PDA

View Full Version : windows live messenger trouble

Yu_&_Rei
December 30th, 2009, 05:32 PM
well people I'm officially stumped, when I try logging into windows live it keeps giving me an error code : 8007007e

I dont know how to fix this, I've tried un-installing and installing again, and constantly restarting my PC, yet nothing works, anyone know how to help?

Zet
December 30th, 2009, 05:41 PM
I found this google'ing the error message

Concerning "error 8007007e" I found a solution to that problem. All you need to do is go to your main folder e.g. C:/Program Files/Windows Live folder and search file named "wlarp" (it is located in Windows Live/Installer folder). Start up that program and choose REPAIR option and wait till repairing progress is done and that's it. Restart computer after repairing and enjoy!

(It worked for me!) ;)

P.S. I got that error code after virus got into Messenger,I unistalled it but inaproprietly. After that I installed the new version and right after completed installation I started repair procedure(via wlarp program). I hope this intel will help you. :D

and there is also this page: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.live.messenger&tid=7efb7a2e-4aaf-4d14-acb9-616fada4200f&cat=&lang=&cr=&sloc=&p=1

download the stuff from Jonathan's post and scroll down on how to run the last two files if you have any problems running them.

Yu_&_Rei
December 30th, 2009, 05:44 PM
I still get the same Error Code =/

Zet
December 30th, 2009, 05:54 PM
What else does the error message tell you? Because I can't find that error code on the support site :s

Yu_&_Rei
December 30th, 2009, 06:03 PM
heres exactly what it says:

Signing into Windows Live messenger failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

Error Code: 8007007e

I've had this problem since yesterday morning =/

Zet
December 30th, 2009, 06:09 PM
I've had that error before, I usually just had to restart the computer and unplugged and plugged myself back into the router

Yu_&_Rei
December 30th, 2009, 06:27 PM
that didnt work for me either..

Dark Pulse
December 30th, 2009, 07:35 PM
check your security settings firewall might be blocking it

Yu_&_Rei
December 30th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Firewall isnt blocking it

Dark Pulse
December 30th, 2009, 07:59 PM
did you troubleshoot? if you didnt do, its probuably the proxy or the ips

Yu_&_Rei
December 30th, 2009, 08:07 PM
I troubleshooted, and tried repairing, still didnt work

Zet
December 30th, 2009, 08:12 PM
what about right clicking the internet connection icon and selecting repair? unless that's the repairing you mentioned before

Dark Pulse
December 30th, 2009, 08:14 PM
(edit) actually,i got an error code similar too this and i delted some programs to make space.wheter it works for you i dont know but its worth giving it a try

Yu_&_Rei
December 30th, 2009, 08:19 PM
what about right clicking the internet connection icon and selecting repair? unless that's the repairing you mentioned before
thats what i was talking about, and I looked from google but nothing works

Dark Pulse
December 30th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Like my last post suggested try deleting unwanted programs

donavannj
December 30th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Go to Start<Run..., then type "cmd" into the dialog box. Then enter "ipconfig /all", and look for the Lease Expires Value. Next type "ipconfig /release". Wait until the time the "lease" expires (this means you'll be w/o internet, unfortunately, if you don't have another computer), then boot it back up. You may have to go back into the Command Prompt and type "ipconfig /renew", though you shouldn't have to. If this doesn't work, I'm out of ideas.

Yu_&_Rei
December 31st, 2009, 01:43 PM
wow....STILL doesnt work... this seriously sucks but thank you for those who are giving me some ideas to try out, even though they didnt work I really appreciate the help =)

twocows
December 31st, 2009, 02:51 PM
bad suggestion
Don't do that, it'll screw up your installation.

If you need IM right now, you can try using Pidgin (http://pidgin.im/) for the time being. Or you can uninstall Windows Live Messenger and use whatever version came with your OS.

As for the error, I have no clue what might be causing it. It could be a hundred things. Try running a virus scan just to be safe.

Pazuzu
December 31st, 2009, 04:14 PM
Or you could just use the Windows Live Web Messenger. Crazy idea, I know.

Yu_&_Rei
December 31st, 2009, 06:18 PM
Don't do that, it'll screw up your installation.

If you need IM right now, you can try using Pidgin (http://pidgin.im/) for the time being. Or you can uninstall Windows Live Messenger and use whatever version came with your OS.

As for the error, I have no clue what might be causing it. It could be a hundred things. Try running a virus scan just to be safe.
well the thing is when I use a different version it will tell me to update it to the newer version, and yeah im using windows live web messenger for now but id like to get this fixed

Giraffes? Giraffes!
December 31st, 2009, 08:39 PM
Try clearing your temporary windows live folder from the temp folder, it usually fixes most errors, I tend to do it every month..

Anyway, to do this:

Close any instances of messenger that are currently open, then push the windows icon as well as R, it should open up Run, proceed and type "%temp%" (without the quotes) It should open a folder. Proceed and delete the folder labeled "MessengerCache". You can delete "Messenger Pics" and "messenger voice" if you wish, doesn't matter. Restart if you wish, that doesn't matter either.

If you don't have the windows icon on your keyboard, go to start type run and do what I said above.

Quick note: I'm on windows 7, so the folders could possibly be renamed differently on Vista or XP. If that's the case simply delete anything named "messenger" or "windows live" and it would be the same.

Zet
December 31st, 2009, 08:41 PM
the temp folder is still the temp folder on XP and Vista

Yu_&_Rei
December 31st, 2009, 09:34 PM
Try clearing your temporary windows live folder from the temp folder, it usually fixes most errors, I tend to do it every month..

Anyway, to do this:

Close any instances of messenger that are currently open, then push the windows icon as well as R, it should open up Run, proceed and type "%temp%" (without the quotes) It should open a folder. Proceed and delete the folder labeled "MessengerCache". You can delete "Messenger Pics" and "messenger voice" if you wish, doesn't matter. Restart if you wish, that doesn't matter either.

If you don't have the windows icon on your keyboard, go to start type run and do what I said above.

Quick note: I'm on windows 7, so the folders could possibly be renamed differently on Vista or XP. If that's the case simply delete anything named "messenger" or "windows live" and it would be the same.
sorry that didnt work either

.Seth
December 31st, 2009, 10:04 PM
May I ask to see your system specs? Like amount of Ram, HDD Space, etc?

Yu_&_Rei
January 1st, 2010, 06:14 PM
ummm I think I've got about 32 GB of ram, i dunno about HDD space

Lén
January 1st, 2010, 07:09 PM
I had this problem once.

In fact after many hours of searching, i found something that it was the fault of MSN servers ... Oo

Well, try another server (I was using a software that was hacking msn to connect to another server, I don't remember the name sry).

Yu_&_Rei
January 1st, 2010, 07:26 PM
how exactly do i change servers?

twocows
January 1st, 2010, 09:20 PM
You don't have that much. Right click on "My Computer" or "Computer" and click properties; the resulting screen should show how much RAM you have somewhere. Right click on "Local Disk" or "C:\" and click properties; the resulting dialogue should tell you how much HDD space you have.

.Seth
January 1st, 2010, 10:32 PM
Can you tell me your operating system? Is it XP? Is it Vista? Is it 7? Is it OSX?

Also, run a virus scan using your Anti-Virus. I suggest Microsoft Security Essentials. It's free. Also, run a Malwarebytes Scan (http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php).

Chances are it might be a virus if changing the firewall settings, resetting the router/internet connection, repairing WLM, reinstalling WLM, clearing the temp folder, and running wlarp.exe don't work.

Yu_&_Rei
January 1st, 2010, 11:48 PM
Can you tell me your operating system? Is it XP? Is it Vista? Is it 7? Is it OSX?

Also, run a virus scan using your Anti-Virus. I suggest Microsoft Security Essentials. It's free. Also, run a Malwarebytes Scan (http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php).

Chances are it might be a virus if changing the firewall settings, resetting the router/internet connection, repairing WLM, reinstalling WLM, clearing the temp folder, and running wlarp.exe don't work.
yeah my operating system is XP, and I guess I can do a virus check

Zet
January 2nd, 2010, 01:34 AM
Zet recommends running Hitman Pro 3.5 (http://www.surfright.nl/en/hitmanpro). It uses multiple antivirus signatures to check files and the scanning process is fast too.

twocows
January 2nd, 2010, 02:04 AM
yeah my operating system is XP, and I guess I can do a virus check
Still waiting on the more accurate system details. :\

Yu_&_Rei
January 2nd, 2010, 06:43 PM
eh well im buying a new laptop now so this might no longer be a problem.

twocows
January 3rd, 2010, 12:14 AM
eh well im buying a new laptop now so this might no longer be a problem.
I recommend an Asus or IBM/Lenovo.