PDA

View Full Version : Land Of Cats

KieronGames
January 13th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Hey guys,
As iv'e posted before I am making a game called Land Of Cats.
I am quite good at flash now and actions im not so good.
If my scanner was working i would show some of the drawings but my scanner isn't so...
I am currently making a site called KieronGames which is where Land Of cats will be(im not advertising).
All I need to know is how much does it cost for like:
1 server
2 Databases(One for items and one for users and passwords
And The Web Server

Thanks
~Game-Maker

mr. ck
January 24th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Four servers which does not include the database and webserver?

I would suggest you to first work on building the game, using your home computer as the server and client itself... It would be a waste of money and resources to buy one now.

Also starting a game out with 4 servers, 3 databases, that doesn't sound good... It takes time for a game to become popular enough to require so many servers...

KieronGames
January 26th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Four servers which does not include the database and webserver?

I would suggest you to first work on building the game, using your home computer as the server and client itself... It would be a waste of money and resources to buy one now.

Also starting a game out with 4 servers, 3 databases, that doesn't sound good... It takes time for a game to become popular enough to require so many servers...
ok thank you i have reduced the servers to 1 and databses to 2

donavannj
January 26th, 2010, 12:04 PM
ok thank you i have reduced the servers to 1 and databses to 2

How about buying just 2 servers (one for the web server) and using HyperV, VMWare, or VirtualBox to virtualize 2 servers that are the databases on the one with the game engine? Or making the physical server the username/password database and putting the game engine in a virtual server? Great way to save on hardware expenses.

KieronGames
January 26th, 2010, 12:13 PM
How about buying just 2 servers (one for the web server) and using HyperV, VMWare, or VirtualBox to virtualize 2 servers that are the databases on the one with the game engine? Or making the physical server the username/password database and putting the game engine in a virtual server? Great way to save on hardware expenses.
Thats absolutely great!
I will try that!