PDA

View Full Version : A Blessed meeting.

Hospitaller
January 25th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Greeting and God bless. I am Hospitaller, servant of the lord Jesus Christ and follower of the lord Cross, at your service. I am, first and foremost, a devout Christian, but recently I have been getting into Pokemon. Although I can't say I'm the world's biggest fan, I believe in the philosophy "If I'm going to do somehting, I'm going to do it well". So, how did I get into Pokemon, what's my playstyle, and much, much more will be revealed if you read on, dear friend.

Up 'til a few days ago, I thought Pokemon was sinful. I suppose 'tis ironic, but now I see that it's not all demons and dragons, just a few people who are having fun... Almost like collecting butterflies. Anyhow,despite my recent acceptance of Pokemon, I do have reservations on using Dark, Dragon and Ghost Pokemon... Which is partially one of the reasons I like the Steel type. If I can counter the more... Evil tpyes, then all is good. Some will call it sad, I call it faith. I suppose I should lighten up a bit, but it's my choice. That said, I won't try ad force you to not use the aforementioned types.

I've only just got Platinum, but I already have a basic grasp of Pokemon types and their strengths and weaknesses, particlarly the Steel type. I'm not one to rush into things unprepared, so I spent a little time looking up ratings and such on the interweb. I happened across a site called "Bulbapedia" And had a look at the Steel type, which seems like a good defensive type, yes? Anyway, if it works, I'll use it. Small side note, does the first Pokemon you can get called "Piplup" evolve into a Steel type? It just looks like it will.

I've always thought of Pokemon as a Godless game for sinners and children, but a few days ago my friend brought his copy of Diamond over. I watched him playing it and became... Entranced, if you will, by the Pokemon. There are so many in different shapes and colours, I just... I dunno, I just wanted a go. So I had a go on his game using a Lucario and an Aerodactyl and I had great fun, so I decided to get it fo myself. I know people say it's childish, but I feel if it's not childish to me, then it's fine for me to play.

I'm not trying to get across the opinion that I've lived a good thirteen years, far from it. I have hurt people, and I shall doubtless do it again. But I try and make amends, so if I stumble, I can become better on my path to purity. Anyway... In the games, I think I shall play dfensively. Sort of not trying to win, just not trying to lose, either. The Steel type seems good for this, so I think I'll use them a fair bit in game. Who knows, we'll have to wait and see.

Well, I look forward to spending time on the forums, may your every endeavour fall under the grace of God and be blessed.

NiKaNoRoU
January 25th, 2010, 11:33 AM
This...wow. This is THE most EMOTIONAL, SPECULATIVE and RELIGIOUS introduction I've ever seen in a forum. You sir, certainly caught my attention. Not because you're religious as I am, but more like your way of talking. Welcome to the pokecommunity, let's hope that you spread the good spirit around :]

Well, I considered it emotional, because it touched me.

Hospitaller
January 25th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Emotional, perhaps not, but speculative and religious, yes it is. Thank you for welcoming me.

Alexithymia~
January 25th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Welcome Hospitaller :3

Your intro certainly was refreshing. A lot different that the usual; "I'm new here."
I hope you enjoy finding out more about pokémon. :3

Hospitaller
January 25th, 2010, 12:00 PM
@Snowwy
I generally don't conform to stereotypes. Thanks for the welcome.

@Deviation
I hadn't expected anything less, and I don't intend to upset anyone. Thank you for being so kind.

Gold warehouse
January 25th, 2010, 12:02 PM
I've always thought of Pokemon as a Godless game for sinners and children, but a few days ago my friend brought his copy of Diamond over. I watched him playing it and became... Entranced, if you will, by the Pokemon. There are so many in different shapes and colours, I just... I dunno, I just wanted a go. So I had a go on his game using a Lucario and an Aerodactyl and I had great fun, so I decided to get it fo myself.

I'm afraid that's how it starts out for everyone, it seems innocent enough until eventually you realise that you've been tempted by the devil and fallen for his tricks. The way you describe being entranced by Pokemon, all the signs are here.

Banjora Marxvile
January 25th, 2010, 12:05 PM
So much detail in an entrance to PC. Well, I can see you have your beliefs, and I think we will all respect that, if you also respect ours, which judging by your intro, is more than likely.

I wish you all the best, and a fun time here on PC.

I also couldn't help notice, you seem to prefer not to hurt, but to defend (both in and out of Pokemon). Interesting, if only people followed your rules. (Shame I follow the elegant style of speed... But looks stylish)

Hospitaller
January 25th, 2010, 12:09 PM
@Vendak
Yes, I'm sure that the devil is trying to lure me into playing an evil children's game. Oh no, I'm damned for eternity!

@Deviation
That is, indeed, my philosophy, If everyone followed that philosophy, we'd have a much nicer world. Alas, they don't. But Speed's nice too. It's good to strike hard and fast if necessary.

Drew
January 25th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Alright, it's very true that this is certainly one of more interesting introduction topics made here in a while, but please remember to follow the area rules guys, and don't post more than once in someone's intro thread. :3 (This doesn't apply to Hospitaller, since this is his thread 'n all)

With that out of the way, I'll say that I'm glad you found an interest in Pokemon, and I hope you enjoy your stay here~.

Welcome to PC, Hospitaller. :D

& If you have any questions, then I'm always opened to be PM'd.

Hospitaller
January 25th, 2010, 01:05 PM
@Drew
Thanks, If I need some help I'll know where to go.