View Full Version : Tee_Bird's Photography Showcase

January 20th, 2010, 12:08 AM
I'm still pretty new at photography (at least, in my eyes)... but here are some photos I've taken.

This little guy was in my Grandma's back yard. Canon Rebel XT 70-200 f/4 lens

Practicing macros. Canon Rebel XT, 100mm F/2.8 macro lens.

Landscape. Not my strong area... but I like this one. It was taken at Truman Lake in Missouri.

Green Tree Python taken at the St. Louis Zoo. Canon Rebel XT, 100mm F/2.8 macro lens.

Triangulate Orb Weaver. Taken along the Gasconade River in Missouri. Canon Rebel XT, 100mm f/2.8 lens.

January 22nd, 2010, 8:22 AM
Wow those look really good.. I can say non of those animals lives on Iceland.. ^^;

Also wow, I'm not sure I'd dare ever going that close to a bee with a camera.. ^^;

OMG a snake, it looks awesome.. :3 Love it's colour. :D

Ewwww it's nothing like the spiders on Iceland... xD

Wow it's so big and look at the colours.. :D

January 23rd, 2010, 2:06 PM
Thank you, Angela.

The snake was actually taken in a zoo, it's one of my favorite species of snakes.

The bee is actually called a hoverfly. They're basically harmless.

Luckily, the spider isn't as big as it looks in the picture. A macro lens was used for that one, so it's got 1:1 magnification. (The size of the spider in the picture would be the same ratio as the spider standing on the camera sensor... if I make any sense).

Thanks again for the nice comments. :)

January 24th, 2010, 2:46 AM
These are pretty good. I would love to see you take some in black and white of people, or run down buildings and stuff. I used to do that for my photography class and I loved how they came out.

My favorite I would have to say is the bee. I love the out of focus in the background and the detail. I can't wait to see more.

January 25th, 2010, 1:11 PM
I'll be going to Cancun in less than a month, so expect more around then, Jared.

I plan on practicing taking pictures of people there (since I'm not very good at it.) Maybe I'll have some nice black and white ones to show you.

January 30th, 2010, 2:26 AM

Even though I have a huge fear of snakes, I love this picture. It's so amazing

January 30th, 2010, 11:09 AM
the snake picture is amazing (: it's green.

January 30th, 2010, 9:48 PM
Thanks, both of you! It's probably my favorite kind of snake. There's morphs of it that are bright red!

February 12th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Another from my last trip at the zoo. I really love taking pictures in the reptile house because of all the fine details they have.

One more week until Cancun, expect to be bombarded with awesome photos when I get back. :)

February 13th, 2010, 2:22 PM
These are excellent quality pictures. I like them! ^_^

February 28th, 2010, 12:27 PM
A couple from Mexico. :D

Canon Rebel XT with 50mm f/1.8 lens.
Walking to Margaritaville, my family and I stopped at a lagoon to look and it started raining. I really like how this one came out for some reason...

Canon Rebel XT with 70-200mm f/4.0L lens
This picture didn't come out as sharp as I had hoped, but I still like it a bit.

Canon Rebel XT with 100mm f/2.8 macro lens.

February 28th, 2010, 7:44 PM
^this is amazing, I really like this one it's well focused and simple but very nice ^^
I love your photography great job. :]

February 28th, 2010, 7:52 PM
Wow, I can really see you becoming a wildlife photographer :D All of your pictures are really well composed and the detail in them is exquisite, especially in the close-up ones! I really love your work :)

March 1st, 2010, 8:55 PM
I really appreciate the comments, everyone.

Samme!- being a wildlife photographer would be a dream job, but I don't think I have the skill (yet) or equipment for it. (Plus, my networking degree) But it's always something I've wanted to do. Maybe I should apply for the local nature publication sometime in the very distant future.

March 13th, 2010, 6:19 AM
Wow, very nice photography here. Love the hoverfly picture (he's getting really messy drinking that stuff, eh?) and the snake one scared me a little bit there XD I like the bird thingy, especially the colour of the water. Good job ♥

March 20th, 2010, 9:26 PM
wowwwwwwwwwwwwww those are amazing o_0
especially the bug ones..i think its a bee lol

May 23rd, 2010, 6:25 PM
Haven't updated this thread in a while. *sigh* The pains of a full time job.

Here's a couple from the past couple of weeks.

On Flickr. (http://www.flickr.com/photos/49358788@N05/4620471052/)

1200px full size. (http://www.flickr.com/photos/49358788@N05/4617332928/sizes/o/)

PS: I have a Canon 5D mk II on its way to my house. Should be here tomorrow!

May 23rd, 2010, 8:42 PM
Theae are the most impressive photography I've seen. I love them

May 24th, 2010, 5:43 PM
That green tree python shot is absolutely perfect (:

June 4th, 2010, 7:29 PM
wow, even though bugs/snakes/certain creatures creep me out, i still love your photography. it's very bold of you to get these shots even if you don't need to be up close xP
i think the positions/actions or whatever of the creatures are great in your photos which i'd imagine would be hard to get (confusing sentence D: )

Canon Rebel XT with 70-200mm f/4.0L lens
This picture didn't come out as sharp as I had hoped, but I still like it a bit.

i love this one; it's so pure and the color of the water is just amazing

June 14th, 2010, 12:33 AM
Very, very nice photos. I love them all.

You have an affinity for animal photography, I tell you that. ;)

Captain Fabio
June 14th, 2010, 4:48 AM

From an artistic point of view, this is my favourite. Water capture are always hard to pull off and make them look amazing. Good effort.

June 20th, 2010, 8:34 AM
New camera! Still trying to get the hang of macros on the full frame sensor. Looks like I need to drop another $1500 on a 5x magnification macro lens and macro flash. >.>

On Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/49358788@N05/4667875104/sizes/l/in/photostream/)