PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Rom-Hack?

chrunch
January 13th, 2010, 05:00 PM
What's your favorite Rom Hack?
Mine is...
I don't really know, there are many great hacks out there...
Tell me what your's is.

Tropical Sunlight
January 14th, 2010, 06:16 AM
Mine's definetely Naranja. It's so great and original and everything...

NarutoActor
January 14th, 2010, 12:54 PM
shinny gold ( the real one) or Infernal Legend. oh and Tb pro's hack, great scripts XD

hashtag
January 14th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Pokémon Aurora, it's just plain amazing. :) I've played it. :D

Banjora Marxvile
January 14th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Hmm... Now, I have many favourites, for different reasons:

Ruby Destiny: Rescue Rangers - More unique than other hacks, nice storyline, nice tiles.

Sienna (Harry, I said it...) - Following Nintendo's style (although I find hacks that do that... Well, not interesting, but...).

Shiny Gold - Nostalgia, I guess.

Snakebyte
January 14th, 2010, 03:14 PM
I'm working my way through Ash's Quest now, and it's pretty awesome. It's the only one I've played this decade, I vaguely remember some hacks of Red waaay back when.

Off-Topic: Would anyone mind pointing me towards some hacks that are complete, or close to it? I just found my way to this place recently (Through Zorak's LP of Quartz) and am not all that sure where to start. (Tried making a topic to ask that but apparently I can't? Guessing it's a noob thing? Let's see if I can make replies. xD)

EDIT: Yay, I can indeed make replies!

slashedsickness
January 27th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Be sure to look up all the titles in posts above yours, because those are all really good too. My favorite is rijonAdventures because I got it to work on my PSP. I am looking for the same thing as you are, so I have found a few. If you find some more, please reply with the links! I love wasting my life playing these games!

Download free Pokémon hacks | Whack a Hack! - Download (http://wahackpokemon.com/en/download/hack-gba) This is a different site but has good stuff worth checking out
[Hack of the Year] Pokémon: rijonAdventures - The PokéCommunity Forums (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=129579)
[Hack of the Year] Pokémon: Azure Horizons - The PokéCommunity Forums (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=151068)
PokémonLightPlatinum - HACKS WORLD (http://wesleyfg.weebly.com/pokeacutemonlightplatinum.html)
POKéMON Ruby Destiny - Rescue Rangers [Hack of the Month July 2008] - The PokéCommunity Forums (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=129528)
FireRed hack: Pokémon Liquid Ocean - The PokéCommunity Forums (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=146954)

Some that will be good soon:
In Progress - Pokemon Blue Chrome - The PokéCommunity Forums (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=166412)
In Progress - Pokemon Forest of Secrets - The PokéCommunity Forums (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=206428&highlight=hall+fame)

sab
January 27th, 2010, 02:56 PM
My fav is far and away Naranja. after playing it, a lot of hacks out there looked like crap. If you can ignore the bad grammer, or if you speak german or spanish, I recomend playing this game now. Also @slashedsickness, those last two ar rmxp games, not hacks...

SonicBlazePlatinum
January 27th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Pokemon Azure Horizons is definitely my favorite ROM Hack. The mapping and scripts are great! I also like how the Gyms are planned out like Gordian Pokemon Gym and the second Pokemon Gym.

Glitch.
January 27th, 2010, 04:19 PM
shiny gold - first i have played and introduced me to rom hacking.

Zoko9426
January 29th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Naranja
btw does anyone know why i cant start a new thread?
I clicked the new thread button and it wont let me after i hit post...

Omega Zero
January 30th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Because you gotta wait for it to be approved t_t

Zeffy
January 30th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Probably Naranja.
Very original.
Also, there is Sienna and Quartz. :P

curiousnathan
January 30th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Well there are many amazing ROM Hacks out there, and created by the most artistic and creative geniuses I have ever seen.
But my favourite ROM Hack is probably Pokemon Cobalt Burn.

chaoscreater
January 31st, 2010, 08:10 PM
Shiny Gold (too bad it's discontinued, I think), Ruby Destiny (pure awesomeness), Naranja (if only it had better english translations then it would be a really original and awesome hack).

Right now i'm playing through hacks only for GBC or GB, and there aren't any really good ones other than Pokemon Prism, can anyone recommend any good hacks? I'm using a GB/GBC emulator on my phone so i only want hacks for it, i've played tons of GBA hacks already. Man i haven't been on this forum for soo long...

0m3GA ARS3NAL
February 22nd, 2010, 12:53 AM
IMO Liquid Crystal, Shiny Gold X, and Naranja (Orange) are a few... I love the Rijon gams, (Though made by different people) And those would be Brown, Prism, and Rijon Adventures...

darkrise
February 22nd, 2010, 03:36 PM
my three favorites are:

3) light platinum
2) raptor
1) ruby destiny reign of legends

chrunch
February 22nd, 2010, 09:58 PM
my three favorites are:

3) light platinum
2) raptor
1) ruby destiny reign of legends
Pokemon Raptor isn't a hack.:(

simdu68
February 27th, 2010, 06:09 AM
my favorite hack is light platinium, the maps are great and I really like the storyline and also the tiles, it's on of the only hacks I played till the end

then it's mistycal, the second hack I played till the end, the story even better than of light platinium, but there's still something that majes me like light platinium more^^

then the third is onyx blue, the storyline isn't changed, even the tiles aren't changed, there are only a few new special events, but the maps of onyx blue are just the best, the creator of onyx blue is the best mapper ever!
of course it would be better if he'd change also the story and the tiles and so, then it would be maye even before light platinium in my list but well.......

RainAndSnow
February 27th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Does anyone have any favorite hacks that are actually completed? As in, not still in Alpha or Beta?

Lati-Fan95
March 4th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Oh...^^ I've played a lot hacks, but the best out there are:

1. Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians: It's just plain awesomeness... The tiles, the music, the story and this special feeling... Sooooo epic!^^

2. Never Black and White: The tiles are so good and the story is one of the best stories ever!^^

3. Identity: The story is the most epic story I've ever played through. I was excited the whole playthrough long!^^ It's a little sad the creator didn't change the tiles...

4. Brown: These epic changes Coolboyman did to Red... They were just plain awesome!^^ When i played it, I was so addicted I could've played all day long!^^ Especially the Final Dungeon was awesome!^^

These are the best, but basically, I like every hack!^^

chrunch
March 4th, 2010, 09:52 PM
It's a little sad the creator didn't change the tiles...

I disagree. The FR tiles are great with VGAura's mapping.:)

Super Hacker
March 11th, 2010, 03:42 AM
weel..
ruby -pokemon light platinum, from my friend wesley
firered- marble from baro

DuoRyan
March 13th, 2010, 02:04 PM
well my are in top 5

Pokemon Liquid crystal = awesome story \tile and bring back memory

Pokemon Shinygold = The influence of me hacking as of today

Pokemon Sienna = feel orginal and feel nintendo

Pokemon Dark Cry Legend Of Giratina = Epic tile,great graphic and there a torn world

Pokemon Light Platinum best in graphic and tile,awesome script and love it taste of palette

NikoBelic999
March 13th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Pokemon Rijon!

It doesnt have fake pokemon, has all corrections to problems and grammar, its very fun!

pokemon rom hacks fan
March 16th, 2010, 09:56 PM
Shiny Gold - Brought me back to Pokemon.....Liquid Crystal - Great Remake,I aways loved the Crystal Version......Pokemon Ruby Destiny Reign Of Legends - very original,love the remapping,the story,the LEGENDARIES,pretty much everything about it.....Pokemon Light Platinum - Great Graphics for a GBA game,love the tiles......Pokemon AshGray - I love anime remakes especially very acurate ones

Lati-Fan95
March 17th, 2010, 07:43 AM
I disagree. The FR tiles are great with VGAura's mapping.:)

Well, most if the time, yes but some new tiles for the sewers would be awesome (the water is okay but not these things where you have to walk through, this purple stuff, it looks too quarish!^^) That comment was mostly meant for this!^^

(I know this comes a little late...^^)

dooxer
May 9th, 2010, 01:40 PM
I go for Rijon Adventures, i love the story and environment more than other hacks.
-second might be the whole ruby destiny saga, im liking it

ps my love for Rijon is in trouble: how can you stop it from freezing when you get to the silph warehouse boss??

The_Talking_Shellder
May 9th, 2010, 03:17 PM
My favorite ROM hack is definitely Pokémon ShinyGold. With the exception of the title screen, everything about it is very professional.

altariaking
May 10th, 2010, 07:28 AM
definetely sinnoh quest. i love how it is exactly the same as ruby, except with sinnoh pokemon, one new place which is really badly mapped, and no wild pokemon.

then again, shubshub's hacks are really good too.

The Cynic
May 10th, 2010, 08:44 AM
It's very close. As always I give a top 5.

5. rijonadventures - Very well made but lacked plot and momentum.
4. Sienna & Infernal Legend (tied) - Both very well made hacks with simple, but effective storylines, and well-balanced regions.
3. Naranja & Crono (tied) - The hacks that first got me interested in the hacking world. If only Naranja was finished!
2. Identity - A storyline Alistair Gray would be jealous of.
1. LightPlatinum - Absolutely faultless. The perfect hack.

Binary
May 10th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Pokemon Naranja..
First rom hack that actually inspired me to do something. I also enjoyed playing it, alot.

Snakebyte
May 10th, 2010, 10:48 AM
@TheCynic: Would you mind sending me or pointing me to where I can find Crono? Every time I've tried to get it, the download has been down.

WOW. Disregard. Must have been thinking of some other hack. Whoops.

Sawakita
May 18th, 2010, 10:25 AM
No doubt: for me brown is The best Hack(none is such original and so in-depth hacked: 4th gen pokemons in a 1st gen game, how could one make better; not to mention the totally rebuilding of the whol game).
Second place is prism (i liked so much the invention of the lights to be turned on not with flash[HM05] buth with an electric pokemon)..

clt_42
May 18th, 2010, 07:18 PM
I enjoyed pokemon brown as a kid

Melvern
June 10th, 2010, 01:06 AM
i like Ruby destinies series(RLY AWESOME!!!!)
I'm waiting for update in life of guardians

Poke_M0
June 10th, 2010, 03:45 AM
I really love Pokemon Light Platinum the best graphics,tile,map,palette and storyline..

.Paradox
June 10th, 2010, 02:08 PM
My 2 favorites are

1)Shiny Gold ftw
2)Naranja

aar2697
June 11th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Rinoh Adventures. Also, Liquid Crystal > Shiny Gold. Just my opinion. :)

Alice
June 11th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Well, the only ones I've played are Rijon Adventures, and Brown... but safari is looking pretty incredible.

war rock exe
June 12th, 2010, 11:16 AM
pokemon light platinum... is DS game turned into a gba game

mattman324
June 12th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Definately not Naranja (Very unfinished) or Shiny Gold (Unfinished Gen2 with author inserts?).

If I had to choose, Prism gets top billing, with the other 2 Rijon games and the Ruby Destiny games behind.

OFF TOPIC (Sort of): That no one else has said Prism is disturbing.

DJ. Yabup 99
June 13th, 2010, 11:47 AM
I'd have to go for one of the Spanish hacks that use ruby as a base ROM.
(not sure if these are all spanish)
Crono
Never Black & White
Mitic Island