View Full Version : Contacts in my phone

January 22nd, 2010, 11:25 AM
I just got a new T-Mobile phone yesterday, with a brand new SIM card. It was fully activated this morning at 5:00 AM, and when I woke up hours later, there were lots of contacts that I had never seen before! Any idea as to how these got onto my phone?

January 22nd, 2010, 11:37 AM
If the contacts are numbers related to T-Mobile, then that's pretty much standard practice. Maybe more information than "a bunch of contacts lolol" would help?

January 22nd, 2010, 11:51 AM
Okay, let me clarify. Another person's, as in not mine. Never seen them before, they're names of people, like "Aunt Velma".

Gerri Shin
January 22nd, 2010, 12:11 PM
Walk into the T-Mobile store where you got the phone and explain this problem to them. They should correct it quickly as it appears that someone else's number is now in your phone.

January 24th, 2010, 4:10 PM
The problem is, I bought it from online. I should probably just call T-Mobile customer service or something.

January 26th, 2010, 12:00 PM
I... would've contacted your provider before a Pokémon forum regardless buuut maybe you got a refurbished phone and they forgot to blank it before setting it back for sale again. Definitely contact them about it because if they don't know they're missing these sorts of things, they'll probably slip up again. @_@

Worst case, they'll just tell you to delete all the numbers, really. Best case, you can complain incessantly and get a brand new phone out of it? /shrug