PDA

View Full Version : The Lord of the Rings

Arcanine
September 7th, 2003, 05:00 PM
Ok any one here like the LOTR, any one like the books, or have movies, or seen the movies.

Kenta
September 7th, 2003, 07:31 PM
I do!

Aragorn is my favorite character

I have all the books and movies out so far(even the animated ones^^)

Favorite LOTR book: Fellowship of the Ring
Favorite Book of Tales: The Silmarillion(so many good stories)

Favorite Movie: Fellowship of the Ring
Favorite Animated Movie: Lord of the Rings(more book friendly and darker, plus it has clips in the mid 90s PC game-which rocks still)

I collect the Special Editions. My parents buy the regular versions

Arcanine
September 7th, 2003, 07:34 PM
I get the regular versions and the Special Editions. Yea I like Aragorn, The Two Towers is my fav.

Kenta
September 7th, 2003, 07:49 PM
I saw the preview for the Special Edition of the Two Towers

Its gonna be awesome!

Flashbacks of Boromir......... :cool:

Arcanine
September 7th, 2003, 07:54 PM
Yea I saw that too. I saw the preview of The Return of the King too, and I have to see that movie (I think its going to be the best of the three).

Kenta
September 7th, 2003, 07:55 PM
I agree

the best battle will come........

The Battle of the Palennor Fields

Arcanine
September 9th, 2003, 09:26 AM
I cant wate till the battle at Minas Tirith (thats going to be a good battle).

Kenta
September 9th, 2003, 11:01 AM
I can't wait too!

Its gonna be the best battle sequence in the whole trilogy!

Just to think......if they did the battles from the SilmarillionO_O
so much carnage!

igtica
September 9th, 2003, 01:27 PM
aww have u peeps seen the screenshots of TTT EE! Yayness more boromir! My fave character! lol it's weird seeing Bori and his bro together! I can't wait to get hold of those extra bori scenes! Though the one for his funeral freaks me a bit!:'(

lol have u peeps noticed that Arwen's going to battle :s in RoTK! Can't wait to see the whole shelob bit :D kiki is a great actress! She was Aragog in HP too!

Kenta
September 9th, 2003, 02:01 PM
Arwen in battle? O_O

Thats a bit overdoing it

Just as bad as Elrond sending her to the Gray Havens in The Two Towers

Greed
September 10th, 2003, 01:33 PM
Arwen's in battle? Cool! My favorite character is Legolas!!! He's sooo HOT! *glomps Legolas* I can't wait for RotK! YAY!! GO LORD OF THE RINGS!!! ^.^

^-^

igtica
September 11th, 2003, 01:21 PM
Arwen in battle? O_O

Thats a bit overdoing it

Just as bad as Elrond sending her to the Gray Havens in The Two Towers
That's what I think too! I'm glad u agree! Though still RoTK is somethig to look forward to. Though I think TTT EE is more for me atm :p

John Denver
September 17th, 2003, 01:59 PM
My favorite character is Pippin...he's such a pimp...:D

BOO ya!

igtica
September 19th, 2003, 01:18 PM
lol ahobbit fan then! weird most hobbit fans I know like both merry and pippin!

Kayleigh
September 23rd, 2003, 03:37 AM
Arwen's going to battle?! O_o

And Legolas is my favorite too! His archery skills are so coooll. *_*

Arcanine
September 23rd, 2003, 04:46 AM
Go Aragorn!!!!!!!! no dont kill me.
Well The Return of the King will come out December so thats when im going to see it (im not going to wate almost a year before it comes out on DVD).

Kayleigh
September 23rd, 2003, 05:13 AM
Lol, I know! *sits on Aragorn pictures* (Just kidding.. :P)
I'm definately going to go see the next movie! ^_^ I can't wait!!!

Kairi
September 23rd, 2003, 05:48 AM
I'll probably go to the midnight showing of it, and maybe I'll see it before Arcanine! I guess it depends on what time zone he lives in. ^_^;

I really enjoyed the preview for it on TTT DVD.

Arcanine
September 23rd, 2003, 05:54 AM
I'll probably go to the midnight showing of it, and maybe I'll see it before Arcanine! I guess it depends on what time zone he lives in. ^_^;

I really enjoyed the preview for it on TTT DVD.
Well I think you will see it before me, I dont think ill get to go the first day it comes out.

Kenta
September 23rd, 2003, 11:07 AM
since I work at a movie theater, like last movie, I will get to preview it the night before with the other employees :)

igtica
September 23rd, 2003, 11:36 AM
lol everyone's anticipating the movie :) it's cool! I'm prolly going to see the first of the previews that they show. :) I love previews, not sure y they bother with it, i mean last time i went to one there was no price difference :S lol not gonna moan though, It would be so cool to see one of the previews in London! Though U know it costs more there.

John Denver
September 23rd, 2003, 05:22 PM
My dad says that LOTR is the only situation where the Book is better than the movie...and he can read like, a novel a day...poor guy, he's melting his mind with that literature and crap

*goes out and buys The Scarlet Letter and burns it*

BOO ya!

Keitaro
September 27th, 2003, 03:24 AM
I've had all three books for like 7 years now and I never got around to reading them, but I did just get finished watching the first two movies and they were alright, the character I enjoyed the most was Gandalf. I also thought the combo of Gimli & Legolas was funny when they were competing on how many guys they kill in the 2nd one.

igtica
October 2nd, 2003, 03:01 AM
WOW Keitaro! i highly suggest that you read the books. They are so much better than the films! though admittedly like FoTR the movie, the first half of FoTR the book is a bit boring! But really seeing as you already have them take time to read them. I assure you trhat you'll be plesantly surprised!

Keitaro
October 2nd, 2003, 04:10 AM
WOW Keitaro! i highly suggest that you read the books. They are so much better than the films! though admittedly like FoTR the movie, the first half of FoTR the book is a bit boring! But really seeing as you already have them take time to read them. I assure you trhat you'll be plesantly surprised!
Yea but I have trouble getting myself to read things I'm not much into and this is just one of those things. But I'm going to hang on to the books for a day when maybe I will read them and if I do I'll do it for my aunt because she went out of her way to get those books for me for my birthday and that's why I have kept them. But thanks for the suggestion.

Kayleigh
October 4th, 2003, 01:09 PM
That's how I am with the Harry Potter books... Someone got the first one for me, and although it's been atleast a year, I haven't even read the first chapter yet. =_=; *ducks incase any crazed Harry Potter fans are looking* But.. it still doesn't mean I hate them. The movies were really good, but I'm not much of a reader...

igtica
October 5th, 2003, 12:17 PM
That's how I am with the Harry Potter books... Someone got the first one for me, and although it's been atleast a year, I haven't even read the first chapter yet. =_=; *ducks incase any crazed Harry Potter fans are looking* But.. it still doesn't mean I hate them. The movies were really good, but I'm not much of a reader...
Ok u know how much i stressed about reading the LoTr books before. well times that by about 100 and thats how much u must read HP! The films are absolute ******* compared! At least the film of LoTR do the book some good! Daniel Radcliffe can't act!

I know it's sometime hard to pick up a book (and FoTR was one of the hardest books for me to pick up) but really try! I'm not much of a reader either. My friends made me read these books, and boy i'm glad i did! I regret the fact i didn't read them sooner! So really find the time and have a good read! Your really missing out otherwise!

Kayleigh
October 6th, 2003, 11:47 AM
Ehh.. okay! o.o;;; I tried reading TRoTK once, but it was too complicated. I think that I'd like the Harry Potter books if I read them, but I haven't ever tried yet. ^_^' I know lots of people that just love them, so I guess one day I could see if I've smartened up enough to enjoy all of the complicated-ness. (Waaaiiittt... that's not a word. >_>)

igtica
October 7th, 2003, 07:11 AM
Ehh.. okay! o.o;;; I tried reading TRoTK once, but it was too complicated. I think that I'd like the Harry Potter books if I read them, but I haven't ever tried yet. ^_^' I know lots of people that just love them, so I guess one day I could see if I've smartened up enough to enjoy all of the complicated-ness. (Waaaiiittt... that's not a word. >_>)
Whoohoo! Go Kayleigh! I hope you tr soon! lol I don't suggest reading any old one lik u saw with RoTK, u need to understand from the beginning so I suggest that with HP that u start with TPS (or is the TSS too u?) as it is the first one. I warning though, the first chapter is a really yawn, but just read beyond it and u'll get sucked in. Good luck, I hope u get enchanted by such wirting like everyone else who has already done so.

ash_misty4ever
October 12th, 2003, 01:35 PM
I HATE LOTR!!!!!!!!!!!! eek it is sooo stupid! eek eek eek!

John Denver
October 17th, 2003, 07:09 AM
Ash_Misty4never....shame shame...

My dad says that the LotR books are the rare case were the movie is better than the book...si

BOO ya!

Arcanine
October 17th, 2003, 07:14 AM
I HATE LOTR!!!!!!!!!!!! eek it is sooo stupid! eek eek eek!
Why did you even post in here then Ash_Misty4never, this is a thread about LOTR not LOTR haters. That post there is spam.

igtica
October 17th, 2003, 09:40 AM
Thats really a shame! I always use the rule don't diss something till you actually try it. If something is popular among so many people, how can it be that bad?