PDA

View Full Version : Issue: Can't access PC from my IP address...

mitzoken
December 17th, 2009, 12:37 PM
As the title says, I can't access PokeCommunity when I'm at home. The only reason I can post this is because I'm at my dad's (but I'm hardly here once a month, which is rather hard to keep a roleplay, etc. going with).

I have deleted all the cookies in my computer (multiple times), the history, I've done everything I can (and know how to) do. Is there anything anyone can do?

I don't know if it makes a difference, but when I do try to get to PC, it says "Server Time Out".

Spinor
December 17th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Hmm... You can try pinging the server or PC, except I don't remember how to do that @~@. Steve (Rukario) does though, so you may as well ask him and see if the ping gets results.

Otherwise, you can try to make a different partition and install some lightweight version of Linux on it and try accessing from that OS. Or Try to change your IP

Just a few solutions. There are more if you use Google.

Soul.//Silver
December 17th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Well you can ping www.pokecommunity.com by going to Start -> Run -> Type in cmd then click OK. When the Command Prompt opens (which is what cmd is) type ping www.pokecommunity.com

processr
December 17th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Also, perform a tracert (same steps as described above, only with 'tracert' instead of 'ping') and PM the results to Rukario. He can look at that and see what's going wrong - i.e. whether it's a problem on our end or PC's end.

mitzoken
December 17th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I've vm'd Rukario. Hopefully we can solve this. =/

Pokepal17
December 17th, 2009, 05:19 PM
I had this problem. You have a hidden virus in your computer and so your IP has been blocked. All you have to do is clean the infections off your computer and then e-mail Steve, asking him to unblock your IP. :3

Josephine
December 17th, 2009, 06:36 PM
I had this problem. You have a hidden virus in your computer and so your IP has been blocked. All you have to do is clean the infections off your computer and then e-mail Steve, asking him to unblock your IP. :3lolno

I had the same problem after PC went down the other day, just restart your router.

mitzoken
December 18th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Whatever it was, I got the issue fixed. Thanks for the help, everyone. This can be closed. ^^