PDA

View Full Version : Who Did you Choose

MegaTravis
December 16th, 2009, 06:18 AM
Who did you choose for your starter In R/S/E and why and, who did you choose for your starter In FR/LG and why.

SCV058
December 16th, 2009, 06:44 AM
I've done a gameplay runthrough with every single starter in the 3rd Generation. Though first I chose Charmander in LG, then Torchic in Emerald.

stavross
December 16th, 2009, 07:01 AM
torchic and charmander because they are FIRE pokemon=]

Emotion.
December 16th, 2009, 07:20 AM
Mudkip for Ruby, and Bulbasaur in LG. I chose Mudkip because it looked coolest out of the 3 first stage evos. Can't remember why I chose bulbasaur, I know it was between Charmander and Bulbasaur.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty
December 16th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Treecko for Emerald because he was a grass starter (but I ditched him soon after because he was useless -.-) and I always choose Bulbasaur whenever I play LeafGreen. He's my favourite starter overall. :3

Converge
December 16th, 2009, 02:10 PM
The water types because they use to be my favorite, when the games first came out

luf100
December 16th, 2009, 04:31 PM
I chose Torchic for Ruby just because I really like fire types (although I didn't get very far in training it, I consider Wingull my 'starter' xD). And I chose Bulbasaur when I first started FireRed, I have no idea why. I ended up regretting my decision and since I hadn't gotten very far I restarted and got Charmander. I love Charizard, so that's why.

Pokeyomom
December 16th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Torchic for Sapphire, and Squirtle for FR.

I picked Torchic, because I wanted to have Colonel Sanders worst nightmare, and Squrtile because Blastoise is just awesome=)

GreenStorm
December 16th, 2009, 05:16 PM
I chose Treeko (I think) just because. I always had trouble picking a starter, and usually take around ten minutes to decide.

Kirbychu
December 16th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Treecko because he is a part of one of the coolest evolution lines ever to grace the franchise. As for Kanto I chose Bulbasaur, but caught a Pikachu in Viridian Forest as soon as I could. I consider that Pikachu my starter, and of course I didn't evolve it! =P

Ayselipera
December 16th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Well for the first time I played each I chose Torchic For R/S/E because I liked the design better than the other two. For FR/LG I chose Charmander because at the time it was my favorite of the Kanto starters.

Eeveemaster0626
December 16th, 2009, 06:18 PM
I chose Mudkip. Mudkip was also the first pokemon I ever had. Ever since, I have been choosing water starters

Lord Varion
December 17th, 2009, 02:45 AM
I chose a Charmader so i could get a suicine ... and a mudkip coz he can do lots of the gyms in hoenn

Heather
December 17th, 2009, 03:48 AM
I choosed Mudkip in R/S/E because Swampert is one of my favorite pokemon and Charmander in FR/LG because Charizard is another one of my favorites and i like its shiny form.

lavenderbolt
December 17th, 2009, 04:11 AM
squirtle and mudkip, they are worth raising to me

Pyrax
December 17th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Mudkip and Squirtle.
Both of them appealed to me the most.

PkMnTrainer Yellow
December 17th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Treeko~ My favorite water starter, though I wound up loving all three.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
December 18th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Torchic, because I typically don't deal with Grass-types, nor Pokemon that become the dreaded Water/Ground type combo.

batmon
December 18th, 2009, 12:13 PM
For Ruby I picked Torchic because I was eating chicken that night, and Charmander the first time around in Fire Red to avenge my fallen Charizard from Red.

He died because of the dreaded .4 with his Super Glitch move :(

Ninetales433
December 18th, 2009, 12:20 PM
For Emerald,Torchic.I just picked it because its cute.
For Leaf Green,Bulbasaur.

The Red Chain
December 19th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Well I tried out all three starters in Sapphire because I couldn't decide which one I liked more.
But when I bought Emerald I went with Treecko. and named him Geico
I like Treecko the most out of those three because I've always loved geckos.
I'm not usually a fan of grass type starters, but Treecko is just too awesome to ignore. ;3

For Leaf Green I chose Charmander just as I did in the old days with the first generation.
Charmander is just really cute and the only one of the three Kanto starters that I like, even when it evolves.
When Bulbasaur becomes Venusaur I don't like it much anymore, and same for Squirtle to Blastoise.
But with Charmander I like both of it's evolutionary stages. 83

Skaterzpenguin
December 19th, 2009, 08:20 PM
my ruby: torchic = I like starting out fire first
my sapphire: treecko = I pick him/her to beat kyogre. xD
my emerald: did not use a starter. (do not care for mudkip that much... idk why.

firered: Squirtle = opposite type of the game same for leafgreen...
leafgreen: charmander^^

~~sorry for not having any good reasons, but its pretty obvious. xD

AsaQuilava
December 19th, 2009, 10:39 PM
For my Sapphire game (that mysteriously vanished) I chose Mudkip first, but restarted when my Swampert was in the 60's because I was bored of it. Then I chose Torchic, because I HATE HATE HATE Sceptile.

On Emerald I started with Treecko, played through 'til he was in the high forties and restarted for Mudkip. I'm about to re-re-restart my game, though, and I'm going to pick Treecko and keep him a Grovyle.

On Leaf Green I picked Squirtle first because Blastoise is a beast (and this particular one was my first lv.100 :D). Then I went through with Bulbasaur, because I really strongly dislike Charizard. But my Venusaur disappoints me, so she's sitting pretty at lv.68 in a box. Then I went to Charmander reluctantly, and now have a very hated level 95 female Charizard. >.<

/long-winded post

Shrivaas
December 20th, 2009, 02:14 AM
Well, according to me the best order in

1.Hoenn:

i.Torchic
ii.Treecko
iii.Mudkip

2.Johto

i. Cyndaquil
ii. Chikorita
iii. Totodile

3. Kanto
i.Charmander
ii.Squirtle
iii.Bulbausaur

Talli
December 20th, 2009, 02:29 AM
Ruby: treecko
Redfire: squirtle
Emerald: Mudkip

Katie_Q
December 20th, 2009, 02:35 AM
I've chosen all of them in the different games.
my latest chosen:
In emerald I chose treeko (sadly though my emerald was given to my friend to borrow for a while, we don't really talk anymore... he probably doesn't even have my game anymore)
I forget what I had in Ruby, but thats with my ex-friend as well
In sapphire I'm restarting, I think I'll start with mudkip.

In FR I started with charmander
And in LG I think it was bulbasaur, yet another game that went to my friend.... hmmm I need to get those games back. I think he has my mystery dungeon blue rescue team aswell:(

shadowtogepi
December 20th, 2009, 05:08 AM
torchic and charmander because they are FIRE pokemon=]

Thats exactly the same as what I do

FIRE POKEMON RULE!!!:D

Cassino
December 20th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Sapphire: Torchic, with the thought that I could always kill it for some chicken-esque meat if I got lost in the long grass. It's cute.
Fire Red: Charmander, more challenge in early game. I'd gone off starters and replaced it with Farfetch'd anyway.

mondays suck
December 20th, 2009, 09:21 AM
In the Hoenn games I usually choose Mudkip because it's a great HM slave, especially when working together with Tropius.
In the Kanto games I have no real preference for any of the starters, most of the time I choose randomly here.

Chary
December 20th, 2009, 12:30 PM
I chose Mudkip as my first ever Pokemon in Ruby (I had just had begun to start playing any games of the Pokemon series when I was 7yrs old)
Then I chose Squirtle in Fire Red, but when I saw a Charmander,I traded all my good pokemon over and started with my new favorite CHARMANDER!

...And then the Char-obsession set in...:P

:mudkip^_^:,:10:

La Foudre
December 20th, 2009, 03:45 PM
The first time I played Ruby, I chose Torchic, and every time after that I chose Mudkip.

In LeafGreen, it changes nearly everytime I play it. I've used all three. At the moment I'm using Bulbasaur.

BHwolfgang
December 20th, 2009, 03:47 PM
In Sapphire and Emerald, I flip a coin. If it's head, then I pick Torchic; if it's tail, I pick Treecko.

dozo
December 20th, 2009, 04:31 PM
The first time I played Sapphire, I always chose Torchic
but then after a while all I chose was Mudkip

Now it's back to Torchic x]

Whimsy
December 23rd, 2009, 07:03 PM
My first choices were Treecko in Sapphire and Charmander in Firered. Both of which no longer exist in any of my games. lol.

ThwackX
December 26th, 2009, 01:50 AM
FRLG: Squirtle
RSE: Mudkip or Torchic

JukainPwns
December 26th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Squirtle and Mudkip cause im cool like that.

TheFuturePokemon
December 26th, 2009, 07:46 PM
i choose charmender and treecko.
second time I choose bulbasaur and torchic
third time squitle and mudkip

The Girl Once named Tracie
December 27th, 2009, 03:31 AM
Charmander in leafgreen because Charizard can FLY!
Mudkip in emerald because Swampert and SURF!
and Torchic in emerald because... because... IT DOES STUFF!

chaos11011
December 27th, 2009, 06:24 AM
Well currently I have a Sceptile in my Emerald because I used Mukip numerous times and I simply wanted a Ninetales so iI didnt choose Torchick

On my Leaf Green I'm doing a "Rival" Run which Consists om me using the Rivals Pokemon an I chose Squrtle.I didnt want to use a Charzard cause that would lead to 3 Flying types.I also used Venasaur Numerous times.Also Gary has a Blastoise in the Anime so yeah

ByronVice
December 27th, 2009, 09:18 AM
For Ruby Version, I ALWAYS go through the game with my trusty Torchic . As for FR, I always do Charmander runs :3

empty streets
December 27th, 2009, 10:54 AM
In R/S/E I usually choose Torchic or Mudkip. Depends on my other team members. I don't dislike Treeko though, but I chose it as my starter only a few times.

And in FR/LG I always choose Charmander. I don't like the other two~

Mirei
December 31st, 2009, 11:35 AM
I had chosen different starters for each of the games, actually. Well, sort of... ^^;

Sapphire: I chose Mudkip, and it's because it appeared cute to me, and I was fond of water types during that time. But actually, it's been a while since I restarted my Sapphire...

Emerald: I chose Treecko! I used to be the person who would choose whatever starter interested me, but now I'm aiming for grass types. I also chose Treecko because I never really chose it whenever I played any of the Hoenn games.

Leaf Green: I chose Bulbasaur again. Once again I prefer grass types at this age and Bulbasaur seemed to be useful for me; especially in the first few gyms.

Jaamies
December 31st, 2009, 01:31 PM
For FR:Charmandeer
For LG:Squirtle

i like them both

Harumi Fujyoshi
December 31st, 2009, 01:40 PM
My first one on Emerald was Mudkip, because it's cute (yeah, I have flawed logic) But from then on I went with Torchic (who's cute too :3)
And on LeafGreen it was Squirtle, I don't remember why. Maybe I just like water types?

Enigma
December 31st, 2009, 02:35 PM
I always pick the fire starters...so I picked Torchic in R/S/E and Charmander in FR/LG.

Pokestick, good times.
January 1st, 2010, 04:51 AM
I remember when I got Ruby as my first Pokémon game. I chose Mudkip (named it Mudd XD), as I at the time thought it had a type advantage against Poochyena. Then I accidentally turned the game off and Mudd died...
So I restarted and raised him kindly.
When I had almost beaten the game, a friend wanted to borrow my l. 100 swampert, so he did.
Then he started the game over... Guess how angry I was... >:(

On my Emerald, I chose Treecko. Then it turned out the game was an illegal cartrigde that odd enough started over every time one beat the elite four.

So by then I got pissed off and I never play those anymore...

On Firered I chose a Charmander, a female named Chara, and we're still happy ^_^

Harry Blue5
January 1st, 2010, 05:58 AM
Charmander and Torchic. Though I do quite like Mudkip and Squirtle.

♣Gawain♣
January 1st, 2010, 09:34 AM
Sapphire: Treeko.

Ever since I trained this guy, it's been my starter if ever I'll restart. In Emerald too, although the second try I chose Mudkip.

LG: Squirtle.

It's been my best Kanto Starter since Blue. And will ever be.

Live in Color
January 1st, 2010, 10:17 AM
For Emerald I really liked all of the starters. When I first got the game though I picked Treecko and was quite happy with how he turned out, either way I like them all though.

For my FireRed I picked Squirtle because he's always been my favourite starter. It's mostly because of how awesome the Squirtle Squad is... and that Blastoise is a bamf.

GoldvsRed
January 1st, 2010, 03:32 PM
Mudkip and Bulbasaur, duh. Now that I think about it, I've only chosen a Fire-Type Starter in Diamond, but later chose Turtwig in Platinum...