PDA

View Full Version : Do you want Soul/Kotone in the HGSS arc?

Taichi
November 11th, 2009, 02:55 AM
Just curious.
If the HGSS arc starts, would you want to see Kotone or whatever she's called nowadays in there?

I personally wouldn't mind if they do. But if they don't, that's okay also.

Wallace Berlitz
November 11th, 2009, 04:10 AM
My answer: Yes and No. I want Kotone to be in HGSS arc, but I don't want a whole new Kotone, I want Crystal to be Kotone since their hair style almost the same.

Maxim
November 11th, 2009, 06:28 AM
I want Crystal to be Kotone since their hair style almost the same.

Stupid reason to unify two characters.

Especially that they have two remotely different dressing tastes. Crystal in Kotone's tasteless clothes? God, no!

I want Kotone to be a new character. I want her to appear side-to-side with Kris to show the world that the two aren't the same.

Wallace Berlitz
November 11th, 2009, 06:42 AM
That's just my personal preference. Anything makes you happy then.

Venusaur♣
November 15th, 2009, 09:51 AM
I wouldn't mind. I'm just about to begin reading the Pokemon Manga anyways.

SuperLink
November 17th, 2009, 07:15 AM
100% with Maxim on this one. I don't get why people think Kotone is a redesigned Kris personally, the differences in Gold and Red are as plain as day, but atleast they look mostly the same colour and costume wise. There's about as much similarity with Kotone and Kris as there is with Dawn and Leaf.

If Kotone were to appear in the manga, I wouldn't want them to change Crys, Crys' personality currently suits her look fine, but Crys has already had her characters development unlike Green (female), and so has no reason to change her clothing style so drastically.

Unfortunately that's not going to happen, no matter how much I want it. Crys will change her hairstyle and clothes to match Kotone's, and she'll never be the same. Why? Because Kotone isn't named after a colour. The way I see it they'd rather not introduce a new character at all than introduce a Pokédex holder without a colour name.

Ambellina
November 17th, 2009, 07:18 AM
I want Kotone to be a new character. I want her to appear side-to-side with Kris to show the world that the two aren't the same.

FINALLY! Thank you. Just...thank you for that

Wallace Berlitz
November 17th, 2009, 08:31 AM
The way I see it they'd rather not introduce a new character at all than introduce a Pokédex holder without a colour name.

That's what I thought. There's no version name for her.

Mileyangel
November 17th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Even though she's not in the game, I hope our Crystal will pop up every now and then, like with Professor Oak as his assistant.

Guy
November 17th, 2009, 11:37 AM
I wouldn't mind having Kotone appear in a new arc of the manga for HGSS as a new character to be honest. It'll show that Kris and her are two different individuals and that besides similar appearance they are not the same person. Also, I think it could add in a new twist with a new character now and maybe make a turn of events for the other characters of the new arc. Really, with her being introduced as the new female protagonist in the game, I find it as though maybe Kotone should be brought in.

However, that isn't to say I would want Kris removed, because she at least deserves to keep her place in the manga seeing as she was not brought in as the Johto girl for the fourth generation.

SuperLink
November 17th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Unfortunately due to the manga's history I only see it being one or the other

-Kotone replacing Crys
-Crys becoming Kotone

Rather than having both characters with an equal standing as individuals. (Which imo would make most people happy). However with any one of these choices a lot of fans are going to be disappointed...

RubyJB88
November 17th, 2009, 03:49 PM
I remember in the latest D/P/Pt arc they showed silhouettes of the other 'Dex holders. Now I don't know when it was published, but surely it had to be after HG/SS was revealed? And Crys in there still looked the same, so could that hint that there's no change?

Clover Cat
November 17th, 2009, 05:51 PM
I remember in the latest D/P/Pt arc they showed silhouettes of the other 'Dex holders. Now I don't know when it was published, but surely it had to be after HG/SS was revealed? And Crys in there still looked the same, so could that hint that there's no change?
It was in a panel in last month's update. It's probably somewhere on Serebii. Must look that up.

I don't really understand why it's either Kotone that's being bashed, or the outfit that's being flamed. If Crys is put in the outfit, why do people think that she wouldn't look good in it, or that it wouldn't suit her? The most that would change would be her hairstyle/color, and since she's still wearing pants and, noticeably, not a skirt, she can still retain her title as the 'Capturer'. Maybe it has something to do with preference, which I can slightly agree with, but from the fanart of this I've seen over the past couple of months, I really don't think she'll look so bad. And if fanart looks good, then I usually expect the actual art itself to be better.

Kotone herself wouldn't be a bad idea, but I'd really like to know how people believe that she'd just insert herself into the storyline. If Kotone would be introduced as a new character, she'd have to have a background of some kind - family, relationships, a personality, some kind of ties to the other Dex Holders (probably Gold, if the storyline from the games are anything to go by), a use to serve in the storyline/plot, etc. Nor do I want her to completely replace Crys if she does appear, like joining Silver and Gold on a journey and having Crys stay behind to reappear in a panel now and again. That just doesn't work, and I hate it when characters, especially ones with good character development, are neglected. That would include Kotone herself in the case that she would be introduced.

Myself, I wouldn't really mind either way. If Kotone appears, but Crys is kept in and has an active role in the plot, that would be just peaches and cream. But like Link said, that's probably not going to happen, so I'd rather Crys stay with a revamped outfit. I'm sure that had nothing to do with my obsession with pairings, yes.

EDIT: Found it. The picture itself (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/Coronis/Pokemon/Images/DexH.jpg), as well as the page with the chapter summaries on it (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=420634&page=4). Seeing that page again made me start fangirling again. MYAH.

Wallace Berlitz
November 17th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Although I want Kotone to be Crystal, but if she's a new character, that's not a bad idea though. So that Silver has a 'pair'?

RubyJB88
November 18th, 2009, 08:36 AM
So that Silver has a 'pair'?

That's what I'm thinking. Kotone and Silver look good together.

Asgard
November 18th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Unfortunately due to the manga's history I only see it being one or the other

-Kotone replacing Crys
-Crys becoming Kotone

Rather than having both characters with an equal standing as individuals. (Which imo would make most people happy). However with any one of these choices a lot of fans are going to be disappointed...

I'd rather see Kotone replace Crys than Crys becoming Kotone... but I think the latter is most likely to happen :c But my ideal saga would have both of them present. :> I dunno how it would work though... D: I keep envisioning Crys as some kind of mentor for Kotone.

And for some reason I see Kotone and Gold togetherhjghgjsjfdshjh I'm not a fan of MangaQuest

SuperLink
November 18th, 2009, 09:20 AM
I'd rather see Kotone replace Crys than Crys becoming Kotone... but I think the latter is most likely to happen :c But my ideal saga would have both of them present. :> I dunno how it would work though... D: I keep envisioning Crys as some kind of mentor for Kotone.
It seems that having both characters with an important role is definitely the most popular choice with fans, but who knows what the writers will do....

I see Kotone being a childhood friend of Gold who moved away when they were young, and then she moves back (although that sounds a bit too Ruby and Sapphire doesn't it..? :/)

And for some reason I see Kotone and Gold togetherhjghgjsjfdshjhI like that pairing too <:

Idiot!
November 27th, 2009, 04:06 AM
I would prefer it if Kotone is the only trainer from main games in her arc. Yeah, the only Pokedex holder of her saga. Of course, the chances of this happening is very low. Too low to consider, I would say. There are too many Gold and Silver fans.

Ninetales433
December 2nd, 2009, 08:24 PM
I want Kotone in the manga.But I hope she doesn't replace Kris though.

Sand Alchemist
December 13th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Please yes. HGSS needs a chapter in the manga.

GoldvsRed
December 18th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Stupid reason to unify two characters.

Especially that they have two remotely different dressing tastes. Crystal in Kotone's tasteless clothes? God, no!

It is quite poor reasoning, but hey, they did that with Blue and Leaf.

lucawesome
December 19th, 2009, 05:15 AM
Long answer short, yes, I do want to see her if there's a HG/SS arc. Ugh, but I don't even want to think about what's gonna happen or what they're gonna do with Kris. Too many possible theories.

Also, let's not forget about Eusine.
That's where it's at.

Doctor
December 20th, 2009, 03:26 PM
No. Not if she's gonna be with Silver and Gold and take over Crys' role (since Crys is a lab assistant now). I'd be ok with it if they made her like Yellow though; a new hero, perhaps a dex holder, with a veeery special personality and/or style. And not too weird, like Dia...... *shot*

Crys MUST be there though. She's still my favourite female, side with Misty. And Eusine... how old is Crys now? *naughty shipper grin*

WAIT. I realized. There is no new color - only colored/game named characters get a dex. She'll be a female Wally. More likely they'll do like they did with Leaf -> Blue though. Sigh.

Spikey-Eared Pichu
December 20th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Should Kotone be added to the manga as a new character, I can see her being a possible cousin to Blue or Gold. But, as has been said, Kotone will, sadly, be merged with Crys ;-;

OR this may be an oppurtunity for there to be leaked info about Gen. 5! Think about it, with no colors to name Kotone after, perhaps, just maybe, she'll be named after a yet-to-be-released version! This is just me being whimsical, but you never know. Stranger things have happened; I.E. May getting a Munchlax in the anime before Gen. 4 was announced, or Ho-OH appearing in Episode...2(?) of Gen 1. in the Anime.

Clover Cat
December 20th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Crys MUST be there though. She's still my favourite female, side with Misty. And Eusine... how old is Crys now? *naughty shipper grin*
Even if she's older Eusine would still be, what, more then ten years older then her? And she's not really chasing Suicune anymore. Which is why she was destined to be with Gold! *shot*

OR this may be an oppurtunity for there to be leaked info about Gen. 5! Think about it, with no colors to name Kotone after, perhaps, just maybe, she'll be named after a yet-to-be-released version! This is just me being whimsical, but you never know. Stranger things have happened; I.E. May getting a Munchlax in the anime before Gen. 4 was announced, or Ho-OH appearing in Episode...2(?) of Gen 1. in the Anime.
I really doubt the manga should have any reason to reference to a fifth generation, at least for now. It's never done anything for advertisement purposes, considering the anime does it all for the franchise. And those examples are all for the anime, not the manga, so I don't see how they're liable examples in the first place.

Spikey-Eared Pichu
December 22nd, 2009, 07:11 PM
Well, here's a bit more cement to the idea that Kotone will replace Kris:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/e5/Crystal_Special.png
This is a picture of Kris before her hair was changed to blue in the manga.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/39/HGSSSoul.png
And here is a picture of our perky and cute Kotone. Am I the only one who sees the similarity between the two?

Idiot!
December 27th, 2009, 08:40 AM
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/e5/Crystal_Special.png
This is a picture of Kris before her hair was changed to blue in the manga.

Wrong. That picture is drawn for the Emerald arc, which means her hair was brown, then blue, then the current colour you see here. So, that is a picture of Crystal after her hair was changed to blue in the manga

Teomat
January 9th, 2010, 01:46 AM
Why don't anybody think that Kotone can be Crys under cover? She pretend to newby trainer and joined team rocket(as I remember, this is one of the HGSS plot) to work inside them?

zuniga325
January 11th, 2010, 06:18 PM
1. I see Kotone as a modified Kris(Crys) because nobody didn't assume that Hibiki WASN'T Gold.
2.The females in the anime were given non-color games while in the manga they
were given version names:
Anime/Game names: Manga:
Unnamed female/Leaf Blue
May/Haruka Sapphire
Dawn/Hikari Platinum Berlitz
Marina Crys
3. On top of that Kotone's beginner is Chikorita and I don't think Crys is gonna give Mega to an amateur.
4. Crys hair was brown on more than one occasion throughout her appearance in the manga. It doesn't mean that it can't change again.

Masterge77
January 13th, 2010, 03:11 PM
It will just be Kris in Kotone's (or whatever her english name will be) outfit

Maxim
January 14th, 2010, 09:59 AM
God. If that's brown, that I'm probably a daltonist.

GlitchCity
January 31st, 2010, 12:29 PM
personally no. But I have a strong feeling that she will make an appearence in the manga. I much rather Crystal to return.

kyunyo
February 2nd, 2010, 06:13 PM
Hm, for nostalgia's sakes, I wouldn't want a new character, but then again Kotone might be very refreshing. I haven't had the time to look at her character personality or anything yet, so I can't jump to the conclusion that I don't want her there.

I like Kris, but it'd be nice if she was, as some people said before, a mentor to Kotone.

iLaxbe!
February 2nd, 2010, 07:55 PM
1. Although I think that Kris' hair is odd, and she would look... nice... with Lyra's clothes and haircut, there must be four main characters in each saga. Actually, that's the reason why I think they made a new female character to replace Kris in the games. So the only one with three protagonists would be the DPt Saga (since Wally is the 4th protagonist of RuSaEm IMO).
2. And Lyra/Silver would make a perfect couple together! ^_^
3. I haven't seen Kris nor Lyra in the HGSS saga pictures, that must be a big surprise then.

Clover Cat
February 3rd, 2010, 09:51 AM
1. Although I think that Kris' hair is odd, and she would look... nice... with Lyra's clothes and haircut, there must be four main characters in each saga. Actually, that's the reason why I think they made a new female character to replace Kris in the games. So the only one with three protagonists would be the DPt Saga (since Wally is the 4th protagonist of RuSaEm IMO).
2. And Lyra/Silver would make a perfect couple together! ^_^
3. I haven't seen Kris nor Lyra in the HGSS saga pictures, that must be a big surprise then.
1. Can you inform me as to why there must be four main characters in every saga? It's true you could claim it as a tradition, but by that reasoning there should be a hidden Dex-Holder-in-the-making somewhere in DP or Platinum.
2. Shippings don't really count, considering nothing is canon as of yet.
3. The writers are either keeping it in suspense on purpose, don't really care because they think it's obvious, or they themselves haven't yet decided (though this last one is highly unlikely at this point).

iLaxbe!
February 3rd, 2010, 02:45 PM
1. Can you inform me as to why there must be four main characters in every saga? It's true you could claim it as a tradition, but by that reasoning there should be a hidden Dex-Holder-in-the-making somewhere in DP or Platinum.
2. Shippings don't really count, considering nothing is canon as of yet.
3. The writers are either keeping it in suspense on purpose, don't really care because they think it's obvious, or they themselves haven't yet decided (though this last one is highly unlikely at this point).1. Because I like it this way. No other reason.
2. Shippings give more reality and really can keep the reader's attention in any kind of novel.
3. ... I think I said the same in my last post, but with less words. That just wasn't a question, so please don't answer, no matter how much you like to show your knowledges.

P.S.: This forums and threads are supposed to be a place to post our opinions and share them with no judgements (as you can see in the Rules). But if you don't agree with another user, tell him why you don't and let's make PC a place to acquire new thoughts, together. And don't cut off the ideas you don't fell good about.

Clover Cat
February 3rd, 2010, 03:07 PM
1. Because I like it this way. No other reason.
2. Shippings give more reality and really can keep the reader's attention in any kind of novel.
3. ... I think I said the same in my last post, but with less words. That just wasn't a question, so please don't answer, no matter how much you like to show your knowledges.

P.S.: This forums and threads are supposed to be a place to post our opinions and share them with no judgements (as you can see in the Rules). But if you don't agree with another user, tell him why you don't and let's make PC a place to acquire new thoughts, together. And don't cut off the ideas you don't fell good about.
1. Good enough.
2. *shrugs* I'm a shipper myself. Can't really argue, although my point still stands.

Ignoring three. And I apologize if I came off as rude, because that wasn't my intention. Yes, I have read the Rules. I wasn't trying to cut off anyone's ideas, I just decided to respond to yours. Maybe that's my fault for being lazy. I don't remember insulting you, I was just making a point. Again, if there was a misunderstanding, that was not my intention.

iLaxbe!
February 4th, 2010, 07:09 AM
Another point is the number of girls being PokéDex holders. Everyone remembers the first versions, when you could not choose between boy and girl. It was PokéSpe what showed that female protagonists would not spoil Pokémon, as some Japanese Game Directors may have thought. That's why another girl with a Dex would be great, too.

To Clover Cat:
Oh, no milady. I didn't use the word insulting. I'm pretty sure that it wasn't intentional, but what you posted came out mean, at least for me. It's that there are two ways of posting. One of them is the one you chose, the other one would be like this:1. There must be four protagonists in every saga? So you think there's a hidden Dex-Holder-in-the-making somewhere in DP or Platinum? It could be, but I don't think so.
2. *shrugs* I'm a shipper myself. Can't really argue, although shippings don't really count, considering nothing is canon as of yet.
3. Yes, indeed. Maybe they themselves haven't yet decided (though this last one is highly unlikely at this point).See? You did not have to agree with me, but you could make me more comfortable about saying what I think with a slight change of words. I'm asking too much, I know, but this is not the first time I feel that a PokéFan (one of my people) puts his/her ideas as the only truth. But it's alright, let's get past this, okay?

System!
February 7th, 2010, 06:55 PM
Lol, the name Lyra brings HDM vibes in me.

I see Lyra being more likely to be a new character, rather than being Crys in a new outfit. As people have said before, Crys could be her mentor. I can certainly see it.

mgarciai
February 11th, 2010, 05:01 PM
I'm not sure how I would want them to resolve this issue.
However, I can see them doing what they did with Blue.
I want to say that in stadium 2 for n64 the female player sprite would take the form of red with brown pigtails which was supposed to be Crys, so maybe...

Ryousha
February 14th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Lol, the name Lyra brings HDM vibes in me.

I see Lyra being more likely to be a new character, rather than being Crys in a new outfit. As people have said before, Crys could be her mentor. I can certainly see it.

I see it too, but if Kusaka and Yamamoto have other things in mind. Well we just have to test our luck on the outcome. Also i don't really like HG/SS Gold's outfit. I liked his old style.

Finnel
February 15th, 2010, 09:27 AM
I'd hate it if Crystal became Kotone, and I'd hate it if Kotone stole Crystal's spotlight. With the former, the transition would just be too strange, Kotone looks like a peppy farmer girl, and Crystal's already been established as a badass researcher. The latter would be equally painful, as I've been a long time Crystal fan ever since her game and I think she really needs more attention.

I'd be completely fine with Kotone going on an adventure alone, or just her joining up with the original cast. I'm really hoping the writers don't screw this up for me.

JadeX
February 25th, 2010, 09:30 PM
There will be HGSS series for Pokemon Adventure , there's already hint on it .
Anyway , I don't think Kotone will be another character .
Maybe Crystal with a new outfit (like Green)

And ya , it would probably be like the Fire Red / Leaf Green storyline , but maybe focusing on other legendaries ?
OH , there's still a part where Crystal heard Guile Hideout (Archie) telling him about Sird(?) which is at the end of Vol 29 . Maybe teh storyline would continue from there

GSCyndaquil19
February 27th, 2010, 09:13 PM
yea probably Kotone since she fits more with the HGSS story

Mika555
March 6th, 2010, 10:49 AM
I know that I have not been here awhile, but I was involved in something else. Crys hair is brown, but it is dark brown. To my eyes Red from this manga looks nothing like his counterparts from RGBY and FRLG games with the expection of the clothes. To me Crystal from Pokemon Special looks more similar to Kotone than Red does to his game counterparts. I can understand why people think that she is a separate character from Crystal girl because of the anime since the anime advertises for the games. Then again Ash from the anime wore similar clothes to Lucas even though appeared in a movie, but we are talking about Pokemon Special not the games and they might handle it in a different way. I would love for there to be more female characters in Pokemon Special but unfortunately the writers in Pokemon Special seem to name the main characters after a game and they have to represent that game they are named after. Kotone has not even appeared in the poster of the HGSS arc nor has she appeared in the first arcs. I would think that the Pokemon Special writers would have a character based off a playable character in the game play a major role in the arc. So I think that the writers will either make Crystal wear Kotone's clothes or they will not use the HGSS outfit at all.

Skitty Crazy
March 10th, 2010, 08:48 PM
I've always figured Chris would just inherit Soul's outfit, like Blue did with Leaf... Sure, you could argue that they look totally different, but I just don't see Soul being her own character, really. >_<

Opinions, opinions. We will never know until the first volume comes out! x3

Maxim
March 13th, 2010, 12:28 AM
like Blue did with Leaf...

No such thing as "Leaf" exists, do you realize?

You're reading too much Bulbapedia.

Blue is based on the female character from early game concept art. Your "Leaf" is supposed to be incarnation of the said girl. So, Blue IS "Leaf". The two are by no means different.

SuperLink
May 10th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Epic thread revive in dead board!

Well I'm incredibly annoyed, I know everyone saw this coming, but....
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/7618/1273508408038.jpg

- Crys is Lyra
- Crys is now wearing a costume that doesn't match her personality
- fgsfds

I've repeated this many times, and the manga-ka have made bad decisions in the past, but this is the worst possible solution to the whole Crys/Lyra problem, and they went ahead and did it anyway.
Why.

PS. She does look kinda cute, but that's not Crys or Lyra, it's some creepy mix.

Mileyangel
May 10th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Oh, yeah! I saw this on Serebii Forums the other day and thought it was hilarious.

Hmm, I still don't know. Crystal's old outfit WAS really cute...

Asgard
May 11th, 2010, 10:08 AM
I am disappointed D: and that picture makes the lower half of her body look very very alien because her shorts are way too short and her legs look way too far apart what the heck.

I have to admit, though, the hat looks a lot better than I feared, and her hair still has that angle in it. :3

Idiot!
May 12th, 2010, 11:25 PM
I really hope it's temporary and she borrowed the clothes from someone else. Fat hope. Sometimes I wonder why I bought the manga at all, besides the fact it's cheap (literally and figuratively).

Mileyangel
May 13th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Considering how embarrassed she looks in the picture, and how her mother is shown in the earlier tiles (check netkun) my theory is that her mom forced it on her.

Idiot!
May 14th, 2010, 12:34 AM
She's not embarrassed. Did you see her blush?

She is probably shocked to see Silver, because the bubble most likely says "シルバー?" or, "Silver?"

RYOUKI
May 14th, 2010, 12:42 AM
I want her to be Crystal's little sister of something! I really don't see why people, according to Bulbapedia, "See Kotone as an updated form of Cyrstal". Really, they are two different types of people. Isn't obvious with the way they dress?

I'd want Kotone to be the main heroine or something, like Gold returning back and discovering a young budding trainer.

EDIT: Saw the pic, and was like. Wtf? Kotone's clothes does not fit Crystal in anyway, whatsoever! It's so childish, D:

Mileyangel
May 16th, 2010, 04:57 PM
I was browsing on Bulbapedia and found this.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/57/Crystal_HGSS.png