PDA

View Full Version : PokeCommunity GreaseMonkey Scripts

yomamathecableguy
December 24th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Hey everyone! :D Not sure if this is the right place for this or not. If not, oh well, I guess it will be moved. :P

Anyways, I'd like to introduce something pretty cool. You need to be using the FireFox web browser in order to use this. You also need to download GreaseMonkey (go to http://google.com and search "Greasemonkey download"). It's an addon that allows you to add scripts that are injected into webpages. These scripts can add extra functionality to the sites you go to! Here, I will list an array of scripts I'm providing. I'll update this as I add more!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

||Thread Preview||
Download: PokeCommunity Thread Preview (http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/64940)

Description: When you install this, a little "[+]" symbol will be inserted in front of every thread title in the forums, when you're browsing the different forums. When you click this, the first post will be displayed in a little window that's actually on the page (it's not a popup!). You can even reply to the thread through this small window. You never have to leave the page, and you can reply to every thread on it!

Instructions: Simply install the script. No editing required!

Screenshots: (coming soon)

||Signature Collapser||
Download: PokeCommunity Signature Collapser (http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/64944)

Description: This allows you to toggle the display of a user's signature on PokeCommunity. There's a little "[+]" displayed at the end of every post. Click this, and the user's signature will be displayed again!

Instructions: Simply install the script, and you're ready to go. All signatures are hidden by default. A small "[+]" is added at the end of every post. When you click this, the signature is shown!

||Forum Remover||
Download: PokeCommunity Forum Remover (http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/64942)

Description: This allows you to easily remove forums from the index page of PokeCommunity. Very handy if you only post in a handful of forums!

Instructions: There is a bit of editing required for this. Go to Tools --> Greasemonkey --> Manage user scripts. Now select "PokeCommunity Forum Remover", and click "Edit". Now, find the line that starts with "var forums = new Array". In the parentheses, you should see "Community Announcements" and "Wi-Fi Center". By default, these 2 forums are hidden by the script. Just change those to whatever you want hidden. For every forum you want removed, you need to put it in quotes, and add commas in between. i.e. ("forum 1", "forum 2", "forum 3")

||Ignore List||
Download: PokeCommunity Ignore List (http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/64945)

Description: Using this script, you can remove any content posted by any user in any thread. The post(s) will be completely removed. Also, if the user posts a thread, it will be hidden as well.

Instructions: When you install the script, you have to edit the users that are ignored. Go to Tools --> Greasemonkey --> Manage user scripts. Then, click "PokeCommunity Ignore List", then edit. Find "blockedUsers[0] = "username";". Change "username" to whatever user you want - just make sure it's in quotes. Now you can edit all of the others as well. If you want to add one, just add another line after the last user like this: "blockedUsers[10] = "anotherusername";".

||Suggestions||
Please make suggestions! Do you think a feature should be added to PC? Well, chances are the staff won't add it, at least not any time soon. If you suggest it here, I will get to work on it immediately. Thanks for your time everyone!!

The Girl Once named Tracie
December 25th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Awesome post, thank you! I can't wait to try this!

yomamathecableguy
December 25th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Thanks! Have any suggestions? :D

bit.trip void
December 26th, 2009, 03:46 AM
Nice scripts :). I just installed the signature collapser, and it worked perfectly. However, I would prefer that all the signatures are viewable at first, and then you can choose which ones you wish to collapse, but I guess since the collapse/expansion isn't permanent (which is a shame), I suppose there's no point.

Also, fyi, there's already an ignore feature, lol ^^;

yomamathecableguy
December 26th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Nice scripts :). I just installed the signature collapser, and it worked perfectly. However, I would prefer that all the signatures are viewable at first, and then you can choose which ones you wish to collapse, but I guess since the collapse/expansion isn't permanent (which is a shame), I suppose there's no point.

Also, fyi, there's already an ignore feature, lol ^^;

Awesome! :D I can possibly add a feature that makes it permanent, so that all of a certain user's signatures are hidden in their posts. I'll work on that. ^_~

I know there's an ignore feature, but I'm pretty sure that's only for PM's, am I right? This script completely gets rid of any posts the user ever makes, including any threads the user creates. ^_~

>Feelings<
December 26th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Nice work.
How about a text box for replying, just like that in the Advanced Reply? That way, I can send VMs and reply to threads using the text resize, emoticon and all those features without going to a different page!

Archer
December 27th, 2009, 04:41 AM
I know there's an ignore feature, but I'm pretty sure that's only for PM's, am I right? This script completely gets rid of any posts the user ever makes, including any threads the user creates. ^_~
The current blocking feature collapses the posts of blocked users with a small bar with expansion options. I don't know about threads, though.

Interesting ideas, though. I'll be sure to try them some time.

yomamathecableguy
December 27th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Nice work.
How about a text box for replying, just like that in the Advanced Reply? That way, I can send VMs and reply to threads using the text resize, emoticon and all those features without going to a different page!

Hmm.. that sounds like an interesting idea as well. I'll work on it :D

@Archer - ahhh ok. Thanks for clearing that up. Well that was a waste of my time then. XDD