PDA

View Full Version : Eye Dominance

100marios
October 22nd, 2004, 04:48 PM
I found this kind of interesting when I learned about it in school today, so I thought I'd make a thread about it... Plus, I'm curious about all of your results, hehe.

Ahem, so withput further ado...
What is your eye dominance?

It's going to take a bit of movement if you want to test it out, so you've been warned, hehe. Anyway, first choose an object in your house... such as your computer monitor, if you'd like. Next, put some distance between you and the object so that you can still see it clearly, (obviously, hehe) but so that it's far from your reach. Then, raise your arms and focus the object inbetween each of your hands (It may get a bit blurry, but just try to concentrate, hehe). Now, close your eyes one by one, and see if the object shifted position. Even with one of them closed, you will find that the object won't change it's location between your hands; that's your eye dominance, whichever one that was.

I just thought that was an interesting little bit of info, hehe.

EDIT: AHH!
...whoops...
I forgot to add the poll option, hehe...
*smacks his forehead*

Kayleigh
October 22nd, 2004, 05:00 PM
I'll add the poll for you if you'd like! ^_^ Just tell me what choices you'd like for it to have.

And hmm... I think mine is my left eye, but I'm not sure. I don't know if I did it right, lol. Knowing me, I probably didn't, but oh well. XD

100marios
October 22nd, 2004, 05:31 PM
Gosh, thanks Kayleigh! *Smiles*
It feels kind of awkward having you help me with one of my slip-ups with your you-know-what just around the corner, (I guess I just pulled a Kayleigh, hehe) but I suppose that shouldn't be a problem.

Anyway, here they are:
(It's according to your writing hand)

Right hand-Right eye
Left hand-Left Eye
Right hand-Left eye
Left hand-Right eye

I can't quite remember the purpose of the writing hand part, but ah well, hehe.

It's a lot easier when you're being shown the right method, so that may be the reason why if it doesn't work. Either that, or perhaps an object that really captures your attention would help...

*Turns on the Discovery Channel*
Oh, wow! An orca documentary, hehe...

TRIFORCE89
October 22nd, 2004, 05:36 PM
I'm right handed and it shifted for my right eye. O_o In fact, it shifter for both eyes. Right eye....a lot. Left eye...a little bit I was able to see beyond my hand.

Kayleigh
October 22nd, 2004, 05:43 PM
Gosh, thanks Kayleigh! *Smiles*
It feels kind of awkward having you help me with one of my slip-ups with your you-know-what just around the corner, (I guess I just pulled a Kayleigh, hehe) but I suppose that shouldn't be a problem.

Anyway, here they are:
(It's according to your writing hand)

Right hand-Right eye
Left hand-Left Eye
Right hand-Left eye
Left hand-Right eye

I can't quite remember the purpose of the writing hand part, but ah well, hehe.

It's a lot easier when you're being shown the right method, so that may be the reason why if it doesn't work. Either that, or perhaps an object that really captures your attention would help...

*Turns on the Discovery Channel*
Oh, wow! An orca documentary, hehe...Okay, got it! Tell me if that's how you wanted it. ^_^ (I guess clumsiness is contagious, lol.)

Hmm, okay. I figured it out now! I'm left-handed, and mine was my left eye.

And... HUH???? Oh my gosh! O_O *runs off to go find that channel*

[Edit] I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!! But, it's showing great white sharks right now! *mutters* I need to figure out how to work TiVo so I can rewind this show, lol.

100marios
October 22nd, 2004, 06:02 PM
Well, while it really doesn't depend on your writing hand, supposedly a greater fraction of people are matched up in that way... I think.
*Taps his head*
Gah, I really need to be quiet before someone barges in and proves me wrong, hehe.

Ah, that's great, Kayleigh! Thanks for that! (Mmm, even when it's over the internet, hehe)

Ehh? Oh, no, I never meant it literally! I just thought that may be a good thing to focus on! You know! Since you love them so mu--DOOOFF!!

*Gets whacked on the head with a remote*

....aahhhh....
Note to self: Don't mess with other people's obsessions, hehe...

EDIT: Woah...There actually was?!?!?!
I mean, of course there was, hehe...
*sweatdrops and laughs weakly*

Brittany
October 22nd, 2004, 10:07 PM
I would be Left hand Left eye, I think. What does Eye Dominance show?

Gardy
October 23rd, 2004, 02:43 PM
Mine is right hand- left eye and left hand- left eye o.O

Cherrim
October 23rd, 2004, 03:17 PM
Right hand, right eye for me. =X

My parents came home at the time I was standing a few feet away from the computer. I looked like an idiot and they're treating me like one now. XD;;

Eliana
October 23rd, 2004, 03:50 PM
Cool I'm different then everyone else. XD
If I'm correct I am Right eye- Left handed.
Omgd, I used to look at a pencil or something and watch it move when I closed my eyes...XD it was cool

Greed
October 23rd, 2004, 06:35 PM
I'm right eyed. Besides, its easy. My left eye's knocked out. I'm blind as a bat on that eye. XDDD And I'm right handed. Whoopee. XD

Ahem. *cough cough* Do I detect flirting between Jor-Jor and Kay-Kay? ;3 You two lovebirds, you. XD

*dies*

Teara
October 23rd, 2004, 06:53 PM
Oh Oh!! I know thiz!!!! =D
We did thiz in health in umm...umm...7(?)th grade.
I ztill remember it, I'm right handed, left eyed. =3

And of courze they're flirting, Toony.
They're in wuv <3 >;3
*getz hit with multipull rockz by two bluzhing people*

Kayleigh
October 23rd, 2004, 08:56 PM
Well, while it really doesn't depend on your writing hand, supposedly a greater fraction of people are matched up in that way... I think.
*Taps his head*
Gah, I really need to be quiet before someone barges in and proves me wrong, hehe.

Ah, that's great, Kayleigh! Thanks for that! (Mmm, even when it's over the internet, hehe)

Ehh? Oh, no, I never meant it literally! I just thought that may be a good thing to focus on! You know! Since you love them so mu--DOOOFF!!

*Gets whacked on the head with a remote*

....aahhhh....
Note to self: Don't mess with other people's obsessions, hehe...

EDIT: Woah...There actually was?!?!?!
I mean, of course there was, hehe...
*sweatdrops and laughs weakly*You're welcome! ^_^ And yeah, lol. My grandmother was even telling me about it. I've seen a few documentaries on them before, but they really only showed wild orcas hunting for food... I wish they wouldn't, though! It's kind of a sad sight.

................................. *throws more rocks at CaRtOON and Teara* Shaddup, lol. XP

Mr Cat Dog
October 24th, 2004, 02:12 AM
Right Hand-Right Eye for me. And of course Jordan and Kayleigh are flirting. It's only human nature. We'll just leave you two lovebirds alone in the thread. Who knows what you may get up to ;D (I'm not implying anything XD)

On topic now: What does this actually mean in correlation to anything else? Or is it just a piece of random information that means we go further away from the computer and whatnot? XD

Cherrim
October 25th, 2004, 03:54 PM
It probably is just a ploy to get us away from the computers momentarily. XD

Although you could always focus on something else, while sitting at the computer. <_<

*Chikorita*
October 25th, 2004, 03:58 PM
I'm left handed, and it was my left eye as well. I have done this before in school as well. But for some reason it took forever to figure out in school. :/

Kairi
October 25th, 2004, 04:17 PM
It probably is just a ploy to get us away from the computers momentarily. XD

Although you could always focus on something else, while sitting at the computer. <_<
She knows this because she DID it, you know. And I think when I did it, it was right/right.
o.o;

Eliana
October 25th, 2004, 04:19 PM
o.O;; I feel special! XD
I'm the only one who is Left handed-Right eyed! Go me! XD

Teara
October 25th, 2004, 04:46 PM
o.O;; I feel special! XD
I'm the only one who is Left handed-Right eyed! Go me! XD
Well actually, I did that at my grandma'z houze and zo zhe of courze had to try it and zhe'z the zame az you ^^;;

But I hear left handed people...ummm...zomething...grr. I know there waz zomething about left handed people that waz kinda neat...but I dont' remember @_@
Either way it'z ztill uniqe that you're left handed ^_^

Aww, c'mon Kayleigh, you two make zuch a cute couple =3 no need to deny i-
*getz bombarded with rockz*

Eliana
October 25th, 2004, 05:12 PM
Yeah I know. XD I'm special. I use my right hand mostly for sports though o.o

100marios
October 26th, 2004, 05:40 PM
You're welcome! ^_^ And yeah, lol. My grandmother was even telling me about it. I've seen a few documentaries on them before, but they really only showed wild orcas hunting for food... I wish they wouldn't, though! It's kind of a sad sight.

................................. *throws more rocks at CaRtOON and Teara* Shaddup, lol. XP
Wow, I must be psychic or something, hehe. *scratches his head* Talk about your strange coincidences!

And I know what you mean. I think I saw one once on the Discovery Channel, and it showed two or three orcas trying to seperate another little whale from its mother. Although hunting is a means of retrieving food for practically every carnivorous animal, it's the side that frightens many people, limiting their trust in wildlife. It's a shame they call them "Killer Whales," when they're actually one of the only types of whales us humans can tame... and when they are, they're very sweet animals! (Though, I don't need to tell you that, hehe)

But, this all so very off-topic, hehe...

Anyway, to be perfectly honest, I have no idea what eye dominance actually stands for, hehe. *sweatdrops* Although, it's safe to assume that perhaps you count on that eye more for incoming images, since it recieves it more evenly than the other.

And, huh?
Throw rocks?
Pssh, I would never resort to a childish action like that! Pish posh!

*Rolls a boulder at CaRtOON, Teara, and Mr. Cat Dog*

Happy landings, hehe...

Eliana
October 26th, 2004, 05:42 PM
I do.
Eye dominance shows which eye will be more useful when doing sports such a shooting and Archery. XD

100marios
October 26th, 2004, 05:48 PM
I do.
Eye dominance shows which eye will be more useful when doing sports such a shooting and Archery. XD
....just as I thought!
Hehe....

It does make sense, because if you were aiming with your other eye, it would make it all the more difficult to hit the target... and hit someone else by mistake, hehe.

Kayleigh
October 26th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Wow, I must be psychic or something, hehe. *scratches his head* Talk about your strange coincidences!

And I know what you mean. I think I saw one once on the Discovery Channel, and it showed two or three orcas trying to seperate another little whale from its mother. Although hunting is a means of retrieving food for practically every carnivorous animal, it's the side that frightens many people, limiting their trust in wildlife. It's a shame they call them "Killer Whales," when they're actually one of the only types of whales us humans can tame... and when they are, they're very sweet animals! (Though, I don't need to tell you that, hehe)

But, this all so very off-topic, hehe...

Anyway, to be perfectly honest, I have no idea what eye dominance actually stands for, hehe. *sweatdrops* Although, it's safe to assume that perhaps you count on that eye more for incoming images, since it recieves it more evenly than the other.

And, huh?
Throw rocks?
Pssh, I would never resort to a childish action like that! Pish posh!

*Rolls a boulder at CaRtOON, Teara, and Mr. Cat Dog*

Happy landings, hehe...Lol, I'm not surprised, though! I see a ton of shows about orcas on The Discovery Channel.

Ah, and I know. I wish that all animals were herbivores... That's the only thing that I dislike about a few of my favorite animals that do eat meat. I guess that it's just their instict though, and we probably can't talk too much about it either since we eat meat, too. x_x Ack.

But still, I know... They can be dangerous, but calling them that seems a bit cruel, since they can actually be tamed. And I actually don't think sharks are too mean. Even though I honestly don't (o_o ...) really like them, they're still not out to eat all humans that go swimming in the ocean. Most of the attacks from them are caused because the sharks accidentally mistake humans for seals or something. (If any of you even think about teasing me for having compassion for sharks... then don't bother, lol. XD Or else I'll come hunt you down! My mom did that the other day because I was sticking up for sharks and a little spider that we found in our garage, and saying how they weren't really mean. *runs off*) Anyway, going off-topic, lol.

And huh... a boulder? Why didn't I think of that?! *watches as a meteor comes crashing down towards Teara, CaRtOON, and Mr Cat Dog* Hey! I really do have a lot of luck with seeing those things!

(Ah, just teasing. XP *pokes them all*)

Geometric-sama
October 26th, 2004, 08:26 PM
Oddly enough, I'm a right-hand right-eye left-foot. XD

Eliana
October 27th, 2004, 04:08 PM
JA, you do that. Omgd, this reminds me of the game Twister. XD

Claire
October 27th, 2004, 04:14 PM
I'm right handed, but my left eye is dominant ^^

Lil' Schu
October 28th, 2004, 09:45 AM
I'm right-handed,right-eyed. Thing is, my left eye is really really bad, and my left eye is 20/20 vision oo;;

XD

Geometric-sama
October 28th, 2004, 08:05 PM
You have two left eyes? o_O And whaddaya mean Eli? I am left-footed!

Blaine
October 30th, 2004, 01:08 PM
Well actually, I did that at my grandma'z houze and zo zhe of courze had to try it and zhe'z the zame az you ^^;;

But I hear left handed people...ummm...zomething...grr. I know there waz zomething about left handed people that waz kinda neat...but I dont' remember @_@
Either way it'z ztill uniqe that you're left handed ^_^

Aww, c'mon Kayleigh, you two make zuch a cute couple =3 no need to deny i-
*getz bombarded with rockz*
Heheh... Now eliana isn't the only left hand-right eyed person on PC. I am as well. ^^''

Geometric-sama
November 2nd, 2004, 04:03 PM
We should add "foot" options to it. I'm definitely left-footed, I fall over a lot more easily on my right foot.

Miyu-chan
November 3rd, 2004, 05:41 PM
I'm right hand-right eye... the most common... xD;

[EDIT] Wait a minute... o.o; both of them move! O.O; I'm right hand - no eye? xD;;;;

Geometric-sama
November 3rd, 2004, 05:51 PM
You probably have, like, a heap of astigmatism in both eyes XD. If you wear glasses, take them off too :P

Miyu-chan
November 6th, 2004, 08:36 PM
*takes off glasses* Yeah, they still both move. Wow, I feel special. xD

Ryoutarou
November 6th, 2004, 09:25 PM
The left eye for me, it felt a little odd though. Glad there isn't anyone home, that would have been strange 0__o, well I'm tired and it might not have been best to do it with groggy eyes.

Geometric-sama
November 7th, 2004, 03:29 PM
That test doesn't always work anyway. XD *yawns*