PDA

View Full Version : Ban Vs. threads in pokemon general

Vyro
December 20th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Why do we have so much of these? They really are kind of pointless.

I suggest making them against the rules.

Eon-Rider
December 20th, 2009, 09:07 AM
You won't believe it but I was thinking about making this exact thread about twenty minutes ago. Although I do agree that they don't bring much of a discussion, they're still valid topics. There should be certain restrictions however. For example, that Turtwig vs Pichu thread has no basis on what we're to judge upon.

You really won't be able to stop newbies from making Dialga vs Palkia/Kyogre vs Groudon/etc. topics.

adventure
December 20th, 2009, 09:12 AM
I see what you mean. Like THIS (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=203449) thread, for example.

But there have been vs.-threads that made sense too. I think it's like with everything else on PC: common sense decides a thread's and a posts' content.

ED: Yeah, Eon-Rider says it all. Some kind of restrictions, or at least a note about thinking about a thread's relevance expressed in the rules might be an idea.

Vyro
December 20th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Also, we should ban Misty vs. May vs. Dawn topics.

People make a new one every month.

Silhouette
December 20th, 2009, 09:59 AM
When I first joined PC, I saw a thread called "Who will win?" where every week, the thread creator would post two related Pokemon and ask which one everyone wants to win or prefers. Maybe something like that should be established?

Vyro
December 20th, 2009, 10:03 AM
That's actually a really good idea.

someone should talk to a mod about it.

Silhouette
December 20th, 2009, 10:05 AM
I found the link, here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=107058). It's old, but maybe if there was a new sticky or something, it would solve a lot of the issues.

Gumball Watterson
December 20th, 2009, 10:07 AM
I do agree that VS. threads do seem to have a degree of nusiance. People have only been making these threads because they can't think of anything else very often and just to increase post count.

Personally, a good banning on VS. threads would not kill anyone. (Except people that still do them, of course)

Vyro
December 20th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Well, it looks like most of us are in agreement.

Went
December 20th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Actually, there already is a rule regarding this:

Concerning the Pokémon vs. Pokémon threads, there has been way too many of them lately. I mean, I used to see one every now and then, but lately there have been pages of them and it's starting to get... ridiculous. From now on, each member is limited to one thread of that style per week, and the two Pokémon listed must have something in common. Whether they're both the same type, or both starters, it doesn't matter. But they can't be totally random~

So, whenever you see a plain nonsensical comparison (like the thread in the second post), feel free to report it so a mod can check and close them. Some of them are acceptable, though, and that's why these threads aren't downright banned.

Vyro
December 20th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Thanks Went.

But I think there should be a Misty May or Dawn sticky.

these are made too much.

Eon-Rider
December 20th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Actually, there already is a rule regarding this:

So, whenever you see a plain nonsensical comparison (like the thread in the second post), feel free to report it so a mod can check and close them. Some of them are acceptable, though, and that's why these threads aren't downright banned.

I see.. Thanks for bringing this issue to an end. I can only blame myself for not reading the rules. It's nice how the issue has already been made aware for several months now.