PDA

View Full Version : What was your reaction to the Sevii Islands?

GlitchCity
November 15th, 2009, 09:53 AM
When I first played my leafgreen version and bill came running to me I was like whattt??? And when I reached one island I thought it was pretty cool. I did a lot of training in the sevii islands.

so what did you think of them?

Venusaur♣
November 15th, 2009, 09:57 AM
I was kind of surprised. At first I thought they were like the Orange Islands. I did a lot and still do a lot of training there.

Sydian
November 15th, 2009, 10:23 AM
I thought it was great because in the original games, you had no where to train before fighting Giovanni after beating Blaine. So yeah, I spent a lot of time getting ready for the gym there. I've had such a hunch to play FRLG this week. I kinda just wanna go to the Sevii Islands...yup. That's why.

Silhouette
November 15th, 2009, 10:50 AM
I thought they were an amazing addition to the game. After a while, I found them quite boring, but now I'm back to my original opinion, thinking that they are great.

Yeah, sorry if that was a confusing post. >.<

rndm.
November 15th, 2009, 12:06 PM
They were awesome. I enjoy small islands in general, I hope they make islands like that in some future pokemon game.

Cassino
November 15th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Hearing of it I was like "LOL LAME EXTENSION", but when I got there, it's actually a really nice region that for me seconds Jōto.

I never tried, but what happens if you say no to Bill, does he insist there and then or 'force' you again later? If so, when?

Kirbychu
November 15th, 2009, 05:17 PM
I never tried, but what happens if you say no to Bill, does he insist there and then or 'force' you again later? If so, when?
He'll assume you're busy, go to the Cinnabar Pokemon Center and wait for you to be ready.

They saved Kanto IMO. They really helped out the replay value for me. It was also nice to be able to obtain some Johto Pokemon.

The Girl Once named Tracie
November 15th, 2009, 05:39 PM
I kind of got spoiled on that one, because my friend got the game before me (my parents weren't about to but a hundred dollar game system and game for their six year old kid who would rather be outside pretending to be a pokemon) and she told me about it ):

Arcta
November 17th, 2009, 11:50 AM
b.u.m.p just here to help people bump :)

Ayselipera
November 17th, 2009, 04:15 PM
=D

And that was my reaction.

Nintendork15
November 22nd, 2009, 04:44 AM
they are cool
but nintendo could have put johto and hoenn there instead....
But yeah i still train there now all lvl 89 training with the ladies lots of money if u used a amulet coin.

Mr. Tabachi
November 22nd, 2009, 09:58 PM
The Sevii Islands BEAST!!!! I play through the game just to get to them! And there's a special place just for dunsparce! AWESOME!

Heather
November 23rd, 2009, 07:48 AM
I love the Sevii Islands. I was shocked at first because I had no idea that their was going to be Sevii Islands in the game. I did a lot of training there too.

blackmoonflower
November 23rd, 2009, 01:35 PM
I liked the islands. I thought the plot was pretty cool and there's some pretty tough trainers there.

Amore
November 23rd, 2009, 02:10 PM
I love the Sevii Islands.

I thought it was brilliant, particularly when i wandered through it the first time with no idea what i was doing, and caught a Shiny Jolly Larvitar.And when i saw a Sentret, and evolved it into Furret, i was addicted to raising it.

In fact, i like them so much i only used one poke not out of them for my 2nd E4 challenge.I used:
Dragonite
Tyranitar
Furret
Magmar

benthekid
November 23rd, 2009, 02:19 PM
my charmeleon evolved there.i also got my snorlax and lapras out of there pc boxs for uber adventures!

Heather
November 29th, 2009, 04:40 PM
I thought "If they could make these why not just make johto?"

Maybe they didnt have that much room in the game. Maybe they only have anough room for those Sevii Islands (which is not as big as Johto.) But idk. Thats just what I think.

Heather
November 29th, 2009, 04:55 PM
There is enough room, rom hackers have remade gold version using fire red version as the source. Oh well, they where quite cool I guess.

Hmm then maybe they needed a reason to make another game. Like HeartGold and SoulSilver. Idk there are maybe a lot of reasons. Which we may never know.

Nikorasu
December 5th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Exact thought:
"Ugh i was expecting to be going to a different region like johto or hoenn :\ not this crap."

Emotion.
December 6th, 2009, 07:27 AM
It was a disappointment, they were only really there to find Johto Pokemon.

amoliski
December 6th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Personally, I don't like them at all. Once you get all seven, it quickly becomes confusing as to what locations are on what island. I ended up getting mixed up and redoing entire islands to find stuff. They could have made it one map and I would have been happier, that way you have a better idea of what's going on. I would have preferred one big island overall though.

Dashi_sato
December 7th, 2009, 08:47 PM
i loved the sevii islands.favorite part of FRLG. I train there alot, and the addition of johto pokes was amazing, i would have liked to see them a little bigger, because they were fun as hell, including the story w/ team rocket and all.
too bad they arent gonna be in HG/SS :(((((

Troggy
December 11th, 2009, 05:52 AM
For me it was kind of disappointing, but FR/LG in general are pretty mehhh.

Xebelleon
December 11th, 2009, 06:17 AM
Initial reaction:

Ticked at having to "work" for computer storage access. All I had was Blastoise and Aerodactyl in my party when I said yes the first time.

Later reaction:

Chansey Dance for the win!

Yuoaman
December 11th, 2009, 09:43 PM
I thought that it was pretty great, was really amazing to get that much needed training before the final gym battle.

Enigma
December 12th, 2009, 04:35 PM
I thought that they were a nice addition to the games.

KSR
December 12th, 2009, 10:20 PM
I thought they were pretty cool a first but after awhile I got kinda annoyed of them, for no specific reason. Maybe because they are a bit long, especially the sapphire part. Dx LOL

Well anyway, I think it is a nice addition to the game and a little extra to do in the game. Also very nice areas to train and other species of Pokemon. xD

Sand Alchemist
December 13th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Indeed, I´d like Sevii Islands to be available in HGSS :(

batmon
December 13th, 2009, 06:14 PM
I only liked it because I was able to trade my favorite pokemon from my Ruby (my lvl 100 Altaria) to Fire Red.

PerlaNemesis
December 16th, 2009, 05:59 AM
I think they are great. It was perfect place for my training.

SCV058
December 16th, 2009, 07:20 AM
The Sevvi Islands are kool. Its nice to have some more stuff to do after the E4.

TypeiroZySopy
December 18th, 2009, 02:31 AM
I felt really wired, rather happy. It was something I always wanted but I thought I would feel happier. In a way I always knew they would have to be made.

Few minutes later, I went outside and did a little running

Anyway, that is only my reaction. What was yours like?

Jubilation
December 18th, 2009, 03:10 AM
I felt they were a nice addition to a game, I also enjoyed how completion of the game required you to do some quests there.

Ilitsa
December 18th, 2009, 03:43 AM
Honestly, I don't even REMEMBER them, so it must have been a pretty small impact on me XD Pretty much, all I remember was "Awesome, somewhere else to train at and dominate >=D"

Adventure
December 18th, 2009, 04:12 AM
I have never played FR/LG long enough to get there :p Maybe I should.

Weird
December 18th, 2009, 09:03 AM
I really thought they were pretty cool first, but afterall they are too short. They should have made a longer storyline for the islands.

Red1530
December 22nd, 2009, 08:29 AM
My reaction to the islands was positive. I liked the fact I could catch Johto Pokémon there.

Live Update King
December 22nd, 2009, 10:17 AM
Someone should do a hack to grow it into a region and to find out how it developed :)

nui876
December 24th, 2009, 05:10 PM
i thought it was awsome. i caght alot of new pokemon there

MastaMind
December 25th, 2009, 02:50 PM
the islands were a unique addition to the game. Moltres being ontop of a mountain instead in victory road was a surprise to me, as well as that lady who gave your starters kickass moves, but they weren't the greatest thing i came across in the games. They seemed almost as a "Filler addon" to the game to mix things up a bit.

im also not the biggest fan of FRLG either.

BHwolfgang
December 25th, 2009, 03:04 PM
I thought it was a great addition to the remake of Gen. I. =)

That was where I spent the most time training my Pokemons, especially the Day Care. =O

Tox
December 25th, 2009, 03:37 PM
They were alright, nothing special. If anything, I slightly disliked them. Sure, they were alright for training, but they were far more annoying than helpful. They should have given the Islands proper names to make them more memorable. They should've all been on one map too. Then again, I didn't enjoy FireRed as much as most people. It was actually my least favourite set of games out of the main series. It was strange since Red/Green/Blue/Yellow was my second favourite, just behind Gold/Silver/Crystal.

Maelstromk
December 27th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Well I LOVED them up until I saw the baille code puzzle...
then I just pust the game down gently..and walked away...

Anselection
December 27th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Here's my reaction:

O.o...? :o... :D... :D :D!!!!