
November 10th, 2009, 07:43 PM
The first choice was such a hard choice to make because the second choice was so tempting, and not to forget the other game that features a gray-haired dude in blue... So yea, I guess that Azure Horizons was the only way to go.

VGAura
November 10th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Three of my favorites are up this month, so hard to pick just one.

Azure Horizons has fantastic maps but Azure Horizons is extremely well polished.
Although you can tell that Frostbite put a lot of effort on Azure Horizons.

Azure Horizons it is.

chrunch
November 10th, 2009, 11:10 PM
It is hard to decide...
I like Azure Horizons but Azure Horizons and Azure Horizons are good...

My vote goes to Azure Horizons.

Ninja Caterpie
November 10th, 2009, 11:54 PM
Win options are win.

But this is not funny.

>=[

Ivysaur
November 11th, 2009, 07:28 AM
I think I'll vote for Shiny Gold.

[/runs away from Christos]

Tropical Sunlight
November 11th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Are you sure this isn't some kind of mistake?
Or you want it to win so badly?

Christos
November 11th, 2009, 07:42 AM
This month has no "Hack of the Month competition". Since it's the last HotM of the year, (HotY is enough for December), Manipulation and I decided to make this HotM moderators' choice. The thread was made to avoid "where is the HotM thread?" messages, and to make the section look prettier. :3

psychicboy
November 11th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Gosh... After extremely careful consideration... I think im gonnahave to go with AzureHorizons... I mean Azure Horizons is a good hackand i hope it wins one day, while azure horizons does have great graphics, my heart is telling me to vote Azure Horizons SORRY FROSTBITE!

Satoshi Ookami
November 11th, 2009, 09:29 AM
I don't think it's good that way...
Ya know those who will vote here will know that this wasn't even competition so the HotM award from this month won't be so prestigious as from the other months.
I know AH deserves it but if it's not enough popular to be voted then we should give up on putting it in.
But it's just my opinion.

Christos
November 11th, 2009, 09:51 AM
We moderators choose three hacks we find good, and you members get to choose which one gets the award. This was never a popularity contest.

PKFL_531
November 11th, 2009, 11:03 AM
SO, that means that the only hacks you people think is legitamate/good is Azure Horizons?

Christos
November 11th, 2009, 11:10 AM
I explained why Azure Horizons is the only hack on the poll in my earlier post. :3

destinedjagold
November 11th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Of all the HotM votings in this year, this is the most hilarious and unnecessary votings of all 11 HotM votings we had.
Azure Horizons automatically wins this HotM since it has no competition. xD

Luck
November 11th, 2009, 10:25 PM
There is just no challenge in my eyes.
Azure Horizons is the clear winner guys, so just jump on the bandwagon.

But it isn't over 9000 ;__;

mervyn797
November 12th, 2009, 02:15 AM
this is ridiculous, we have no real choice, this is no DEMOCRACY!!!!!!!!
dictatorship by the mods. :@
LOL
this was just for fun... XD

Chibi Robo
November 12th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Is there a "vote all" option?

NarutoActor
November 12th, 2009, 02:28 PM
well you shouldent be bale to chose the same hack, or rig the hack of the month. thats just not fair to everyone else.
and what happeneds if they tie, the winner should not get to have there thread sticked just because you guys like the hack.

Serious Cruption >:\

mystletainn
November 12th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Hey NarutoActor, here's a suggestion:

It's just a ROM hacking competition. Stop taking it seriously lol

NarutoActor
November 12th, 2009, 02:54 PM
I am usaly am a lade back guy, ask anyone. But this realy grinds my groinds. I voted for Azure horizons before and it lost. That's not fair for the ones who won fair, and square. Why should Azure horizons get SPECIAL TREATMENT.

Luck
November 12th, 2009, 04:40 PM
I am usaly am a lade back guy, ask anyone. But this realy grinds my groinds. I voted for Azure horizons before and it lost. That's not fair for the ones who won fair, and square. Why should Azure horizons get SPECIAL TREATMENT.

O_o
Groinds?
That sounds...dirty to be honest.

Anyways, this isn't supposed to be a serious competition. It isn't even MOTM, all you have to do is read what Christos said @_@

NarutoActor
November 12th, 2009, 05:19 PM
it's a family guy reference.

mmm...I did, and cinrco sounds serious.

→goon
November 12th, 2009, 06:00 PM

Yeah, this is really just a filler thread. To stop the questions about where it would be if this wasn't posted. Like Christos said, it was Mod's choice this month.

KurlyFries
November 13th, 2009, 07:57 PM
God, if I got a nickel for each person who made a "After some consideration, I picked Azure Horizons" joke...

~Teh Panda~
November 13th, 2009, 08:07 PM

Wow, actually its grinds your gears. Groind's does sound very sexual...
Also I saw your comment on Luck's profile and thats wrong...

OnTopic: Azure Horizons which I have been voting for forever is finally going to win :). Congrats already Frostbite xD

hashtag
November 15th, 2009, 03:57 AM
well you shouldent be bale to chose the same hack, or rig the hack of the month. thats just not fair to everyone else.
and what happeneds if they tie, the winner should not get to have there thread sticked just because you guys like the hack.

Serious Cruption >:\

lk i no ent it

Anyway, yes it can get stickied because we like it. Christos owns and runs HotM, so he can do whatever he wants with it.

BECAUSE IT'S GOOD!

Who is cinrco. I'm not going to mention your grammar, too appalling to even moan about it.

SharpPoint
November 15th, 2009, 03:30 PM
This is pathetic. Azure Horizons can't win the Hack of the Month fairly so it needs a moderator to interfere and rig this. If anything, this would show that the hack is inferior to it's competition. I've played the hack, it's very good but it's not the best hack I've ever played. (It's not ShinyGold either.)

This is very unprofessional of the moderators. I understand you love the hack, but let it win it's own battles. First it was the 9000 votes thing, now this?

Pokepal17
November 15th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Well I vote for Shiny Gold just like Went.

Umm, I'm not sure so I'll skip it. I've never played Azure Horizons or Azure Horizons. I don't think I've ever even heard of Azure Horizons.

NarutoActor
November 15th, 2009, 04:27 PM
@sharpoint: yeah I agree with you, to much mod interference. pluse your taking away from two other hacks who coud of won.

@manipulation
Thats your opinion, it just seems extreamly unfair.

.Seth
November 15th, 2009, 08:43 PM
I don't think I'll be voting this time.

Crimson Stardust
November 15th, 2009, 09:13 PM
lk i no ent it

Anyway, yes it can get stickied because we like it. Christos owns and runs HotM, so he can do whatever he wants with it.

haha..okae,i vote for anything up there.Anyway,it is 99.99% true that Azure Horizons are an awesome hack,and it certainly can win the HotM award.If even you choose the hack,wouldn't it makes thing easier if you just put the name on the first post once instead of making it look like three hacks.

and i don't agree with this sentence,i know Christos owns the Rom Hacking section but Mods are suppose to be fair,if you say he can do whatever he wants then,then his decision are all biased..

anyway Azure Horizons it is..

Surf
November 15th, 2009, 10:21 PM
This is kind of ridiculing Frostbite, but I can see why you're doing it.

People, lets face it.
Every time Azure Horizons is up, it gets beaten out by a hack that has shiny tiles, and better graphics.
No matter what people say, they will still vote for the shiny one.
It's basic human nature.

by the way I vote for Shiny Gold

Tropical Sunlight
November 15th, 2009, 11:17 PM
Which one do you think is going to win?
The first one, the second one, or the third one?
I voted for the first one btw

Germaniac
November 16th, 2009, 04:11 AM
This is joking!!! Why didn't insert other hack? :cer_no:

Christos
November 16th, 2009, 08:28 AM
I've already explained about this month's Hack of the Month. You should actually be thankful that you get to vote for Hack of the Month (except for November's), earlier Hack of the Month competitions were moderator's choice only.♥

Pokepal17
November 16th, 2009, 07:17 PM
I've already explained about this month's Hack of the Month. You should actually be thankful that you get to vote for Hack of the Month (except for November's), earlier Hack of the Month competitions were moderator's choice only.♥

Your damn right. You've organised this all year around to see which hacks are worthy for the title for HotM. I don't see anything wrong with you wanting Azure Horizons to win, I like its looks and when I get the time to play it, I'm sure I'll enjoy it. You've been working hard to make this competition work so we've got to give you a break and if you and Harry want to choose the winner this time, please do, you deserve to. :P And I don't see why this is humiliating Frostbite. If I was him, I'd be happy that the mods love Azure Horizons even though Harry is an IL fanboy.

So to the people voting, just vote or don't vote. It won't matter either way. Just leave the mods alone, let them have fun. They work in their spare time to keep this forums clean, so just let them enjoy themselves.

And Shiny Gold still gets my vote. :3

Samike360
November 16th, 2009, 07:28 PM
It seems fair to me that hackers get to vote for 10 hack of the months and mods get to vote for 1. If you want a hack to win and it deserves to, then it has plenty of chances to make it. I vote Azure Horizons.

The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
November 17th, 2009, 03:58 AM
No. I won't vote this time. It's unfair. I don't think mods should put only A.H for the HotM, there shouldn't be distinction between the hacks.

Tropical Sunlight
November 17th, 2009, 08:50 AM
No. I won't vote this time. It's unfair. I don't think mods should put only A.H for the HotM, there shouldn't be distinction between the hacks.
Yeah but this way they Christos can guarantee a win. It's really good for bets :)

hashtag
November 17th, 2009, 09:31 AM
If you don't like this, we could always go back to choosing HotM winners ourselves. Count yourself lucky you get to vote the majority of the time.

Pokepal17
November 17th, 2009, 12:35 PM
If you don't like this, we could always go back to choosing HotM winners ourselves. Count yourself lucky you get to vote the majority of the time.

Actually, I would rather the mods pick because the mods know these forums better than anyone else, so they should know which hack is good for HotM. Also, this month's competiton has brought out the worst in people so I think its a good idea for the mods to decide each months winner.

And I'm still voting for Shiny Gold[/runs away from Christos, Cierra and Cirno.]

Poke_a_Dialga!
November 17th, 2009, 11:30 PM
A, B OR C.................
Let me see...............
Think hard man, you can do this just pick one...
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/9480/crowv.png
http://chrissylee.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/lightbulb.jpg
Azure Horizons! (Though i preferred Azure Horizons more than Azure horizons...)
Actually, I voted for Ruby Destiny - Rescue Rangers (cab, cab? take me to a place 10,000,000 miles away from Christos, the moderator!!)

Team Rocket's Raichu
November 20th, 2009, 03:23 PM
I really hope this is a joke.

I wish we got to chose the hacks. -__-

NarutoActor
November 21st, 2009, 12:44 PM
Actually, I would rather the mods pick because the mods know these forums better than anyone else, so they should know which hack is good for HotM. Also, this month's competiton has brought out the worst in people so I think its a good idea for the mods to decide each months winner.

And I'm still voting for Shiny Gold[/runs away from Christos, Cierra and Cirno.]No, I don't agree, no one group should be able to chose the hacks for the fact that there are biases. also there are only 2 mods for 3 hacks :/ simple math someone gets to chose twice. There are no checks, and balances.

sab
November 21st, 2009, 02:36 PM
Maybe azure horizons, but Then again azure horizons looks good, and then there's azure horizons. It's soooooo hard to choose.

mervyn797
November 28th, 2009, 05:23 AM
hey mods! you always say u have a good reason why you didnt include a hack, so this time plz give us a good reason why u did choose this one?

hashtag
November 28th, 2009, 05:27 AM
... Isn't it obvious? Wow, do we have to keep repeating ourselves.

.Tactic.
November 28th, 2009, 05:31 AM
So there wont be a HOTM December???

Pokepal17
November 28th, 2009, 06:49 AM
So there wont be a HOTM December???

Nope, the hack of the year judging will replace December's hotm.

Ochigi
November 28th, 2009, 06:52 AM
..Y is the WHOLE poll azure horizons?....

AXC
November 29th, 2009, 04:43 AM
Isn't a competition partaken by two or more parties with a goal of victory over the other?

How can something compete with itself?
Also, why is this a vote when there's only one option to vote for?

A vote is held when two or more parties are in competition with each other and are then voted upon by a third party. (More parties, same predicament and guidelines).

This HotM is just...

Well. I'm done pointing out your ignorant misconduct of the situation at hand, you may go about posting more redundancies at your own rapidity. Thank you.

Hermione Granger
November 29th, 2009, 04:58 AM
..Y is the WHOLE poll azure horizons?....

Isn't a competition partaken by two or more parties with a goal of victory over the other?

How can something compete with itself?
Also, why is this a vote when there's only one option to vote for?

A vote is held when two or more parties are in competition with each other and are then voted upon by a third party. (More parties, same predicament and guidelines).

This HotM is just...

Well. I'm done pointing out your ignorant misconduct of the situation at hand, you may go about posting more redundancies at your own rapidity. Thank you.

For both of you, this is not a HotM voting because HotY's voting is done on December. The powerful mods just created this thread to prevent the "Where is the HotM voting thread?" questions. Don't you read the previous posts?

colcolstyles
November 29th, 2009, 10:07 AM
The powerful mods just created this thread to prevent the "Where is the HotM voting thread?" questions.
Sadly, I think they would have run into fewer troubles if they hadn't posted this :\