PDA

View Full Version : Advance or SP?

Charwolf
October 23rd, 2004, 05:53 AM
Do you have an Gameboy Advance or a Gameboy Advance SP.I have an Advance but getting an SP soon.So I voted both!

DarknessMonkey
October 23rd, 2004, 06:15 AM
I Have Both Well Actually I Sold My GBA (PLUS 2 Games)
@ EB Games & Got A New SP For $50! ,
There But It Still Counts As Both...

deathbyalice
October 23rd, 2004, 06:18 AM
SP is SOO much cooler! I have one!

ravenstorture
October 23rd, 2004, 07:03 AM
I have an advance, and would like an SP but in my opinion I would rather wait and get a DS instead of an SP. DS are coming out in about two months.

deathbyalice
October 23rd, 2004, 07:05 AM
I haven't heard anything about DS, will the be able to play all the old games too?

Takuyas_Angel
October 23rd, 2004, 07:11 AM
i have both but i like the SP better because i play it the most i never play my regular GBA

ravenstorture
October 23rd, 2004, 07:37 AM
The DS and the PSP are both coming out in December, DS is Nintendo's new handheld console, PSP is Sony's new handheld console. I think DS will be able to play old games, but I'm not sure.

Silly Sentret
October 23rd, 2004, 07:49 AM
I have a GBA. My sister has an SP. I think I'm getting an SP for Christmas tho...

ryan
October 23rd, 2004, 08:07 AM
SPs are wayyyyy better. i own an SP, but my little sister has a reg gba. it's so awkward to hold IMO because it's just not the shape of a gameboy. SP is a similar shape to original, pocket, and color. and the backlighting makes playing through 4 in the morning a lot easier.

Forest Grovyle
October 23rd, 2004, 08:12 AM
I have a GBA, but would really like an SP (my brother has one, and the backlight is so useful!) :) But I think I'll wait now until the DS comes out, and buy that instead. My GBA has served me well! :D

Brittany
October 23rd, 2004, 08:21 AM
I like the design of the Advance way better. SP made me feel like I was playing an old GB. As for the light, I got a afterburner light kit, and a screencover from nintendo.com.

I also have an SP, I use it for trips and stuff though.

Cassie-chan
October 23rd, 2004, 11:08 AM
I have a GBA SP. It's so cool! I will always love the fact I can charge it. XD The backlight is so nice to have. Now I can't stand playing my brothers GBA....

Melody
October 23rd, 2004, 11:22 AM
I have a GBA, but would really like an SP (my brother has one, and the backlight is so useful!) :) But I think I'll wait now until the DS comes out, and buy that instead. My GBA has served me well! :DI agree,im doing the same thing,but i figure this,the gba is better so i add a wing grip power pack and a clip on light and Voila! i get a GBA that is just like an SP.
Anyways if you play the SP too long your hand gets cramps, just like a Gameboy or Gameboy color the shape of the GBA is better,you dont get cramps and the wing grips i added to it help alot too,so its settled. the GBA is CLEARLY better:)

Melody
October 23rd, 2004, 11:25 AM
i heard that the DS is shaped like A GBA too...

Kairi
October 23rd, 2004, 11:50 AM
This belongs in Other Games~

And I have both, though the SP finally brings us up to Game Gear’s concept of light. Yay. >_>

Tzuri17
October 23rd, 2004, 12:35 PM
I like the original GBA consule suz it's cheaper and it has the same renditions..

Crimson_Blade
October 23rd, 2004, 12:35 PM
I have an SP and man does it come useful in the night time or in dark areas

Cherrim
October 23rd, 2004, 03:35 PM
I can safely answer "both" as of one week ago. ~_^

My brother got an SP for his birthday when it came out, since the dates were really close together. That meant I was stuck with the original GBA for a long time. It started getting on my nerves since the Start button would stick down for about 5 seconds after pressing it (seriously... ask anyone who's seen it. <_< Which sadly, is very few people on this board, but oh well) and the battery cover was falling off. o_O So last week I took advantage of Best Buy's sale and.. I've got a pretty new SP. ^_^;

I was gonna wait for the DS, but I figured I'm probably not going to get it until some games come out that really, really spark my interest, so... XP

Flaming Torchic
October 23rd, 2004, 03:44 PM
Well, I would have had both if it weren't for my dad losing my GBA. >_< So yeah, I only have the SP. =<

Eliana
October 23rd, 2004, 04:08 PM
Both! XD
>>;; Recentely, My Gameboy SP was stolen. Now I have my 2 regular Game Boys and a GBA.
But however, I just ordered the Very Limited Rayquaza Gameboy SP *parties* XD

Gardy
October 23rd, 2004, 04:15 PM
Well I chose > OMG!Gameboy Advance SP! Hehe and I love it ^^

Angelus
October 23rd, 2004, 04:27 PM
I've got a GBA SP, hand cramps and all. I prefer it over the regular GBA though. Don't like having to buy the addon for headphones.

Nintendo DS will be rather good from what I've seen, but it's not the next Game Boy.. So the next Game Boy that comes out will blow away the GBA.

TRIFORCE89
October 23rd, 2004, 04:31 PM
Learn your acronyms people!

GBA = Generic Term for Game Boy Advance (includes AGB and AGS)
AGB = Game Boy Advance
AGS = Game Boy Advance SP

Anyway, I have a Game Boy Advance and a Game Boy Player. I prefer the AGS to the AGB and I tend to use it when at my uncle's house (he has one) over my AGB. I want the Classic NES AGS but I'm going to wait for the DS.

John Denver
October 23rd, 2004, 05:16 PM
Sp is the same thing, with better specs. Of course its better...

Arcanine
October 23rd, 2004, 06:14 PM
Learn your acronyms people!

GBA = Generic Term for Game Boy Advance (includes AGB and AGS)
AGB = Game Boy Advance
AGS = Game Boy Advance SP

Anyway, I have a Game Boy Advance and a Game Boy Player. I prefer the AGS to the AGB and I tend to use it when at my uncle's house (he has one) over my AGB. I want the Classic NES AGS but I'm going to wait for the DS.
Well I just call the Game Boy Advance a "GBA" and the Game Boy Advance SP "SP".

Well I both a GBA and an SP. I like my SP better because it's red. And I like how it folds, and how it's smaller and most of all the lighted screen.

Now for the members that asked about the Nintendo DS: The DS will play Game Boy Advance games. It won't play GB (Game Boy) and GBC (Game Boy Color) games. Just the DS and GBA games.

Kyosuke
October 23rd, 2004, 07:48 PM
I have a now SP even though I went though exactly 3 GBA's...

It was said that a frontlit light could not be installed because of technical issues, but I think it was to promote the GBA then after awhile when GBA became famous the SP was released. If that was their plan it was marketing genius, but if not, they did the right thing anyway XD.

Master Angel
October 24th, 2004, 11:01 AM
I have both. My GBA I got for Xmas and I bought the GBASP myself. :D

My friend (who's a guy, not a boyfriend) has both, a GBC (but he probably gave that to this little sister) and gave his Game Boy (the really old one, I think it's called a Game Boy Pocket or something) to his sister.

My friend Dani has a Game Boy Color and a GBASP. She totally skipped the GBA. :P

I also have this really cool thing for my GBASP called a Gamester. I'm sure many other people have this: it's something that attatches to the GBASP and can hold 3 games at a time.

I also have a Game Boy Color but I'm thinking of selling it (as if anyone will buy it though. It's as old as dinosaurs! :P )

BigBoss
October 26th, 2004, 02:41 PM
SP is better, but mine was recently stolen, (idiot is gonna be mad when he finds out he needs a charger XD) and I sold my GBA, so I have none for now, but now I have all the more reason to get a DS. I'm glad I had my FR in my pocket...... not in my SP.(that was my 3rd SP.....)

Flabébé
November 2nd, 2004, 08:38 PM
I have an SP. I used 2 have a gba but i gave it 2 m litle brother

pokejungle
November 6th, 2004, 09:09 AM
Also: The DS can't connect when playing GBA games. Its pretty much a scam. They were right though, its not a new GB!

I voted both. I was stupid enough to think that I needed a GBA that looked cooler! I still like my SP better. I gave my GBA to my sis.

Zero119
November 6th, 2004, 09:29 PM
I have both. Ive had them both for a real long time.

pokejungle
November 7th, 2004, 07:23 AM
So what color SP did you get..? Colbat/Platinum?

Alex_
November 7th, 2004, 07:29 AM
i have an SP and i'll be getting DS for Christmas

Ryoutarou
November 7th, 2004, 08:13 AM
I HAD A sp, but lost it in my many varous moves,^ ^ ;. The DS isn't even slated for AMerican release yet, all we know is that it will come out sometime in fall newxt year in Japan, might be next winter for the US.

Brittany
November 7th, 2004, 10:02 AM
I HAD A sp, but lost it in my many varous moves,^ ^ ;. The DS isn't even slated for AMerican release yet, all we know is that it will come out sometime in fall newxt year in Japan, might be next winter for the US.
I thought the release for the DS in Japan was 12/2/04...
And that the US release was on Nov 21...

pokejungle
November 7th, 2004, 05:46 PM

Ummm..."we" ...? How 'bout "you". "We" all know what Brittany pointed out. XD

Alex_
November 7th, 2004, 05:47 PM
yeah..lol....i was wonderin, what he ment by that O_o

Brittany
November 7th, 2004, 05:55 PM
Kinda wierd that DS has a release for America before Japan. I might be wrong though.
*doesn't keep up that well with DS news*

pokejungle
November 7th, 2004, 05:59 PM
You were correct Brittany.

*Keeps up to the second news*

I have no clue where he would even pick up that news....?

And yes, it is weird the USA is getting it before Japan. I think thats a first XD

Alex_
November 7th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Yeah it comes out before Japan , Japan usually always gets things first all the GBA games, movies etc.

pokejungle
November 7th, 2004, 06:05 PM
Yes, and I find it quite annoying...-_-

Ryoutarou
November 8th, 2004, 07:36 AM
It can't be helped, the Japanese did make it so they have all right to it first, even is NOA did give them some assistants. Brittany that release date was only a tentative one....plus you should know never to trust release....they never hold out,lol.

pokejungle
November 8th, 2004, 11:31 AM
That's not tentative...it has been confirmed for awhile now....

For a looooong while.....=D

Isaac Gravity
November 8th, 2004, 01:23 PM
Well I had my GBA for a long while now and it's still in the best of shape. Though I want a SP i'm a little tight finacially and so, I must make due with what I have. Even when I can scrounge the cash for a SP (used or new) I think I might just forget it and save up for a PS2 for reasons that I should be content with what I'm able to earn.