PDA

View Full Version : Hardest RSE Gym Leader

FreakyLocz14
January 17th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Tate & Liza were the hardest for me.

Kimicatdemon
January 17th, 2010, 05:57 PM
The hardest one for me was Norman. I used Hariyama and I still got my rear end handed to me over and over....

and when I finally beat him, It was like...BORDERLINE....

I saved as soon as I got control of everything again....

Leader Soulja Boy
January 17th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Had trouble with Norman and the twins the others weren't all that bad.

mew²
January 17th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Freakin Juan. o_o
He even put my Shedninja into shock

Teh Blazer
January 17th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Norman for sure. His Slaking's stats are equal to Groundon's and Kyogre's. Dude's seriously crazy.

Caelus
January 17th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Normally the hardest Gym Leader would be Brawly, but on my first attempt in Emerald it took many, many tries to beat Tate & Liza.

Brawly's Makuhita is a pain, but I gain experience from the others, so it gets easier the more I battle Brawly. I had a type disadvantage with the twins, so that's why I struggled with them; later battles were with Pokemon whose types had the upper hand.

So it's generally Brawly/

Gary Oak FTW
January 17th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Norman was easy but the hardest had to be liza and tate.

Hatenko
January 17th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Norman's Slaking was really annoying and Wallace (YES, WALLACE) was a jerk.

Sora
January 17th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Ruby and Sapphire: Norman. ;o; Stupid Dad, why can't you be easier.
Emerald: Juan and his stupid Kingdra. :(

Xebelleon
January 17th, 2010, 07:48 PM
All in the Slaking...

Juan gave me minimal issues. Usually.
I have Endeavor on Swellow always (and Quick Attack). Sometimes on Swampert. So STAB Aerial Ace from Swellow or just a good old fashined Shadow Ball from Absol/Banette solved my later Juan problems.

Fire Blazer
January 17th, 2010, 09:08 PM
I had a hard time with Norman... it's like they made him hard because he's the player's father in the game. o_o I never thought that normal type pokemon could be such a pain...

Cirrus
January 17th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Slaking Facade makes me really, really angry.

Juan was trying to confuse me all the time with Water Pulse, but then I Sunnybeamed everything and won. -_-

BHwolfgang
January 17th, 2010, 11:58 PM
It was always either Juan or Wallace that urks me so. I was always at a type disadvantage for some reason (Blaziken, Torkoal, Golem, and a whimpy Linoon)

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty
January 18th, 2010, 01:42 AM
The first time I played Emerald, Norman, Wattson and the Psychic Twins o' Mossdeep kicked my butt from one end of the game to the other. The second time around, I had Combusken, Lairon and Mightyena, and they didn't stand a chance. And I had a Raichu on my team to help against Wallace during the E4. :>

The Psychic Twins are still the most annoying to me, though. :x I hate Claydols now. XD

mondays suck
January 18th, 2010, 05:29 AM
Wattson definetely takes this cake, I can't describe how much I hate battling him.
Norman is actually not that hard, a Pokemon with Dig or Protect can easily beat his Slakings, end the Vigoroth is not that strong.
The twins... In RS they're a joke, while they're quite challenging in Emerald. But 3 of their 4 Pokemon are weak to Water, which means Surf, so where's the problem?

Medli
January 18th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Norman always gave me trouble, even with a Combusken. Then again, I'm usually extremely underleveled for that fight. Freaking Slaking.

Wattson never gave me trouble because I always had a Combusken. Fire types win over Steel. Haha.

Talli
January 18th, 2010, 10:18 AM
The flying type of really kicked my backside again, forget what her name is though

thedestinedblade
January 18th, 2010, 10:46 AM
^Winona

Wattson would continuously own me mostly in part because I had nothing that was effective against his part steel team. (I hated Torchic. ;D)

TheAppleFreak
January 18th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Winona sucked because my Manetric was underleveled, I chose Treecko as my starter, and everything else was slower than her stuff. Her Altaria was especially annoying.

InfernoRogue
January 18th, 2010, 04:49 PM
They were all pretty easy, IMO. Winona took me the longest to beat, however. ^_^;

GlitchCity
January 18th, 2010, 05:44 PM
tate and liza were challenging but they were fun to battle against

also norman, that was a good normal type gym leader, damn slaking.......

Jak
January 18th, 2010, 06:15 PM
To be honest, I think RSE had the hardest gym leaders. My first playthrough of Sapphire, I don't recall ever beating a gym leader in one shot. The hardest for me are (in no order; they're all tied) Tate and Liza, Winona, and Brawly.

Ayselipera
January 18th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Honestly Wattson is the hardest gym leader. Even though I almost always have a Combusken with me I still find it extremely difficult to win. It's that Magneton of his. :'(

Kriptic
January 18th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Norman's never really been a problem for me because i always have a good fighting type (usually Machoke) on my team. But the most difficult has always been Winona with her annoying Altaria.

xxashxx
January 18th, 2010, 09:53 PM
Tate and Liza were hard for me because of the annoying Solrock and Lunatone they have and their gym is a bit confusing just getting to them. It took me nearly an hour on Emerald because Emerald was the only one I got of the R/S/E series. The switches were a bit annoying and you get lost after awhile.:)

JeTz
January 19th, 2010, 02:53 AM
Norman and Taze & Liza freaking annoying

Decibel
January 19th, 2010, 05:06 AM
Winona and Norman were probably the hardest for me. Why'd I pick Treecko?

Blue Nocturne
January 19th, 2010, 07:08 AM
I found winona quite hard, every advantage i had she somehow trumped. I actually found tate and liza really easy, milotic and sceptile owned them two.

Calder
January 19th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Tate and Liza and Wattson were the hardest. Period. The others are pushovers

Aipo
January 19th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Norman definatly. With all the others I can't remember it being a problem. I defeated the twins in first try.

Electricmudkip
January 21st, 2010, 07:27 PM
The hardest for me was Brawly. Bulk up+Vital throw was annoying. My Grovyle was gone in two hits. I used a Taillow before, didn't work. Had to use a Swellow. The only time I beat him in one try was when I used a Kirlia.

Mawile412
January 22nd, 2010, 01:27 PM
Wattson when all you have is a delcatty and a beautifly >_>

Omega Sableye
January 22nd, 2010, 01:53 PM
Probably Watson because on my current file i had to beat him with a Sableye and Mawile....not too easy surprisingly

Mawile412
January 22nd, 2010, 04:32 PM
Probably Watson because on my current file i had to beat him with a Sableye and Mawile....not too easy surprisingly

you know my pain now, Kecleo -_-

Togekiss♥
January 22nd, 2010, 04:56 PM
Out of all of them I think it is Liz and Tate Absol solo was hard thunderbolt missed a couple of times which really got me in trouble plus swampert water attacks got weakened by sunny day

Jubilation
January 22nd, 2010, 05:21 PM
I've always found Tate and Liza to be difficult.

Vercetti13
February 10th, 2010, 01:08 AM
IMO Tate & Liza are hardest.

Maco
February 10th, 2010, 01:23 AM
I'd say Tate and Liza. I used a Gardevoir for everything in-game, and all my other pokemon were 20 levels too weak.

Ninja Caterpie
February 10th, 2010, 01:36 AM
Brawly was always the toughest for me.

He's the only one I ever lost to.

I usually started with Treecko and, well, I got PWNED.

Even in the mono-grass challenge with a Shroomish's Leech Seed didn't work.

Liza and Tate were easy.

Has no one heard of Surf? I mean, even GYARADOS was good enough.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
February 10th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Getting through Tate and Liza's gym was always a pain and a half. But despite popular opinion, I never found them that hard to battle once I got to them,

Battle wise, Norman was the hardest in R/S and Juan in Emerald. For Emerald they really dumbed down Norman's team but gave Juan a Double Teaming Kingdra...

Michela92
February 10th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Liza and Tate were the hardest for me. It took me so long to beat them. It was a very annoying battle I was so happy when I finally won.

Lt_Nite
February 10th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Norman by far for me, his Slakings destroyed me so many times. Tate and Liza were easy for me because I'd just fish for a Sharpedo and crunch them.

The Doctor
February 10th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Torchic - Tate And Liza, the stupid nurbs wouldnt let me Blaziken beat them,

Mudkip - Norman, Stupid Slaking.....

Treecko, The Stupid Fire Gym

September
February 10th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Tate and Liza always gave me trouble because I never picked up any pokemon with great Dark type moves or dark pokes to fight them with. If I game planned around them it would've been easier but my overall team suffers because of it.

Consistent losses always came from Norman though. I had to rely on some powerful attacks and hope to god Facade didn't wreck me whenever I sent someone out.

zommy08
February 10th, 2010, 11:54 AM
What's so tough about Tate & Liza? Brawly was my doom, especially since the Taillow I temporarily had was only Lv. 13 (and I also had a Marshtomp, a Shroomish and an HM Slave, Zigzagoon). Gosh, I HATED that Makuhita. Stupid Reversal attack. Meditite was a pushover. It used two moves in the entire battle: once it used Bulk Up, many times it failed to use Focus Punch.

Dark Sceptile
February 10th, 2010, 12:05 PM
I hate the twins. In Emerald, they were horrible. I always picked Torchic, so I was destroyed there.

The Cynic
February 10th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Has to be Tate and Liza. I only ever had Emerald out of those 3 games, so they might be easier in Ruby and Saphire...

GSCyndaquil19
February 18th, 2010, 03:26 PM
norman.it used to be tate and liza for me but i somehow beat them without intedning too in my emerald,i was just gunna fight them as much as i could to mayb level up my pokemon and i ended up winning

Kendall
February 18th, 2010, 11:13 PM
Norman definitely. I'm not very fond of fighting types so I never used one.

arcanineflames23
February 19th, 2010, 04:09 AM
Tate and Liza definetly. Especially for me who only was raising a blaziken and azumarill in emerald. ANd I still am :)

fishrocker
February 19th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Brawley, Norman, or the twins.

blueblur155
February 19th, 2010, 04:24 PM
The twins were the most annoying gym leaders that I have EVER fought in ANY pokemon game, although Jasmin (G/S/C) annoyed me nearly as much.

shot571
February 19th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Ruby: brawly was proper annoying. i dont know why though. winona and the twins were pretty hard cos i had torchic as my starter. even though the twins were annoying i beat them in one shot. the only problem was i only train one pokemon so my blaziken was strong while i had lv20 zigzagoon an stuff.

Emerald: definitely the twins since i only got that far. i unfortunately had a copy of emerald :(. so it wouldnt let me save. so i left it on the charger and tried to play through the game as fast as possible. again i had a torchic.

Nikorasu
February 20th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Norman and brawley. I managed to confuse slaking and every attack he did always hurt himself. Lucky me D:

Rapide
February 20th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Tate and Liza were the hardest for me. Especially the Claydol they have.

Another hard gym leader would be Norman, with his Slaking.....

`Kingdra
February 20th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Brawly to a certain extent, and Norman if there's no Combusken/Blaziken with you.

rockshock28
February 20th, 2010, 05:29 PM
I didn't really have any problems with any gym leaders, but the toughest for me was Phoebe from the E4. Well, first time playing, I beat her pretty easily after that.

Christopher
February 23rd, 2010, 03:08 AM
first time through it was brawly since I use Treecko I had a few problems with him but had no problems with the rest.

Left4Dead
February 23rd, 2010, 04:54 AM
Normally for me it was Norman except for one time. I sent out Zizagoon so I could heal one of my other pokemon but I forgot I didn't have any potions so I just decided to use rock smash and maybe take his defense down a bit. The brilliant thing was that Normans last Slaking kept using Focus punch and every time I used rock smash it flinched because of it.
So I would hit it with rock smash and it would flinch, Defense gets lowered, Loafing around, Rock smash, Defense gets lowered, Focus punch, Rock smash, Flinch, Defense gets lowered etc. etc. etc.
Then eventually I defeated Slaking with this level 12 Zigzagoon! I'm not sure if it was a glitch or something but I thought it was weird that it only used Focus Punch.
Also another Gym leader I found hard was Tate and Liza, the time I went against them doing a solo run with Blaziken was a nightmare!

healberry
February 23rd, 2010, 05:14 AM
I usually try to take on each team slightly underleveled and/or using disadvantaged typing, but Tate&Liza consistently force me to level up.

Phazon
February 23rd, 2010, 05:23 AM
^
^I always wondered if the game designers thought that the whole Focus Punch + Traunt was a really clever combination. Did they remove it for Emerald? It makes his last Slaking pretty useless, unless for some reason you use Disable.

I find that Wattson is the most difficult. If you started with Treecko, his Magneton is so hard to take down.

Okami Chi
February 23rd, 2010, 05:27 AM
Tate & Liza were the hardest for me.
They just seemed to know all my double strategies. I wanted to throw my Gameboy.

Christopher
February 23rd, 2010, 07:12 AM
Wattson is tough to beat if you choose Treeko catch a maukuhita (speeling error? If so my bad) or Aron or Geodude
makes it way easier

RivalGator
February 23rd, 2010, 07:56 AM
I thought Wattson was a god damn pain in the ass.

Christopher
February 23rd, 2010, 08:13 AM
Especially with that never miss Shockwave and two of his pokemon are steel wich are pretty hard to beat with the pokemon between littleroot and Mauvile

donavannj
February 23rd, 2010, 08:24 AM
Brawly, Norman, and Wattson all come to mind in Sapphire.

Brawly: Fighting-type that early in the game is painful, especially if you don't get a Ralts, an Abra, or Torchic, since Tailow has no resistance to fighting type moves and it's flying-type attacks aren't much better than Torchic's at this stage.

Norman: That Slaking was a wall. I don't care if you brought a fighting-type, iirc, that thing had Yawn in it's moveset.

Wattson: Good ground-types are hard to come by early in Hoenn, and that's why he makes my list.

Christopher
February 23rd, 2010, 08:31 AM
Brawly is a bulk up using bastard had a swellow when I left that gym though :)

darkrise
February 25th, 2010, 10:19 AM
definetly tate and liza

i won because of my mightyena

FreakyLocz14
February 25th, 2010, 11:44 AM
I'd say the ones who are challenging are Brawly, Norman, Winona, and Tate & Liza. All the others are a cake-walk. Roxanne is only challenging if you start with Torchic and haven't evolved it yet.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
February 25th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Tate & Liza hands down.

I was stuck on them for so long in Emerald.
I eventually gave up on the game until I went back and beat them.

Guess I just didn't have the right movesets. :/

Amore
February 25th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Umm...Juan.

His Kingdra isn't weak to any of my pokemon normally (i usually only use Salamence as a dragon), and it spams Double Team. Tougher than the champion's Ludicolo, as Aerial Ace always dispatches it.

Lil MuDkiP849
February 25th, 2010, 02:37 PM
yea im very surprised not many people found emerald Jaun's kingdra a big pain the ass, it had double team and spammed it if it could, i had to teach my manectric roar jus so i could lure it out, weaken and paralyze it, then roar it out again when it got more double teams on its belt. other then that i thought most of the gym leaders were pretty easy bar the E4 lol

.Gamer
February 25th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Its a tough call.

Roxanne: Easy.
Brawly: Really hard in Ruby, but in Sapphire I just grab a Sabeleye.
Watson: Kinda hard without a Ground-type.
Flannery: Pretty easy.
Norman: Hard because his pokemon hit so hard!
Winonna: I alway get walled by her stupid Altaria.
Tate & Liza: I don't even wanna talk about it.
Juan/Wallace: Easy as pie.

The one I always have problems with is Brawly, because my 'mons are so low leveled at that point.

RandyPanda
February 25th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Tate and Liza were extremely difficult in Emerald. The Claydol and Xatu were extremely annoying when added in with the Lunatone and Solrock.

Zan
February 25th, 2010, 03:39 PM
for me the twins

i found Norman easy becose i had a Torkoal and i just used protect every 2 truns, easy as pie
hmmmm pie

Hallylicious
February 25th, 2010, 06:31 PM
TATE & LIZA are the hardest i've come across on my 2nd play-through of Emerald.
I can kill all of their pokemon but that blasted Claydol. Xatu is easy one thunderbolt from Raichu and it is dead.