PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 Uninstall Programs Glitch

|Maximus|
January 9th, 2010, 09:04 PM
Hi. I recently bought an Acer laptop with Windows 7 OS.

I went to uninstall programs, and it shows only 8 programs installed, and I let it fully load.

But, I do have all of my programs.

Any help on how to fix this?

twocows
January 9th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Hi. I recently bought an Acer laptop with Windows 7 OS.

I went to uninstall programs, and it shows only 8 programs installed, and I let it fully load.

But, I do have all of my programs.

Any help on how to fix this?
I don't understand what you're saying. Could you rephrase it to be a bit more clear?

Zet
January 10th, 2010, 02:49 AM
If you have 8 programs installed, it will show you what 8 programs you have.

|Maximus|
January 10th, 2010, 05:56 AM
If you have 8 programs installed, it will show you what 8 programs you have.

But I dont have only 8 programs installed. I have much more than that. Just a little while ago, it showed all of my programs installed. The programs it shows in the Control Panel, are programs i didn't even know I had.

Gerri Shin
January 10th, 2010, 04:12 PM
I've run into the same glitch every now and then. I've found that some programs that were written for Windows XP and the early versions of Vista don't show up. I've taken to forgoing the Windows 7 uninstall applet and using Revo Uninstall (http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller/3000-2096_4-10687648.html?tag=mncol) (which is free) instead.

|Maximus|
January 10th, 2010, 04:32 PM
I've run into the same glitch every now and then. I've found that some programs that were written for Windows XP and the early versions of Vista don't show up. I've taken to forgoing the Windows 7 uninstall applet and using Revo Uninstall (http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller/3000-2096_4-10687648.html?tag=mncol) (which is free) instead.

Thanks for the help, but I just installed it, and now it only shows RMVX.

I have RMXP, iTunes, Sony Vegas, Visual Basic, Maplestory. As you can see, I have much more than just RMVX and its RTP

twocows
January 10th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the help, but I just installed it, and now it only shows RMVX.

I have RMXP, iTunes, Sony Vegas, Visual Basic, Maplestory. As you can see, I have much more than just RMVX and its RTP
Most uninstallers can be found either in the directory the program was installed to, or a hidden folder called "C:\Windows\Installer" with some random number as a name. You can sometimes figure out which installer goes with which application by its description in the details portion of the properties context menu. Otherwise, you can usually just experiment by opening each one manually (make sure to cancel if it isn't the installer you want to access).