PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Lucario Version (REVISED 11/10/09)

ShinyPidgey
November 10th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Hack Of: Pokemon Ruby
StoryLine:
You Just Moved From the Johto Region to a new region called
Heonn,to a city called Luster Town,You get riolu to Exploer the
region of Heonn get the 8 Badges then challenge the leauge
Many Wonders Await you...[Need To Add More To Storyline]

[SPOILERS AHEAD!!]

New Stuff!:
new items
new TMs like,DrainPunch from Shinno
new Pokemon Evelutions like,Maikarp evolves to RED garados with a Water Stone

New Towns,and citys like,LeafGreen Town!

NEW EVENTS! like,
Travle Between Regions!
Get 3 Masterballs!!!!
Easy Shinys!! (300/3108)!! [NOT EXACT]

[STUFF YOU SHOULDNT READ OR IT WILL SPOIL THE FUN!,LONG STORY SHORT HUGE SPOILERS!]

-Get Lugia and Oh-ho at RainBow Town
-Get Rioku,Entei,and Suicune at 3 Mountains Peak,Note:[AFTER YOU GET ONE ALL OF THEM RUN AWAY AND YOU GET A RARE CHANCE OF GETTING THEM IN THE WILD!]
-Get Shaymin at Deliquate Garden
-Get Darkrai at Shadow Valley
-Get Acerus at Infanate Realms
-Get Garintina At Twisted Time Cave

[END OF ALL SPOILERS!]

Help With:
Mapper
Spriter
tiler
And thats all!

Thanks For Your Time!! :D

~Sp
~ShinyPidgey

Wings Don't Cry
November 10th, 2009, 10:15 PM
I'm guessing you meant Ruby, not Ruby Red.

Glitch.
November 10th, 2009, 10:53 PM
@ magikarp evolves to red gyarados with water stone....
i find that a bad idea because then people can have a lvl 5 shiny gyarados...

Haku.
November 11th, 2009, 03:40 AM
lawled.. i laugh when i saw magikarp evolved to gyrados with water stone..
You must make a new stone.. hex edit a new item which is RARE

ShinyPidgey
November 11th, 2009, 10:07 AM
You must make a new stone.. hex edit a new item which is RARE

Hmm...I kinda thought that was stupid myself i don't know why i posted it....

Hmmm....i'll keep thinking...

i find that a bad idea because then people can have a lvl 5 shiny gyarados...

yeah just like xmouvelianx said,make a rare stone...

still gunna think...

~Sp

Yea,i changed it to ruby from fire red because every time i open..lets see,Dexter in elite map it says "This is a supported rom but does not have a wild data base"

sooo...long story short...I still have Fire red stuck in my head!!

~Sp

Haku.
November 11th, 2009, 10:22 AM
i got another suggestion for you if you want it..
well i suggest that the for the magickarp to evolve into red gyrados .. make that it needs more atk - > def. if normal gyrados def - > atk

ShinyPidgey
November 11th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Yeah thats great!!!! [Read Post Below]

~Sp

ShinyPidgey
November 11th, 2009, 03:20 PM
i got another suggestion for you if you want it..
well i suggest that the for the magickarp to evolve into red gyrados .. make that it needs more atk - > def. if normal gyrados def - > atk

Yeah,thats good thanks,What about using a whole bunch of carbos and stuff like that and raise it's stats to 40 then evolve it at lvl 25 good? thanks!

~Sp

Gary, the Magic Fairy
November 11th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Oh my god, why is it so hard to grammar/spell check?

Your first post still says Ruby Red, even though you have edited since someone pointed that out.
You put a space after a comma, you don't start another word directly after.
That's not a story. That's like- a premise, and not a very good one at that.
You don't capitalize random words in a sentence. Just the first and proper nouns.
Heonn is actually spelled "Hoenn."
Shinno is spelled "Sinnoh."
Citys/Shinys = Cities/Shinies.
Maikarp/garados = Magikarp/Gyarados.
Plus, dozens of other sins against the English language.
"Easy Shinys!! (2480/3108)!!" Do we really need to know the exact ratio? Also, I believe that makes shiny pokemon more common than normal pokemon.
"Get *legendary* at *random made-up location*" So? We don't know what these places are.
"OW spriter/changer" are you kidding? This is literally one of the easiest thing there is. I learned it in 5 minutes like- 2 weeks ago. May I ask what you're doing, if you need so much help with such simple tasks? Text editing isn't hard at all, either.
Slow up on the exclamation marks.

My overall opinion: this sounds like an incredibly dull version of Ruby, with a little bit of a G/S remake thrown in along with a few gimmicks.

i find that a bad idea because then people can have a lvl 5 shiny gyarados...Really, that's the reason? Five out of six are shiny pokemon anyways. Why is it such a problem to have one at level five? The problem I see is that you can catch a shiny Magikarp and evolve it into a red Gyarados normally.

You must make a new stone.. hex edit a new item which is RAREMay I ask who died and made you god? That is incredibly rude to say that he must do anything. I think letting it evolve with a water stone is fine for such a trivial thing. That's really less ridiculous than your attack > defense idea, which makes no sense because Gyarados's attack is already higher than its defense. Base attack is 125 and defense is 79. It isn't even close. And lowering his stats just to make a more complicated evolution is just plain stupid. If you do that, he'll be too weak to do anything. He already has a horrible type combo. There's nothing wrong with the water stone. It's just a novelty anyways, since this sounds like it's just a normal Gyarados colored red.

Perri Lightfoot
November 12th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Welcome to the forums, ShinyPidgey! ^^ I saw your hack here and thought I'd check it out :)

I'm a little confused here, firstly. Is "Heonn" a misspelling of "Hoenn," or is actually a name for a new region? If it's supposed to be a new region (which is my guess, given that there's no such place as "Luster Town" in Hoenn); why did you give it a name so similar to that of a region that already exists? It leads to player confusion and people thinking you can't spell; neither of which are attributes you really want associated with your project. If you really want your region to evoke Hoenn through its name; perhaps a better alternative would be to call it something like, say...New Hoenn; a region founded by Hoenn explorers of old (much like how "New Zealand" is named for the Dutch island of Zeeland, since the first European to see the islands was Dutch).

Why did you pick Riolu as the starter? It's a rare Pokemon in the main series (you can't catch them wild, you have to wait for Riley to give you an egg), and if you want to hand a canonically rare pokemon out to the Player Trainer; there should be a good reason for it. Riley gives the player character an egg with a rare Pokemon inside as an expression of gratitude; what does your player have to do to get it? Simply handing it over because "Riolu is my favorite Pokemon" is not an excuse; your plot should justify it. Perhaps its knowledge and skill with Aura is needed in order to unravel the plot; or perhaps the Riolu's owner seeks your character out because he or she senses you can help them with whatever the plot objective is. But whatever you do, it should be a for a good reason - gaining windfall rarities for no reason isn't terrifically realistic.

Other than having to collect ten badges rather than eight, and not getting a choice in starter...nothing you've really presented here stands out in terms of your plot. There really isn't any detail for me to decide what playing this game will be like; all I can come up with so far is judged based on what little you do say, and by looking at your features. And so far...nothing seems to make it truly unique from Ruby, other than excessive levels of Shinies (and if you presumably can't even text edit, is this something you'll even be able to implement into your game?). Sure, we can go to Johto presumably; but if there's only two gyms there it sounds rather watered down and disappointing; like going to an even tinier version of the original GSC Kanto. Do any of these Legends that you say we can catch have any impact on your game's plot? (They don't all have to, of course, but I'd like to know if any do :) ). What's the point of your character's journey? Even if your goal is to take down an Evil Team ala Ruby; you can still give it a level of uniqueness and freshness that would make playing the game worthwhile. But with so little story provided to us, how can I tell? Try to flesh out your idea a little more and really make it sparkle! That way, we're not all left wondering here what this game will really be like :)

Why are there so many shinies in this region? Is it a quirk of the region? I always hypothesized that Shiny Pokemon (if we look at Pokemon as real creatures rather than programming data) were the result of a rare recessive trait; the equivalent of the yellow, shriveled peas in those Punnet squares from back in Biology class. Perhaps there are so many Shinies because "Heonn" is so isolated from the rest of the country (mayhaps it's a small island near Johto; or an area of land to the north or west of Johto but locked away from it by massive mountain ranges), and that the Pokemon that were trapped there after was cut off had no one left to breed with but each other. Given enough generations of a small number of Pokemon in an area having to constantly inbreed; your genetic pool would be very small, and previously rare recessive traits would start to show - like Shininess. Feel free to come up with a different reason, but just as long as you have one - major plot and setting features should always have some kind of point; rather than just being introduced because you think it's cool and leaving us poor players to wonder "what does this feature do to enrich the story/mood/gameplay? Does it do anything?"

I know Kenji above me already addressed this, but if the shiny ratio is increased to the point where Shinies outnumber regular Pokemon in this region, why does a regular Magikarp need to evolve into a Red Gyarados? Again, what point does this feature have, especially since it seems so redundant? If you can explain it in a way to make it worth our while, than go for it, but otherwise...it just seems a rather odd thing to implement. ^^' (Though if there's a reason for its existence in the first place, go ahead and have it evolve however you like. No one has the right to say you can't give it a Water Stone if that's what you decide :) ).

I notice that you're asking for quite a bit of help with this project. While there's absolutely nothing wrong in looking to others for assistance, few people are going to want to help you when you demonstrate so little of your own skills. Your story and featuers don't really stand out enough for you to attract people on their merits alone; and one of the few things you don't mention needing help with (playing around with the shiny ratios)...you show us no examples. Is this really something you know how to do; or is this a pie-in-the-sky feature that won't actually appear in the final product unless someone else does it for you (if it's possible to do in the first place; I'm unsure if even ASM routines would help you...)? If you can't show us what you can do, or demonstrate you would make a good leader...few people with any talent in the areas you ask for assistance with will volunteer their help. :(

You claim you want someone to "edit text" for you - is that really all you want changed? Altering what people say is only a small part of a much larger discipline called scripting, and a good hack requies lots of different types and variety of scripts in order to succeed and thrive. Any fool with A-text can change the game dialogue; but a ROM hack needs so much more than that. There are two main script editors - XSE and PKSV - and you can find tutorials and download links a short Search away. ^^

I wish you luck with this project. Would be interesting if you could pull off all those Shinies! :) I look forward to seeing you flesh out your storyline and this region, and showing us some screenshots - try out those skills you say you need help with, and you might just learn that you can do them yourself! ^__^

ShinyPidgey
November 13th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Welcome to the forums, ShinyPidgey! ^^ I saw your hack here and thought I'd check it out :)

I'm a little confused here, firstly. Is "Heonn" a misspelling of "Hoenn," or is actually a name for a new region? If it's supposed to be a new region (which is my guess, given that there's no such place as "Luster Town" in Hoenn); why did you give it a name so similar to that of a region that already exists? It leads to player confusion and people thinking you can't spell; neither of which are attributes you really want associated with your project. If you really want your region to evoke Hoenn through its name; perhaps a better alternative would be to call it something like, say...New Hoenn; a region founded by Hoenn explorers of old (much like how "New Zealand" is named for the Dutch island of Zeeland, since the first European to see the islands was Dutch).

Why did you pick Riolu as the starter? It's a rare Pokemon in the main series (you can't catch them wild, you have to wait for Riley to give you an egg), and if you want to hand a canonically rare pokemon out to the Player Trainer; there should be a good reason for it. Riley gives the player character an egg with a rare Pokemon inside as an expression of gratitude; what does your player have to do to get it? Simply handing it over because "Riolu is my favorite Pokemon" is not an excuse; your plot should justify it. Perhaps its knowledge and skill with Aura is needed in order to unravel the plot; or perhaps the Riolu's owner seeks your character out because he or she senses you can help them with whatever the plot objective is. But whatever you do, it should be a for a good reason - gaining windfall rarities for no reason isn't terrifically realistic.

Other than having to collect ten badges rather than eight, and not getting a choice in starter...nothing you've really presented here stands out in terms of your plot. There really isn't any detail for me to decide what playing this game will be like; all I can come up with so far is judged based on what little you do say, and by looking at your features. And so far...nothing seems to make it truly unique from Ruby, other than excessive levels of Shinies (and if you presumably can't even text edit, is this something you'll even be able to implement into your game?). Sure, we can go to Johto presumably; but if there's only two gyms there it sounds rather watered down and disappointing; like going to an even tinier version of the original GSC Kanto. Do any of these Legends that you say we can catch have any impact on your game's plot? (They don't all have to, of course, but I'd like to know if any do :) ). What's the point of your character's journey? Even if your goal is to take down an Evil Team ala Ruby; you can still give it a level of uniqueness and freshness that would make playing the game worthwhile. But with so little story provided to us, how can I tell? Try to flesh out your idea a little more and really make it sparkle! That way, we're not all left wondering here what this game will really be like :)

Why are there so many shinies in this region? Is it a quirk of the region? I always hypothesized that Shiny Pokemon (if we look at Pokemon as real creatures rather than programming data) were the result of a rare recessive trait; the equivalent of the yellow, shriveled peas in those Punnet squares from back in Biology class. Perhaps there are so many Shinies because "Heonn" is so isolated from the rest of the country (mayhaps it's a small island near Johto; or an area of land to the north or west of Johto but locked away from it by massive mountain ranges), and that the Pokemon that were trapped there after was cut off had no one left to breed with but each other. Given enough generations of a small number of Pokemon in an area having to constantly inbreed; your genetic pool would be very small, and previously rare recessive traits would start to show - like Shininess. Feel free to come up with a different reason, but just as long as you have one - major plot and setting features should always have some kind of point; rather than just being introduced because you think it's cool and leaving us poor players to wonder "what does this feature do to enrich the story/mood/gameplay? Does it do anything?"

I know Kenji above me already addressed this, but if the shiny ratio is increased to the point where Shinies outnumber regular Pokemon in this region, why does a regular Magikarp need to evolve into a Red Gyarados? Again, what point does this feature have, especially since it seems so redundant? If you can explain it in a way to make it worth our while, than go for it, but otherwise...it just seems a rather odd thing to implement. ^^' (Though if there's a reason for its existence in the first place, go ahead and have it evolve however you like. No one has the right to say you can't give it a Water Stone if that's what you decide :) ).

I notice that you're asking for quite a bit of help with this project. While there's absolutely nothing wrong in looking to others for assistance, few people are going to want to help you when you demonstrate so little of your own skills. Your story and featuers don't really stand out enough for you to attract people on their merits alone; and one of the few things you don't mention needing help with (playing around with the shiny ratios)...you show us no examples. Is this really something you know how to do; or is this a pie-in-the-sky feature that won't actually appear in the final product unless someone else does it for you (if it's possible to do in the first place; I'm unsure if even ASM routines would help you...)? If you can't show us what you can do, or demonstrate you would make a good leader...few people with any talent in the areas you ask for assistance with will volunteer their help. :(

You claim you want someone to "edit text" for you - is that really all you want changed? Altering what people say is only a small part of a much larger discipline called scripting, and a good hack requies lots of different types and variety of scripts in order to succeed and thrive. Any fool with A-text can change the game dialogue; but a ROM hack needs so much more than that. There are two main script editors - XSE and PKSV - and you can find tutorials and download links a short Search away. ^^

I wish you luck with this project. Would be interesting if you could pull off all those Shinies! :) I look forward to seeing you flesh out your storyline and this region, and showing us some screenshots - try out those skills you say you need help with, and you might just learn that you can do them yourself! ^__^

1.Ehehehe...Well i can't really makeup any new region names so i'll go with ur idea "New Hoenn" thats good.

2.Why Riolu you ask..I put him in this Because,you can handle RIOLU so well in battle
that prof.Lacne gives him to you in concept that Riolu could trust you and will
battle with honor and trust,so..long story short,You[Hero],could handle pokemon
so strong with wisdom that he Trusts you in taking care of his RIOLU and completing
the Dexter!

3.Well,if thats the way,i'll make it THREE starters then![Dont really what to put as the other 2],and you don't HAVE to get 10 Badges I explained it wrong sorry,but Text editing? it's easy just takes forever searching,adding,searching,adding,searching,adding...you know what i mean right? Well,yeah i can just take Johto and kanto out,it will be just like extra work making those regions anyways lol,No,not a MAJOR impact but it'll be some work for to fit ALL those legends into one game,

4.Well,you do make an explicablie rather than great point,for myself i have no clue,should i make the shiny radio go down?

5.Hmm,another good point,i'll try to make it LESS help,but i HATE text editing too,it takes forever! plus,Spriting is long too,you need to REcreate all angles of the resorce!

Thanks for all your support,[and details!]

~Sp

Haku.
November 14th, 2009, 01:13 AM
@kenji
I'm not being rude :p
Just a typo error.. i intended to put should. Didn't check it after i posted it.
Sorry Sp

ShinyPidgey
November 17th, 2009, 04:31 PM
@kenji
I'm not being rude :p
Just a typo error.. i intended to put should. Didn't check it after i posted it.
Sorry Sp

Sorry was in Mexico for a week!
Well it's ok,