PDA

View Full Version : WMP11 issue?

BakingBluePotatoe
February 1st, 2010, 12:02 PM
why won't it show the name of the song and artist in the top left corner? was this taken out of 11? (I was using 9 before the other computer died)

.Bullet
February 1st, 2010, 03:39 PM
Microsoft has a reputation for screwing with their native application GUIs, so it was probably just changed somewhere after your version.

HackMew
February 2nd, 2010, 06:00 AM
You might want to check this (http://www.docstoc.com/docs/22775800/Mastering-Windows-Media-Player-11) out.

Cassino
February 2nd, 2010, 11:06 AM
9 was the best version amongst all savvy minds. In 11 there is no way to make the info appear there.

linkinpark187
February 2nd, 2010, 11:29 AM
If I'm not mistaken, the name of the song playing was moved to the bottom left-hand corner, next to the Back/Play/Next buttons. There's also a pane that should show you a playlist.

And, IMHO, I like Windows Media Player 12 the best, so far (for those that don't know, it's only released with Windows 7, which...is really rather sad, because everyone should get to experience it). It took a few minutes to get used to, because, Microsoft in their usual way, revamped the whole thing, but I love it now.

twocows
February 2nd, 2010, 02:00 PM
9 was the best version amongst all savvy minds. In 11 there is no way to make the info appear there.
WMP12 is so much better that it isn't even funny. H.264, AAC, and Divx support are almost necessary these days; it's rather surprising that they weren't added earlier.

Cassino
February 2nd, 2010, 03:35 PM
Oh, I'd not heard of that... Can't say I like its looks though.