PDA

View Full Version : Shiny Pokemon in the Advanced Generation Games

m36mcnotin
December 13th, 2009, 10:36 AM
OMG! I was playing Pokemon Emerald and I saw a shiny Poochyena. I started a new game and I was training for my first battle with Brendan. When I was training, the next pokemon that appeared was this shiny Poochyena. I haven't fought Brendan yet, so I didn't have any pokeballs. When was the time you saw a shiny pokemon in Pokemon FR, LG, Ruby or Sapphire?

Desman3000
December 13th, 2009, 08:04 PM
The first time I was playing Ruby through, I was about "awaken" Sudowoodo in the Battle Frontier. He turned out to be a shiny... YAY!

Converge
December 14th, 2009, 07:04 PM
I think mine was a shiny wingull, i didnt have any pokeballs at the time so unfortunately i couldnt catch it

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
December 14th, 2009, 11:08 PM
I saw a wild Poochyena in Sapphire, but I didn't have the Pokeballs to catch it. I did catch a shiny Muk in LeafGreen, however.

FireShock
December 14th, 2009, 11:24 PM
The first time I found a shiny was Firered but, it wasn't my file it was a friend's game and I was just messing around then out of nowhere a shiny Zubat showed up.

PerlaNemesis
December 16th, 2009, 05:55 AM
I have shiny Camerupt, which I captured as Numel in Sapphire. I already had a Numel, but when I saw shiny one, I just had to catch it.

lavenderbolt
December 17th, 2009, 04:28 AM
a shiny wingull, a female one, i managed to catch it but for nothing since i don't like female pokemon and wingull is kind of a bad species

Exploding Bunny
December 17th, 2009, 07:41 PM
I first saw a blue Voltorb in my Firered i still have it but its an electrode

mondays suck
December 20th, 2009, 07:02 AM
I saw my first shiny in this gen today: a shiny Phanphy in Safari Zone, of course it escaped.

nui876
December 24th, 2009, 05:07 PM
I have never found a shiny before, but my friend found a shiny ludicolo in his emerald and he let me migrate it to my platinum

Zeffy
December 24th, 2009, 05:52 PM
I have never found a shiny before, but my friend found a shiny ludicolo in his emerald and he let me migrate it to my platinum

As far as I know, you can't capture a Ludiculo. Only a Lotad and a Lombre.
The first I ever saw was a Shiny Nincada. I caught it and now its a Ninjask I don't want to turn it into a Shedinja. :3

brookeeex
December 24th, 2009, 06:17 PM
I'm still looking for my first shiny.
On my Emerald version that I got from ebay two days ago, the person that I got it from left their file on there and I found a shiny Tentacruel and Psyduck in the PC :D

GlitchCity
December 24th, 2009, 07:05 PM
ahh a shiny oddish, it looked funny the first time I saw it (I didnt know it was called a shiny at the time)

Horizon
December 25th, 2009, 03:01 AM
As far as I know, you can't capture a Ludiculo. Only a Lotad and a Lombre.
The first I ever saw was a Shiny Nincada. I caught it and now its a Ninjask I don't want to turn it into a Shedinja. :3

Ninjask doesn't evolve into Shedinja. You need an empty space in your party when Nincada evolves, and as well as the resulting Ninjask, a Shedinja will appear in your party too.

As for me, I caught a Shiny Onix in Victory Road while playing a friend's FireRed, transferred it over to my Pearl and traded it away not long after I signed up here (which i regret). I caught a Shiny Zigzagoon in my Ruby a few weeks ago though.

Doctor
December 25th, 2009, 03:33 AM
I had a shiny Oddish in Ruby a long time ago. I had a shiny Geodude too I think :O And perhaps one more. Strange. That's the almost-only game I've had shinies in and I had several of them. Weird.

I was too dumb to realize how cool they were and didn't use them though XD

Ninja Caterpie
December 25th, 2009, 03:48 AM
Shiny Seaking.

It was a majestic beast, the many many golden fins rose out of the lake, dripping with water as it faced me in battle. I threw rocks, and I threw bait. It was a fantastic battle, but I finally managed to capture the king of the water in a Safari Ball.

The end.

Zeffy
December 25th, 2009, 04:25 AM
Ninjask doesn't evolve into Shedinja. You need an empty space in your party when Nincada evolves, and as well as the resulting Ninjask, a Shedinja will appear in your party too.

I know that. That's the reason I don't want a Shedinja, and besides it has 1 HP. XDD
Today, I found my first shiny in FR. It was my starter, Charmy!

Dominus Temporis
December 25th, 2009, 02:11 PM
I bought a used copy of Sapphire a few weeks back, and was planning to use a Flygon. Imagine my surprise when I happened to run across a shiny Trapinch...

He's a Flygon right now, which reminds me, I really need to beat the Elite Four on Sapphire. (and Emerald, and FireRed...)

Callandor
December 26th, 2009, 12:21 AM
In the begining of Leaf Green I found a Shiny Mankey. I caught it. Then started my game over. :(

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty
December 26th, 2009, 10:09 AM
This morning, I re-started Emerald and ran into a Shiny Wurmple just after I bought my first PokéBalls. My first Shiny! :3

stavross
December 26th, 2009, 10:43 AM
watson want stavros goes to new mawille and solve the problem
ok
get on bike
surf
unlock the door
bag oh no i dont have any repels
10 steps
a wild voltorb appears
voltorb is blue :O
YAY

Ayselipera
December 26th, 2009, 11:01 AM
The only shiny pokemon I've ever seen in an advanced game was a Duskull. I found it on Mt. Pyre while I was searching for a Chimecho.

Amore
December 26th, 2009, 12:42 PM
I saw a shiny.On Emerald.it was either the zizgzagoon that attacked prof. birch, or a wild one straight after.which i killed

TheFuturePokemon
December 26th, 2009, 07:49 PM
my first shiny was never. In neither FR or Ruby
ME = FAIL!!!

ShadowForce_G
December 27th, 2009, 02:01 AM
My first shiny is shiny golbat in victory road on emerald

e-unit
December 27th, 2009, 02:22 AM
My first shiny was a fearow in sevault canyon in lg

Talli
December 27th, 2009, 02:46 AM
I caught a shiny zubat in MT.moon on Fire red

The Girl Once named Tracie
December 27th, 2009, 03:20 AM
I have a shiny voltorb on emerald and a shiny pidgy on leafgreen

Poke_a_Dialga!
December 27th, 2009, 03:57 AM
Emerald: Shiny Makuhita
Ruby: Shiny Tentacool (which I accidentally turned my xp off :P)
FireRed: Shiny Tentacool (Shiny Tentacools really loves me 0.o)

kenshin44
December 29th, 2009, 12:36 AM
My starter was a shiny on FR. I'm not sure how it happened.
The game wasn't modded either.
When I went to select it, it didn't show a different picture, but when I got in my battle with gary, I threw a different colored Charmander.

Pheya
December 29th, 2009, 01:00 AM
I was almost near the Fossils in Mt. Moon (Leaf Green) when a Shiny Zubat popped out. I caught it and couldn't be happier. (I was 9 at the time lol ;P)

Klofkac
December 29th, 2009, 01:44 AM
I found shiny pidgey in FR hack - Pokémon Shiny Gold.

youitan
December 29th, 2009, 11:05 AM
bump, im bumping so i can make a tread for my pokemon leaf green remake progress.

Tails2000
December 29th, 2009, 11:39 AM
I caught a shiny aron in sapphire. I evolved it into aagron, and stored in my Pokemon box (On the gamecube). Then a dog chewed up my memory card :(

BHwolfgang
December 29th, 2009, 11:43 AM
I found a Shiny Magikarp once! =) It's now my trusty Gyarados~

Brendino
December 29th, 2009, 10:07 PM
I once caught a shiny Shroomish on Sapphire, and I didn't realize it until about 2 years later when I was releasing some Pokemon that were sitting in my box that I was never going to use again. Now it's a level 72 Breloom on my Fire Red. My other unfortunate shiny encounter was when I was in the Safari Zone in FR. I was joking around with my cousin telling him how I would always find shinies in FR. We both decided to if we could find any of them in the SZ. By the time I had only 1 safari ball and one step left, a shiny Paras appeared. My cousin thought I was joking, but I showed him as I threw my last Safari Ball at it... and no luck :( Now I haven't seen a shiny Pokemon on any game since then...

JeTz
December 31st, 2009, 09:28 PM
I found a shiny geodude on Firered and transferred to my Emerald for Golem :)

and a shiny Sableye on Emerald :))

Red1530
December 31st, 2009, 09:49 PM
I caught a shiny Sanshrew in Sapphire and I have shiny Zigzagoon from when I got the berry patch update from a store kiosk.

Jesus of Suburbia
December 31st, 2009, 11:24 PM
a shiny wingull, a female one, i managed to catch it but for nothing since i don't like female pokemon and wingull is kind of a bad species

That's a bit sexist, isn't it?? My first was a shiny Oddish in Crystal. I caught it and got pretty far, but alas, the internal battery ran dry. Crystal and Yellow are the only ones that's happened to so far. Someday, I'll make a petition for Nintendo to start producing the old games again, or at least distribute the batteries with guides on how to install them.