PDA

View Full Version : Whats Better?

Destinyfate
November 16th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Hey Guys/Gals You guys tell me What GBA Game Is The Best out of the above then Give one Reason Why.I personally Say Emerald Because its in Hoenn my Favourite region and has all three Legendarys!

Owl
November 16th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Either Emerald or FireRed. :/ its a hard choice.

Dixie Kong
November 16th, 2009, 05:36 PM
I didn't like FRLG and Emerald is just a badass version of Ruby/Sapphire, soooo...it takes the win for me. Not to mention the introduction of the Battle Frontier.

Kirbychu
November 16th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Emerald, definitely.

You get to take on two evil teams.
I liked the selection of Pokemon in Hoenn.
The Battle Frontier was great, even better than Platinum's.
Gym Leader rematches (Double battles!).
Geographically, I love the Hoenn region, it's my favorite. So many interesting areas...

The Girl Once named Tracie
November 16th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Leafgreen

-Mewtwo is the best pokemon you could catch

-There are not thousands of water routes

-the islands are endlessly fun

-there is a lot of playabilty after the championship

-Tons of pokemon to catch!

-and, as always, I don't acknowelde pokemon after Johto (;

lucario072
November 17th, 2009, 01:32 AM
-the islands are endlessly fun

If by endlessly fun you mean a boring waste of time then yeah they are endless fun and are the best places in pokearth

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
November 17th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Leaf Green. I never liked Hoenn as a region (too much water, unmemorable gym leaders/Elite Four), I LOVE Leaf's character design, and the selection of Pokemon gives it the edge over Fire Red.

PhantomDraco
November 17th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Fire Red has always been my favorite. It was the first Pokemon game I ever played, and I went through at the same time a friend was playing LG, so it was a lot of fun.

addam19
November 17th, 2009, 10:50 AM
I like ruby because i love Groudon *-*

Nikorasu
November 17th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Emerald, It had the best and biggest story line. Plus you could catch lots of legendaries. I hated fire-red it had such a boring storyline with the bits of getting the rubya nd sapphire :\

Destinyfate
November 17th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Id say
2.Leafgreen/Fired
3.Ruby/Saphire

Sky_Attack
November 18th, 2009, 06:06 AM
I think I had the most fun playing Emerald, but I also like FR/LG.

So my first choice is Emerald.

yaminokaitou
November 18th, 2009, 06:44 AM
I'm not a big fan of R/S/E. I prefer FR/LG.

Heather
November 18th, 2009, 08:03 AM
My favourite would be Emerald. Hoenn is my favorite region and I also loved having both Rayquaza and Swampert on my team (both are favourite Pokemon).

aka_Pyro
November 18th, 2009, 12:54 PM
I played Yellow first, so FR definitely gets points for nostalgia with me. Yet, I prefer Sapphire Version. On every Pokemon game I have, I've restarted at least once, with the exception of Sapphire and Diamond.

So, that means I've had the same Sapphire Version game file since I first opened the game up in 2003. Since then, I've raised an amazing Blaziken, ousted Team Aqua, saved Hoenn from disaster and preserved Kyogre from being used for evil, used my Nintendo Power EON Ticket to get myself a Latios, and traded them both to Colosseum where they mop the floor with Team Snagem and Team Cipher.

I don't plan on importing anything from Sapphire to Diamond. I hold every Pokemon I capture and raise there to be sacred, and don't want to defile them with 4th Gen mechanics and battle animations. :P

I enjoyed Sapphire mainly because it only cut out things from Gold and Silver that it had no room for; another league of badges, a true day-night cycle, and Team Rocket. Other than that, and its awesome musical score, it made some serious breakthroughs alongside Ruby Version, especially the whole island-hopping mechanic employed later on in Fire Red and Leaf Green, double battles, secret bases (and repeating battles with your friends' best teams :) ), and it introduced one of my favorite Pokemon, Rayquaza!

Ace~Sasaki
November 20th, 2009, 09:03 PM
If by endlessly fun you mean a boring waste of time then yeah they are endless fun and are the best places in pokearth

agreed, and the Egg hatching wasn't fun either.

Wings Don't Cry
November 20th, 2009, 09:53 PM
R/B/Y was fun but then Fr/Lg came out and ruined Kanto for me. Seriously I hate those stupid islands and finding a bunch of plates to trade with R/S/E. The Pokedex was also the worse looking one out of all the games.

Emerald was by far the best, mainly because of the Battle Dome and 2 groups of villains to go up against and teaming up with Steven.

Chaos Uxie
November 21st, 2009, 01:12 AM
Poekmon Emerald coz i liked when the pokemons can move and i could cathc all three legendaries

Tori
November 21st, 2009, 09:03 AM
i liked emerald because:
1. its a combined version of R/S
2. you can catch the three legenadries
3. i never tried out R/FR/LG
lol

Ayselipera
November 21st, 2009, 10:01 AM
Hmm well heres the thing...

Emerald was just so much fun. I could play it over and over and not get bored of it. Plus the battle frontier was very enjoyable, which was something I wasn't expecting at all.

FR/LG was a remake that I had been waiting for, for so long. Plus the added sevii islands gave you so much to do at the end, so it wasn't as boring as the originals.

I think I might have to call it a tie. :o

Klofkac
November 21st, 2009, 10:40 AM
Emerald. Animated sprites are good!

Tears In The Rain
November 21st, 2009, 12:16 PM
Fire red and Leaf Green, I am not a fan of Hoenn.

SIN1488
November 21st, 2009, 12:19 PM
I like all of them that i've played (Ruby and Leafgreen)

But I picked Ruby only because after I bought it from my friend, I started liking pokemon again.

lavenderbolt
November 25th, 2009, 01:10 AM
emerald since it has animated pokemon and battle frontier, at least i could try to do something rather than just end up the game with nothing like RS, FRLG

King!
November 25th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Well, I voted for Emerald.

It beats Ruby and Sapphire because it basically combines the two, and adds more (ex. all three legendaries, both teams, etc.). Plus, there's the Battle Frontier, with so much more ot do after the game.

It also beats FireRed/ Leafgreen, because...well, I liked the design of the region better, and the balance of water, forests, deserts, mountains, etc., plus the Pokemon you could get throughout the game.

msdmario
November 25th, 2009, 11:53 AM
I liked Emerald better because of the Battle Frontier. I still find the Hoenn Battle Frontier better than the one in Platinum, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver. My favorite one was climbing the Battle Pyramid because I love exploring. It also feels more rewarding after reaching the top.

GlitchCity
November 25th, 2009, 12:13 PM
e.o its hard to choose. Sapphire was one of my first games and I would play that 24/7. Leafgreen had me bust for awhile, and emerald....OH MY!

rogermood
December 3rd, 2009, 02:03 AM
Fire Red is always been my favorite. It was the first Pokemon game I ever played, and I went through at the same time a friend was playing LG, so it was a lot of fun.
Thanks

digimess
December 3rd, 2009, 02:59 AM
Emerald brings in more of the surprise.

The Red Chain
December 3rd, 2009, 09:37 AM
FireRed and LeafGreen.
I dislike Hoenn greatly.. even saying it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. >.>;

Nikorasu
December 5th, 2009, 02:00 PM
The thing i hated about Hoeen region was its bloody elite 4.

It was way to damn easy. Unless you played emerald you could easily beat the elite 4 with water type.

Caelus
December 5th, 2009, 02:41 PM
I would say Emerald is the best due to the Battle Frontier, better plotline with TA and TM, stronger gym leaders, and more stuff to do after the Elite Four, mainly the first I mentioned.

Had a lot of good times with Emerald, so yeah. :P

560cool.
December 6th, 2009, 06:29 AM
I liked FR as I played like a crazy fella . I never played Emerald , I should put the ROM on my PSP or iPod Touch and give it a try...

I sorta liked Spphire too . My 1st Pokemon game ever ! :D

FilbertTheFox
December 6th, 2009, 06:59 AM
Emerald all the way! - It has all 3 legendarys and i love rayquaza at level 70 :P

Toshiro.
December 6th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Emerald has my vote. Battle Frontier!

GreenStorm
December 6th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Emerald. The third generation is by far my favourite. R/S/E brings back so many memories, and it's the best. I just love Emerald.

Psyrose
December 6th, 2009, 08:27 PM
I like both Firered and Emerald. But i chose Emerald since it has battle frontier.

Nincada
December 6th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Emerald, if not for the Pike Queen then for the Battle Fronteir itself.

The battle fronteir took a game you could play for a long time and made it so you could enjoy the game all the way until Diamond and Pearl came out. I still play my emerald for the battle fronteir, which, in my opinion, tops Platinum's.

rapid_ash
December 10th, 2009, 07:13 AM
between FR/LG i ike FR more, just like the exclusive pokemon:)
between R/S/E, i played emerald more than R or S
the both evil teams, gives more exp and i could raise my pokemon to a high level, and now i plan to play again, im just gonna trade my old team to a new game of emerald :D

Converge
December 10th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Its a hard choice for me, the Kanto Region is the best IMO

but Emerald gave you so much to do and was funner.

So overall i would have to pick emerald :D

Sand Alchemist
December 13th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Fire Red for me. The nostalgia + Deoxys + Sevii Islands.