Solo_Kid
December 15th, 2009, 08:48 AM
'Bout time I showed you all some of my work. ^^

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/5179/smgsigv5.png

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/4061/inuyashasig.png

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/3028/bwgmsig.png

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/5453/roxassig.png

Need to make some more pokemon sigs. =/

Anyway, like? Good enough to open my own shop?

Not been making sigs for ages. These ones are only recent and are kinda simple looking. A little rusty but I'll get back into my stride soon. Hopefully. =P

iPochama
December 15th, 2009, 08:56 AM
did you say experienced ?

Solo_Kid
December 15th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Ermm, yes. =/ Are they not good enough to be 'experienced'?

iPochama
December 15th, 2009, 09:07 AM
can i see some from when you weren't rusty?

Solo_Kid
December 15th, 2009, 09:10 AM
I'll just have to dig into my documents to find them. >.<

Are those posted really that bad? D=

iPochama
December 15th, 2009, 09:15 AM
better than average but nothing special really. It's really just your composition that bugs me, for instance in the roxas signature, he is stood there, off centre and out of position, and he's absolutely tiny, also the text is faded and hard to read. I think you need to experiment with composure and composition because whilst you've got the idea about it, you're really awful at it.

A tiny wee man dead centre isn't that great for a sig. I'm guessing your very young though so props for learning the ropes this fast. You also need to learn how to use textures.

Galukxy
December 15th, 2009, 09:25 AM
i thought they were really good

Solo_Kid
December 15th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Hehe, not that young. ^^ Thanks for the constructive criticism though, greatly appreciated. I admit, those sigs aren't my best. I've been lacking ideas lately. Also, for some reason, I'm against using textures. =/ Weird, I know. I rather make sigs from scratch. Occasionally, I use a stock, but not very often.

Anyway, here are a few more recent ones.

http://i48.tinypic.com/10sdr2c.png

http://i49.tinypic.com/23h6ds4.png

Stupid links aren't working. =(

Most of my siggies are lost somewhere. x_x

iPochama
December 15th, 2009, 11:16 AM
i don't believe those two are yours if they're from the same person who posted the first ones.

Solo_Kid
December 15th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Haha. Are you serious? =P How can I prove it to you?

I told you that the first ones are my most recent and are the really crap ones.

I am Shoeb on another forum. =P

Dukey
December 15th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Never mind iPochama, never even see him in here before, and the tag in his signature isn't exactly outstanding.

Anyways,
http://i48.tinypic.com/10sdr2c.png
Love this one, the colors etc are all really good on it, use more effect C4D's in your work it'll definately help.

Gummy
December 15th, 2009, 01:48 PM
did you say experienced ?

Think you can refrain from making posts like this in the future? Not only does it not help, but it's also pretty rude.

iPochama
December 15th, 2009, 02:11 PM
okay first, yes, i won't post like that again, but second:

um, excuse me, don't drag me into this okay? you have no right to insult my sig or even so much as discuss it, as i didn't ask for that. I was giving constructive criticism, so you can just bite your tongue babe, and for the record, your 3 coloured 100x100 icons aren't that great either.

Solo_Kid
December 15th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the comment, Ramen! I should definitely look into using C4Ds. Not too good with C4D work.

Here was one of my attempts:

http://i48.tinypic.com/n6q9u0.png

It's ok Baromega. I guess the signatures in the first post were pretty poor. >.<

EDIT: Don't fight please. =/ And just to make it clear, I don't steal other peoples work, iPochama. Everything I say is mine is actually mine.

iPochama
December 15th, 2009, 02:18 PM
I don't understand your need to constantly make grungey signatures, have you ever thought about making a cleaner or clearer one? I hate that one you've just made, I think it's really awful, but still, the quality is a lot better and I see that you've used quite a big image (even if said image is ugly) so it's still good use of space. I still stand by what I said earlier - you should look at some textures, they don't have to be glaringly obvious.

Solo_Kid
December 15th, 2009, 02:20 PM
I said that was my first attempt at a proper C4D sig. =/ I don't really like the way you're criticising me but I guess it's far. >.<

iPochama
December 15th, 2009, 02:25 PM
right okay, i'm sorry if you don't feel the way im criticizing you. i'll try to stop being harsh? or did you want asspatting like most of the users will give you? either way, the good points is that a) i've said good use of space and b) nice colour scheme c) great first attempt. The negative points are a) the render is ridiculous, but if it's what you wanted then i suppose there's not much else i can say and b) it's still quite grungey/messy and unproffesional looking.

Dukey
December 15th, 2009, 02:27 PM
um, excuse me, don't drag me into this okay? you have no right to insult my sig or even so much as discuss it, as i didn't ask for that. I was giving constructive criticism, so you can just bite your tongue babe, and for the record, your 3 coloured 100x100 icons aren't that great either.

For a start, what you're posting is not constructive critiscm, all you've done is hate on everything that get's put in here.
This style is barely considered grungy aswell, just because of the smudging doesn't make it grungy.

And if your going to comment on my icons, for a start they aren't made by me they were made by someone on LJ, of whom I have credited in my signature, and I can guarrantee the whole graphics section would agree that they're leagues ahead of whatever you're making.

Don't go saying the things you're saying, when by the looks of it you're no better yourself.

Solo_Kid
December 15th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Alright. I won't say anything further.

Thanks for the comments, I guess.

iPochama
December 15th, 2009, 02:33 PM
For a start, what you're posting is not constructive critiscm, all you've done is hate on everything that get's put in here.
This style is barely considered grungy aswell, just because of the smudging doesn't make it grungy.

And if your going to comment on my icons, for a start they aren't made by me they were made by someone on LJ, of whom I have credited in my signature, and I can guarrantee the whole graphics section would agree that they're leagues ahead of whatever you're making.

Don't go saying the things you're saying, when by the looks of it you're no better yourself.

babe, my sig was made by my friend anya, take it up with her.

and are you even insinuating that i can't critique anything that i am not possible of producing myself? if so that's ridiculous, my critique is as valuable as the next persons, regardless of whether or not i use tacky ichigo renders. ty babe.

i'm not hating on anything, the best form of critique is attack. fgs, are you stupid? fight or flight, if they take my advice really badly and run away, okay, they were never cut out for graphic design, if they react by improving(fighting) they'll come out better.

running around saying that everything a person does is fantastic will only make that person become cocky and arrogant.

i'm not a villain, please, i'm trying to help.

Dukey
December 15th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Kay then, just a tip here and please don't take this the wrong way, if you are going to post constructive critiscm like you say, can you atleast be saying in which ways they can improve it.

And you probably should find a way to credit your friend for it xD

Solo_Kid
December 15th, 2009, 02:37 PM
I've been on alot of GFX forums and even the harshest of members don't critique like you do. There is a difference between something contructive and something rude. Although I understand where you're coming from, you aren't really helping either. Criticism can be friendly and helpful at the same time. You're doing neither.

You didn't really help me in anyway. Just made fun of my render choice. Yes, it was an odd render but it was more experimental than anything. I just showed an example of a C4D attempt.

Just think about that next time you try to 'help' somebody.

iPochama
December 15th, 2009, 02:42 PM
I've been on alot of GFX forums and even the harshest of members don't critique like you do. There is a difference between something contructive and something rude. Although I understand where you're coming from, you aren't really helping either. Criticism can be friendly and helpful at the same time. You're doing neither.

You didn't really help me in anyway. Just made fun of my render choice. Yes, it was an odd render but it was more experimental than anything. I just showed an example of a C4D attempt.

Just think about that next time you try to 'help' somebody.

i did help you, i offered you tips - use textures, work on composition, colours whatever.

and i did give you compliments, you're butthurt and feeling strong with everyone on your side, this is what i mean. If you give them loads of compliments they become cocky and arrogant, like yourself.

I'm off, clearly i've ruptured the happiness in this little village. good riddance.

(oh and, i critique my friend anya like this, and she's been great with it, and it has helped her.)

i'll let you take the last word now, i know how much you love it.

The Original Darkwiz787
December 15th, 2009, 05:50 PM
But you don't properly give criticism. Honestly, if you can't make a decent sig yourself, you shouldn't be so harsh on others.

and personally I don't think the sigs made by Solo_kid are that great, they have very plain and simple backrounds which kind of bother me. If they had just a pit more in them these would be great.

But the first one with Mario is just TOO simple. I can tell that must of been an early one. Just too plain.

xxkaylabby
December 16th, 2009, 09:37 AM
yay another gimp user (:
they're amazing.

Solo_Kid
December 16th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Yeah, I agree Darkwiz. I've been lacking ideas lately and been settling with really simple backgrounds.

I'll be putting in more effort nowadays as i'll actually try to find some time for myself before making a sig. =P

Anyway, thanks for the comments. I'll try to take them in and improve.

the bitter end.
December 16th, 2009, 02:33 PM
okay first, yes, i won't post like that again, but second:

Better than your sig, "babe."

Anywho, I love your smudging. It's quite good. The only issues I have with most of these is the typography and coloring. The coloring on most of these needs a little work, and your typography... it needs to be placed better.

Love your work though, keep it up.