PDA

View Full Version : HTC Droid or Motorola Droid.

No, you fail
December 28th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Well I'm able to upgrade my crappy enV this Thursday and I have Verizon but I really have no idea what phone to go with I want wifi, touchscreen, and all that other junk. I really don't want to go with Blackberry since my sister had a storm 2 that she let me use for a week and I hated that thing. Money is not really an issue so if anyone could suggest which one would be better the HTC or Motorola versions or even a totally different phone that would be appreciated.

~Thanks!

twocows
December 28th, 2009, 09:27 AM
A) Switch providers now while you can. Verizon is absolutely, positively horrible.
B) I'd personally hold off on getting anything fancy until we see what Google will be offering with their rumored Nexus One phone; it's supposed to be really good. Otherwise, I'd recommend a Nokia phone, theirs are very high quality.

Petie
December 28th, 2009, 10:35 PM
I'll actually provide an answer to your question. While I would normally recommend HTC as I personally like their hardware and it seems to hold up pretty well, Motorola's Droid wins out for two huge reasons. First, it has a physical keyboard, which HTC's does not. This is a big factor for me but may be less important for you. The other important point is that Motorola included a better processor. I don't remember the exact specs but overall, Motorola's should run better.

I can't recommend other phones but you're not getting an impartial opinion from me - I like Android a lot and would recommend an Android-based phone over absolutely everything else Verizon has to offer.

Bianca Paragon
December 29th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Do yourself a favor and avoid Android; it's a dying OS~

Alistair
December 29th, 2009, 12:00 PM
I'm going with Petie on this one and saying go with the Motorola Droid. The only things that Droid do not have over the Droid Eris are the Sense UI and a better battery.

No, you fail
December 29th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Doesn't the HTC only have 1.5 software and the Motorola have 2.0? If so that could be a decision maker for me.

Alistair
December 29th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Yeah, but I'm pretty sure people have already ported 2.0 to the Eris, and I think HTC is working on an official update to 2.0. That's the wonderful thing about Android, is that it's upgradeable.

And 2.1 is coming out soon, too.

rockman0
January 4th, 2010, 02:35 PM
There's going to be an update to the Eris, but I would recommend the MOTOdroid. It's better. My Eris freezing from time to time and I only got it because the price was welcoming. And I thought they were both the same company. But Motorola is better.