PDA

View Full Version : Stallions

Kelsey
October 22nd, 2004, 01:25 PM
OK, this is a poem I wrote right after I wrote "Trapped", so I was still pretty depressed. Which is why this poem may not be as enlightening as my other works. ^^;;

Stallions

The stallion is a symbol,
Of a spirit gone free.
Just seeing them run,
Fills one with glee.

With their manes of gold,
And their hooves of steel.
Just by the sight of them,
You'd know how I feel.

They run like the wind,
While flipping their tails.
They move just as swift,
As a ship's great white sails.

Yet most are now gone,
Tired and alone.
Still they hope every night,
To one day return home.

Now, I am really straining myself to explain what this poem means. But advice from Finglonger says that I shouldn't explain my poems and just keep you viewers guessing. This poem is very choppy and doesn't flow very well, but, meh, bite me. ^_~ Enjoy this crappy poem of mine! XD

~Kelsey

PikaPal
October 22nd, 2004, 01:27 PM
What an awesome poem!!!!
I'm horse crazy, and that poem rocks!
I wrote a poem on stallions before, too.

Kelsey
October 22nd, 2004, 01:33 PM
Thanks Pikapal!! I should've known the biggest horse-lover in teh forums would've liked it. ^.^

~Kelsey

darkblastoise89
October 22nd, 2004, 01:48 PM
i'm not a horse-freak, but i like this poem. it's not crappy. i can see the depressing mood at the end. simple and short. it get's the message across without a lot of useless cliches, and that is a good thing ^ ^

Kelsey
October 22nd, 2004, 01:49 PM
Fwee! *huggles Matt* thanks for rating it. Yeah, right after I wrote "Trapped" I wrote this one, in hopes of the thought of horses getting me out of my depression. XD

~Kelsey

PikaPal
October 22nd, 2004, 01:52 PM
Horses always get me to snap out of it. Their soooo awesome!

Kelsey
November 10th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Yeah, I adore horses, just being near them makes me feel so calm. ^_^ Anyways, this was just a spur of the moment kind of poem. =3 Thanks for reading it! ^.^

~Kelsey

Koga_LUVer
November 11th, 2004, 01:50 AM
yet another good poem.Man I wish my peoms were good as yours.

Kelsey
November 11th, 2004, 02:38 PM
Awwww, you're too kind, Koga. And I am sure your poems are every bit as good as anyone's. Everyone is a poet, some just haven't found that poetry may be one of their strengths yet. ^_~

~Kelsey

Koga_LUVer
November 11th, 2004, 04:10 PM
Awwww, you're too kind, Koga. And I am sure your poems are every bit as good as anyone's. Everyone is a poet, some just haven't found that poetry may be one of their strengths yet. ^_~

~Kelsey
That's true.How wise of you to say that.

Claire
November 12th, 2004, 12:46 PM
aww, lovely poem ^^ *huggles the stallions*

Kelsey
November 13th, 2004, 09:40 AM
Awwwwwws, thanks Claire!!! ^0^

~Kelsey

Kyosuke
November 13th, 2004, 12:23 PM
That poem did flow well it just seemed to rhyme alot. I'm not a poetry expert or anything, but if you ask me it was really good.

Psychotic_Demon
November 13th, 2004, 01:57 PM
i love horses! they rock!^^ awesome poem!

Kelsey
December 1st, 2004, 05:16 PM
Awwwws, thanks Espy! Horses just have a certain majesty about them that just draws me to them. Horse-lovers like myself will truly know this feeling. ^_^

~Kelsey